criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yes, you can have my stuff.

KazJim
45 posts Member
edited September 2018
G'day all, just an obligatory post to let EA/Dice know that i'm leaving.

I paid full Australian price for this game ($80+/-), and played every day.
I'm not very good, i'd even say I'm terrible, but I enjoyed it.
I checked the forums every day for news, exciting updates and progress on bugs.

Then the Ping sites issue occurred.
At first it was frustrating, but I could eventually get into a game of GA (only mode I played due to feeling 'not good enough' for the smaller modes)
Then, I could get no games at all.

Ea/Dice first said that 'it will be fixed'
....but it wasn't fixed ... 8+ weeks passed.
I still checked the forums every day.
Then ... ever other day....
Then .. maybe once a week when I remembered.

The Patch was released.
I couldn't get a game.
I tried the next day... still no game.
Then ... I got one, I can now get in every time - so it IS fixed for me.

But, it's not the same, it's lost it's shine, it's tarnished by the lack of response by the team to game-breaking issues.
OP Palpatine lasted nearly 2 months, crouch 'perfect aim' heavies lasted way longer than that...

My point is, I've gone back to WoW ... a game with weekly maintenance (sure, for us in Australia it is in prime playing time, but it's a sacrifice), HOTFIXES that are released very quickly (think 24 hour turn arounds..) and a communicative dev/support team.

I'm sure F8RGE and EA_Tom are doing what they can, but it's not enough.

This will get lost in the myriad of other 'i QUIT' posts, but I felt I had to make it.

Thanks for the fun, I'll log in and play occasionally, probably Tuesday nights when WoW has its maintenance, but it's over.

Cheers
{MOD EDIT: Language}

Replies

• AbyssWatch3r
    4429 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Goodbye. To be fair, I'm in the same boat as well, I'm playing just on the actual day of the patches now to see if anythings changed for the better. It has not. For everything right they do, its like they have to do something wrong to balance it out, ergo nothings changed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Fair enough. They can't expect all of us to hang on to this game while they drip feed us content.
  • I don't need your stuff.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • chewielovesu
    637 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    try US Virginia (or US Oregon & Germany) servers, i'm outside the US and have no problems getting games for PC especially GA and HvV, i see alot of players in the old Australia servers playing there as well

and I don't have issues with lag

hope this helps :D
  • I don't blame you. Blizzard has always been world class in their service and overall quality. I remember someone tricking me on WoW years ago to pay them a bunch of gold for an item and they never gave the item but the support team very professionally and promptly resolved the matter for me and reimbursed my gold. It's simple things like that that greatly enhance your faith in the studio and the game knowing that they have your back if something goes terribly wrong and as a result it keeps you playing rather than leaving.

Cheers and all the best.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • This could have been one of the greatest games. But this is EA... Nuff said... Have fun in WoW!
  • Yeah I’m over it at this point too. HvV is still so ridiculously bug ridden that it’s lost 90% of its appeal for me, and the rest of the game modes have been stale a long time. Can’t even find Extraction matches.

Whenever I play, it’s at most two matches and I’m over it. Time to move on, unfortunately.
  • i dont blame you but sad to see you go.... you were obviously loyal to this game through a lot (and where many others have jumped ship long ago).

The lack of attention this game has received is killing it. i hate to think of the hours i have put in this game... and i have a love hate relationship with it... i love it as its the best star wars game out there at the moment.. but i hate it as its neglected and no new content has been forthcoming in a year, it bugged/ping issue etc (list could go on and on).

lots of good players have left and now when i play its all new players which is infuriating at times.. i find myself leaving games in disgust pretty regularly and then i switch it off or play something else...

the rot has definitely set in & it wont be long before i too leave for good (unless there's a complete turnaroud).

• I am usually against ‘I quit’ posts, but in this case, I do not blame you. I too play only once a week, but sometimes not even that and for the exact same reasons you have just listed (and more).
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Ashame to see another one bite the dust.

I think like you alot, I love WoW for their highly responsive team, they ban exploiters/hackers without a second though, they respond to tens of thousands of player issues personally on a monthly basis. But they do have the funding to do this and hire thousands of employees, WoW alone rakes in probably 250m a year off of monthly fee's and alot off of side purchases and merchandise. This games mistake was the direction it went in financially and ultimately left behind 13 guys to alternate who gets what days off in the office so the place can be operational 5 days a week.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • xmasterful wrote: »
    I don't blame you. Blizzard has always been world class in their service and overall quality.

Overwatch changed my mind about that.
  • I hate to nitpick, but if you're still going to log in and play sometimes, you aren't leaving. Snap the disc in half or trade it to gamestop. Which makes me think, is that the video game store of choice in Australia? or do you all have something else?
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I hate to nitpick, but if you're still going to log in and play sometimes, you aren't leaving. Snap the disc in half or trade it to gamestop. Which makes me think, is that the video game store of choice in Australia? or do you all have something else?

One of the main Australian stores is EB Games.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Morgancarr wrote: »
    i dont blame you but sad to see you go.... you were obviously loyal to this game through a lot (and where many others have jumped ship long ago).

The lack of attention this game has received is killing it. i hate to think of the hours i have put in this game... and i have a love hate relationship with it... i love it as its the best star wars game out there at the moment.. but i hate it as its neglected and no new content has been forthcoming in a year, it bugged/ping issue etc (list could go on and on).

lots of good players have left and now when i play its all new players which is infuriating at times.. i find myself leaving games in disgust pretty regularly and then i switch it off or play something else...

the rot has definitely set in & it wont be long before i too leave for good (unless there's a complete turnaroud).

That's what I hate about this. Easily the best star wars game at the moment and they're neglecting it. It just hurts the amount of potential this game has and isn't being realised.
    I'm happy we're at least getting new content and the upcoming heroes/map have me excited. But we needed these much sooner. Or more on the horizon once this is done.
  • KazJim
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Today I read that Geonosis was released, and thought I'd give it another try...
    72GB later, I launched and surprise, surprise - immediate game!

Or so I thought

It hung, or seemed to hang, or something... zero feedback from game.. then again 5 mins later up popped 'a connection to the server has failed' (Paraphrasing)

Tried for the next 15 mins to get another game - nothing.

Great to see the improvements over the last nearly three months - a credit to Dice/EA.
    I just can't play them here in Australia on a Saturday afternoon... is there a better time I should try??

*Sigh