criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bring the U-Wing to Hoth, and it may need buff too.

FriedPizza773
1135 posts Member
edited August 2018
q33ol1stlxkf.png

The U-Wing is the least used Artillery in the game, and probably the least used vehicle overall, as it can only be used on Yavin 4 during the third phase of GA.

To give more usages for the U-Wing, why not bring it over to Hoth as well? The first phase should be perfect, and because of a wider-open area it should be even more fun to use.

In addition, the U-Wing may probably need buff as well, at least maybe slightly. It feels weaker than the one from BF2015, and I had harder times getting more kills than the LAAT.

Replies

• bfloo
    12991 posts Member
    They are having trouble adapting it to the cold
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    IT would be nice to see it on more maps than just Yavin Phase 3. I can honestly say I've never been in a Uwing in this game, and a friend of mine who's had the game since launch didn't even realise it existed until the other day haha. I said something about how hard it is to get it, and he was just there like 'wait you can get in the Uwing?' He'd never clocked that it was a thing, probably because it's always greyed out.
    Hoth would probably work for it - only thing is, the Rebels already have air superiority and strafe runs are still common even with the ion torpedo (and I imagine it's a little worse with the recent nerf but idk, haven't played yet), so giving them another aerial weapon might be a bit much. Also, because it's so open, it might end up being OP as if you get caught out in the open as a Snowtrooper with no nearby caves then you're probably going down. Still, it could work nicely - I'd certainly like to see it on at least one more map for at least one phase. Maybe even Tatooine, and the flight pattern just changes from phase to phase? Only issue there is that the whole objective is to defend some Uwings (well, a Uwing) from being blown up while it refuels, so having a Uwing up in the air seems a little odd. Still, I think they could work well on that map.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Eh, rebels already have total sky domination.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• FriedPizza773
    1135 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    IT would be nice to see it on more maps than just Yavin Phase 3. I can honestly say I've never been in a Uwing in this game, and a friend of mine who's had the game since launch didn't even realise it existed until the other day haha. I said something about how hard it is to get it, and he was just there like 'wait you can get in the Uwing?' He'd never clocked that it was a thing, probably because it's always greyed out.
    Hoth would probably work for it - only thing is, the Rebels already have air superiority and strafe runs are still common even with the ion torpedo (and I imagine it's a little worse with the recent nerf but idk, haven't played yet), so giving them another aerial weapon might be a bit much. Also, because it's so open, it might end up being OP as if you get caught out in the open as a Snowtrooper with no nearby caves then you're probably going down. Still, it could work nicely - I'd certainly like to see it on at least one more map for at least one phase. Maybe even Tatooine, and the flight pattern just changes from phase to phase? Only issue there is that the whole objective is to defend some Uwings (well, a Uwing) from being blown up while it refuels, so having a Uwing up in the air seems a little odd. Still, I think they could work well on that map.
    Eh, rebels already have total sky domination.

You guys made good point. I guess I haven't thought thoroughly enough since they already dominate the Hoth's sky.

Perhaps they should also add a limit that would be share between the U-wing and the other three ships (X-Wing, A-Wing and Y-Wing)? Or replace of one of these three Rebel ships with the U-Wing? Though the latter probably doesn't sound like the best option. Also, keep in mind that the U-Wing is only an air-to-ground vehicle, meaning that it can hardly defend itself from the TIEs.

Also, I haven't thought about Tatooine as well. It would also be another good place for the U-Wing usage too, even though the Rebel's objective is about a refueling another U-Wing. It might sounds very awkward, but something like this wouldn't be the first time, since back in BF2015 players can also use the U-Wing to gun down when flying around the map during the third phase of Infiltration gamemode, since is actually about the Rebels getting back to another U-Wing that was on the ground and waiting for the arrival of a data tape before the evacuation.
  • I hope the U-wing gets added to some of these maps, its a shame you can't play it much at all at the moment
  • Eh, rebels already have total sky domination.

Yeah. Rebels pretty much own the skies over Hoth anyways.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg