criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vader still broken

Getting stuck in choke animation.

Was going hard in the paint... lost my life while being being stuck in choke mode.

Replies

• TonyGoombah1
    1274 posts Member
    edited September 7
    His choke is broken, darth mauls saber throw doesnt work half the time again, palpatines electrocute still lingers although rarely they truely only fixed unlimited insight exploit.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • His choke is broken, darth mauls saber throw doesnt work half the time again, palpatines electrocute still lingers although rarely they truely only fixed unlimited insight exploit.

Are you guys seeing the bugs in HvV or GA more? Because, in my situation, I notice bugs are way more common in GA.

But I have yet to experience Vader getting stuck in his choke animation.
    xg2dfu234qjw.png

• Maul also sometimes gets stuck in the environment when dash attacking making me have to respawn. The ma should push you out when this occurs.
  • Wait...you guys were really expecting to get stuff fixed for this game? LauL :D
  • Again????????
  • They fixed one of the problems with the choke, but not all.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Do you guys get a sound glitch during the effect of his middle ability?
    I'm on ps4
  • I've never experienced the glitch where he gets stuck in the choke animation, but all the time I press R1 to choke an enemy and it drops them far too early. Choke is supposed to deal about 120 damage over the course of 3 seconds or so, but when I choke someone it lifts them off the ground, only deals 40 damage and then drops them after about 1 second, which doesn't give me enough time to follow up with a saber throw or close the gap. Ugh.
  • Vaders choke should be bugged he is otherwise too good. I wonder why Rey was nerfed again, lightside is more like weak side. Unlimited insight was nice bug, give it back. Though I never experienced this bug.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    526 posts Member
    edited September 7
    Vader getting Stuck in Choke's Pose is still a thing, despite I didn't experience it myself for a very long time, but I've seen several other players stuck as it's easy to spot, and if you don't hit vader he is harmless and can be watched closely. I've also seen a vader getting stuck in the choke pose after the Elite Corps Patch, so they didn't fix this.

Getting hit by the choke still shakes the camera like crazy, so they didn't fix this either.

Several characters getting half choked is still a thing, they can't attack and they do take choke's damage, but they move freely.

The only Choke related BUG I'm yet to see after the Elite Corps update is the one the character hit gets his vision stuck on Vader, so wherever Vader goes, the character's aim follows him ignoring any movement input from the mouse. It also blocks the character from attacking.

For anyone who doesn't know this BUG, here is my video showing how bad it can be:

@TonyGoombah1
    They also fixed the infinite dodges feature. It seems that if a feature gives any joy or advantage to the player using it, being unfair or not, they go and fix it. But something that clearly displeases any player using it, like thermal vision being completely unreliable to spot enemy players, that they won't fix ever. Or sound bug. Or Disabled Block BUG. I could go on forever, the BUG list of this game is infinite.

@Netero
    Sound glitches? This game is full of them, but as the BUG list is so huge, sound glitches that don't really break the game are oftenly ignored, but Vader's Rage has a soundbug, Vader's Choke has a soundbug, Tauntaun's middle ability has a soundbug, I remember when recharging your weapon had a soundbug, and it would retrigger the sound several times without any recharging happening, and I'm sure there are many more that I don't even care so I can't remember now.

@MC_XIX
    The choke can be interrupted by 2 situations: Vader gets immobilized/stunned or you press the ability more then once, so it gets cancelled. Maybe you've been double tapping the button? Or your button's anti-bouncing may be malfunctioning.
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Vader getting Stuck in Choke's Pose is still a thing, despite I didn't experience it myself for a very long time, but I've seen several other players stuck as it's easy to spot, and if you don't hit vader he is harmless and can be watched closely. I've also seen a vader getting stuck in the choke pose after the Elite Corps Patch, so they didn't fix this.

Getting hit by the choke still shakes the camera like crazy, so they didn't fix this either.

Several characters getting half choked is still a thing, they can't attack and they do take choke's damage, but they move freely.

The only Choke related BUG I'm yet to see after the Elite Corps update is the one the character hit gets his vision stuck on Vader, so wherever Vader goes, the character's aim follows him ignoring any movement input from the mouse. It also blocks the character from attacking.

For anyone who doesn't know this BUG, here is my video showing how bad it can be:

@TonyGoombah1
    They also fixed the infinite dodges feature. It seems that if a feature gives any joy or advantage to the player using it, being unfair or not, they go and fix it. But something that clearly displeases any player using it, like thermal vision being completely unreliable to spot enemy players, that they won't fix ever. Or sound bug. Or Disabled Block BUG. I could go on forever, the BUG list of this game is infinite.

@Netero
    Sound glitches? This game is full of them, but as the BUG list is so huge, sound glitches that don't really break the game are oftenly ignored, but Vader's Rage has a soundbug, Vader's Choke has a soundbug, Tauntaun's middle ability has a soundbug, I remember when recharging your weapon had a soundbug, and it would retrigger the sound several times without any recharging happening, and I'm sure there are many more that I don't even care so I can't remember now.

@MC_XIX
    The choke can be interrupted by 2 situations: Vader gets immobilized/stunned or you press the ability more then once, so it gets cancelled. Maybe you've been double tapping the button? Or your button's anti-bouncing may be malfunctioning.

According to Ben, they fixed one of the problems with it, but there was other problems with it as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    Vader getting Stuck in Choke's Pose is still a thing, despite I didn't experience it myself for a very long time, but I've seen several other players stuck as it's easy to spot, and if you don't hit vader he is harmless and can be watched closely. I've also seen a vader getting stuck in the choke pose after the Elite Corps Patch, so they didn't fix this.

@TonyGoombah1

@Netero

@MC_XIX

According to Ben, they fixed one of the problems with it, but there was other problems with it as well.

Several times they did say Vader's Choke got fixed in previous patches. However, everytime they did that, we found the same old BUGs again, so they lied. They have no issues in lying when it comes to bug fixing, as several times we've been told something was fixed when it wasn't. If they were smarter, they would say in patch notes something like 'issues related to a BUG were improved' when devs worked on them, and only say they are fixed if they can guarantee it's fixed.

They even told us not everything get into patch notes, so such kind of bug fixing should not be written into the notes, as normally it backfires because in less then 2 days several people found the BUGs which were claimed to have been fixed.

Unfortunately their team lacks competence. The game could be one of the best out there, because with all the issues it had it's still a game played by many. Battlefrontstats team tracked over 30K unique PC users playing this game in the course of a month, imagine how many more are in consoles, and especially how many could be playing if the game came without that stupid controversy from lootboxes, if the devs did deliver a polished game instead of the mess this game was (and still is), if they had a true and competent team that could improve the game from patch to patch instead of ruining it and repairing their mess afterwards in unending cycles since launch?

Even when they launched a promo picture, they released it containing a model of a droideka, something the community is very eager to see in game, to then deny it with poor excuses, and after realizing it was true, they say it was a mistake

They also published a promo video to convince people to join the game which was a player melting Vader with a weapon which was so bugged at the time that it was a hot topic among forum members, reddit users, and YT channels that cover this game, and then they deleted said promo video because they realized the mistake they did

Also, once they tracked an issue related to Palpatine's chain lightning killing the AT-AT driver, they supposedly fixed it, and released a patch detailing this as a fix to chain lightning. As soon as the patch went live anybody who tried palpatine could check when using chain lightning that it wouldn't work at all, you'd use it and it'd deal no damage at all to any enemy, how could this pass the tests?

And also the Hotfix that should have come in the beginning of July because of the mess Palpatine was (which got him a killswitch) which was postponed to the beginning of August, and was only officially announced as coming almost a month after Ben confirmed the hot fix would come, which was only a week before it actually came. In the future people will believe the hotfix only took a week because the announcement was posted one week before the fix. However Ben had announced it a month prior, and the buggy update came more then a month before the "hotfix"

I could go on indefinetly.
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Confirm. His choke is still broken
  • Yes, just like his heart.
    It's gonna take a few more minutes for you to clear up your head.