criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is GA meant to be a heroes mode with troopers?

Prev1
I saw a thread where several people were insisting GA was meant to be a heroes mode with troopers. That this is the core of the mode, having 4-8 heroes running around going against 16 troopers. Thoughts?

Replies

• Yes precisely. Trooper only gameplay belongs in small modes like strike and blast. Frankly it's totally lame and more of a CoD rush fest than a squad oriented tactical shooter like bf4/bf5. Stale and boring. No engagement, teamwork is virtually dead, no revives, ammo crates, motion sensors, just selfish play in general. I don't see the glory in just trooper v trooper unless significant changes come to their kits and a realistic squad system is implemented.

Hero/reinforcement play is the mediator between that and is a great selling point to both the mode and the game.
  • Why they don't reduce the max number of heroes who can be at the same time in the battlefield... I think max 3 would be best. And with the reduced bp, it's worse, just a bigger HvV, troopers included.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Why they don't reduce the max number of heroes who can be at the same time in the battlefield... I think max 3 would be best. And with the reduced bp, it's worse, just a bigger HvV, troopers included.
    It can be kept to 2 and 4 in final phase, but increase player count. Maybe add some AI that have lowest difficulty and give 80% score.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Trooper only gameplay belongs in small modes like strike and blast.
    To clarify, there are more options beyond "Lots of heroes" and "No heroes at all". Very few people are actually talking about Trooper-only play.
  • and vehicles
  • Yes, it’s working as intended. They’re very happy with it
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Defbored
    854 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode with troopers added for ambience purposes.

Except for the last three Battlefronts which do not match the label of "basically Hero modes with troopers added for AMBIENCE purposes". Ridiculous statement for a Battlefront game.

same thing happened with advanced warfare launched. everyone lost their minds over the new movement system. i would expect a different game to be... different.
    Post edited by Defbored on
  • Defbored wrote: »
    The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode with troopers added for ambience purposes.

Except for the last three Battlefronts which do not match the label of "basically Hero modes with troopers added for AMBIENCE purposes". Ridiculous statement for a Battlefront game.

this isn't the last three battlefronts. go play those games if thats what your after.

same thing happened with advanced warfare launched. everyone lost their minds over the new movement system. i would expect a different game to be... different.

Now you mentioned in another thread how you "do not like being told to go play HvV" because you don't understand the point of this series. And here you are still telling other people to "go play something else" if we don't like that the game is turning into Star wars Overwatch. Don't be hypocritical now.

You're right. I edited my comment. Sorry. However, I do by the second part of my statement.
  • Good perspectives here, I like it.
  • Galactic assault is just a bad Moba game mode that you have to unlock the Heroes by playing as creeps first.

I honestly cant play it anymore. It is just so bad especially recently where you see heroes in the first phase of the game mode.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Galactic assault is just a bad Moba game mode that you have to unlock the Heroes by playing as creeps first.
    If they would just mitigate the BP generation of the Officer class, this would balance several things at once I believe. Anyway, I love the heroes but 8 on the field at once in certain final phases does seem a little excessive sometimes. I’m not sure why it would be a bad thing to turn hero availability off for a trooper only GA experience. Just add another tile in the Menus. The new large mode, Conquest, or whatever, I expect to have as many heroes available as GA. Perhaps more if the trooper count rises.
  • GA is basically Walker Assault from the 2015 game. It's large scale trooper warfare with heroes mixed in, but it's also very restrictive by nature. Unlike a conquest mode, the action is purposefully confined. That makes it easier for heroes to dominate.

The very first Battlefront game by Pandemic (back in 2003 or 2004) did not have heroes. It was large scale conquest, troopers only, with vehicles on the map. It was excellent. Battlefront 2 by Pandemic added heroes to the large scale conquest mode. I remember not liking it as much as playing Conquest without heroes. Granted troopers and vehicles can take down heroes, but there's plenty of times the heroes will wipe troopers up.

I'll wait until this new large scale mode comes to see how it works in this game.
  • SWymsa wrote: »

Wrong

The original battlefronts were infantry based games to set apart from the saturation of hero based star wars games at the time.
    Present time there are no hero star wars games out, so I get why they've focussed on hero's in these new battlefront games but that doesn't change the fact they've ruined the essence and purpose of what battlefront was.

How is he wrong? He stated "The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode...". This is 100% accurate.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    899 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    SWymsa wrote: »

Wrong

The original battlefronts were infantry based games to set apart from the saturation of hero based star wars games at the time.
    Present time there are no hero star wars games out, so I get why they've focussed on hero's in these new battlefront games but that doesn't change the fact they've ruined the essence and purpose of what battlefront was.

How is he wrong? He stated "The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode...". This is 100% accurate.

Not if you consider everyone is a pawn to the force that controls both the light and dark. Who also decides who dies and who lives.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • GA is basically Walker Assault from the 2015 game. It's large scale trooper warfare with heroes mixed in, but it's also very restrictive by nature. Unlike a conquest mode, the action is purposefully confined. That makes it easier for heroes to dominate.

