criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would be possible increase max players to 24-25/teams in Conquest?

JediPacoElFlaco
419 posts Member
edited August 30
Maybe 20 players/team aren't enough to a good Conquest mode.

With the squad system: 4 squads × 5 players/squad or 5 squads x 4 players/squad.

If there are 4 capture points in the map, only 5 players attack each point and very distant grom other squads.

Besides more vehicles imply less troopers in the battlefield. Minus starfigthers. Minus heroes.

And more important it's nearly impossible to squad of 5 or less troopers defend themself to a heroe.

Comparing to Battlefield 1 has max 64 players, 32 players/team in these big modes.

What's your opinion?
ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg

Replies

• DrX2345
    2883 posts Member
    I think we might see an all-out 32v32 battle, at least that's what a lot of people are hoping for. I think, with the increased play area size (you get access o more or less the whole map at once rather than just a section) 20 v 20 would be too stretched out, whereas 32 v 32 would be perfect. It'll be a multiple of 4, the max team size, to make sure the squads work.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Devlin21
    8083 posts Member
    32v32 or bust.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• 32 v 32 would be great, even ga games can feel a bit empty (especially in the first stage) so I’d like to see them becom 24 v 24. Geonosis will be the biggest map yet so it would make sense to have more than 40 players
  • DrX2345
    2883 posts Member
    32 v 32 would be great, even ga games can feel a bit empty (especially in the first stage) so I’d like to see them becom 24 v 24. Geonosis will be the biggest map yet so it would make sense to have more than 40 players
    I think GA is fine. 24v24 would have to be the absolute maximum, but I think 20v20 is fine (especially given the size of final phase areas, like Naboo... Imagine 48 players trying to fit I t there haha). But yeah, 32 v 32 for Conquest please (I think that's the plan, as to got taking down capital ships as well on the roadmap)
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF