criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do Dice expect people to buy BFV after the awful support Battlefront 2 has had?

avmav
508 posts Member
What you think? Has the support for this game turned you off Dice games? Since release Ive had soooo many laggy games in Battlefront 2, and the last two days I can't even get in a game at all! Have lost all interest in Battlefield V

Replies

• Devlin21
    8224 posts Member
    Playing the beta. But waiting for sale on the game.

Like $10
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• avmav
    508 posts Member
    It's frustrating as I honestly experience little to no lag in any other popular MP game, yet Battlefront 2, I'd say I get laggy lobbies maybe 1 in 3, to a point where my player freezes, hope it can be fixed as is my fav game
  • I had no interest in getting Battlefield V to begin with, but not for bugs. I played Battlefield One, and at the end of the day, I just realised I couldn’t enjoy it because it was too serious, there were too many clans and snipers all but infested the mode I enjoyed, Operations. I loved the setting because I’ve always been fascinated by World War One, but for those reasons all the fun was sucked out of it for me.

Maybe I’ll get Battlefield V at Christmas or something, but ultimately, I know I won’t enjoy it as much for much the same reasons as Battlefield One was ruined for me.

Anything to do with the bugs or support for this game? Nope. Not fussed.
  • Is DICE LA doing BFV or the Sweden studio? Cuz remember the Sweden studio also brought us the BF4 disaster
  • avmav
    508 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I'm buying it.

Good luck, was curious if this experience had tarnished Dice games for people...
  • they delayed bfV until nov 20, probably to avoid the fate of titanfall 2.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I'm buying it.

• AuraStorm wrote: »
    Is DICE LA doing BFV or the Sweden studio? Cuz remember the Sweden studio also brought us the BF4 disaster

It's DICE Sweden, same as always. LA (formerly Danger Close, who did the MOH games) only does DLC AFAIK

Speaking of the infamous Brokenfield 4 fiasco, looks like they're delaying launch specifically to avoid a similar eventuality.

beta still starts on the 4th of next month, though.

• Batman20
    1232 posts Member
    Dice put more effort into the battlefield games so I expect them to actually provide regular content unlike this game. Plus it's ww2 which I have always been interested in so will be awesome because of its setting and the cool maps and improved tanks and airplanes from battlefield 1. So I'm defo getting it
  • BfV is where Dice's heart is. Regardless of if you like it or not is it has the resources /Pride. That said it's a Live Service offering so that is a big wait and and see. Conspiracy time ;-) the new BF17 big mode got put back as they still had not go far enough along on BF V?
  • EOP
    60 posts Member
    I'm not buying anymore games from EA. Their anti-consumer practices have gone on for too long. This game could've been so much more! At this point it just seems to me that they're waiting for this game to die off, because the effort they have been putting in has been so lackluster. It's feels like only two people are working on this game.
  • I don't see much reason to buy BFV.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• avmav
    508 posts Member
    EOP wrote: »
    I'm not buying anymore games from EA. Their anti-consumer practices have gone on for too long. This game could've been so much more! At this point it just seems to me that they're waiting for this game to die off, because the effort they have been putting in has been so lackluster. It's feels like only two people are working on this game.

That many? An optimist then?
  • Alex64
    5304 posts Member
    That game is not going to be finished at the release date, more content soon.
    This song is dedicated to you...
  • t3hBar0n
    4652 posts Member
    avmav wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I'm buying it.

Good luck, was curious if this experience had tarnished Dice games for people...

If we are gonna base future game purchases on whether the studio in question has a good track record, than no one here should have purchased this game, because DICE, EA, and LucasArts all have a history of delivering multiple terrible products with a few good ones thrown in.
  • I dont really know much about these games, but I think Battlefield is the overall bigger game series and I think they will do better. I dont think that EA/DICE are evil or anything. EA are behind some of my favorite games of all time (Dragon Age, Mass Effect) and I think after Battlefront II they will learn from things and be better.

What Ive seen so far of Battlefield V looks good. If I was an experienced person when it came to MP shooters I would probably preorder. As theyre not usually my thing, Im waiting for the beta, and playing it, and then waiting to find out what I think. Theres no guarantee Ill enjoy a shooting game (99% of the time, I strongly dislike them), but the customization options and other things look really interesting and fun, and Im looking forward to trying them out :) I really think that they will do better than Battlefront II.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Alex64
    5304 posts Member
    Battlefield V is delayed 1 month, i wonder if next season will be also delayed.
  • nope not wasting anymore money on them
  • I would never give DICE or EA my money again after this train wreck of a "live service". I'm not buying any game this winter though, either Clone Wars season will keep me interested or I may be retiring from gaming all together.
  • IronSoldier
    2690 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to off topic
  • Playing the beta. But waiting for sale on the game.

Like $10

same here, not gonna pay full price, they need to earn my money
    jtbmvg2i0gjk.jpg
  • bfloo
    12989 posts Member
    Battlefield 1 already played like a WW2 game, so I'm not really that interested.

I expect the live service to be a lot better, just like the Battlefield 1 dlc was a lot better than the battlefront 2015 season pass was.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• JediPacoElFlaco
    477 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm a Battlefield lifelong fan but i won't buy Battlefield V.
    EA/DICE swindled me with Battlefront 2 and the free DLCs. Never more!
    I prefer know by i pay it.

Sincerely i don't understand EA, if they have abandoned this game, when the launched content is ridicolous, even badly done like the last skins.
    Why a new squad system? Why a next new game mode?

When since the beginning we have the same weapons, the same maps, the same classes and the same skins.

The solution is so easy as to do happy to the people. If they feel happy, they will buy my next games.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Assassino37
    1100 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    No, it hasn't turned me off. Dice is constrained by the Star Wars license first and foremost, and there is a ton of political [removed] they have to contend with when it comes to content, marketing and timing. In turn, WE as consumers get the very worst of all of it. Dice has control over Battlefield and based on everything with Battlefield 1 I know I'll have a great time playing Battlefield V. It's understood as not for kids specifically and they don't have an actual list of DO's and DON'TS like Disney has for Dice and EA that if they ever dare cross they will have hell to pay.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I'm not educated enough to buy this game. Maybe when there's a discount on the game I'll be educated enough.

I'll cancel my pre-order after I play the beta.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • What the heck, the preloaded beta is making my PS4 fan like an aircraft thruster.
  • Battlefront 2’s main problem is post launch content which is because of poor sales (due to the progression war at launch). So as long as Battlefield 5 doesn’t have the same progression it will be fine.... not really.

There are plenty of people (like you?) that just see the failure of Battlefront 2 and won’t buy BFV because they fear a repeat.

Then because people don’t buy it there will be a repeat.

Battlefront 2 progresion domino effect put DICE in a really bad spot.