criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

August Update: The Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Roadmap

2Next

Replies

• Clone Wars is the last of the content which is why they are dragging out 2017-made content towards the end of Fall 2019. The reason for them dragging this old content to Fall 2019? Jedi Fallen Order which is scheduled to be released then. Notice there's no other Star Wars game scheduled between now and then and it's clear that there will be no Battlefront III to go with EP9.

Yep, sucks this is possibly the last one for a while.
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited September 12
    I really wished they had just announced 4 DLCs and sold them outright. Look at how many people want BF 2015 content and game modes in BF2. It's obvious that BF 2015 was well worth the DLC cost since so many people bought the DLCs. Look at this mess BF2 is. No one knows what's coming and even the stuff announced is minor, the added on game modes are simply thought up in 2-minute sessions at the water cooler. I mean, you're telling me it took 2 full years to come up with hero/starfighter showdown? Compare Jetpack Cargo, Ewok Hunt and the Showdowns to Turning Point, Walker Assault, Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber Sabotage, Extraction with more than one map (I don't count a rehashed map), Infiltration Scarif, Battle Station Death Star and Drop Zone. I would rather pay for those quality games modes than this current roster of trash.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    swbf2-seasons-calendar-fall-spring.jpg

Today, we’re giving you an updated view of the Roadmap for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. Kicking off with September, the Roadmap outlines planned content drops* for much of 2018. Also, we’re revealing what’s currently scoped for the winter season.

To learn more about what’s coming and has come in August, don’t miss our rundown of the Elite Corps Update.

September – The Improved Squad System Is Coming

September will mark the arrival of the new Squad System, bringing the ability for players to spawn on squad members, available first in Galactic Assault, Blast, and Strike modes. Aimed to encourage team play, the Squad System is an improved and streamlined way for players to stick together in Star Wars Battlefront II.

The 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolfpack Battalion are also coming in September. The additional clone trooper Appearances are joining the ranks of the Galactic Republic.

The Squad System, supplementary Appearances, and more, will be detailed separately here on the official Star Wars Battlefront II website closer to the September drop date.

October – All About General Grievous

The first of the heroes announced at EA PLAY, General Grievous, is debuting in Star Wars Battlefront II this October. The droid army general will be joining his villainous peers on the dark side, certainly looking to add to his collection of Jedi lightsabers.

November – The Month of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Geonosis

Countering General Grievous, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is reinforcing the light side of the Force in November. Obi-Wan will be able to demonstrate his heroic abilities in our newest Galactic Assault map, Geonosis. Releasing in November, the new location is known as a major theatre of conflict during the Clone Wars. Traversing the Geonosian home world will be even more exciting with the addition of three new vehicles: the STAP, the BARC speeder, and the AT-TE.

Also in November, the 212th Attack Battalion clone soldiers are approaching – made available as trooper Appearances for the Galactic Republic. These soldiers notably aided Obi-Wan in his hunt for General Grievous.

Winter – Count Dooku, New Large-Scale Mode, Anakin Skywalker, and More

Count Dooku, Yoda’s old Padawan who turned to the dark side with a thirst for more power, is bringing his menace to Star Wars Battlefront II.

The Coruscant Guard – an elite division of clone troopers originally serving as peacekeepers on the Republic capital planet of Coruscant – will be available as trooper Appearances for the Galactic Republic, too.

And, we’re excited to be releasing a new mode in Star Wars Battlefront II, a non-linear Star Wars sandbox experience. In this mode two teams battle for capture points and to ultimately bring down capital ships.

If all that wasn’t enough, for the first time, Anakin Skywalker becoming playable as a hero for the light side. Famously under Anakin’s lead during the Clone Wars, and later known as “Vader’s Fist,” the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances* also come into play during this period.

General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker will all get additional Appearances as well.

More content and features are still to be confirmed, but we wanted to give you this advance look into what’s coming up. Also note that things might move around, be added, or changed. That’s why we’ll come back in September with another look at the Roadmap, covering upcoming months in more detail. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too.

... Two things I wish for.

1) Bigger arcade maps

2) Geonosis for arcade

Please make that happen.
  • A couple of the things I'm really hoping we'll get soon are Private Match mode, and online support for Arcade so we can play online Co-op and Versus modes. The latter is especially important for the PC version because, with the lack of split-screen support (again), Co-op and Versus modes are completely absent from it (which just isn't right considering PC players have to pay the same price as console players).

What kills me is these features are available in the previous BF, and players love it. So why weren't they prioritized to be available in BFII at launch?
    "All wings report in."
  • That's easy to answer. They spent 99% of dev effort on this game for the loot box, pay-to-win system.
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    A couple of the things I'm really hoping we'll get soon are Private Match mode, and online support for Arcade so we can play online Co-op and Versus modes. The latter is especially important for the PC version because, with the lack of split-screen support (again), Co-op and Versus modes are completely absent from it (which just isn't right considering PC players have to pay the same price as console players).

What kills me is these features are available in the previous BF, and players love it. So why weren't they prioritized to be available in BFII at launch?

• RC2074 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    swbf2-seasons-calendar-fall-spring.jpg

Today, we’re giving you an updated view of the Roadmap for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. Kicking off with September, the Roadmap outlines planned content drops* for much of 2018. Also, we’re revealing what’s currently scoped for the winter season.

To learn more about what’s coming and has come in August, don’t miss our rundown of the Elite Corps Update.

September – The Improved Squad System Is Coming

September will mark the arrival of the new Squad System, bringing the ability for players to spawn on squad members, available first in Galactic Assault, Blast, and Strike modes. Aimed to encourage team play, the Squad System is an improved and streamlined way for players to stick together in Star Wars Battlefront II.

The 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps and 104th Wolfpack Battalion are also coming in September. The additional clone trooper Appearances are joining the ranks of the Galactic Republic.

The Squad System, supplementary Appearances, and more, will be detailed separately here on the official Star Wars Battlefront II website closer to the September drop date.

October – All About General Grievous

The first of the heroes announced at EA PLAY, General Grievous, is debuting in Star Wars Battlefront II this October. The droid army general will be joining his villainous peers on the dark side, certainly looking to add to his collection of Jedi lightsabers.

November – The Month of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Geonosis

Countering General Grievous, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is reinforcing the light side of the Force in November. Obi-Wan will be able to demonstrate his heroic abilities in our newest Galactic Assault map, Geonosis. Releasing in November, the new location is known as a major theatre of conflict during the Clone Wars. Traversing the Geonosian home world will be even more exciting with the addition of three new vehicles: the STAP, the BARC speeder, and the AT-TE.

Also in November, the 212th Attack Battalion clone soldiers are approaching – made available as trooper Appearances for the Galactic Republic. These soldiers notably aided Obi-Wan in his hunt for General Grievous.

Winter – Count Dooku, New Large-Scale Mode, Anakin Skywalker, and More

Count Dooku, Yoda’s old Padawan who turned to the dark side with a thirst for more power, is bringing his menace to Star Wars Battlefront II.

The Coruscant Guard – an elite division of clone troopers originally serving as peacekeepers on the Republic capital planet of Coruscant – will be available as trooper Appearances for the Galactic Republic, too.

And, we’re excited to be releasing a new mode in Star Wars Battlefront II, a non-linear Star Wars sandbox experience. In this mode two teams battle for capture points and to ultimately bring down capital ships.

If all that wasn’t enough, for the first time, Anakin Skywalker becoming playable as a hero for the light side. Famously under Anakin’s lead during the Clone Wars, and later known as “Vader’s Fist,” the 501st Legion clone trooper Appearances* also come into play during this period.

General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker will all get additional Appearances as well.

More content and features are still to be confirmed, but we wanted to give you this advance look into what’s coming up. Also note that things might move around, be added, or changed. That’s why we’ll come back in September with another look at the Roadmap, covering upcoming months in more detail. Efforts such as improvements on matchmaking, daily challenges, map rotation, bug fixing, and balancing are ongoing, too.

... Two things I wish for.

1) Bigger arcade maps

2) Geonosis for arcade

Please make that happen.

bots with skins too, and large scale mode
  • @F8RGE can you reveal yet will the new game mode ft. capture points be for arcade as well? My customership for this game depends on it.
  • Do we need Battlefront III with more broken promises and bugs?
    Episode 9 content can easily be added to this game.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Episode 9 content can easily be added to this game.

Easily?

It took 31 days for "EMPEROR PALPATINE" (existing content) to be returned to the game.

How many days for a slough of new content development, and testing? 310? 620?

Without generating new revenue, and profits, what would be their incentive?
  • Since everyone else is making wishlists for Santa Claus...

1. Galactic Conquest (Arcade) - as it was in the PS2 version of the game; all features, including "fleet battles": outcome determines whether or not a planetary battle ensues, at the planet in question.
  • Even after buying the clone skins, I got my credits over 1,300,000. Cool.

