criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Maul does not need a block

Prev1
7 heroes killed within 5 minutes and this guy needs a block? Oh please

Replies

  • Well he doesn’t need a lightsaber to block...
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Hmm seems DICE knew this beforehand..... Interesting
  • Maul doesn’t need one he can block blaster bolts with his spin attack and can doge force powers with his doge.
  • Maul doesn’t need one he can block blaster bolts with his spin attack and can doge force powers with his doge.
    The dodge has to be extremely well-timed though.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Maul doesn’t need one he can block blaster bolts with his spin attack and can doge force powers with his doge.
    The dodge has to be extremely well-timed though.

    Not really just spam doge when you see Luke or yoda
  • I mean bad players are getting heros now. I've killed so many bad players as maul it's funny.
  • maul is so much fun to use.

  • Defbored wrote: »
    maul is so much fun to use.
    Yeah he is the most fun hero to use IMO
    I mean bad players are getting heros now. I've killed so many bad players as maul it's funny.

    That is true
  • DaveTrayus wrote: »
    I agree after extensive time using Maul, he is a powerhouse who needs no block if you use him correctly. Stick blaster resistance on and you can survive for a good length of time provided you are sensible.

    To add, as for a potential HOK card, I think that would be a mistake. Han, Boba and Kylo could do with it, Maul doesn't.

    Han can be pretty OP if you know how to use it but boba all he have is the rocket barrage so health card for him would be nice. Actually only heroes need health care to match villians on HVV. HVV is very unfair because of villians like Vader who’s health is over 1,000.
  • And he doesn't, and I can't remember the last time I saw a 'give Maul a block' thread.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Finally, someone admits it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Ha, even I got a 72 kill streak with Han against braindead players, that doesn't mean he's remotely balanced or Good in GA. Same case with maul here, slaughtering the oblivious or inane and citing that as evidence is just a joke. In an actually competitive lobby you would Have been destroyed. The saddest part here is a block would be less of a buff than an actual HP on heal card which @Guillaume_Dice is reportedly working on. I digress though, enjoy this small bonfire while it lasts. I look forward to the day maul, Han chewbacca, Phasma, etc finally become viable. Good luck to you all when that day comes.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Ha, even I got a 72 kill streak with Han against braindead players, that doesn't mean he's remotely balanced or Good in GA. Same case with maul here, slaughtering the oblivious or inane and citing that as evidence is just a joke. In an actually competitive lobby you would Have been destroyed. The saddest part here is a block would be less of a buff than an actual HP on heal card which @Guillaume_Dice is reportedly working on. I digress though, enjoy this small bonfire while it lasts. I look forward to the day maul, Han chewbacca, Phasma, etc finally become viable. Good luck to you all when that day comes.

    Erm I never get destroyed, even by the best players.
  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Ok, ok, it's on... I'll be looking for you!
  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Ok, ok, it's on... I'll be looking for you!

    Too bad your on PS4, I even took note of you GT.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Ok, ok, it's on... I'll be looking for you!

    Too bad your on PS4, I even took note of you GT.

    I would like to get a gaming computer but know nothing about them, wouldn't know where to start, which one to get, what equipment etc etc...
  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Ok, ok, it's on... I'll be looking for you!

    Too bad your on PS4, I even took note of you GT.
    Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Ok, ok, it's on... I'll be looking for you!

    Too bad your on PS4, I even took note of you GT.

    I would like to get a gaming computer but know nothing about them, wouldn't know where to start, which one to get, what equipment etc etc...



    I'm a XIM guy myself and I'm on PS4. Your enemy in that last part of Naboo is easier than Arcade .

    Usually in my match they will have yoda, fin and rey as well as whole bunch of 900hp WW. To the point my bossk mines can only get lots of hit markers and not a single kill. Good luck with maul in that situation.

    If both teams are on a same skill level LS will win easy in Naboo. The last part anyway.


