criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why is no one mad at Rey

Defbored
700 posts Member
edited August 30
Palpatine is op. Yoda+Finn is op. Iden is op. Blahblahahwhine.

Why is no one mad at Rey. I only call Rey in when I want to go on a mega kill streak. Not only can she see through walls, but is also removed from the map at the same time and insight has a short recharge time. Let's not forget that you are now exposed to the entire team.

Where are all the Rey complaints?
Post edited by Defbored on

Replies

  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because she is fine, she has been nerfed in just about every patch too.

    ^^
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Defbored wrote: »
    Palpatine is op. Yoda+Finn is op. Iden is op. Blahblahahwhine.

    Why is no one mad at Rey. I only call Rey in when I want to go on a mega kill streak.

    Where are all the Rey complaints?

    What about her? She s been nerfed 3 times already what more do you want; her abilities taken away? The characters you mention are op though.
  • I don't want more. I like rey. Like I said, I go hamf, yes hamf, with her.


    It's just weird how the msg board will rally against some heros that are a ton of fun to use but not others.

    Everyone is mad at freeze abilities but not a single person is mad at her insight ability. Not only does it allow her to have the jump on anyone "close" to her but it allows the entire team to have a jump on you.
  • I'm not asking for a nerf or a buff. I'm confused on why some heros are hated so much but not others.


    My guess is that rey is a crutch to more people than other other heros. So these people don't complain because what would they have without rey. But that's just my guess.
  • True but she can't be nerfed any further. I stopped using her once they buffed luke but, yes when i do want a consistent streak I go for rey. 40 plus kills any time I use her
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I don't want more. I like rey. Like I said, I go hamf, yes hamf, with her.


    It's just weird how the msg board will rally against some heros that are a ton of fun to use but not others.

    Everyone is mad at freeze abilities but not a single person is mad at her insight ability. Not only does it allow her to have the jump on anyone "close" to her but it allows the entire team to have a jump on you.

    AND it has a very short recharge time. People talk about freeze abilities being crutch perks...
    Rey would not be the beast she is if her insight had a much longer recharge. But let's all be mad at Kylo and his freeze ability which has a longer recharge than Rey's insight.
  • True but she can't be nerfed any further. I stopped using her once they buffed luke but, yes when i do want a consistent streak I go for rey. 40 plus kills any time I use her

    So you admit that when you use her you do consistanly well. But if we were talking about iden or palpatine, the board complains their op.


    We need more rey hate here. You guys seem to hate everything but her. Is it because she is pretty? Through some makeup on palpatine and everyone will shut up.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I don't want more. I like rey. Like I said, I go hamf, yes hamf, with her.


    It's just weird how the msg board will rally against some heros that are a ton of fun to use but not others.

    Everyone is mad at freeze abilities but not a single person is mad at her insight ability. Not only does it allow her to have the jump on anyone "close" to her but it allows the entire team to have a jump on you.

    AND it has a very short recharge time. People talk about freeze abilities being crutch perks...
    Rey would not be the beast she is if her insight had a much longer recharge. But let's all be mad at Kylo and his freeze ability which has a longer recharge than Rey's insight.

    I think kylo abilities need a shorter recharge time if not freeze then pull. Rey is fine where she's at. Maybe increase the time of that ability but she's fine.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    True but she can't be nerfed any further. I stopped using her once they buffed luke but, yes when i do want a consistent streak I go for rey. 40 plus kills any time I use her

    So you admit that when you use her you do consistanly well. But if we were talking about iden or palpatine, the board complains their op.


    We need more rey hate here. You guys seem to hate everything but her. Is it because she is pretty? Through some makeup on palpatine and everyone will shut up.
    There’s just not much else to balance about her. I am not a fan at all of the sequel trilogy or Rey, I think they suck big time, but her in-game character is just this way and people are used to it now. Or it’s probably because the dark side is so much better that she somewhat balances out.
    3 things make her better than other heroes: fastest swing speed, highest light side saber damage(2nd overall only to Vader), and insight wallhacks.
    If they put a real nerf down on palpatine the Rey haters will start shining through I’m sure.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • I'm well aware that everyone thinks she is fine because no one complains about her. But she is total monster. I never have bad games with her. I fear no hero as her because I can see them and they can't see me. Why is does no one say that is op?

    So if iden stuns me because I run into the big red circle on my map she is op. But if rey sneaks up on me because she is removed from the map and can see through walls she is "fine".

