criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

New battlepoint hero reduction is encouraging "hero waiting".

I hate this new system because so many more people are hero waiting. I will be using a hero trying to push objectives with only a few people following me then i'll check the leaderboard and half the team are dead waiting for heros... and it get's worse when they finally get the hero they will sit in the back and pretty much throw the game. I just played 9 rounds of GA lost 8 won 1 came top of my team every round, i personally put it down to the fact that alot more players are hero waiting with this new update. i don't understand why people were complaining about the old battlepoint gain without the 2x, It took longer but if you were a good player you could get the hero everytime and the gameplay was way better than it is now. Is it just me?

Replies

  • Versatti
    2026 posts Member
    But obviously if you’d have won 8 you probably wouldn’t be here complaining right?

    Give it time to bed in, let people chase the heroes, eventually winning will be more important to them and that’ll fix things.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    It's always encouraged camping. No different now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Versatti wrote: »
    But obviously if you’d have won 8 you probably wouldn’t be here complaining right?

    Give it time to bed in, let people chase the heroes, eventually winning will be more important to them and that’ll fix things.

    I played way more yesterday and winning alot more but i could still see it was an issue. But i hope you're right.
  • There is no wait when you get it first every round
  • datdarnpig wrote: »
    i don't understand why people were complaining about the old battlepoint gain without the 2x, It took longer but if you were a good player you could get the hero everytime and the gameplay was way better than it is now. Is it just me?
    Too many games resulted in the attacking team losing at the first phase before anyone on the attacking team could afford a hero. The system is better now IMO. Team balancing is another issue though.
  • datdarnpig wrote: »
    I hate this new system because so many more people are hero waiting. I will be using a hero trying to push objectives with only a few people following me then i'll check the leaderboard and half the team are dead waiting for heros... and it get's worse when they finally get the hero they will sit in the back and pretty much throw the game. I just played 9 rounds of GA lost 8 won 1 came top of my team every round, i personally put it down to the fact that alot more players are hero waiting with this new update. i don't understand why people were complaining about the old battlepoint gain without the 2x, It took longer but if you were a good player you could get the hero everytime and the gameplay was way better than it is now. Is it just me?

    You understand that is how much people want to play as a hero is GA. So you have to balance that with the point you do make about them camping with heroes. Fix is to restrict game playing with hero's to the forward position if the map. Or something like that. I'm not saying lowering the BP cost was the best idea, but they did something to change what a majority of players are trying to play for. Most people want to play GA as a trooper for half to 3/4 of the matches and the rest as a hero or other class. Hero waiting is a problem, a fix is a que list if you have the BP. When the hero dies, you are present with the option to play as him but there is a timer to respond.... similar to SWBF2 from 2005.
  • There is no wait when you get it first every round

    lol, If I want a Hero 1st I pick Officer or Heavy BP builds and almost always get one but remember when the game was young I would wait for a Hero to pop up because that was the most fun part of the game. Now playing the same Hero's are boring, hardly play in general and when I do its usually to mess around with different stuff I don't really care about getting Hero's 1st anymore. That will change when the new Hero's are released again though.
  • Taking bets: How long until they implement forced respawn as the class you died with?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • There are a couple solutions.

    1. Force spawn.

    2. start loosing battlepoints for not using them or gaining. So waiting in the menu you loose start to loose battlepoints.

    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    But obviously if you’d have won 8 you probably wouldn’t be here complaining right?

    Give it time to bed in, let people chase the heroes, eventually winning will be more important to them and that’ll fix things.

    no point in winning.
  • DN21
    52 posts Member
    My suggestion was the choices in the wait screen would lock after a period of time, say 20-30 seconds. That would fix the problem of waiting because you couldn’t get anything else no matter how long you waited. Nothing to say the players wouldn’t kill themselves off without helping in 30 seconds though. You could then add some nominal BP minimum before unlocking the wait screen again (say 300-400 points).
  • I haven't noticed that. Actually yesterday, twice, I died as a hero and was able to immediately call in another hero. During phase four of all times.


    We seem to have opposing experiences.


    What now? Rock, paper, scissors?
  • datdarnpig wrote: »
    I hate this new system because so many more people are hero waiting. I will be using a hero trying to push objectives with only a few people following me then i'll check the leaderboard and half the team are dead waiting for heros... and it get's worse when they finally get the hero they will sit in the back and pretty much throw the game. I just played 9 rounds of GA lost 8 won 1 came top of my team every round, i personally put it down to the fact that alot more players are hero waiting with this new update. i don't understand why people were complaining about the old battlepoint gain without the 2x, It took longer but if you were a good player you could get the hero everytime and the gameplay was way better than it is now. Is it just me?

    As an FYI there was not much complaining about the hero BP thing without the 2x multiplier. It was mentioned once or twice. I was surprised to hear DICE was going to lower the BP amount.

    Myself and alot of other people here saw no problem with it...
  • 10 second choose ur character and respawn timer.. None of this sitting around for a hero that you'll loose in 30 seconds. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Lonos
    62 posts Member
    10 second choose ur character and respawn timer.. None of this sitting around for a hero that you'll loose in 30 seconds. lol

    so when i choose to swap cards on specialist or assault and change guns too i get timed out and go in without a card? sounds awesome!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!