criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who thinks SWBF2 will succeed since it's next door neighbor BFV is not doing it's best IE beta

JAREDUP
1550 posts Member
edited September 2018
The beta may not open be for all just yet but I have seen the battlefield forums and based off the majority I have seen so far, the beta is not doing so good with YouTube gameplay to back it up. So since BFV is a element of DICE and was supposed to blow everybody's mind, who thinks the future of SWBF2 will end up the same? We all know that future content is promised and is better than past content, but if a game that is almost ready for launch is full of bugs and bad qualities (we all know 2 months, previously 1 is not enough to fix everything, this game as proof) how will a game with less resources do any better? Yes DICE nails the graphics all the time, but honestly good graphics shouldn't carry a game.

If we can't rely on fellow gamers reports on the game then something is wrong with us, so if that is still not enough let the thread stay alive till tomorrow so everyone can see the open beta and nothing will be hidden.

[Removed modding discussion]
For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Alex64
    6488 posts Member
    From a certain point of view, there's a lot of success in their pockets.
  • Well, SWBF2 is almost a year old, so it's in a much more stable position. The only thing BFV has done to this game is drag out how long it takes them to add content. If they didn't move so many people to BFV, we would likely have all this Clone Wars DLC by now plus everything else. I just hope there are no further delays as a result of BFV getting delayed.

I'm not sure what I think of BFV. It feels rushed to me like they pushed it up after the loot box mess of this game and after Anthem delayed to 2019. Regardless, I don't have plans to get it until I see the full map set. I didn't get BF1 because I did not like the beta map at all and most of the maps I saw post launch. I also didn't like what seemed to be a much heavier infantry focus than Battlefield 4. I feel the same about BFV from what I've seen.

I've been playing Battlefield since Battlefield 2. That's the standard I hold each game to, both in gameplay and maps. I want well designed maps, larger the better, with a lot of cool features and plenty of vehicles. Just having a few vehicles and some buildings blowing up doesn't cut it for me. Battlefield 4 is the last Battlefield game that delivered what I'm looking for.
  • Playing the beta at the moment - it’s interesting. At this stage, the graphics and atmosphere are miles off BF2 and it feels oddly dated - but it is a beta, though using the same underlying engine.

First person only too. Not loving it so far but it’s early days.
  • The game doing poorly (even if does) wouldn’t affect this game
  • DWB1873 wrote: »
    Playing the beta at the moment - it’s interesting. At this stage, the graphics and atmosphere are miles off BF2 and it feels oddly dated - but it is a beta, though using the same underlying engine.

I didn't pre-order, so I'll be trying it tomorrow in the open beta. I have seen some streams of it though, and have to agree. What I've seen hasn't impressed me.

I'm also not a fan at all of the animation when you go down and are crying for a medic. Seems like window dressing that will get old. Just give me a standard kill screen or after action camera I can opt out of.
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    The game doing poorly (even if does) wouldn’t affect this game

Yes it would, in terms of future updates or releases. You’re right in terms of what is there now, but Dice releasing two poorly received games will have an impact in some form or another.
  • DWB1873 wrote: »
    Playing the beta at the moment - it’s interesting. At this stage, the graphics and atmosphere are miles off BF2 and it feels oddly dated - but it is a beta, though using the same underlying engine.

I didn't pre-order, so I'll be trying it tomorrow in the open beta. I have seen some streams of it though, and have to agree. What I've seen hasn't impressed me.

I'm also not a fan at all of the animation when you go down and are crying for a medic. Seems like window dressing that will get old. Just give me a standard kill screen or after action camera I can opt out of.

I die a lot, so that feature has already worn thin. It’s there so the medic class can help you out -but if you happen to find yourself in enemy terrority or at the bottom of a canal (don’t ask) it’s just a time waster.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I've been playing the BF5 beta and it is doing just fine... it actually already has more customization options than this game, and the gunplay is superior to this game as well as the class dynamics. It is a BETA, so there are lots of bugs like getting revived to crashing, getting stuck places, loading as a medic with the assault weapon, etc etc etc... but it is enjoyable and is in better shape than the Battlefield 1 beta was at this point prior to release. Some people will dislike it because of the limited health regeneration... but for myself coming from old school FPS games which had NO passive health regen, I like it.
    If we can't rely on fellow gamers reports on the game then something is wrong with us, so if that is still not enough let the thread stay alive till tomorrow so everyone can see the open beta and nothing will be hidden.

No, you can't rely on fellow gamers reports on the game... because again, the people who post gameplay review videos/articles are not representative of average gamers... they are outliers. I have played games which were terribly reviewed by people and turned out to be really fun games & critically acclaimed games which sucked. Make up your own mind and don't pay attention to all the noise.

I loved Shadowrun for Xbox 360 and everybody else hated it.
  • they only move forward not backwards. They will move on from bf5 towards Anthem not back to battlefront
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    they only move forward not backwards. They will move on from bf5 towards Anthem not back to battlefront

I'd say more specifically running...whether it's forward or backwards I can't tell. lol They make a mess or bad decision, then jump into an announcement for the next game and do little to actually clean up the mess already made.

It's been going on for a while now, since Mirror's Edge Catalyst at least. They released that game the week before E3 lol Not a good move. But then they didn't even give it a mention in their conference and no post launch support. The beat continues with TitanFall 2 release date the week in between BF1 and COD (LOL), Mass Effect Andromeda mess, Battlefront 2 loot boxes, and now BFV hasn't started off well.

I'm sure this track record is what has gamers hesitant to pre-order, not the over hyped historical accuracy issue. Trust in EA is in short supply right now.
  • xmasterful
    619 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Imo Star Wars games have a greater appeal for longer periods of time than another battlefield shooter (a marginally improved version of the same old same old as far as cod and battlefield type generic war shooters are concerned of which there are over 40+ of them made over the past decade as opposed to only a handful star wars games made and even fewer that were of quality during that same time span). Just my opinion ofc.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Probably not, we'll have to wait and see though.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Batman20
    1694 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm sure though battlefield will be great once they've had the extra month to work on it . I haven't seen any major criticism of the game just minor things. And they won't come back to this after battlefield EA will move on to the next game they have planned
  • I hope so but least likely just another Titan fall 2 year for EA oh wait that’s every year
  • AuraStorm
    382 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    DWB1873 wrote: »
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    The game doing poorly (even if does) wouldn’t affect this game

Yes it would, in terms of future updates or releases. You’re right in terms of what is there now, but Dice releasing two poorly received games will have an impact in some form or another.

You say it will have an impact but didn't really specify what

They aren't shutting down DICE or pulling their funding anytime soon lol, if that's what you're implying
  • The only reason I'm not picking it up is I want bots offline. So the series always been an jan/feb pick up if nothing is out there worth getting.

So I would not call a game a failer. I do my own research every since I heard people say I would not like xcom. Two years later I pick up on sale for 3.99 and it was the best game I ever played then I picked up enemy within then xcom 2. I did my own research on ghost recon wildlands and far cry 5 got both on day one and play them both switching off every other day.

Now because I love those two ubisoft games does not mean everyone else will. Other words a lot of people love gta5 I don't because my online character can't be played offline. And sometimes I just like to turn off my internet not have to worry about pop up msg.

I think battlefield 5 would of done a lot better on sales if they would of put in bots. I know a lot gamers think that does not break a game sale but more and more people just don't want to play with people who steam roll. They want immersion not online trolling. And it's the new thing to troll haze or what ever and ( i ) believe most people just want to have fun with a game not a since of pride and accomplishment.

And that is the title ea has sent. Pride and accomplishment comes from real world stuff. Like finishing college in the top 5%. Watching your child take their first step. Getting married to that perfect person. Buying your first home. Not a video game.

But I'm rambling on like a fool. What's good for some is not for others and vice versa.
  • Beta testing SWBF2 never caught the thing that killed it at launch - the progression system.

Of course EA DICE wanted to hide that trojan horse until they had your money with preorder advance payment and it was too late.
    they only move forward not backwards. They will move on from bf5 towards Anthem not back to battlefront

EA? Perhaps... DICE? They have nothing to do with Anthem. They can either "move backwards" and reallocate resources to Battlefront 2, or "move forward" and work on a new project that hasn't been revealed.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • any big game release will have an impact on SWBF2. players will leave specifically because there's nothing new in this game since launch.. in many many ways its gone backwards.. yes to fix some of their gaping mistakes...

if you really think a skin here or there will stem the flow of people fed up then you're mistaken. One new GA map since launch 10 months ago....? and im sure that was developed at launch with the tie in to the film anyway.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »

EA? Perhaps... DICE? They have nothing to do with Anthem. They can either "move backwards" and reallocate resources to Battlefront 2, or "move forward" and work on a new project that hasn't been revealed.

And remember, they all work in the same building (unless it's dice la) at dice sweden so all the devs really did was moce upstairs.

They could go downstairs at any time if bf2 devs need some help or something.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• my gaming rig only has ONE game installed.

it's called SWBF2

I'd say more specifically running...whether it's forward or backwards I can't tell. lol They make a mess or bad decision, then jump into an announcement for the next game and do little to actually clean up the mess already made.

It's been going on for a while now, since Mirror's Edge Catalyst at least. They released that game the week before E3 lol Not a good move. But then they didn't even give it a mention in their conference and no post launch support. The beat continues with TitanFall 2 release date the week in between BF1 and COD (LOL), Mass Effect Andromeda mess, Battlefront 2 loot boxes, and now BFV hasn't started off well.

I'm sure this track record is what has gamers hesitant to pre-order, not the over hyped historical accuracy issue. Trust in EA is in short supply right now.

For the record I think BFV isnt bad. The company's reputation and bad press are the reason the game isn't performing. Not many complaints about the game itself besides the little controversies. Gameplay-wise is as expected for a battlefield game.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »

And remember, they all work in the same building (unless it's dice la) at dice sweden so all the devs really did was moce upstairs.

They could go downstairs at any time if bf2 devs need some help or something.

Could is one thing. But clearly it hasn't happened and wont happen.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    SWBF2 is dead
    BFV might well be DOA

Why? Because these people seem obsessed with telling us what we want rather than actually listening to what people want.

Also insulting your customer base and instructing them not to buy the product is a special kind of special :smiley:
  • I think BFV failing does more to hurt BF2 than to help it. If you're not satisfied with this game yet, you probably never will be. Be realistic.
  • *is playing the Battlefield V beta because why not its free*

It seems good to me so far :) I do, admittedly, suck. I think my highest rank on a leaderboard is 9th, but I cant see anything particularly wrong with the game other than a few minor things that will be fixed by release, like weapon balances. Ive never played a Battlefield game before, so its a new experience for me :)

Most of the time, I think fans of things, especially in gaming and often movies, genuinely have no idea what theyre talking about so I elect to ignore them :P Its worked out well so far.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    *is playing the Battlefield V beta because why not its free*

It seems good to me so far :) I do, admittedly, suck. I think my highest rank on a leaderboard is 9th, but I cant see anything particularly wrong with the game other than a few minor things that will be fixed by release, like weapon balances. Ive never played a Battlefield game before, so its a new experience for me :)

Most of the time, I think fans of things, especially in gaming and often movies, genuinely have no idea what theyre talking about so I elect to ignore them :P Its worked out well so far.

Enjoy it, you'll be one of the few. :smiley:

Btw fans are the reason these games exist. :wink:
  • LaurenXIV wrote: »
    *is playing the Battlefield V beta because why not its free*

You're not missing much. The only complaint I could see on the forums about the game was some hissy fit about customisation. I'm having a blast so far as well, to be honest!
  • i don't plan on buying any multiplayer games for a long time. I'm only interested in Infinity Wards next Call of Duty. So bf2 will be my go-to multiplayer game for the a while.
  • I'm having a blast in the BFV beta... just a bunch of haters hating lol. Also, the beta has more customization than this whole game... LOL!!
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    haven't played BFV...DICE & EA can easily blame TLJ for removing the spotlight from STAR WARS. Who knows what the contract was for content additions in BF2. Perhaps they [DICE & EA] were beholden to nothing. Makes me believe LucasFIlm doesn't care too much about their video game segment.

After several months of the same stale content, looks like the initial release was a money grab, and since the backlash over pay-to-win, this game looks pretty much done.. sans a prequel bolt-on...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• ArchAngeL_777
    1719 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I've been playing the BFV open beta tonight. I think it's good. I like the kick of the weapons and the more deliberate player movement. In that regard, it feels like the best WW2 shooter since COD3. The death animation doesn't bother me as much as I thought. It's a pretty quick thing to opt out of it. The menus and music are well done.