    Ok?
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I'm well aware that everyone thinks she is fine because no one complains about her. But she is total monster. I never have bad games with her. I fear no hero as her because I can see them and they can't see me. Why is does no one say that is op?

    So if iden stuns me because I run into the big red circle on my map she is op. But if rey sneaks up on me because she is removed from the map and can see through walls she is "fine".

    Ok?

    Rey is probably the most balanced hero in the game. She's got a good defensive ability (mind trick i'd argue is the best for defence against a squadron of angry stormtroopers or a more powerful, buffed hero), and a great team support ability (insight). Furthermore, she can definitely be killed. One force chock from Vader is enough to kill Rey followed with a lightsaber throw and people shooting.

    On the other hand, it's very hard to kill Palpatine because he can just roll/dash away from most danger and sneaks up on you when you're too busy fighting other units, then all Palpatine does is shock you from a distance you can't even retaliate back from. That's mainly why he's OP.

    Like I said, if you could stun Palpatine after a strike for even a second it would make Palpatine much more fair, but so far he's faster, smarter, just a scarier hero than any other for his evasiveness and range.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I'm well aware that everyone thinks she is fine because no one complains about her. But she is total monster. I never have bad games with her. I fear no hero as her because I can see them and they can't see me. Why is does no one say that is op?

    So if iden stuns me because I run into the big red circle on my map she is op. But if rey sneaks up on me because she is removed from the map and can see through walls she is "fine".

    Ok?

    Iden's stun isn't op in GA, it is in HvV. Rey isn't that hard to hear.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • t3hBar0n
    4122 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Because her main power (wallhacks for her team) does not boost her elim count on the scoreboard... nor do those who are being killed due to her wallhack know that she is responsible... her power is insidious, thus the nerf herd rages by her while focusing on whatever they think is killing them the most lol. Rey has been the best rebel hero in GA since launch for getting wins... and she remains in that position.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Because her main power (wallhacks for her team) does not boost her elim count on the scoreboard... nor do those who are being killed due to her wallhack know that she is responsible... her power is insidious, thus the nerf herd rages by her while focusing on whatever they think is killing them the most lol. Rey has been the best rebel hero in GA since launch for getting wins... and she remains in that position.
    You are a genius.
    I wonder if the rage would come if the person effected by insight was outlined in blue on their screen.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because she is fine, she has been nerfed in just about every patch too.

    We don't want Rey nerfed anymore. She isn't as affective as she used to be. Now she is more balanced.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I'm well aware that everyone thinks she is fine because no one complains about her. But she is total monster.

    Ok?

    No on complains about her because she's pretty balanced now. Sure she's good, but not as good as Vader and dare I say even Maul. She has a slight edge on Kylo if you can block his frenzy. If not, Kylo is also better than her. Not in GA but IN HvV.

    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

    PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • t3hBar0n
    4122 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Defbored wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Because her main power (wallhacks for her team) does not boost her elim count on the scoreboard... nor do those who are being killed due to her wallhack know that she is responsible... her power is insidious, thus the nerf herd rages by her while focusing on whatever they think is killing them the most lol. Rey has been the best rebel hero in GA since launch for getting wins... and she remains in that position.
    You are a genius.
    I wonder if the rage would come if the person effected by insight was outlined in blue on their screen.

    If every time someone was killed while under the influence of insight wallhacks they received a notice of such (or if Rey got elims for insight assists), there would be limitless threads raging about it... but since the herd is unaware of her true influence, they blissfully rage on about Lea's aimed shot or Palpatines chain lightning... because that is what they see killing them.
  • I agree 100% with all of your points, OP. She’s been the most broken thing in GA since launch.
  • So i assume you think vader is balanced @Defbored
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • I agree 100% with all of your points, OP. She’s been the most broken thing in GA since launch.

    She's not broken. Perfectly balanced as all things should be
  • So i assume you think vader is balanced @Defbored
    I don't use Vader often so I have no valuable opinion on him.
  • Rey needs a buff if anything

    :love:
  • Rey needs a buff if anything

    :love:

    Nah
  • Defbored wrote: »
    True but she can't be nerfed any further. I stopped using her once they buffed luke but, yes when i do want a consistent streak I go for rey. 40 plus kills any time I use her

    So you admit that when you use her you do consistanly well. But if we were talking about iden or palpatine, the board complains their op.


