criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Take Kashyyk Out Of The HvV Rotation

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited August 2018
Or give us the option to have it excluded. It's the most cancerous map, its one big fall hazard or Boba's playground to fly everywhere and camp. Just get rid it it.

Replies

• moltentown
    198 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I like and dislike it. Sometimes I like playing outside and throwing people off the map with bombs and the force (don't mind the karma) and sometimes I dread how **** it gets. I don't want it taken off, but I would like map selection so I can skip maps I dislike like the Kessel (the Solo one; it's a boring map for me) and Bespin (I hate the spawning). Edit: Yavin 4 is also bad, it has runners always.
  • I wouldn't want Kashyyk removed from HvV and hero showdown. That would be stupid. The part of Kashyyk us gamers should be playing on for HvV and hero showdown should be on the ground like in galactic assault not on platforms in the air. I like force pushing people off the platform but at the same I don't like being pushed off myself once in a while.
  • RyanAve1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want Kashyyk removed from HvV and hero showdown. That would be ****. The part of Kashyyk us gamers should be playing on for HvV and hero showdown should be on the ground like in galactic assault not on platforms in the air. I like force pushing people off the platform but at the same I don't like being pushed off myself once in a while.

I would prefer a different Kashyyk map but that won't happen. Just give me an option to not put me on it. I'll wait the extra minute or two.
  • Agree, most brain tumor map, falling contest.
  • So if you are able to wait, why didn’t you quit (before the match starts) to the menu and come back just after (out-in) ? The map and the team have few chance to be the same... I think it takes less than 2 minutes to do that since the loading screens no longer last an eternity.
  • Yeah honestly I don’t like it either I think getting pushed off the map is kinda boring and uncreative in my opinion
  • No maps should be taken out of any rotation. The more maps the better. Just adapt.

Adapt to Boba flying out of range and dragging matches to 30+ minutes? That's just ridiculous.

I already adapt to the fall hazards by selecting a saver hero to block push abilities, but that doesn't make the map fun or well designed. Unfortunately, this game is in such a sad state that block abilities work maybe half it the time.

I'd settle for having the option to not have it come up for me by deslecting that map.
  • No maps should be taken out of any rotation. The more maps the better. Just adapt.

Adapt to Boba flying out of range and dragging matches to 30+ minutes? That's just ridiculous.

I already adapt to the fall hazards by selecting a saver hero to block push abilities, but that doesn't make the map fun or well designed. Unfortunately, this game is in such a sad state that block abilities work maybe half it the time.

I'd settle for having the option to not have it come up for me by deslecting that map.

Take Luke and push him away... ez
  • So if you are able to wait, why didn’t you quit (before the match starts) to the menu and come back just after (out-in) ? The map and the team have few chance to be the same... I think it takes less than 2 minutes to do that since the loading screens no longer last an eternity.

I will deal with it if I'm in a good lobby but it absolutely is a crutch map for Boba, and leans heavily in favor of heroes with a push ability. If I don't want to play it, I do diorniit before getting into the preload lobby, but the tiime doing that, and then finding a decent lobby, or a dead lobby, it becomes a chore. I dropped out of a Kashyyk lob t last night and took 5 quit/join to not get thrown into a dead lobby of my and outer space.

• its fun to mindtrick ppl and see them walk off the edges on their own

:D
  • Shoot Boba as he flies away with Chewie's bowcaster.

You just shot him down. Congratulations.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I love playing Boba, but I have to be careful on this map. I've gone against many a good player who just blows me out of the sky no problem (Luke push, Chewie bowcaster, Han detonate charge, Yoda push). I dont find him to be the problem on that map anymore, more so the push spam on the LS. I will be the first to admit that I occasionally partake in the push fest though haha.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    No. The persistent fall hazard emphasizes situational awareness & positioning skill. Good HvV map.

It's also way too much fun to pick Han and Swolder smack Sith lords off the map.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • One solution is also to hang back on the inside of the map, if the outskirts are scary.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Yea keep kashyyyk in. Love that map for both quality and the location. Sure it's annoying when people run or push/pull you off edges. But you just adapt/switch character and out play them.
  • TonyGoombah1
    1324 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's annoying, it really does need to go, it encouraged cowardice players to just pick maul and run as target and occassionally turn around to throw the people chasing u off ledges for an easy kill Same with luke. And when both of them are the target then god help us its going to be a long round.

It should of been the second phase with the bunkers or the hangar area, I'd even take the beach over this.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Yes, please give me less content. With the way things are going, that would probably go over well.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • While I don’t necessarily want it removed because it IS fun to throw people off the map,it is much less fun to fall off the map after getting stuck on one of those tiny railings after dashing as mail or luke.
  • Or give us the option to have it excluded. It's the most cancerous map, its one big fall hazard or Boba's playground to fly everywhere and camp. Just get rid it it.

I would rather they switch it to an on the ground map.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    its fun to mindtrick ppl and see them walk off the edges on their own

:D

Just give me a minute, I'll fall off without any help.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• GGAMA92 wrote: »
    No maps should be taken out of any rotation. The more maps the better. Just adapt.

Take Luke and push him away... ez

Was just gonna say the same
  • Love pushing people off the edge. Great little map.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Lol love the boba comments if we are going to start removing maps cause of boba at least 50% of the maps would be gone if not more. also less maps makes things boring just use your head and dont mindlessly walk around close to an edge and learn how to predict when people will try to knock you off.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000