criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Squad System

13Next

Replies

• "To improve this experience in some game modes, on September 25 we will add an improved squad system to Galactic Assault and Attack." BLAST will not have squad system?...

Blast doesn’t need it as squads always spawn on top of the enemy now!! At least they always seem to on me :D
  • Sound nice . Ich hope ITS works :)

what time is the update online Central European Time?
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    If I kill half of the team that's protecting the objective, I won't clean the area cause they're all going to respawn right into the objective?

Loooooooooool

It's like that in Battlefield games since 2002, btw.
  • 2v2
    Joining a 2v2 game mode such as Hero Showdown while in a four player group will enable you to play a private match.

Anyone gotten this to work? Me and my 3 friends tried and it said we had too many players for the gamemode
  • 2v2 won't let you go in as a group of four.
  • Yes my group has also experienced this. We can't join showdown with a group of 4. Does anyone know why? Or how to do it?
  • Wingzero
    2 posts Member
    edited September 29
    @F8RGE
    There was supposed to be a double XP weekend to tie in with this squad update, is it happening or not? As of 8AM in Asia it has not.

SWBF2 needs to have a event calender page like Battlefield 4 that had all the details of events instead of players having to constantly check in to the forums and search for an answer to a very simple question or ask you questions on twitter (to which you've never replied even a simple yes or no).
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    Will I be able to tell where my squadmate is on the map in starfighter assault?

(New) squads are not coming to SA. Just like they didn’t bother to add the new EoM stats to SA, I think that mode is just being ignored this round...or two...or three...

In fact they removed squads all together from Starfighter Assault. Pre-patchg, you'd be in a 4 player squad, or if nmot enough players, NPC ships. That wasb why you had the 10 sec countdown until a suqad filled (or it would launch earlier if filled). Now you fly solo all the time and have the crappy 5 sec spawn timer they introduced with this patch.

Hence SFA gets all the cons and none of the pro's of the old system and the new.
  • Wickedshrimp
    3 posts Member
    edited October 10
    @F8RGE

Question:

Lets say you are a group of 6-10 people that all wish to be in the same gamemode at the same time? What options do we have then?
    Also - is there a way (besides the 2v2) to make sure you play against each other in a gamemode?
  • Well Ea I really didnt think you could FRAK this game any more .. Its so bad now I am uninstalling this junk .. this stupid spawning is the last straw .. you can send me a refund for 5 copies :pensive:
  • Please remove this squad system spawning from GA or do something with it to make it more consequential when you die.

The squad system is creating issues where attackers rarely get to the second or last phase objectives. It’s becoming a free-for-all shootout instead of a game with strategy and tactical gameplay.

I’ve got over 1200 hours of gameplay in this game and since you implemented this squad spawn system I find it difficult to enjoy playing. It’s too chaotic. When you eliminated the spawn timer, I stopped playing altogether.

Work on the balancing algorithm and strengthen what you already have instead of deploying new gimmicks to attract players. Players that will burn out, meanwhile you’ve lost your core group of gamers.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    This will ruin balance of the game. You'll see.

What balance? GA has no balance anymore when they reduced the BP requirements. A proper working squad system at least will bring some proper flow and preasure to the objectives and the teams.

Lo and behold, it hasn’t. It’s a chaotic mess now and attackers rarely push past the first set of objectives.

This squad spawn system is terrible.
  • BlazinSVK wrote: »
    mathxlrose wrote: »
    If I kill half of the team that's protecting the objective, I won't clean the area cause they're all going to respawn right into the objective?

Loooooooooool

It's like that in Battlefield games since 2002, btw.

Yea, and it’s terrible.