criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

BFV beta is failing, will SWBF2 future content still suck

JAREDUP
1355 posts Member
edited September 2018
So since DICE is failing at BFV and it's beta, and BFV was supposed to be 10x better than this game. Is there any true hope for SWBF2 future content assuming it will perform the same or worse than BFV now?
For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

Replies

• I just did some searching and was unable to find anything about Battlefield V beta failing. If I search "bad" I find a few isolated forum threads. I don't find much when searching for battlefield v beta review either.

Either way, it is likely different people within the studio working on each game. I wouldn't worry about it
    xg2dfu234qjw.png

• AuraStorm
    348 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    At most there’s a few devs multitasking on games “keeping the lights on” so to speak, BFV isn’t going to have an effect on this game

If you wanna see a failure of a beta go look at how terrible Battlefield 4’s was in terms of texture pop up
  • I mean... Have you even played the Beta, by chance? I've got EA Access on my Xbox and so got the early access, and the only issue in the Beta I've seen so far was some matchmaking issues and the squad system initially not working (which was hilarious, because on the end screen apparently each team was entirely one squad and so were all green).

Both of these issues were fixed within four hours of the Beta going live. I don't know about you, but that's pretty impressive to me.

All in all, I've enjoyed it. Much improved over the previous iteration, and I now like how the Grand Operation doesn't have those awful 'Battalion' waves that can stop you advancing the operation story if you lose them all, which I am most interested in.
  • Oh, and I've got to say, my god is the Battlefield soundtrack (or at least the snippet so far) absolutely beautiful.

I'd expected as much though, because Battlefield One was absolutely phenomenal for the soundtrack. I wonder if the next iteration is going to be able to match it.
  • If BFV fails then anything from DICE will most likely not be of high quality.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• AuraStorm wrote: »
    At most there’s a few devs multitasking on games “keeping the lights on” so to speak, BFV isn’t going to have an effect on this game

If you wanna see a failure of a beta go look at how terrible Battlefield 4’s was in terms of texture pop up

Bfv already had a effect on this game when all the devs where moved from this to it...
  • AuraStorm wrote: »

Bfv already had a effect on this game when all the devs where moved from this to it...

Do you have actual evidence of devs being moved?
  • Alex64
    5327 posts Member
    No matter what happen with BFV this game's already doomed.
    This song is dedicated to you...
  • IronSoldier
    2693 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Closing this as it's simply opinion and scaremongering.

The beta is not yet open to all. In my opinion, it's a great game.. i've had a lot of fun playing it and can't wait for others to as well. Remember, it's a beta.. not a demo. Hence issues. That's why they are running the beta.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!