But speaking of COD3...this beta actually reminds me of a modern version of that game. lol. That's not meant to be an insult because COD3 is my second favorite COD behind COD4. But that's COD. This is Battlefield. What I'm saying is these maps don't do a great job of showing the difference between these two IPs. COD3 had tanks on some of their maps too, maps with buildings not unlike these beta maps. And while these maps are bigger than COD3 maps, they are still small for Battlefield maps.

I will say though that Conquest mode, even on a smaller Battlefield map, is far superior than playing GA in this game. It was very nice to be in a more open mode again. The new Conquest style mode for this game can't arrive soon enough! lol.
    Post edited by ArchAngeL_777 on
  • I played it and it seems fine.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • gospa55350
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I am not worried about it, we are a group of twenty battlefront 2 players. Only six players installed the open beta, only 3 players including myself bought the game. The rest will continue playing BF2, and fortnite! The majority of this group already bought COD BO4 and they hate Battlefield series as expected. COD franchise is a juvenile intended game, I tried COD BO4 via shareplay and it was absolute garbage, more of the same, I prefer Titanfall 2 which I believe uses COD WWII game engine. Newest and latest Dice game is very complex in comparison with any other shooter in the market and brings gorgeous visuals and several improvements to multiplayer features. At the end, Battlefront 2 is starwars and there is nothing to compete against it for a true Starwars fan.
  • I played some more and got my Beta tags lol. Idk, I dont think there's anything wrong with it, certainly not something to warrant the low pre-orders. I just don't see enough to truly hook me, especially now that it's pushed back into the long awaited Clone Wars DLC. I'll be sticking with this game, and maybe even throwing them some money for skins.

First impressions can be huge in a crowded fall lineup. I think they should have used one of their biggest maps with more vehicles for the beta. I was convinced day 1 of the Battlefield 4 beta because they led off with Siege of Shanghai, one of the best and most popular maps in the game. It was finally 64 player conquest on console, and Siege of Shanghai showed it off brilliantly. By contrast, I did not like the BF1 beta map at all, so I skipped it for TitanFall 2 that year.
  • JediMastaWyn
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Battlefield forums are the Mos Eisley of the gaming world. Despite the incessant whining the Beta and game are going to do well imo. There is a core playerbase who will support the game and populate the servers.

SWBF2 sealed it's own fate with a criminal lack of content nearly 12 months after release, no new Galactic assault maps, no new weapons, but instead a bunch of skins and small map modes. BF games have consistently been supported post release.

Sorry to say but BF is Dice 'bread and butter' SWBF is an after thought. It was probably too much of a stretch having Dice develop both franchises.
  • Battlefield V failing (which it won't, it's a very popular franchise and from what I've seen in the beta so far is also very fun) would most likely hurt this game more than help it. Battlefield is kind of DICE's signature franchise, so they'd probably just completely drop support for this game once the already confirmed content has arrived. I think it will have a successful launch, then some of the devs who moved to it from Battlefront will come back and we might get a little more content going into 2019.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Battlefield forums are the Mos Eisley of the gaming world. Despite the incessant whining the Beta and game are going to do well imo. There is a core playerbase who will support the game and populate the servers.

SWBF2 sealed it's own fate with a criminal lack of content nearly 12 months after release, no new Galactic assault maps, no new weapons, but instead a bunch of skins and small map modes. BF games have consistently been supported post release.

Sorry to say but BF is Dice 'bread and butter' SWBF is an after thought. It was probably too much of a stretch having Dice develop both franchises.

Agreed. However, the reason BFV gets attention on these forums is the fact they moved what seems to be a significant portion of the SWBF2 development team off to work on BFV. Hence our lack of content.

This is the main reason I didn't have BFV on my radar this fall. In hindsight, their image took a big hit and would have been better served if they had focused on fixing this game and getting content out much sooner.

• Yeah I have to disagree. The learning curve for the BFV Beta seems to be over. This morning lots of randoms on headsets in the squad. Great team play, gunplay is phenomenal with some tweaks needed, and I have yet to be involved with a "Landslide".

All the matches have been close in Conquest & Grand Operations. I can see BFV exploding in December with Holiday buys. The extra time to finish it can only improve it.

As far as this "Hope" that DEV's are going to come back to SWBF2... community has to come to terms that is never going to happen. It is what it is and maybe... just maybe it will be a proving ground for DICE new hires.
  • I easily agree the close up graphics are good and the gun handling is really good too, but the distance graphics are horrible as they don't load up till you are closer, the limited ammo really sucks. Most support players just sat and just built things with a hammer so by no time you were using a pistol. Don't get me started on the aircraft, as a pilot it makes me sad they were severely neglected. I have to admit BF1 did a really good job at creating more team work, because most of the time in that game your team and enemy had a pretty realistic front between both sides. BFV team play seems none existent, team fronts are completely put out the window as most of the time you are never able to remain in the same spot but have to appear on the other side of the map. Vehicles are still bouncing whenever you tap a bump. Also the aim system is jacked up for me at least, the camera just moves by itself randomly (not my controller because I compared on BF1 and it was fine)
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Yeah I have to disagree. The learning curve for the BFV Beta seems to be over. This morning lots of randoms on headsets in the squad. Great team play, gunplay is phenomenal with some tweaks needed, and I have yet to be involved with a "Landslide".

All the matches have been close in Conquest & Grand Operations. I can see BFV exploding in December with Holiday buys. The extra time to finish it can only improve it.

As far as this "Hope" that DEV's are going to come back to SWBF2... community has to come to terms that is never going to happen. It is what it is and maybe... just maybe it will be a proving ground for DICE new hires.

I'm not as confident it will explode in December. Fallout 76 also releases in November. Red Dead Redemption 2 of course will still be going strong. The biggest stumbling block imo is the fact BLOPS 4 seems to have invigorated COD. The Blackout trailer was admittedly impressive too.

I do agree about SWBF2. If BFV stumbles out of the gate and the new large scale mode for SWBF2 brings a lot of players back to the game, then I can see EA and DICE deciding to keep both games adequately supported. I'm sure they won't turn down two games making money. Their original stated intent was to keep supporting SWBF2 for years.
  • Perhaps if EA's leadership hadn't said, "If you don't like it don't buy it" two times now pre-orders wouldn't be so low. Ironic that the gentleman saying this is stepping down.

With the recently announced 1 month delay for Battlefield V those of us who still pre-ordered BFV wouldn't feel like we do. The beta looked good to me and played pretty well. Minor issues but it is in beta so no big deal. It's another broken promise from this developer-DICE Sweden-delaying a pre-ordered game so they can fix things. No word on what they plan to do for those that pre-ordered but get one month less of what we paid for. Never again will I pre-order any game no matter what the incentive. Especially if DICE Sweden is even remotely involved.

The delay means this game won't get any developers back so no new "flood gates" of content or any other such live service nonsense. Just more guarantees of delays, lies, and broken promises.
  • Succeed? Laughable,they failed so hard. I completely give up any hope or expectations for this game and will just take what comes as it does. #Fdice
  • "Don't like it, don't buy it"
    A fast way to lose your job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    Personally I don't think the beta is showing much more than the same old. Not bad but not great either.
    Sure the paid for "reviews" are going to bring people in but I don't see it lasting.
  • Downloaded it for the heck of it on PS. I suck. Not great first impressions, but then again... I'm no avid Battlefield player, so maybe it's just me.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    Yeah I have to disagree. The learning curve for the BFV Beta seems to be over. This morning lots of randoms on headsets in the squad. Great team play, gunplay is phenomenal with some tweaks needed, and I have yet to be involved with a "Landslide".

Agree, bf5 is shaping up nice imo. I’m normally not a big battlefield guy mainly because I’ve always been a cod guy, but this is one of the more engaging battlefields I’ve played. Really liking the beta so far and it feels like I’m involved in more close up gunplay than the normal battlefield.
  • Casscaden wrote: »
    BoothStick wrote: »

Agree, bf5 is shaping up nice imo. I’m normally not a big battlefield guy mainly because I’ve always been a cod guy, but this is one of the more engaging battlefields I’ve played. Really liking the beta so far and it feels like I’m involved in more close up gunplay than the normal battlefield.

The matchmaking is incredible... nearly every game is very close... i've already had multiple 1 point margin of victories in just the beta... and usually there is under a 50 points difference in the end after starting from like 750 each!