  • It's not just for mechanics, people want a block on Maul for authenticity sakes. In case you haven't noticed, they've already teasted Qui Gonn Jinn AND Obi Wan. Now imagine if he came up against either of them and instead of getting a similar badass duel between either of them like we saw in Episode I, we get some **** saber combat system only slightly above the saber combat in the previous game which made the characters look like dolls smacking each other. Only made worse by the fact that Maul can't defend himself other than using dashes which are not unlimited.

    Try going back to the original duel between Obi, Qui and Maul except the only things that would be different is that Maul won't block any of their attacks and the attacks that do connect stagger the one hit by it and it has this dubbed over it:

    Wouldn't be too entertaining to watch would it?.So why is the game an exception?. For BALANCE you say?. Pffft, cry me a river. Those heroes you killed were clearly braindead. Not surprising with you playing on console, the skill ceilings are laughably low on consoles anyway. Did you forget how powerful Vader and Palpatine are and yet they still have HoK cards?.

    Every hero needs a health on kill card, no matter how good or bad they are, end of story. Dice needs to stop pandering to the casual noobs on this game and do some proper balance.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • It's not just for mechanics, people want a block on Maul for authenticity sakes. In case you haven't noticed, they've already teasted Qui Gonn Jinn AND Obi Wan. Now imagine if he came up against either of them and instead of getting a similar badass duel between either of them like we saw in Episode I, we get some **** saber combat system only slightly above the saber combat in the previous game which made the characters look like dolls smacking each other. Only made worse by the fact that Maul can't defend himself other than using dashes which are not unlimited.

    Try going back to the original duel between Obi, Qui and Maul except the only things that would be different is that Maul won't block any of their attacks and the attacks that do connect stagger the one hit by it and it has this dubbed over it:

    Wouldn't be too entertaining to watch would it?.So why is the game an exception?. For BALANCE you say?. Pffft, cry me a river. Those heroes you killed were clearly braindead. Not surprising with you playing on console, the skill ceilings are laughably low on consoles anyway. Did you forget how powerful Vader and Palpatine are and yet they still have HoK cards?.

    Every hero needs a health on kill card, no matter how good or bad they are, end of story. Dice needs to stop pandering to the casual noobs on this game and do some proper balance.

    Maul doesn't need a block just because he could block in the movies. Its done because he would be op with one.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Weren't you just complaining in another thread that people on pc cheat and that's why console is better? Now you're admitting to running with hardware cheaters. Excuse me while I LOLOLOLOL.

    How about you say something worthwhile to the thread instead of pettily transplanting some argument I had with you in another just so you can score some imaginary "points" in the corner. Using an XIM is not "Hardware cheating", and plenty of people use them, I myself do not... I can play on next to max sensitivity already. Next.
    It's not just for mechanics, people want a block on Maul for authenticity sakes. In case you haven't noticed, they've already teasted Qui Gonn ....... of them like we saw in Episode I, we get some **** saber combat system only slightly above the saber combat in the previous game which made the characters look like dolls smacking each other. Only made worse by the fact that Maul can't defend himself other than using dashes which are not unlimited.

    For BALANCE you say?. Pffft, cry me a river. Those heroes you killed were clearly braindead. Not surprising with you playing on console, the skill ceilings are laughably low on consoles anyway. Did you forget how powerful Vader and Palpatine are and yet they still have HoK cards?.

    Every hero needs a health on kill card, no matter how good or bad they are, end of story. Dice needs to stop pandering to the casual noobs on this game and do some proper balance.

    FINALLY, somebody else get's it. It the dumbest most embarrassing part of this entire debate is that a Heal on kill card would actually be the bigger buff of the two changes. I can pull up quotes from many peoples history supporting this idea, and at the same staunchly defending the broken concept of a melee saber Hero who can't even use his saber properly. Terrible choice by Dice and I hope they reverse course on it, it's like releasing Jango to the game with no Jet pack, or count Dooku being only a Force user like palpatine. It'd be inauthentic and probably a broken mess as well.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I know none of the heroes in the video put up a fight, but still, for him to survive in that environment, slaughtering troopers left right and centre, it shows he doesn't need a block.