4chliqysuock.jpg
  • Do we need Battlefront III with more broken promises and bugs?

There is no need for a new version of a game, if EA/Dice keeps elevating the game they already have.
    From a technical standpoint the game is top notch.

Maintenance and bug fixing is the big issue here.
  • Even after buying the clone skins, I got my credits over 1,300,000. Cool.

4chliqysuock.jpg

Have you unlocked all content (appearances, heroes, etc.) with credits and crystals earned through gameplay?

The total cost is 1,685,000 credits (or more, if you missed the crate bundles, or unlocked H&V before the price dropped; or less, if you didn't use credits to unlock all or some H&V, or received appearances from the "ELITE TROOPER DELUXE EDITION", or from the "LEIA'S ENDOR APPEARANCE CHALLENGES").

If, however, you purchased crystals... shame on you!
  • alexDD55 wrote: »
    Do we need Battlefront III with more broken promises and bugs?

There is no need for a new version of a game, if EA/Dice keeps elevating the game they already have.
    From a technical standpoint the game is top notch.

Maintenance and bug fixing is the big issue here.

I think you might mean "the graphics, animations, sound and creative development are top notch."

Insufficient bandwidth, bugs, glitches, oversimplified mechanics, matchmaking; this is the game!

Try not to let the shine they've put on "used food" fool you. ;)
  • creativepup
    264 posts Member
    edited September 16
    Over 5500 hours into this game so the answer to your crystal claim is NO. I would never buy crystals for this effin game. I earned everything you see through gameplay. Personally, I think it's pretty awesome to have that many credits and all of the skins just by playing.

unkbf672bjte.jpg
    1l4jsq591tu2.jpg

Even after buying the clone skins, I got my credits over 1,300,000. Cool.

4chliqysuock.jpg

Have you unlocked all content (appearances, heroes, etc.) with credits and crystals earned through gameplay?

The total cost is 1,685,000 credits (or more, if you missed the crate bundles, or unlocked H&V before the price dropped; or less, if you didn't use credits to unlock all or some H&V, or received appearances from the "ELITE TROOPER DELUXE EDITION", or from the "LEIA'S ENDOR APPEARANCE CHALLENGES").

• Over 5500 hours into this game so the answer to your crystal claim is NO. I would never buy crystals for this effin game. I earned everything you see through gameplay. Personally, I think it's pretty awesome to have that many credits and all of the skins just by playing.

unkbf672bjte.jpg
    1l4jsq591tu2.jpg

4chliqysuock.jpg

I'm the one clicking "LIKE" on your posts.

Do us both a favor... improve your reading comprehension. My statement of disdain is conditional:
    IFF "purchased crystals" == false, then "shame" = false.

Do you honestly believe that other players unlocking content with purchased crystals, would refrain from bragging about all the credits they have?

The 1st screenshot you posted shows, next to your credits, a nice chunk of crystals... and an obscene number of crafting parts.

But, even if those were not so, I would remain suspicious.

I always remain suspicious... even of people I know.

btw- 5,500 hours of play? HvV afk exploit? jk ;)
  • Personally, I don't care for your opinion. You can whine and waste your life calculating the numbers. It's your life. I like what I have accomplished and I'm proud to post it. If you want to question it, go ahead. Like I said, it's your wasted time. I would much rather have fun. As for your reading comprehension, GO AHEAD AND WASTE YOUR TIME. LOL! Your whining just makes me laugh since you have wasted so much of your life figuring out something that has no bearing on your worthless existence.
    Over 5500 hours into this game so the answer to your crystal claim is NO. I would never buy crystals for this effin game. I earned everything you see through gameplay. Personally, I think it's pretty awesome to have that many credits and all of the skins just by playing.

unkbf672bjte.jpg
    1l4jsq591tu2.jpg

4chliqysuock.jpg

Do us both a favor... improve your reading comprehension. My statement of disdain is conditional:

Do you honestly believe that other players unlocking content with purchased crystals, would refrain from bragging about all the credits they have?

The 1st screenshot you posted shows, next to your credits, a nice chunk of crystals... and an obscene number of crafting parts.