The very first Battlefront game by Pandemic (back in 2003 or 2004) did not have heroes. It was large scale conquest, troopers only, with vehicles on the map. It was excellent. Battlefront 2 by Pandemic added heroes to the large scale conquest mode. I remember not liking it as much as playing Conquest without heroes. Granted troopers and vehicles can take down heroes, but there's plenty of times the heroes will wipe troopers up.

I'll wait until this new large scale mode comes to see how it works in this game.

Agree to some extent but in WA the uplinks were often in open locations. GA environments are much more confined when it comes to the objectives. I enjoy the open WA maps of Sullust, Hoth and GoG and it was/is not the HvV spam festival GA is.

Also waiting to see what the new mode is all about. If it is just a bigger version of GA HvV then my time spent with this game will continue to decrease.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I saw a thread where several people were insisting GA was meant to be a heroes mode with troopers. That this is the core of the mode, having 4-8 heroes running around going against 16 troopers. Thoughts?

Nah, it's more like a 12 trooper strike mode with 8 heroes running around.

Agree to some extent but in WA the uplinks were often in open locations. GA environments are much more confined when it comes to the objectives. I enjoy the open WA maps of Sullust, Hoth and GoG and it was/is not the HvV spam festival GA is.

Also waiting to see what the new mode is all about. If it is just a bigger version of GA HvV then my time spent with this game will continue to decrease.

And WA had only one hero per side at a time, no?
  • t3hBar0n
    4653 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Wrong

The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise isn't....THAT is what we are always talking about. Please get that....you keep forgetting.

You are engaging in a straw man fallacy by adding new information which you then state is "wrong". HIS post says VERBATIM

You cannot take this to mean that he is stating "The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise" as that is NOT what he said. You are adding new information out of thin air and changing his statement to something else and then stating he is "wrong"... but you are attempting to refute a statement YOU created, not him... thus you are engaging in straw man fallacy.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1087 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh

Wrong

The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise isn't....THAT is what we are always talking about. Please get that....you keep forgetting.

You are engaging in a straw man fallacy by adding new information which you then state is "wrong". HIS post says VERBATIM

You cannot take this to mean that he is stating "The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise" as that is NOT what he said. You are adding new information out of thin air and changing his statement to something else and then stating he is "wrong"... but you are attempting to refute a statement YOU created, not him... thus you are engaging in straw man fallacy.

Dude, you just love to hear yourself talk and argue this perspective all of the time...I've seen you declare "straw man" arguments constantly (congrats on knowing a few big words)....you just can't stay out of every single thread and you never change your mind.
  • Oh

Wrong

Dude, you just love to hear yourself talk and argue this perspective all of the time...I've seen you declare "straw man" arguments all the time....you just can't stay out of every single thread and you never change your mind.

Ya, it is one of the most common forms of logical fallacies largely due to contributions such as yours above lol.

So, he stated...

You then took his broad statement regarding the "Star Wars Franchise" and attempted to refute it by stating...

Wrong

Who cares... you are attempting to argue against something he never said. You cannot state he is "wrong" for stating what he did based upon a refutation of something he never said in the first place. So, go ahead and show me where he said "The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise" (which is what you are attempting to refute) and I will happily concede that you are correct and you have not engaged in a giant straw man...

• rollind24 wrote: »
    Oh

Wrong

Dude, you just love to hear yourself talk and argue this perspective all of the time...I've seen you declare "straw man" arguments all the time....you just can't stay out of every single thread and you never change your mind.

Ya, it is one of the most common forms of logical fallacies largely due to contributions such as yours above lol.

So, he stated...

You then took his broad statement regarding the "Star Wars Franchise" and attempted to refute it by stating...

Wrong

Who cares... you are attempting to argue against something he never said. You cannot state he is "wrong" for stating what he did based upon a refutation of something he never said in the first place. So, go ahead and show me where he said "The Star Wars BATTLEFRONT franchise" (which is what you are attempting to refute) and I will happily concede that you are correct and you have not engaged in a giant straw man...

And I don’t understand the point. “Star Wars movies care about the hero’s”, that’s great. As you say canon doesn’t matter in this game. Basing the game balance on movie canon doesn’t make for a good game.

Stating the SW franchise focus is on hero’s has no bearing on the historical draw of the battlefront franchise.

You are right, canon is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. My response was directed at the user accusing someone of being "wrong" for stating "The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode..." which is a completely accurate & reasonable statement.
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

And I don’t understand the point. “Star Wars movies care about the hero’s”, that’s great. As you say canon doesn’t matter in this game. Basing the game balance on movie canon doesn’t make for a good game.

Stating the SW franchise focus is on hero’s has no bearing on the historical draw of the battlefront franchise.

You are right, canon is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. My response was directed at the user accusing someone of being "wrong" for stating "The Star Wars franchise is basically Hero mode..." which is a completely accurate & reasonable statement.

