criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reylo in EP. 9?

As pretty much all the Star Wars fanbase knows, there are good amount of people how support the idea of "Reylo" (Rey and Kylo Ren, a couple) and there is also a good amount of the fanbase that are against it. So a simple question are you for or against Reylo happening in EP.9? And what do you think would be the best outcome for EP. 9?
b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
I used to be Bobs_Fett366, but I got a username change.
#rey #Kyloren #TheLastJedi #TheForceAwakens

Replies

• Nevah... Nevah evah will I allow this to happen.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • IronSoldier
    3094 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to off topic
  • If rey turns to the dark side fine.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • p8h4kmxm1s5o.gif

Not only do I not see it happening, I do not want to see it happen.

idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • I hope so, big missed opportunity if it doesn't happen
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • I'm just hoping for more shirtless kylo scenes. the memes were awesome.
  • I just hope Warwick Davis is a bit more... dressed in the new movie.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I just hope Warwick Davis is a bit more... dressed in the new movie.

@BeastlyCrawdad
    LOL
    Defbored wrote: »
    I'm just hoping for more shirtless kylo scenes. the memes were awesome.

@Defbored
    i know its weird but me 2
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
  • I honestly don't have much interest in whether it does show up or not. The main draw I have for Ep. 9 is to see how they try to tie everything together after the mess left by TLJ.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I’m against it and I don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I’m very excited for Ep. IX - The Last Jedi was a fantastic film that set the stage for some really interesting storytelling. And I really liked the few leaked behind-the-scenes shots. Grassy planet? Lothal? Time jump?

But no Reylo...
  • I am personally against Reylo.
  • As pretty much all the Star Wars fanbase knows, there are good amount of people how support the idea of "Reylo" (Rey and Kylo Ren, a couple) and there is also a good amount of the fanbase that are against it. So a simple question are you for or against Reylo happening in EP.9? And what do you think would be the best outcome for EP. 9?

Why are you even here!?!, how about they commit to a suicide pack to balance the force. Best way to wrap up this garbage trilogy.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    As pretty much all the Star Wars fanbase knows, there are good amount of people how support the idea of "Reylo" (Rey and Kylo Ren, a couple) and there is also a good amount of the fanbase that are against it. So a simple question are you for or against Reylo happening in EP.9? And what do you think would be the best outcome for EP. 9?

Why are you even here!?!, how about they commit to a suicide pack to balance the force. Best way to wrap up this garbage trilogy.

@GrayOne
    Ok wow... thats alot of hate for the trilogy u have got there.
    I’m against it and I don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I’m very excited for Ep. IX - The Last Jedi was a fantastic film that set the stage for some really interesting storytelling. And I really liked the few leaked behind-the-scenes shots. Grassy planet? Lothal? Time jump?

But no Reylo...

@Prof_Moriarty
    Wow finally someone who actually likes the last jedi other than me... :hushed: XD Amd the plot leaks for EP 9 make me all the more excited
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
  • @Boba_Fett366
    Yeah, I hate what they did to Luke's character, that is not the Luke who was willing to sacrifice himself to save his father from the dark side. Not to mention how he gets snuffed out #LUKESLIFEMATTERS. And the horrible writing in Last Jedi, for reals. It a slow speed star ship chase for the plot, wow RJ really knocked it out of the park on that one. Let's just go ahead and destroy the Skywalker narrative. I bet you prefer the prequal trilogy over the original trilogy too.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1231 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    GrayOne wrote: »
    @Boba_Fett366
    Yeah, I hate what they did to Luke's character, that is not the Luke who was willing to sacrifice himself to save his father from the dark side. Not to mention how he gets snuffed out #LUKESLIFEMATTERS. And the horrible writing in Last Jedi, for reals. It a slow speed star ship chase for the plot, wow RJ really knocked it out of the park on that one. Let's just go ahead and destroy the Skywalker narrative. I bet you prefer the prequal trilogy over the original trilogy too.

I hate the prequel trilogy and think it’s absolutely horrible (including RotS) but still completely disagree with this. Do you remember how young Skywalker, just before he threw his lightsaber on the floor, nearly massacred his dad for mentioning Luke’s sister? Do you remember how Luke dropped his training and left for Bespin to save his friends, despite Yoda’s warnings? There’s always been a dark side to Luke and a sense of impatience and irrationality in the face of danger and threats to his near ones. Loved how that side was also there now, and how he nearly went there again with Ben Solo. And when Luke passes in TLJ he’s probably older than Obi-Wan was when he died on the Death Star. They were both done with their physical form to better help and guide the last jedi - back then it was Luke, now it is Rey. Mark Hamill is in the ep. IX cast. Luke’s character and his death was perfect, imo.

I can see how some thought the chase was a bit boring, but I really liked it. A sense of ”hunt for the Bismarck” over it that I thought was really cool. One of the best Star Wars movies, right behind ESB and ANH, on par with RotJ.

It’ll be interesting to see where they take ep. IX. The rebuilding of the Resistance will likely be ongoing when the film starts - is that what Chewie, Finn and Poe are up to here perhaps?
    IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Hopefully no Reylo though...
    Post edited by Prof_Moriarty on
    @Boba_Fett366

I hate the prequel trilogy and think it’s absolutely horrible (including RotS) but still completely disagree with this. Do you remember how young Skywalker, just before he threw his lightsaber on the floor, nearly massacred his dad for mentioning Luke’s sister? Do you remember how Luke dropped his training and left for Bespin to save his friends, despite Yoda’s warnings? There’s always been a dark side to Luke and a sense of impatience and irrationality in the face of danger and threats to his near ones. Loved how that side was also there now, and how he nearly went there again with Ben Solo. And when Luke passes in TLJ he’s probably older than Obi-Wan was when he died on the Death Star. They were both done with their physical form to better help and guide the last jedi - back then it was Luke, now it is Rey. Mark Hamill is in the ep. IX cast. Luke’s character and his death was perfect, imo.

I can see how some thought the chase was a bit boring, but I really liked it. A sense of ”hunt for the Bismarck” over it that I thought was really cool. One of the best Star Wars movies, right behind ESB and ANH, on par with RotJ.

It’ll be interesting to see where they take ep. IX. The rebuilding of the Resistance will likely be ongoing when the film starts - is that what Chewie, Finn and Poe are up to here perhaps?
    IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

I absolutely love TLJ itself, but also despise it because of what it did to the fanbase.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

I absolutely love TLJ itself, but also despise it because of what it did to the fanbase.

I honestly don’t think it has done much harm. It was divisive, sure, but every SW movie has been divisive. There’re always those who claim that the franchise has been destroyed and their childhood ripped to pieces and all that. I felt some of it myself when TPM arrived in 1999, although I never tried to, idk, rebel against it by creating petitions and hate videos and whatever the heck these people are up to today. I let it go. Most sane people will now aswell and SW will still have a very healthy fanbase.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

I honestly don’t think it has done much harm. It was divisive, sure, but every SW movie has been divisive. There’re always those who claim that the franchise has been destroyed and their childhood ripped to pieces and all that. I felt some of it myself when TPM arrived in 1999, although I never tried to, idk, rebel against it by creating petitions and hate videos and whatever the heck these people are up to today. I let it go. Most sane people will now aswell and SW will still have a very healthy fanbase.
    Yeah, I see what you’re saying. But I feel so much trouble could have been avoided if they made some changes to the film. I don’t think they should have brought in a director who wanted to make a movie that would tick off half the fanbase.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Yeah, I see what you’re saying. But I feel so much trouble could have been avoided if they made some changes to the film. I don’t think they should have brought in a director who wanted to make a movie that would tick off half the fanbase.

Well, I wouldn’t say half the fanbase since the Star Wars fanbase is so extremely large and most people likely realize that you don’t have to like everything. Besides, it’s easy to see it in black when looking at all these ”why TLJ is an objectively bad movie” or ”petition to redo episode VIII” nonsense that circles the internet, but it’s obviously not that bad. Both the theatre- and dvd/bluray/stream versions were smash hits and it was critically acclaimed. And while divisive, as most Star Wars films are, it’s nothing to get worked up about.

3a5b6d63749fb1d52e8db8fd85f6d5c0865b4eddd7ad7f0fe67ad48fdd45b0cc.png
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Howdy folks!

Just a quick reminder that we aren't here to talk about things like suicide or suicide pacts, jesting or not. Let's please keep it in-line with the topic and that is the uh... interesting ship that is Reylo.

giphy.gif

Thanks!
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Howdy folks!

Just a quick reminder that we aren't here to talk about things like suicide or suicide pacts, jesting or not. Let's please keep it in-line with the topic and that is the uh... interesting ship that is Reylo.

giphy.gif

Thanks!

:D
    But on a more serious note, I agree.
    Still don't want to see Kylo and Rey end up together.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Darth_REYdr3
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    GrayOne wrote: »
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

@Prof_Moriarty

Ok i SERIOUSLY havent seen that spoiler pic before. Thanks so much for the share! Really cool.

For the record I really like the new trilogy, yeah i agree some things were a little screwed (a times) but all in all they make for a really interesting watch. And i think the fanbase should ease up a little. Give Abrams and Johnson a little credit, they are doing a pretty good for something so large and loved.
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Well, I wouldn’t say half the fanbase since the Star Wars fanbase is so extremely large and most people likely realize that you don’t have to like everything. Besides, it’s easy to see it in black when looking at all these ”why TLJ is an objectively bad movie” or ”petition to redo episode VIII” nonsense that circles the internet, but it’s obviously not that bad. Both the theatre- and dvd/bluray/stream versions were smash hits and it was critically acclaimed. And while divisive, as most Star Wars films are, it’s nothing to get worked up about.

