criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is it me, or did the A280-CFE's Ion Shot got buffed?

FriedPizza773
1142 posts Member
edited September 2018
I'm starting to notice that plenty of players playing as Specialist are using the A280-CFE equipped with the Ion Shot modification for not only against vehicles, but also against Infantries as well--and I do mean very effectively.

The Ion Shot modification suppose to do more damage against vehicles and turrets, but less damage against infantries. However, now it feels that it also does a lot of damage against infantries as well.

After I noticed number of times that enemy Specialists were using the weapon with Ion Shot against me, I went on to test this myself against other players, and I noticed that it does kill them pretty quickly. The damage done with the Ion Shot mod now feels just about the same as without it.

Did anyone else noticed this too, or could I be mistaken? :confused:
Post edited by FriedPizza773 on

Replies

  • Only 10% damage is lost with IS, but the headshot multiplier has gone from 1.9 to 1.1, so there's no point for aiming for the head.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Only 10% damage is lost with IS, but the headshot multiplier has gone from 1.9 to 1.1, so there's no point for aiming for the head.

    Wait ... did I miss that in patch notes? Is the headshot multiplier nerfed almost to being equivalent to a body shot? Please tell me that's not the case.
  • Clone201
    3489 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    Only 10% damage is lost with IS, but the headshot multiplier has gone from 1.9 to 1.1, so there's no point for aiming for the head.

    Wait ... did I miss that in patch notes? Is the headshot multiplier nerfed almost to being equivalent to a body shot? Please tell me that's not the case.

    This was never changed. I think I was comparing ion shots to regular shots.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Yeah IS is pretty beast with A280-CFE especially with the three round burst. With or without IS any trooper will die if you connect two bursts.
  • YODA100
    957 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.

    No nerf happened.

    No skills happened.
  • YODA100
    957 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.
    There's literally not a mod which reduces the recoil in any way for the CFE (actually, just for Specialist in general). There was also not a nerf, Ion Shot just changes the headshot multiplier apparently which has always been the case. Honestly I don't see why you're calling for Specialist nerfs - they're not OP, and no-one but you thinks they are.
    Anyway, I might have to try it with IS if it only reduces the damage by 10% but makes it more effective against vehicles. Plus it looks cool with the Ion Shot attachment - I like the way the barrel looks.

    I never said nerf them :D
  • YODA100
    957 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    YODA100 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.
    There's literally not a mod which reduces the recoil in any way for the CFE (actually, just for Specialist in general). There was also not a nerf, Ion Shot just changes the headshot multiplier apparently which has always been the case. Honestly I don't see why you're calling for Specialist nerfs - they're not OP, and no-one but you thinks they are.
    Anyway, I might have to try it with IS if it only reduces the damage by 10% but makes it more effective against vehicles. Plus it looks cool with the Ion Shot attachment - I like the way the barrel looks.

    I never said nerf them :D

    You have plenty of threads where you say to nerf them.

    I never said nerf them. Lolololol. Come back with evidence when I say nerf them.
  • FriedPizza773
    1142 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I got a small clip of my gameplay using the A280-CFE w/ Ion Shot to share, and I've been doing plenty of headshots. You'll be the judge and let me know what you think.

  • FriedPizza773
    1142 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.

    About the part when you said "good thing a nerf happened" regarding the Specialist, can you tell us what exactly are you talking about?
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.
    There's literally not a mod which reduces the recoil in any way for the CFE (actually, just for Specialist in general). There was also not a nerf, Ion Shot just changes the headshot multiplier apparently which has always been the case. Honestly I don't see why you're calling for Specialist nerfs - they're not OP, and no-one but you thinks they are.
    Anyway, I might have to try it with IS if it only reduces the damage by 10% but makes it more effective against vehicles. Plus it looks cool with the Ion Shot attachment - I like the way the barrel looks.

    I usually run with it depending on the map. It's extremely funny when a Heavy pops up his shield (probably smiles for his win) and then you just break it and kill him. But, other than that I would run without it on maps with no vehicles if you have good aim to get headshots (for example Death Star II).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.
    There's literally not a mod which reduces the recoil in any way for the CFE (actually, just for Specialist in general). There was also not a nerf, Ion Shot just changes the headshot multiplier apparently which has always been the case. Honestly I don't see why you're calling for Specialist nerfs - they're not OP, and no-one but you thinks they are.
    Anyway, I might have to try it with IS if it only reduces the damage by 10% but makes it more effective against vehicles. Plus it looks cool with the Ion Shot attachment - I like the way the barrel looks.

    I never said nerf them :D

    You have plenty of threads where you say to nerf them.

    I never said nerf them. Lolololol. Come back with evidence when I say nerf them.

    Not going to bother going to look for them, but you and I (and evidently @KotasMilitia as well as probably some others) know that you made one thread named 'Specialist OP?' and another one which at least implied, if not outright said that they should be nerfed. And you obviously think they should be nerfed - you literally said 'good thing a nerf happened' (even though there wasn't). Plus you keep saying 'oh yeah they're OP in any thread with any connection to the Specialist, however small. So yeah.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    YODA100 wrote: »
    Funny because specialist takes no skills to use with their little ability showing where opponents actually are. Oh yeah and A280 barely has any recoil after you get all the attachements.150 health now too? That cute shield running around, which is almost impossible to shoot at close up when specialist melee you. This is sad. Good thing a nerf happened.

    No nerf happened.

    No skills happened.

    That didn't even make sense.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • So let me get this straight. With the ion shot you get more damage with headshots? But before it was nerfed it did even more headshot damage?

    I’m assuming that with the three fire burst mode and ion shot you could ohk like the NT-242 but with a shorter distance with the dual zoom being disabled?
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • cosworth99 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. With the ion shot you get more damage with headshots? But before it was nerfed it did even more headshot damage?

    I’m assuming that with the three fire burst mode and ion shot you could ohk like the NT-242 but with a shorter distance with the dual zoom being disabled?

    No, Ion shots lower headshot damage multipliers from 1.9, to 1.1. So if you shot someone with the CFE without Ion, it would do 33 damage on a body shot, and around 62.7 on a headshot. With ion, you would do 30 damage on a body shot, and 33 on a headshot per bolt. So ion reduces damage, and headshot multipliers, so you might as well aim for the body.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Thanks. I never paid attention to the multiplier before.
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. With the ion shot you get more damage with headshots? But before it was nerfed it did even more headshot damage?

    I’m assuming that with the three fire burst mode and ion shot you could ohk like the NT-242 but with a shorter distance with the dual zoom being disabled?

    No, Ion shots lower headshot damage multipliers from 1.9, to 1.1. So if you shot someone with the CFE without Ion, it would do 33 damage on a body shot, and around 62.7 on a headshot. With ion, you would do 30 damage on a body shot, and 33 on a headshot per bolt. So ion reduces damage, and headshot multipliers, so you might as well aim for the body.

    Very interesting post, @GenxDarchi -- thank you for clarifying with clearer details! :)

    So it seems that with the Ion Shot attachment can be useful depending on certain situations. It does sounds very reasonable because it gives us better reason to use this modification, not just the other two of three moficiations.

    I assume it has been like this since maybe the day when BF2 was released, both the Ion Shot's reduced damage and reduced headshot multipliers? I ask this because, as I already mentioned, I started to notice the players using this modification a few days ago, though there might be a possibility that I simply failed to noticed since way before recently.

    Also, if possible, I want to ask for a source about this information that you shared with us, as well as information on other weapons, like the Assault's CR-2 with Ion Shots modification.
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Only 10% damage is lost with IS, but the headshot multiplier has gone from 1.9 to 1.1, so there's no point for aiming for the head.
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    Anyway, I might have to try it with IS if it only reduces the damage by 10% but makes it more effective against vehicles. Plus it looks cool with the Ion Shot attachment - I like the way the barrel looks.

    I also want to thank @Clone201 and @DrX2345 for getting a good start with what they know so far. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!