Accurate but not relevant I agree
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

Dude...you even quoted my reply of saying the BATTLEFRONT franchise wasn't all about heros.....because...and wait for it, I know you're slow....HE USED THAT AS AN ARGUMENT for this specific game series being Hero centric. Get...over...yourself. You're not the Lawyer of the forums and if you were you would be a bad one. You just love to fuss...you do it consistently in many threads.
  • t3hBar0n
    4653 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

Dude...you even quoted my reply of saying the BATTLEFRONT franchise wasn't all about heros.....because...and wait for it, I know you're slow....HE USED THAT AS AN ARGUMENT for this specific game series being Hero centric. Get...over...yourself. You're not the Lawyer of the forums and if you were you would be a bad one. You just love to fuss...you do it consistently in many threads.

Point out for me where HE used that as an argument. He has a single post in this thread, and it states...

I am still waiting for you to quote his alleged post that contains the statement you claim to be arguing against lol.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

Point out for me where HE used that as an argument. He has a single post in this thread, and it states...

I am still waiting for you to quote his alleged post that contains the statement you claim to be arguing against lol.

It’s whats being inferred. This isn’t a contract, people can read between the lines of what it meant.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • LMFAO, delete this waste of a thread.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

It’s whats being inferred. This isn’t a contract, people can read between the lines of what it meant.

You cannot state someone is "wrong" by refuting something you think you can infer from reading between the lines of their factually accurate statement. Arguing against what you "think" someone means versus what they actually stated is a fools errand.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    LMFAO, delete this waste of a thread.

NEVER!
  • I don't even know what this thread is about
    But i can tell you i get Heros even earlier than before and start killing lol
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh

Wrong

So, he stated...

Wrong

You cannot state someone is "wrong" by refuting something you think you can infer from reading between the lines of their factually accurate statement. Arguing against what you "think" someone means versus what they actually stated is a fools errand.

Based on the context of the thread it isn’t a hard read unless they’re willing to admit what they said has no bearing on the subject and the statement is literally about Star Wars canon.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I think heroes should be on timer rather than BP. Last phases on GA are a nightmare with both teams spamming heroes. As a trooper it becomes survival simulator rather than epic battle.
  • The mode at Launch was preprogrammed to fail and it's only getting worse. Designed for one thing ONLY. Heat up release sales and allow up sales. ..never was a gameplay design
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    The way I see things (or at least, how things should be):

HvV - hero only mode, where people can level up and play as heroes whenever they like, and everyone relatively level in strength

Starfighter Assault - starfighter only mode, where people can level up and play as starfighters whenever they like, and everyone relatively level in strength

Blast/Strike - should be trooper only modes, where players can compete with everyone relatively level in strength (that isnt the case because of the existence of Enforcers, but thats that it should be, imo)

Galactic Assault - should be a game mode mostly focused around troopers, but combining heroes, vehicles and reinforcements into a single game mode, so long as they dont overpower the game. Vehicles and heroes are for their specialized modes, and shouldnt be as abundant or as influential in the like... hybrid game mode. Unfortunately, that isnt the case - heroes very much overpower GA, and many people just want HvV with some added cannon fodder. I feel, and have always felt, that GA needs a reduction in the heroes active at once, down to maybe two as a maximum per team, and various balance changes to keep the player rotation high. Balance in a game is achieved by having players as equal in strength as possible, so the outcome can be decided by skill. Heroes and reinforcements put balance at risk immediately, by having higher health and damage numbers by the majority of other players. They can exist in a game with things being mostly balanced, by having a low number of them in comparison with other troopers and placing other limitations on them to be sure a single player cant change the outcome of a game including 39 other people. I dont think that is the case atm, unfortunately, and GA is becoming more hero focused rather than less :/

As always, you bring up very good points, @LaurenXIV . I agree with you. Heroes do very much overpower GA. It's frustrating that what so often determines a match of GA is not the skilled play and tactics of the Troopers, but by how many Heroes are on the field spamming their abilities on small objectives against outclassed infantry. It is neither fun or balanced, and gets stale very quickly.

Thank you! :) I agree with you agreeing with me :) Its also kinda bad that the only heroes you see on the dark side are Bossk and Palpatine most of the time. Theres no variety there.

In my experience, its also a common method that people use to dismiss an argument without ever having to confront it ;)

Isnt it possible that the situation could have just been misread when they mentioned the Battlefront franchise? That they misunderstood the context of what had been said? I mean... I dont think there was a particular reason to have a large part of the conversation to be about the logical fallacy rather than the actual topic of the thread, but...
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • JackTHorn
    3256 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I dont think there was a particular reason to have a large part of the conversation be about the logical fallacy rather than the actual topic of the thread...
    Well said! Shall we get back to the topic?

I saw a thread where several people were insisting GA was meant to be a heroes mode with troopers. That this is the core of the mode, having a bunch of heroes running around going against not that many more troopers. Thoughts?