    We need more rey hate here. You guys seem to hate everything but her. Is it because she is pretty? Through some makeup on palpatine and everyone will shut up.

    lol too funny, I hope someone makes that into a picture.

    You definitely have a point on Rey and her wall hacks, it is odd that nobody brings it up, but yet the rainbow troopers are the end of the world.

    She is my favorite and first to 40. She is sexy as Vader's armor is shiny. I haven't played her in a while though, been trying to level others. She is the biggest pain to fight against, the entire team knows where you are. As you said, you fear no other hero either, you can see everything that is going on and sneak up on them. That said l still don't think they should change anything on her. For one we don't know what is in mind for conquest mode and how any heroes abilities are going to play into that. I also think the ability itself is just OP, no matter how much you want to swing it. They should have given an equal ability to someone else on the dark side. I could see Iden sending her droid in to spy on the entire team and take her off radar. That would give it balance... :open_mouth:
  • all im gonna say is her damage output is pretty bonkers.
  • Defbored
    700 posts Member
    edited August 31
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Because her main power (wallhacks for her team) does not boost her elim count on the scoreboard... nor do those who are being killed due to her wallhack know that she is responsible... her power is insidious, thus the nerf herd rages by her while focusing on whatever they think is killing them the most lol. Rey has been the best rebel hero in GA since launch for getting wins... and she remains in that position.
    You are a genius.
    I wonder if the rage would come if the person effected by insight was outlined in blue on their screen.

    If every time someone was killed while under the influence of insight wallhacks they received a notice of such (or if Rey got elims for insight assists), there would be limitless threads raging about it... but since the herd is unaware of her true influence, they blissfully rage on about Lea's aimed shot or Palpatines chain lightning... because that is what they see killing them.

    this is such a great point. I made this post to be a smart[removed] more than anything but because of your insight (ha-ha) it actually all makes sense.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • People complain when Rey was way to OP. After defeating heroes and troopers from skilled players. After 3 buffs and nerfs the complaining lower down to normal complaints.
    She was also my first hero to finish at 40.
    I believe that Rey is perfect. But don't her mad.

    tumblr_p1ir95Ou991wsoxwto2_500.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Jumbofish
    5 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Defbored wrote: »
    I don't want more. I like rey. Like I said, I go hamf, yes hamf, with her.


    It's just weird how the msg board will rally against some heros that are a ton of fun to use but not others.

    Everyone is mad at freeze abilities but not a single person is mad at her insight ability. Not only does it allow her to have the jump on anyone "close" to her but it allows the entire team to have a jump on you.

    I think it's because her play style requires some discipline.. Like, playing as her you can't just go ham on a good Vader player. You still have to play smart since your only real moves are mind trick and charge. (Unless you wanna talk about stacking cards to do damage against people influenced by mind trick, with an increased AoE, and longer duration..) I think the ones people, including myself in some cases, complain about are due to the fact that almost no skill is really required to just control the battlefield. But, yeah, people [removed] wayyyyy too much also lol
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • t3hBar0n
    4122 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Rey has been my #1 girl since launch... she is so unstoppable in GA. If you want to win matches as the rebels... she is it.

  • avmav
    483 posts Member
    Only problem I have is with emperor, as infantry...against a hero, I can try and dodge a saber hero...at least for a short while, against a blaster hero...I can take cover, against the Emperor can't do anything, he just kills you dead from a long distance, can't block or dodge his lightning
  • DrX2345
    2832 posts Member
    Ok, being jumped by her in GA when you didn't see her on the map and she can see you through walls is annoying, but I wouldn't say it's OP necessarily. Maybe make the recharge time on Inssight a few seconds longer. Can't say anything about HvV though because I don't play it.
    Also, as we're talking about Heroes and Infantry I'd like to mention the Stinger Pistol - it's very effective against heroes. If you can flank around them or even if they're just charging at you, if you get just a few shots on target (4-5, which isn't that difficult as it fires fairly quickly) then you can start dealing some decent permanent damage. Yesterday in one game of GA alone I killed like three heroes from fairly high health, just made sure they hadn't seen me then spammed it at them. You get 5 hits, that's dealing like 25 or so damage a second for 10 seconds - pretty sure that's enough to deal at least some permanent damage to all or almost all heroes apart from Bossk. And it disables Bossk's regeneration as long as it's active, so if you just chase him round a bit and hit him whenever you can without him seeing you (it's quite easy as the damage indicator shows all around the reticle) then you can eventually whittle him down and at least get the Assist.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • What's truly alarming to begin with is how the lightside ST characters are both extremely, EXTREMELY powerful options in any given GA match, with Finn being very dangerous in hero modes as well. Yet in the movies, Finn is little more than a glorified Assault.

    Rey's effectively already eliminated everything that was established about force sensitives in the movies and series so far; And now having this Battle Meditation-esque (Considering it's not just her, but the whole team who can see through walls) ability in the game is just stupid. It's too powerful in GA. Nobody should have it.

    Either that, or buff Boba's For The Hunt cards to grant a similar effect, rather than this 50% nonsense.

    TLDR:

    It literally doesn't matter how much they "nerf" or "balance" Rey. A cheap crutch ability will remain just that. The best way to support your team with Rey is to stay hidden behind cover close to the action, and blow Insight constantly. No reason to risk yourself.

    Palpatine or Iden grants no such advantage to their team even remotely. Finn and Yoda's Big Deal/Presence combo are powerful supplements, but Insight is really just... Well.. "Insight" after all. More health and damage reduction won't matter if you suck. Knowing exactly where and when someone will try to breach and thus being ready to counter it will always triumph if it comes down to it. Finn does have Undercover Team as well, but that's essentially just Scramble Infiltration anyway.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • That is why you don't listen to the propaganda of the most vocal and judge by yourself. Let's be honest, if people were truly concerned in a sincere way threads to buff Phasma would be flooding here yet you only see suggestion to nerf heroes that deserve buffs in fact, and buff for popular characters like Luke.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    What's truly alarming to begin with is how the lightside ST characters are both extremely, EXTREMELY powerful options in any given GA match, with Finn being very dangerous in hero modes as well. Yet in the movies, Finn is little more than a glorified Assault.

    Rey's effectively already eliminated everything that was established about force sensitives in the movies and series so far; And now having this Battle Meditation-esque (Considering it's not just her, but the whole team who can see through walls) ability in the game is just ****. It's too powerful in GA. Nobody should have it.

    Either that, or buff Boba's For The Hunt cards to grant a similar effect, rather than this 50% nonsense.

    TLDR:

    It literally doesn't matter how much they "nerf" or "balance" Rey. A cheap crutch ability will remain just that. The best way to support your team with Rey is to stay hidden behind cover close to the action, and blow Insight constantly. No reason to risk yourself.

    Palpatine or Iden grants no such advantage to their team even remotely. Finn and Yoda's Big Deal/Presence combo are powerful supplements, but Insight is really just... Well.. "Insight" after all. More health and damage reduction won't matter if you suck. Knowing exactly where and when someone will try to breach and thus being ready to counter it will always triumph if it comes down to it. Finn does have Undercover Team as well, but that's essentially just Scramble Infiltration anyway.

    I like how your TLDR is equally as long as the what you were shortening.
  • Jumbofish wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I don't want more. I like rey. Like I said, I go hamf, yes hamf, with her.


    It's just weird how the msg board will rally against some heros that are a ton of fun to use but not others.

    Everyone is mad at freeze abilities but not a single person is mad at her insight ability. Not only does it allow her to have the jump on anyone "close" to her but it allows the entire team to have a jump on you.

    I think it's because her play style requires some discipline.. Like, playing as her you can't just go ham on a good Vader player. You still have to play smart since your only real moves are mind trick and charge. (Unless you wanna talk about stacking cards to do damage against people influenced by mind trick, with an increased AoE, and longer duration..) I think the ones people, including myself in some cases, complain about are due to the fact that almost no skill is really required to just control the battlefield. But, yeah, people B**** wayyyyy too much also lol

    I can agree with everything in this post. Especially that last sentence...
  • JMaster
    1894 posts Member
    In my opinion, Rey is an excellent standard that all Lightside and Darkside heroes should abide to. Problem is, most characters are far bellow her in damage output and healing abilities, so... yeah.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Raices
    477 posts Member
    Rey's insight is a cheap ability for GA, is the only thing i would tweak about her.
  • She’s fine the way she is at the moment
  • t3hBar0n
    4122 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    What's truly alarming to begin with is how the lightside ST characters are both extremely, EXTREMELY powerful options in any given GA match, with Finn being very dangerous in hero modes as well. Yet in the movies, Finn is little more than a glorified Assault.