    Even if he did have a block lightsaber fights would not look like the fight from Episode 1 due to the stupid stagger effect.
  • LockeCPM4
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    In a one on one duel between Maul and any light side Jedi hero, I win most of those fights. Someone would need a really high skill level to best me one on one.

    I think that is why people are asking for a block or some other remedy such as HoK.

    My personal experience with Mail is that he is awesome when supported by teammates but on his own he leaves something to be desired especially when facing other saber users.

    My thoughts are that it wouldn't hurt to test adding a block and/or a HoK card and of it makes him too OP then they can always remove it.
    Post edited by LockeCPM4 on
    xg2dfu234qjw.png

  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defbored wrote: »
    Snip

    What i meant was that the more "less gifted" players of the community (casuals) always start complaining if they think a hero is too strong even though they're meant to be, they're heroes after all. (People still complain about Palpatine even though he's obviously not OP anymore) Giving Maul a block would NOT make him unbalanced or "OP". It's like people think that giving him a block would mean that he would get a block equivalent to Vader's block where he can block for like 2 mins. No of course not, something like that for a character like Maul would be ridiculous. If they were to give him a block, they'd have to give him a block similar to Luke's or even a block that drains stamina slightly more than Luke's stamina drain on block. Again, there's authenticity reasons too. Every lightsaber hero in the game has a block, even Yoda. So why not Maul?, hell Yoda is harder to hit than Maul half the time. Especially on maps like Endor with all that foliage.

    I stand by what i said, every hero needs a health regain card though Bossk may be an exception for obvious reasons. Considering how much of a target they become. (Always marked on radar, highly visible in tight/linear areas of certain maps, lightsabers glowing, mostly when attacking, etc, etc)

    As crazy as it sounds, Maul NEEDS the health cards sometimes. You go play as Maul on Theed or Kamino, get to the late-game in the palace with tightly packed hallways, wookies and heroes blocking your advance combined with a good enemy team and see how far you get without that health card.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    Asking for Maul to block misunderstands the characterization of Maul in this game.

    He is a hit and run character that brings gameplay diversity to the villain roster.

    If you want to block then go Vader or Kylo Ren.
    Luke has the exact same play style of Hit and run, but with a block and a heal card. Your characterization is non-sense. You'll get much more mileage comparitively on Vader, Bossk, or the emperor, as well With better abilities, cards, dps, and longevity. It's not balanced. They're the better Heroes. Denying this is simply being disingenuous.
    Maul needs one or the either, preferably both.

    .
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Congratulations Hopefully you never run into one of my lobbies and decide to play maul then, because I promise you I'll bring you to 30% or less on the first flash bang. My buddy uses a XIM, you probably won't make it past him.

    Weren't you just complaining in another thread that people on pc cheat and that's why console is better? Now you're admitting to running with hardware cheaters. Excuse me while I LOLOLOLOL.

    How about you say something worthwhile to the thread instead of pettily transplanting some argument I had with you in another just so you can score some imaginary "points" in the corner. Using an XIM is not "Hardware cheating", and plenty of people use them, I myself do not... I can play on next to max sensitivity already. Next.
    It's not just for mechanics, people want a block on Maul for authenticity sakes. In case you haven't noticed, they've already teasted Qui Gonn ....... of them like we saw in Episode I, we get some **** saber combat system only slightly above the saber combat in the previous game which made the characters look like dolls smacking each other. Only made worse by the fact that Maul can't defend himself other than using dashes which are not unlimited.

    For BALANCE you say?. Pffft, cry me a river. Those heroes you killed were clearly braindead. Not surprising with you playing on console, the skill ceilings are laughably low on consoles anyway. Did you forget how powerful Vader and Palpatine are and yet they still have HoK cards?.

    Every hero needs a health on kill card, no matter how good or bad they are, end of story. Dice needs to stop pandering to the casual noobs on this game and do some proper balance.

