criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vehicle Event Thoughts (AT-ST OP, AT-RT underpowered)

I really enjoy playing as vehicles in the game and it's great to play them more often with this weekend event, however, this event is proving just how annoying AT-STs are when they're constantly appearing just decimating targets. I know the ion torpedoes can take away half of their health, but if were talking about vehicle to vehicle combat to counter them it is very hard to do so.

The AT-RT really needs to do more damage to enemy vehicles at their weak points. The ion shots from the AT-RT feel too weak to hardly do much damage when flanking enemy vehicles giving them time to immediately react. AATs are possible to deal with when flanking them as they have slower mobility compared to the AT-ST. An AT-RT is simply no match for an AT-ST even when trying to move all over the place because the AT-ST is simply larger and has enough mobility to turn enough to attack the AT-RT. Landspeeders, AT-RTs.... doesn't matter as the AT-ST will destroy them no problem.

In short, AT-STs are still the most OP vehicles during vehicular combat. AT-RTs have their use against infantry, but their damage output needs to be buffed because right now the light side lacks resources to counter the dark side's more powerful vehicles. Plus I would have more reason to choose the AT-RT to deal with the constant annoyance of the AT-ST.

Replies

• I really enjoy playing as vehicles in the game and it's great to play them more often with this weekend event, however, this event is proving just how annoying AT-STs are when they're constantly appearing just decimating targets. I know the ion torpedoes can take away half of their health, but if were talking about vehicle to vehicle combat to counter them it is very hard to do so.

The AT-RT really needs to do more damage to enemy vehicles at their weak points. The ion shots from the AT-RT feel too weak to hardly do much damage when flanking enemy vehicles giving them time to immediately react. AATs are possible to deal with when flanking them as they have slower mobility compared to the AT-ST. An AT-RT is simply no match for an AT-ST even when trying to move all over the place because the AT-ST is simply larger and has enough mobility to turn enough to attack the AT-RT. Landspeeders, AT-RTs.... doesn't matter as the AT-ST will destroy them no problem.

In short, AT-STs are still the most OP vehicles during vehicular combat. AT-RTs have their use against infantry, but their damage output needs to be buffed because right now the light side lacks resources to counter the dark side's more powerful vehicles. Plus I would have more reason to choose the AT-RT to deal with the constant annoyance of the AT-ST.

I definitely share your opinion.
    Compared to the AT-ST, it feels a bit like a Tank against an bicycle :sweat_smile:
  • I really enjoy playing as vehicles in the game and it's great to play them more often with this weekend event, however, this event is proving just how annoying AT-STs are when they're constantly appearing just decimating targets. I know the ion torpedoes can take away half of their health, but if were talking about vehicle to vehicle combat to counter them it is very hard to do so.

I definitely share your opinion.
    Compared to the AT-ST, it feels a bit like a Tank against an bicycle :sweat_smile:

Exactly it's like a chicken vs a trex, its a like a motorcycle with a machine gun against a armored tank, like I don't get it why couldn't EA just give the rebels a tank, like they had tanks it's canon, the rebels even used AAT's, why EA couldn't you give the rebels the AAT droid tank it was canon. Or better yet make the clone hover tank the rebels used them and don't say you have to follow canon for Christ sake you guys already broke canon with those ridiculous clone skins, and cross era heroes and weapons. Alright so do your job and make the rebels and clones a armored tank.