    Rey's effectively already eliminated everything that was established about force sensitives in the movies and series so far; And now having this Battle Meditation-esque (Considering it's not just her, but the whole team who can see through walls) ability in the game is just ****. It's too powerful in GA. Nobody should have it.

    Either that, or buff Boba's For The Hunt cards to grant a similar effect, rather than this 50% nonsense.

    TLDR:

    It literally doesn't matter how much they "nerf" or "balance" Rey. A cheap crutch ability will remain just that. The best way to support your team with Rey is to stay hidden behind cover close to the action, and blow Insight constantly. No reason to risk yourself.

    Palpatine or Iden grants no such advantage to their team even remotely. Finn and Yoda's Big Deal/Presence combo are powerful supplements, but Insight is really just... Well.. "Insight" after all. More health and damage reduction won't matter if you suck. Knowing exactly where and when someone will try to breach and thus being ready to counter it will always triumph if it comes down to it. Finn does have Undercover Team as well, but that's essentially just Scramble Infiltration anyway.

    I disagree with this part. While you can help your team by doing this, that is not the best use of her. Given her insight advantage you should be assassinating enemy villains as they push and also breaking up enemy infantry charges and supporting your team. In the video I posted above you can see that I was actively escorting the rocket shooters and at one point ran down the middle of the road to distract the MTT while killing targets of opportunity... I also finished the match having assasinated 2 mauls, a Iden, and a Palpatine while completely stopping any attempted push into the 2nd phase objectives.

    So, while a passive Rey giving wallhacks is OK... a Rey who is providing wallhacks AND actively controlling the flow of the battle by countering the villain players is nearly unbeatable.
  • Raices
    477 posts Member
    edited August 31
    What about removing the stealth from Rey's insight? Would that be a massive nerf for her?
  • t3hBar0n
    4122 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    What about removing the stealth from Rey's insight? Would that be a massive nerf for her?

    Yes it would.

    I don't see them messing with Rey further.
  • Raices wrote: »
    What about removing the stealth from Rey's insight? Would that be a massive nerf for her?

    Just make it easy, that will make her nervous
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • I know when mever I play HvV or GA Rey is the one of those heroes that I have to hardest time defeating. Even when switching classes and tactics to take her down.
  • Great points about the impact of insight being ignored by the opponent. I hadn't thought about it before, I wonder how many times an enemy trooper has been in exactly the right place to kill me because insight has revealed my position.

    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Also, as we're talking about Heroes and Infantry I'd like to mention the Stinger Pistol - it's very effective against heroes. If you can flank around them or even if they're just charging at you, if you get just a few shots on target (4-5, which isn't that difficult as it fires fairly quickly) then you can start dealing some decent permanent damage. Yesterday in one game of GA alone I killed like three heroes from fairly high health, just made sure they hadn't seen me then spammed it at them. You get 5 hits, that's dealing like 25 or so damage a second for 10 seconds - pretty sure that's enough to deal at least some permanent damage to all or almost all heroes apart from Bossk. And it disables Bossk's regeneration as long as it's active, so if you just chase him round a bit and hit him whenever you can without him seeing you (it's quite easy as the damage indicator shows all around the reticle) then you can eventually whittle him down and at least get the Assist.

    The stinger pistol is deadly to heroes, and very underrated. I think the problem is you have to experience getting stung to death with a hero yourself before you realise its potential, but since not many use it few people find out how lethal it is. I remember playing Maul on Kashyyk one time and being baffled at my health going down... and down... and down.... until I was hiding behind cover, panicking, wondering when it was going to stop. I survived with a small amount of health but died shortly after. I realised it could only be the stinger pistol that did it, and tested it out myself straight after. Haven't looked back since, it's such a useful weapon and it feels good knowing you will always have a chance against a hero.
  • Rey used to be the best in HvV. Now she’s VERY mediocre. No need to nerf further.
  • She’s been the most broken thing in GA since launch.

    Nah, it's the Yoda and / or Finn buffs imo. That's only 2nd...
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Nobody complains when anyone can be Rey, no skill is required, the few times I have played her, it is always a cake walk. People complain about the others becasue they are not good enough to be them at the same power as rey so they cry op. Iden and Vader require much skill to use, charge as Iden = die. Charge as Vader = die. Charge as rey and do crack head high jumps = succes. Simple as that.
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.