Well actually, what I meant by what I said was that Rian literally wanted to make a movie that would tick off half the fanbase.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Well actually, what I meant by what I said was that Rian literally wanted to make a movie that would tick off half the fanbase.

Oh geez, that old clip from 2003 again... Well, if you wanna get caught up in that, your call obviously. Here’s a more recent statement:

”I just wanted to make a great Star Wars movie. The thing is I wanted to make a great movie also. That means creating drama with these characters, and that’s going to mean throwing tough stuff at them and taking it to new places.”
  • As far a Reylo goes, I am undecided...

Pros: I think if it happens it could be a cool plot twist, and might be entertaining. Plus if it happens there is a large chance that either Rey turns bad or Kylo turns good, or they might both turn grey. which would be cool. Since they both show signs of practice and being called to by both the dark side and the light.

Cons: The fanbase might react violently to something so "different". Its a con for Rey because Kylo seems a bit abusive (U know killing his dad and all). And the movie might focus on a romantic drama a bit to much. Its Star Wars, its meant to have a bit of romance, but too much...ugh...
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Oh geez, that old clip from 2003 again... Well, if you wanna get caught up in that, your call obviously. Here’s a more recent statement:

”I just wanted to make a great Star Wars movie. The thing is I wanted to make a great movie also. That means creating drama with these characters, and that’s going to mean throwing tough stuff at them and taking it to new places.”
    Well from what I’ve seen, Rian doesn’t think twice about the criticism he gets or the fans that were upset by TLJ.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

Well from what I’ve seen, Rian doesn’t think twice about the criticism he gets or the fans that were upset by TLJ.

No, he does think twice. About how to act arrogantly towards fans. Everything I read about him makes me feel like he is less of a brilliant director and more of a arrogant, little boy. He acts childishly towards anyone that questions him. I wish he would speak with more maturity. I liked TLJ, but I do not like him.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

What is he supposed to say, other than ”I’m really sorry you didn’t like it”, which he did?

7j42baazll611.jpg

I’m sure he has thought about it, he has recieved death threats so I’m sure he has thought about it. But in the end though there’s not much to say. It’s really up to the people who didn’t like it to just accept that and get over it. Star Wars Episode VIII is called The Last Jedi and that’ll never change no matter what anyone says now.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

No, he does think twice. About how to act arrogantly towards fans. Everything I read about him makes me feel like he is less of a brilliant director and more of a arrogant, little boy. He acts childishly towards anyone that questions him. I wish he would speak with more maturity. I liked TLJ, but I do not like him.

What is this arrogance people are talking about? I haven’t followed it too closely so I might’ve missed it, but surely it’s in-your-face arrogant as so many talks about it? And ”childishly”? Examples?

The only thing I saw for myself was the response to that absurd, pathetic and utterly laughable cabal of lunatics that wanted to redo the movie LOL. That response was spot on.
    @Boba_Fett366

IX_10.jpg?mrf-size=l

What is this arrogance people are talking about? I haven’t followed it too closely so I might’ve missed it, but surely it’s in-your-face arrogant as so many talks about it? And ”childishly”? Examples?

The only thing I saw for myself was the response to that absurd, pathetic and utterly laughable cabal of lunatics that wanted to redo the movie LOL. That response was spot on.

Yeah, that was a completely understandable reaction to those guys. I thought they were crazy too. But there are times when he will laugh at people or just act very rudely. I know he is justified, because he has received more hatred than most (Except for Rose, the Anakin actors, and Jar Jar). But I can't really back up my claims, because the tweets where he was rude, are from like several months back. I just wish he would handle some of his haters more maturely and that he would try a little harder. I love what he did in TLJ, mind you, but he hasn't been handling his haters very well, and it makes him seem arrogant.
    Sometimes I get a bit arrogant though, when people start to annoy me. So I shouldn't judge him.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • No Reylo please! :(
  • @lerodemmy
    Let's ask this guy
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • KotasMilitia
    374 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yay! Another thread for people to argue about episode 8..... -_-
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Folks let's please get back on-topic. If we continue the Rian Johnson discussion we'll be further derailing from this topic... which is about a... um... Reylo ship... Anyways, let's please keep on-topic or I will have to lock the thread.
  • You know does Reylo have competition? Because I my self try to enjoy different kinds of Pokemon videos on YouTube and always end up seeing a shipping war in the comments, mostly between Pokeshipping and Amourshipping. RIP why is shipping so violent
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif