criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Im sick of error 201

It wont stop happening in galactic assault and I always know it will disconect me becouse I turn in 1st person and when I cant move.I have a pwrfectly fine internet connection.Anybody help?

Replies

• The thing that annoys me is that happens in matches that im having fun in
  • The thing that annoys me is that happens in matches that im having fun in

Yep me too - not that it happens all that often, but it is always when I'm doing better than normal or in a particularly enjoyable game.
  • +1 EA should fix this error soon.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • I’ve had error 201 all this week, much the same as yourself I suddenly go from 3rd person to 1st person, freeze and then BOOM….kicked out.
    I have changed ping site, reinstalled the game etc and to date nothing has worked.
    My internet connection is fine.
  • So frustrating! I get the same thing quite often and it's usually when I'm having a fun match as well. I'll be on a good roll, up at the top part of the leader board.... Racking up kills, pushing objectives.... Hey! How did that guy teleport out of the way?? Wait, why am I in 1st person... Running in place... Nobody is moving.... and here's the load screen with the artwork I'm tired of seeing. (Bonus points if it turns into the black screen of death). Hop back into another game and end up on a team that's getting steamrolled.
  • I can't get a match since last patch
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 2018
    It wont stop happening in galactic assault and I always know it will disconect me becouse I turn in 1st person and when I cant move.I have a pwrfectly fine internet connection.Anybody help?

I've passed this along.
    Remember to post errors and bugs at Answers HQ
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• EA_Tom
    270 posts EA Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Hey there,

I'll jump in here to clarify that error 201 refers to a network issue. This means that your connection isn't able to reach out servers, upon which you'll get this error code.

I recommend to check out our network troubleshooting guide for tips on how to get rid off this error. If you need further help, please jump on to our Answers HQ Battlefront 2 forums.
  • Hey there,

And I'll jump in here to say that the first hyperlink you've posted is broken and anyway at the time of writing the EA help webpages seem to be down...

However, this issue is not at my end. I have a wired fibre connection, ports forwarded etc., etc. The problem is server side or routing.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 2018
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    Hey there,

And I'll jump in here to say that the first hyperlink you've posted is broken and anyway at the time of writing the EA help webpages seem to be down...

However, this issue is not at my end. I have a wired fibre connection, ports forwarded etc., etc. The problem is server side or routing.

The link should work now ;)
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer wrote: »

The link should work now ;)

Thanks, it does...
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey there,

I'll jump in here to clarify that error 201 refers to a network issue. This means that your connection isn't able to reach out servers, upon which you'll get this error code.

I recommend to check out our network troubleshooting guide for tips on how to get rid off this error. If you need further help, please jump on to our Answers HQ Battlefront 2 forums.

Any news yet on a fix for 1066? Can barely get in a match since last patch ps4
    Hey there,

This is not on the player side. Played strike with some friend yesterday 6 of us was in one team and 2 of us was on the other team. All 8 of us got booted from the match at the same time with error 201.
    Hey there,

This is not on the player side. Played strike with some friend yesterday 6 of us was in one team and 2 of us was on the other team. All 8 of us got booted from the match at the same time with error 201.

That right there is some good evidence...
  • Error 201 is definitely server side. When I see this, it is usually in a very busy GA match and I think the server loses track of things due to whatever. EA and DICE love to blame player connections, but in the end it is usually their bad code, servers, etc...