• LycanthropeBlanc
    118 posts Member
    edited September 17
    Hmm... 5500h of play means 229 entire days.
    SWBII was released on Nov 17th 2017, we are on Sept 17th 2018, so 304 days later. Which means you’ve played 75% of each days : 18h a day, during all this time, which leaves you 6h per day to eat, sleep, go to the shop, poop, work, have beer with mates.
    If you haven’t played, let’s say 30 days in the year (holidays, travel, family, hard work, week-end or just break), that means you have played 20h per day...
    Where is the error in the datas ? Maybe you were an AFK player, maybe you are just a cyborg.
    So great, have a clap for your Million credits.
  • bfloo
    12452 posts Member
    SWBII was released on Nov 17th 2017, we are on Sept 17th 2018, so 304 days later. Which means you’ve played 75% of each days : 18h a day, during all this time, which leaves you 6h per day to eat, sleep, go to the shop, poop, work, have beer with mates.
    If you haven’t played, let’s say 30 days in the year (holidays, travel, family, hard work, week-end or just break), that means you have played 20h per day...
    Where is the error in the datas ? Maybe you were an AFK player, maybe you are just a cyborg.

You can do wonderful things with rubber bands in this game ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• EA/DICE you either do not know your customers or you do not care. But so far I get the impression you guys do not really give frak. Sad because Battlefront2 could have potential, but instead you blew it away. Wish you would care or will improve.. but I do not have high hope.
  • Did i not hear some somewhere that we were getting droidikas? Yet i do not see them on the road map?
  • If you believe what is published, BF3 was scheduled to released, but EA and Disney are not happy with the current product from Dice and pulled the plug on there plans for BF3( at least temporarily). Until a new DEV is found or Dice finally does something that impresses the The franchise owner(disney) and software owner (EA), i am afraid the BF franchise is Nerfed. One could only hope is picked up by Bethesda or UBI.

• Clone Wars is the last of the content which is why they are dragging out 2017-made content towards the end of Fall 2019. The reason for them dragging this old content to Fall 2019? Jedi Fallen Order which is scheduled to be released then. Notice there's no other Star Wars game scheduled between now and then and it's clear that there will be no Battlefront III to go with EP9.

If you believe what is published, BF3 was scheduled to released, but EA and Disney are not happy with the current product from Dice and pulled the plug on there plans for BF3( at least temporarily). Until a new DEV is found or Dice finally does something that impresses the The franchise owner(disney) and software owner (EA), i am afraid the BF franchise is Nerfed. One could only hope is picked up by Bethesda or UBI.
  • M0rn1n6St4r
    120 posts Member
    edited September 19
    Personally, I don't care for your opinion. You can whine and waste your life calculating the numbers. It's your life. I like what I have accomplished and I'm proud to post it. If you want to question it, go ahead. Like I said, it's your wasted time. I would much rather have fun. As for your reading comprehension, GO AHEAD AND WASTE YOUR TIME. LOL! Your whining just makes me laugh since you have wasted so much of your life figuring out something that has no bearing on your worthless existence.

unkbf672bjte.jpg
    1l4jsq591tu2.jpg

4chliqysuock.jpg

I'm not whining. I'm trying to complement you. Are you dense?

Check the "LIKE" on your posts now... they're gone.

And, since you cannot comprehend my statements and questions... I presume it is due to your concealment of guilt.

You bought crystals, used exploits, and claim achievement where you actually have none.

Happy now?
  • Hmm... 5500h of play means 229 entire days.

Cheers! I instinctively knew 5,500h was suspicious, because I know that 8,760h = 365 days.

But, I didn't bother to do the math on his proof.

I believe he has the PC version of the game; no need for rubber bands.

Scrub-a-dub dub!

He calls himself creativepup for his imaginary relationship with the truth... just like a puppy! lol
  • M0rn1n6St4r
    120 posts Member
    edited September 19

I think we should give creativepup the benefit of the doubt...

Perhaps... he only plays 6 hours/day... on 3 machines, simultaneously... with his 3 eyes... 6 hands... and, one very long "Pinocchio" nose! lol
  • Over 5500 hours into this game so the answer to your crystal claim is NO. I would never buy crystals for this effin game. I earned everything you see through gameplay. Personally, I think it's pretty awesome to have that many credits and all of the skins just by playing.

unkbf672bjte.jpg
    1l4jsq591tu2.jpg

4chliqysuock.jpg

I have about the same amount of crystals as he does.
    All through gameplay.
    There are many crystals to be had in the milestones.
  • It’s not about the crystal. I also have the same amount because of the milestones (over 91% completion). It’s about hours he played (average daytime played : 18h). It looks pretty strange if he is not an AFK player.
  • Anonymous_Tom
    135 posts Member
    edited September 24
    And still no weapons.

[Removed Vulgar Language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    #ShutDICEdown
  • You mean the weapons they promised? The promised a fun game too. Oops.
    And still no weapons.

[Removed Vulgar Language]