    FINALLY, somebody else get's it. It the dumbest most embarrassing part of this entire debate is that a Heal on kill card would actually be the bigger buff of the two changes. I can pull up quotes from many peoples history supporting this idea, and at the same staunchly defending the broken concept of a melee saber Hero who can't even use his saber properly. Terrible choice by Dice and I hope they reverse course on it, it's like releasing Jango to the game with no Jet pack, or count Dooku being only a Force user like palpatine. It'd be inauthentic and probably a broken mess as well.

    Having a memory and expecting people to be consistent is not being petty. XIM is most definitely hardware cheating. Microsoft intentionally made it so that keyboard and mouse didn't work. They (Microsoft) already have the hardware drivers to make it work, because XBox is just a modified version of Windows. Your friend is a hardware cheater and you're a hardware cheater sympathizer.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4960 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Having a memory and expecting people to be consistent is not being petty. XIM is most definitely hardware cheating. Microsoft intentionally made it so that keyboard and mouse didn't work. They (Microsoft) already have the hardware drivers to make it work, because XBox is just a modified version of Windows. Your friend is a hardware cheater and you're a hardware cheater sympathizer.

    It is being petty, I assume because you didn't get in the last word before the thread was closed down you just decided to follow me here and start up the argument again. While relevant back in that thread concerning cheating its pointless in this one, other than to score some imaginary points or notoriety you think you may get for labeling me a what? "hardware cheater sympathizer"? Its inane, take legal action if you really got a problem. Is this about me commenting on your tricycle? If so then I offer my apologies. lets just end it here.
    Defbored wrote: »
    Snip

    What i meant was that the more "less gifted" players of the community (casuals) always start complaining if they think a hero is too strong even though they're meant to be, they're heroes after all. (People still complain about Palpatine even though he's obviously not OP anymore) Giving Maul a block would NOT make him unbalanced or "OP". It's like people think that giving him a block would mean that he would get a block equivalent to Vader's block where he can block for like 2 mins. No of course not, something like that for a character like Maul would be ridiculous. If they were to give him a block, they'd have to give him a block similar to Luke's or even a block that drains stamina slightly more than Luke's stamina drain on block. Again, there's authenticity reasons too. Every lightsaber hero in the game has a block, even Yoda. So why not Maul?, **** Yoda is harder to hit than Maul half the time. Especially on maps like Endor with all that foliage.

    I stand by what i said, every hero needs a health regain card though Bossk may be an exception for obvious reasons. Considering how much of a target they become. (Always marked on radar, highly visible in tight/linear areas of certain maps, lightsabers glowing, mostly when attacking, etc, etc)

    As crazy as it sounds, Maul NEEDS the health cards sometimes. You go play as Maul on Theed or Kamino, get to the late-game in the palace with tightly packed hallways, wookies and heroes blocking your advance combined with a good enemy team and see how far you get without that health card.

    My exact sentiments, but it gets old having to rehash this over, and over, and over again to no avail because you got 2-3 people per discussion just blankly stating it's balanced, poison pilling the thread, and offering no reason as to why, other than chanting "mobility", whatever that means. I'm definitely holding off on preordering any edition of BFIII, let alone the delux. Multiple copies for friends, crystals, etc, I got nothing outta this investment but headache. Never again.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Defbored
    974 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defbored wrote: »
    Snip

    What i meant was that the more "less gifted" players of the community (casuals) always start complaining if they think a hero is too strong even though they're meant to be, they're heroes after all. (People still complain about Palpatine even though he's obviously not OP anymore) Giving Maul a block would NOT make him unbalanced or "OP". It's like people think that giving him a block would mean that he would get a block equivalent to Vader's block where he can block for like 2 mins. No of course not, something like that for a character like Maul would be ridiculous. If they were to give him a block, they'd have to give him a block similar to Luke's or even a block that drains stamina slightly more than Luke's stamina drain on block. Again, there's authenticity reasons too. Every lightsaber hero in the game has a block, even Yoda. So why not Maul?, **** Yoda is harder to hit than Maul half the time. Especially on maps like Endor with all that foliage.

    I stand by what i said, every hero needs a health regain card though Bossk may be an exception for obvious reasons. Considering how much of a target they become. (Always marked on radar, highly visible in tight/linear areas of certain maps, lightsabers glowing, mostly when attacking, etc, etc)

    As crazy as it sounds, Maul NEEDS the health cards sometimes. You go play as Maul on Theed or Kamino, get to the late-game in the palace with tightly packed hallways, wookies and heroes blocking your advance combined with a good enemy team and see how far you get without that health card.

    If you think he needs a hok card then you need more practice. I'll call him in first phase on both of those maps and have him until the end.

    If you're playing against a skilled team a hok card won't matter much anyways.

    I feel like you have just given the best example of a "crutch card". You can only do good if that card exists?

    He doesn't need it.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4960 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defbored wrote: »

    If you think he needs a hok card then you need more practice. I'll call him in first phase on both of those maps and have him until the end.

    If you're playing against a skilled team a hok card won't matter much anyways.

    I feel like you have just given the best example of a "crutch card". You can only do good if that card exists?

    He doesn't need it.

    Ha even you tacitly admit you'd be destroyed by a competent team, even more so on maul. At this point were just arguing semantics here. A crutch card? Really? Then why does everyone, yourself included, run the exact same Hero build that most 90% of people do in GA? Can't do good without it? Does that mean your bad? See I can make bogus, nuanced points too.

    Forget just maul, every Hero should have some form of Health regen. If anything this whittling down, death by a thousand cuts is a massive noob crutch. Yay mommy look, after the 8th Vanguard run I finally got that pesky maul, yay! Its pathetic really, even more so seeing people constantly defending it, almost to the death. People wan't the Heroes to be weak? What? Oh, its ok if we just call them overpowered.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Snip

    What i meant was that the more "less gifted" players of the community (casuals) always start complaining if they think a hero is too strong even though they're meant to be, they're heroes after all. (People still complain about Palpatine even though he's obviously not OP anymore) Giving Maul a block would NOT make him unbalanced or "OP". It's like people think that giving him a block would mean that he would get a block equivalent to Vader's block where he can block for like 2 mins. No of course not, something like that for a character like Maul would be ridiculous. If they were to give him a block, they'd have to give him a block similar to Luke's or even a block that drains stamina slightly more than Luke's stamina drain on block. Again, there's authenticity reasons too. Every lightsaber hero in the game has a block, even Yoda. So why not Maul?, **** Yoda is harder to hit than Maul half the time. Especially on maps like Endor with all that foliage.

    I stand by what i said, every hero needs a health regain card though Bossk may be an exception for obvious reasons. Considering how much of a target they become. (Always marked on radar, highly visible in tight/linear areas of certain maps, lightsabers glowing, mostly when attacking, etc, etc)

    As crazy as it sounds, Maul NEEDS the health cards sometimes. You go play as Maul on Theed or Kamino, get to the late-game in the palace with tightly packed hallways, wookies and heroes blocking your advance combined with a good enemy team and see how far you get without that health card.

    If you think he needs a hok card then you need more practice. I'll call him in first phase on both of those maps and have him until the end.

    If you're playing against a skilled team a hok card won't matter much anyways.

    I feel like you have just given the best example of a "crutch card". You can only do good if that card exists?

    He doesn't need it.

    See, the fact that you say a HoK card "won't matter" against a good enemy team, tells me that you haven't played against THAT kind of a team yet. The kind where every player on their team knows what they're doing. Completely disagree with that statement.

    When you come up against those kinds of players, HoK cards are CRUCIAL, never mind they "wont matter". Making pushes against those players (as a hero should) IS going to cost you health if surrounded by their teamates unless you get lucky or they all miss their shots. You don't take them out one by one if they know what they're doing, they know that sticking together is a saber hero's biggest weakness and that they have the range advantage.

    I don't see you complaining about the HoK cards on heroes like Palpatine or Vader. Heroes that are clearly better than Maul. It's not a "crutch" card just because it allows you to regain your lost health back on KILLS dude. You hear me?, on KILLS. It's not like it regenerates on its own like oh um.... BOSSK'S HEALTH CAN? and how Palpatine doesn't even NEED to kill you to regain his health?, he only needs to hit you with his chain lightning. But of course you people don't complain about that, do you?. Because whatever Dice does you yes men will just go along with it all, won't you?. You don't have a clue about game balance.

    Again, i stand by what i say. Every hero needs a HoK card with the exception of Bossk because he can regenerate his health to full and has a range advantage. There's nothing that's going to change my mind about that without mentioning an alternative overhaul to the hero game mechanics, end of story.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4960 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    ^ @AmStraightBut50Is50 sorry, well thought out rational arguments just go over 90% of peoples heads here, to be quite Honest, I think most of them are just afraid of having to deal with an enemy Hero that they can't just whittle down throughout the match and one-shot later with a vanguard. Totally irrational too considering most will just go with the already balanced Heroes like Bossk, Vader, Palp, and the Lightside equivalents.

    I wan't more Hero variety in GA, its always the same faces because everyone else is just so obsolete. The BP reduction kinda Helped, but it's a duck tape fix rather than a long term solution.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • at this point im wanting Maul to get a block and health card just so you people can come right back and complain about how OP he is after they do so but its ok im a god at this game so I can handle it cant say the same about the people that are so bad at using maul they actually think he needs a block and health card lmao.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Kwamster9000
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @AmStraightBut50Is50
    I’m happy that someone besides me and @AbyssWatch3r understands
    I’ve been advocating for Mauls block for a long ***** time
  • Maul does need a block
  • Maul does not need a block

    Fixed. :)
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Here’s the proper fix. Remove all HoK cards for heroes from the game. Don’t give them to all, remove them. Hero play in GA isn’t supposed to last the entire match.

    I don’t care if Maul gets a block, but if he does, they’ll have to adjust the speed of his attacks and a few other variables to accommodate his gameplay redesign. As it is, he doesn’t need a block.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4960 posts Member
    edited September 2018

    I reject your interpretation. Any conversarion of skill with a cheater is irrelevant and that was my point. You already know how I feel about this so talking in circles isn't going accomplish anything.

    You can reject the notion that the skies blue too, or that waters wet, both suppositions are inane as well. Fact is I'm not a cheater, nor is using an XIM considered cheating either. It requires actual effort on part of the user, unlike one-shot, aimbots, and wall hacks. Thats two completely different realms of reality here, something I'm sure your all too familiar with. The premise of your entire argument is false, and again irrelevant as it relates to the thread.
    Have a nice day.
    Good riddance.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Here’s the proper fix. Remove all HoK cards for heroes from the game. Don’t give them to all, remove them. Hero play in GA isn’t supposed to last the entire match.

    I don’t care if Maul gets a block, but if he does, they’ll have to adjust the speed of his attacks and a few other variables to accommodate his gameplay redesign. As it is, he doesn’t need a block.

    You better have a Nice BP reduction attached to that because Heroes have been drastically nerfed since the last game, where permanent chip damage was there to balance their one-shot abilities, massive blaster damage, and high mobility. Right now, the way regen thresholds work it's obvious they weren't meant for kamikaze runs like they will be if all Healing is removed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Here’s the proper fix. Remove all HoK cards for heroes from the game. Don’t give them to all, remove them. Hero play in GA isn’t supposed to last the entire match.

    I don’t care if Maul gets a block, but if he does, they’ll have to adjust the speed of his attacks and a few other variables to accommodate his gameplay redesign. As it is, he doesn’t need a block.

    You better have a Nice BP reduction attached to that because Heroes have been drastically nerfed since the last game, where permanent chip damage was there to balance their one-shot abilities, massive blaster damage, and high mobility. Right now, the way regen thresholds work it's obvious they weren't meant for kamikaze runs like they will be if all Healing is removed.

