criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Aussies - Can you get into a game??

G'day all, before I update and get my hopes up, have any of us Aussies managed to get into a game?

It's been literally over two months since I have been able to play online, and after reading some of the reports in the Ping Sites thread . . . . let's just say I'm concerned that it hasn't fixed anything for us other than the label sticking in the UI.

I await your comments patiently, and look forward to a 'sense of pride and achievement'

Replies

• I'm in Melbourne on Xbox One and I can get into GA and HvV with no problem.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • I might try it now
    Ps4
  • Yea tried last night after the patch, could find both GA and HvV. It appears the server switch issue has been fixed too.
  • No
    1 person in lobby
  • Yea
    Left a lobby
    Then tried again and in a full 40 player game
  • Psy3d
    497 posts Member
    Switch to US-OREGON and you will always get games. A little lag is better than empty lobbies.
  • It fixed itself for me about 2 weeks ago now, after a month of not being able to play. Just completely randomly fixed itself like nothing had ever happened.
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER we request your presence my Lord
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    It fixed itself for me about 2 weeks ago now, after a month of not being able to play. Just completely randomly fixed itself like nothing had ever happened.

Same
    I can get heaps of games now
    Can't wait to destroy you on the battlefield lol
    It fixed itself for me about 2 weeks ago now, after a month of not being able to play. Just completely randomly fixed itself like nothing had ever happened.

Same

You on PS4? Good luck if so, I’m a fairly decent player. :P
    moondynemc wrote: »

Same

I'm not to shabby myself
    We should team up sometime
    ToddyRocket1
  • I'm in Adelaide, and can find games of GA and HvV no problems (occassionally Starfighter Assault too) but have not been able to find any games of Blast, Strike, Extraction or Hero Starfighters for a while now - surely those modes have at least 1 lobby at any one time?

Also,

Same

I see your name pop up in lobbies for me ALL the time Moondyne, , usually on the other team where we have some good tussles. I'm always looking for more people to party up with!
  • Are any of you playing on the actual Australian server? Couldn't find any matches on the Australian Server last night after the update, but could easily get into games on the Virginian Server.
  • LunarCoil wrote: »
    Are any of you playing on the actual Australian server? Couldn't find any matches on the Australian Server last night after the update, but could easily get into games on the Virginian Server.

Yea i did
    How late did you try playing
    I didn't see your name
    9.00pm to 10.30pm for me last night
  • at first i couldn't and posted about it in the ping issue thread. but then i switched my ping site back to sydney manually and then it seemed fine as long as i chose the CW tile. when i went through the normal assault path i got empty lobbies.
  • LunarCoil
    369 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    LunarCoil wrote: »
    Are any of you playing on the actual Australian server? Couldn't find any matches on the Australian Server last night after the update, but could easily get into games on the Virginian Server.

Yea i did
    How late did you try playing
    I didn't see your name
    9.00pm to 10.30pm for me last night

I was on after midnight, so maybe it had more to do with no one playing on the server, rather than being able to b connected to it.
  • i played 9 to maybe midnight with the ping site set to sydney.

will be on tonight at around 9 aest
  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    I'm in Adelaide, and can find games of GA and HvV no problems (occassionally Starfighter Assault too) but have not been able to find any games of Blast, Strike, Extraction or Hero Starfighters for a while now - surely those modes have at least 1 lobby at any one time?

Also,

Same

I see your name pop up in lobbies for me ALL the time Moondyne, , usually on the other team where we have some good tussles. I'm always looking for more people to party up with!

Haha cool (: first time I’ve ever been recognised on the forum! I’ll keep an eye out for you, same or similar PSN name as your forum name?
  • Same as above. Mine fixed itself after playing a couple weeks on US Virginia server
    PSN Morangaz
    Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    I'm in Adelaide, and can find games of GA and HvV no problems (occassionally Starfighter Assault too) but have not been able to find any games of Blast, Strike, Extraction or Hero Starfighters for a while now - surely those modes have at least 1 lobby at any one time?

Also,

Same

Haha cool (: first time I’ve ever been recognised on the forum! I’ll keep an eye out for you, same or similar PSN name as your forum name?

My PSN name is the exact same! Jazza_21SD
    I'll be on tonight between 8:30Pm and 12:30AM AEST
  • As a PC user, I can assure people that the Default Ping Server Bug is fixed. It was the evry first thjing I looked at once I'd downloaded the patch.

That said as someone who mainly plays Starfighter Assault, there rarely ever seems to be a game of it going on our server these days. Those of us who play it spend time on the US Viriginia Server or the german server as we always seem to be able to finjd a game on one of those two.

GA and H v V on the Australian Server seem to be ok to find a game, but the rest? I dunno.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Xbox SA player, smashin the Oregon and Virginian players during the AEST evening hours. Aussie SA is long dead (killed by SA HvV).
  • MCA26
    173 posts Member
    Aussie PS4 player. It's still broken. Got into GA but can't get into anything else. Changing to another server is no help.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3934 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hi all,
    Hi everyone,
    The Ping site issue has been fixed in the latest update. This means that your selection will now properly save.
    However, we are aware of your reports that you are still experiencing problems finding matches. We're investigating this.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1199625/#Comment_1199625
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Last night I played a few rounds while on the Australian server. Gameplay felt really smooth. Really appreciate Dice fixing this, thanks!

Also,

Same

I don't see half of you guys on Aus ps4, maybe not paying enough attention. Have definitely see a variation of jazza playing, if not you
  • Azelrazel wrote: »

Also,

Same

I don't see half of you guys on Aus ps4, maybe not paying enough attention. Have definitely see a variation of jazza playing, if not you

Add me.
    My PSN tag is: LunarCoil
  • @LunarCoil haha sure thing. Definitely seen you online. Been the hated player on the other team a few times hahah
  • @Azelrazel awww :( don't hate, just have fun and a good laugh :smile:
  • LunarCoil wrote: »
    @Azelrazel awww :( don't hate, just have fun and a good laugh :smile:
    Haha sometimes hard with cheap attacks and terrible team mates haha
    Sorry if I've ever pulled a cheap attack on you. Would this be in HvV? What would an example be?
  • Azelrazel
    611 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    Sorry if I've ever pulled a cheap attack on you. Would this be in HvV? What would an example be?

Haha yea HvV, can't remember specifically but it wasn't fun. Think if I've ever seen you in GA, you've just had some talent
  • I've only seen probably 4 people in game here
    I do have 3 accounts, mine and the kids and half the time I'm helping the kids get credits on there games

Also,

Same

You definitely seem familiar to me as well - same deal where maybe it isn't you but a name very close! I'll keep an eye out for you guys though!

Also,

Same

You definitely seem familiar to me as well - same deal where maybe it isn't you but a name very close! I'll keep an eye out for you guys though!

This is my pc name, ps4 is Meioh, secrets out now
  • on PC:

1. Select AU
    2. Join game, empty lobby
    3. Check server - South Africa
    4. Select AU
    5. Join game, empty lobby
    6. Check server - Hong Kong
    7. Rinse repeat

Any ideas why I'm being sent to Hong Kong and South Africa?
  • no, but raise it in the ping issue thread.. i know that there's still issues with that and they're asking for more information.
  • actually although admitting the ping issue probably aint fixed that thread is closed. try posting in the 1066 error one. unless lots of noise is made nothing will get done.
  • MCA26
    173 posts Member
    I'm in, playing Strike again.
  • I just had a heap of GA matches
  • Ok, I might give it a go this afternoon.

Hoping to get into my first GA game in over 2 months ...........

What a horrible thing to type.
  • I've been playing matches in Aus servers the entire time the ping issues were going. Not sure I understand why people weren't?
    I've been playing matches in Aus servers the entire time the ping issues were going. Not sure I understand why people weren't?

The Default Ping Server bug occurred in teh patch prior to this one. If you changed to an overssaes based server to find a game, when you tried to go back to your default server, after setting it to "Aus" it would instead set you on either the UAE or South Africa server. So if you never treied going to an overseas server then you would not have gotten it.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
    I've been playing matches in Aus servers the entire time the ping issues were going. Not sure I understand why people weren't?

The Default Ping Server bug occurred in teh patch prior to this one. If you changed to an overssaes based server to find a game, when you tried to go back to your default server, after setting it to "Aus" it would instead set you on either the UAE or South Africa server. So if you never treied going to an overseas server then you would not have gotten it.

That's the thing, I understand that. Would go overseas and always have it default back to Japan when I tried Aus again. Would just reset it buy joining then quiting and bam, back in Aus servers until the next time going to overseas servers. Did nobody do this?

That's the thing, I understand that. Would go overseas and always have it default back to Japan when I tried Aus again. Would just reset it buy joining then quiting and bam, back in Aus servers until the next time going to overseas servers. Did nobody do this?

Yea i did and it didn't work
    I would get sent to Hong Kong or japan
    But it's fine now
  • Hooray, got in!!

Also: I suck, need to start all over again :P

Thanks

Yes I did. I helped work out the problem, and workedf out a couple of work arounds which got me backl to Australia too. Problem is many people didn't read the bugs forum so didn't know about it.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Can't find a game of Extraction
    I guess lack of maps has made people bored of this mode
    There's only so many times you can play the same 2 maps

Yes I did. I helped work out the problem, and workedf out a couple of work arounds which got me backl to Australia too. Problem is many people didn't read the bugs forum so didn't know about it.

That's the other thing, they gave us instructions how to fix it which involved disconnecting from the servers manually and when you reconnect it should default back to the closest. Something like that.
    I never used this method as I found something that worked which didn't involve getting up to unplug my Ethernet cable haha. But this proves that there was multiple methods to fix the problem, one was posted on the top of the forums.
    Don't mean to be the devils advocate but it's people's own fault for not taking the initiative to fix their problem in this situation (yes a situation we shouldn't be in)