criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

BP change ruined GA

Seriously, players crying because they can't get a hero, when the whole hero token system was eliminated from BF2015, and changed to the BP system, to reward good gameplay and prevent token camping. I guess we're back to square one:

I played for a while, switched up lobbies every map, and almost every match had 2 heros and a stack of reinforcements early in the first phase. This ruins the gameplay flow. Oh,

Every very team running 10-12, and one match had 16 Officers. It's just boring.

Lastly, the end result of all of this is players camping in the respawn menu...in the first phase. Lame.

Replies

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I haven't noticed a change except more enforcer usage.

Same. Dem Wookiees blow me to high heaven every time I walk around a corner now.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • The two things I've noticed
    1st phase enforcers are at capacity very early in the game
    People Hero camping the respawn menu

I saw it every match except one, and that was 8 map and 8 different lobbies.

Why the change was made to begin with is beyond me. I feel (yes, an opinion) this will be the meta and get out of hand pretty quick.

I saw it every match except one, and that was 8 map and 8 different lobbies.

Why the change was made to begin with is beyond me. I feel (yes, an opinion) this will be the meta and get out of hand pretty quick.

I am saying nothing has changed functionally for me. The same few good players still get early heroes which they usually keep the whole match, nearly every game is an absolute steamroll one way or the other, and really the only difference I have noticed is that there are more enforcers around, and I get to kill a few more inept heroes/villains in a match on the other team.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defbored wrote: »

The flaw in that is the skilled players will just get them earlier while less skilled players get one eventually...maybe. It also promotes respawn menu camping, what the BP system was supposed to eliminate.
  • Defbored wrote: »

The flaw in that is the skilled players will just get them earlier while less skilled players get one eventually...maybe. It also promotes respawn menu camping, what the BP system was supposed to eliminate.

The biggest issue with this is that something that didn't need to be changed at all was changed.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Very little difference. Same people get them first. They come a little earlier but also I’ve noticed heroes pushing objectives a lot more. Mid match, a bunch of new people are getting cracks at heroes now so that’s probably why there’s more objective hero gameplay now. A lot of the veteran hero fellas just hide and wait for turkey shoots. Don’t see a real problem at all. Get in the fight.
  • I'm not surprised at this, but really, I was seeing serious issues with GA back in Spring after the progression update. All the sudden you'd have guys with full Epic card heroes steam rolling the other team...it wasn't fun.
  • "Ga builds up to epic warfare with vehicles, heroes and enforcers faster now"

"REEEEEEEE!"
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Devs disagree
  • It was fine as it was, but it's also ok now. I don't really mind if they revert it to how it was or leave it tbh.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • It was fine as it was, but it's also ok now. I don't really mind if they revert it to how it was or leave it tbh.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • At least with the multiplier it took time, good gameplay and staying alive to activate, now its to easy and trivial
  • I kinda lije the new bp change, giving everyone a higher chance to get reinforcements including heroes. Imo they should just make a queuing system for heroes, once you have enough points. Thus preventing camping on the select screen
  • I honestly don't know what you are talking about, the changes are great. Now if i join a team that is being massacred i can get a hero early and at least make it past the first phase. Not only that, but now i also don't have to worry about keeping my hero alive for the entire match to give my team a chance to win cause i know i'll be able to pick another one after a few minutes and that they are being put to use. If you can't get a hero then i'm sorry, cause they are available for most part of the time now. They die fast, really fast if you are not careful or get some bad luck, lowering their costs was the right thing to do.

This also gives the other classes a better chance at getting a hero before the officer cause if they mess up you don't have to play relentlessly till you get 6000 points.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Alex64
    6759 posts Member
    Who think this was a good idea specifically on maps with broken phases(Kamino last phase, Crait second phase, etc)
    E sono una imbranata
  • Nerf wookies- problem solved
  • Forsaken wrote: »
    Nerf wookies- problem solved

DICE will never nerf their fetish.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • tommytom64
    1079 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This is a problem with the Officer class, not the BP change alone. I feel like if the BP earned is reduced for Officers, or at least increased significantly for the other classes, as well as the reinforcement classes (Enforcers and Aerials), it will be better.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    This game loves to hate me. Whereas I would prefer a trooper only large mode, they've now made it with all the heroes and all the enforcers.

@tankertoad, I am trying to find out what kind of ideas people will support.
    I am still hoping that they bring in a trooper only large mode. Would you be willing to support one that also allows the troopers to use vehicles? What about reinforcements though, would you be willing to have them in a large-scale mode? Kind of like the mode in the last game, that only allowed troopers and vehicles on the map. I think it was called Turning Point.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
    This game loves to hate me. Whereas I would prefer a trooper only large mode, they've now made it with all the heroes and all the enforcers.

I am still hoping that they bring in a trooper only large mode. Would you be willing to support one that also allows the troopers to use vehicles? What about reinforcements though, would you be willing to have them in a large-scale mode? Kind of like the mode in the last game, that only allowed troopers and vehicles on the map. I think it was called Turning Point.

Take command post from the new mode and put onoy troopers in it. No reinforcements or tanks or speeders Imo.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Take command post from the new mode and put onoy troopers in it. No reinforcements or tanks or speeders Imo.

Sounds good to me.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I'd be ok with vehicles - trooper only, no reinforcements.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • If they fix the spawn camping in the hero selection screen, it would go a long way to helping.
    Having players sit out just waiting ruins it for the team...

• Yeah it’s a terrible decision. For all the reasons above. Wookiee are now immediate. Hero’s seem like they’re handed out and not earned. Lots more ending on phase one. BF2015 has it more correct in the heroes. They’ll never take it back so the game will remain a mess.
  • I’m seeing more matches end in the first phase as well.
    #StarWars-y
  • If anything games have been a little better balanced in my personal experience and some of these so called scrubs aren’t bad as hero players. Most of the people I know that are crying are the guys that mistakenly thought they were better than average.
  • If anything games have been a little better balanced in my personal experience and some of these so called scrubs aren’t bad as hero players. Most of the people I know that are crying are the guys that mistakenly thought they were better than average.

those complaining are those who thought this would balance the hero attainment equation in their favor, ie middle tier players. In reality, the opposite occurred. I am all for the changes, makes my life easier. Sub 1 min heroes FTW
  • I dont think the BP change is the problem, I think the officer is the problem, he isnt balanced when it comes to BP gain and they dont seem to care
  • BP change is a big problem, one of many, but all are very solvable.. if ea want to
  • Hardly any change, these threads are taking up valuable time on other topics. GA matches still play out the same way they did before the update.

those complaining are those who thought this would balance the hero attainment equation in their favor, ie middle tier players. In reality, the opposite occurred. I am all for the changes, makes my life easier. Sub 1 min heroes FTW

PREACH IT FROM ON HIGH!
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    I dont think the BP change is the problem, I think the officer is the problem, he isnt balanced when it comes to BP gain and they dont seem to care

A resounding BINGO!!