    Perhaps, and fair points. I didn’t play the last game so I can’t speak to that. I have gleaned quite a bit about it from these forums though. I will say that with proper play heroes are more impactful than regular troopers and last longer. A suggestion... No HoK cards, and no radar indicator.
  • No, Maul does not need a block. But he does need a damage buff to his Choke Hold and a health regen increase or a HoK card. Simple tweaks would make him more viable in GA and HvV.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    No, Maul does not need a block. But he does need a damage buff to his Choke Hold and a health regen increase or a HoK card. Simple tweaks would make him more viable in GA and HvV.

    ^^ This 100%.

    He was designed as he Needed to be within This game's Universe/Multiplayer. He is as intended to be. And is quite frankly one of the most balanced Heroes in the game itself. He just needs minor tweaks here and there, as do all heroes/Villains. But what he most certainly does Not need, is a block.

    I've said it before, as have others. The First step in the right direction for Hero/Villain Balancing is creating 2 Unique/Separate Balancing scales that don't affect each other and are Specifically assigned to With Trooper Modes (GA/Conquest) & Without Trooper Modes (HVV / HS).

    Doing that will prevent imbalance between modes. It would Prevent changes making Heroes/Villains too Strong, or too Weak in differing modes.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Look. We aren't getting it. You can keep asking if you want. But look at the current state of the game. They have plenty of bugs and glitches to fix, some of which have existed since launch, if I am correct. Lag is still and issue. Saber combat is horrendous. And as part of the BIG update, we got 2 skins that should've taken not even a day to make. One of them is literally a palette swap. The other is a camo taken from Google images and looks nothing like the actual troopers. And some of the things they consider skins are asinine. Wounded Chewbacca isn't a skin; the only difference is a small bandage on his arm. It's basically the same as changing Han's boot color and saying it's a different skin.

    Look, I'd like to believe this game might get better. But at this rate, so you really think they will add this in?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Look. We aren't getting it. You can keep asking if you want. But look at the current state of the game. They have plenty of bugs and glitches to fix, some of which have existed since launch, if I am correct. Lag is still and issue. Saber combat is horrendous. And as part of the BIG update, we got 2 skins that should've taken not even a day to make. One of them is literally a palette swap. The other is a camo taken from Google images and looks nothing like the actual troopers. And some of the things they consider skins are asinine. Wounded Chewbacca isn't a skin; the only difference is a small bandage on his arm. It's basically the same as changing Han's boot color and saying it's a different skin.

    Look, I'd like to believe this game might get better. But at this rate, so you really think they will add this in?

    It really is the principle of the matter, not so much us expecting it to be placed in. So when I hear an argument for maul getting a bock I'll definitely throw my support behind it. When we get a thread saying he doesn't need one, of course I'll draw my sword. Look, we've all seen maul in each of his media appearances, from comic books, to the Clone Wars, Rebels, and the Movies. Saying he doesn't need a block is just asinine. It's akin to saying Jango Fett doesn't need a Jetpack. It's truly a witless supposition. Game balance is a non factor Here and irrelevant as arguable it could be implemented with balance in mind. Just like with all the other Hero abilities. It's fine, whatever though. Hopefully we have a radically different Dev team designing the next game, what they put out here atm is a total failure, by all metrics(exaggerating, I know).



    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4960 posts Member
    edited September 2018

    Look, I'd like to believe this game might get better. But at this rate, so you really think they will add this in?

    In the mean time, I will however argue for, and expect a Heal card, not just for maul, but for every playable Hero that truly needs one. Whittling down or death by 14 Vanguard suicide bombers is just broken and an obsolete mechanic that belonged in BF2015, where Heroes actually were super amped both in Damage, HP, movement speed, and abilities. Their counter parts now are 25-45%(boba) more fragile than they were in the last game and Have had their damage considerably nerfed. Consider that it now takes two saber swings, or on certain Hero blasters take that extra trigger pull to down any one infantry. Some adjustments are definitely needed, the fact that we're almost a year in and things haven't changed for the better is startling.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!