criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

New Ion Torpedo and Maul’s new sabre throw

It’s my exams so I can’t just hop in and test but can please someone review the two changes...i mean it’s bugging me...(pun intended)

Replies

• AnsatsukenDisciple37
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ion torpedo is seems to be way more glitchy in its activation...Unable to lock onto some targets at times. Looks to do half the damage it used to ATSTs, and no longer seems to take out anybody stood next to an exploding turret. Just my first impressions, I could be wrong.
  • Thanks pal...anyone else?!?
  • Notice my torps was buggy shot at gunboats did 3 things killled them n 3 shots, didnt kill them in 3 shots but did dmg or didnt do any dmg to them at all after hitting them.

Chicken Walkers could take them down in one volley.

LUV's shot whole load into 1 for him just to run me down. shot at others seen it hit and nothing but my torp did fly around to hit them from behind so maybe that was the deal for no dmg
  • Ion torpedo is toast. Starfighters must be loving it.
  • The damn thing always did need exponentially better tracking...
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Ion torp is now good for taking out turrets...that's it. So really it's useless now. Also it's so buggy that by the time you can actually use it and lock onto a turret, you are dead.
  • Thanks a lot...very helpful...what about mauls throw tho?
  • Seriously, the Ion Torpedo is not useless. The damage has been cut by about 30% or so, but that’s more than enough to shave a lot of health off Walkers and vehicles.

As for Maul, I can’t say, haven’t played him yet. Might put some hours into HvV today. Anyway, before the patch, he never had any issues with his saner throw for me, but that’s probably because I was always so close to the target when I used the ability.
  • Royazeee wrote: »
    Thanks a lot...very helpful...what about mauls throw tho?

It's still bugged but It will damage people and not go through them. Still no tracking.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• mauls saber throw is still garbage it still barley ever hits anything.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Definitely survive a lot longer in an AT ST again.
  • MC_XIX
    1760 posts Member
    Hit detection is much better with Maul's saber throw, but it's still a poor ability because the angle that he throws it at makes it too difficult to reliably hit anything.
  • Ion torpedo is glitched. If you are targeting an AT ST or some small tank, and the big tank like AT AT or MTT are close or in the back, the torpedo will change its course to hit the mayor tank.
  • Ion torpedo is glitched. If you are targeting an AT ST or some small tank, and the big tank like AT AT or MTT are close or in the back, the torpedo will change its course to hit the mayor tank.

Been that way since launch, unfortunately.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....