criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Boba Fett is still hiding inside of walls on the Hoth HvV map.

Boba Fett is still able to hide inside of walls on the Hoth HvV map. These are some screenshots of him hiding in the walls, they aren't the best but he is indeed inside of the walls. I can provide a full video if need be.

hu6o7nxqgsd0.jpg
ivnpkc0od5o6.jpg
le25nbdghyjb.jpg
uf1fc4f41o7x.jpg
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thanks for the report, forwarding this :)
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• chaostheory7777
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Hey, me and my buddies were in that match with you. Boba definitely ruined match.

He can also still get into the windowed rooms on kamino. Was in a game last week where 2 of them were in there at same time.
    Post edited by chaostheory7777 on
  • Hey, me and my buddies were in that match with you. Boba definitely ruined match.

He can also still get into the windowed rooms on kamino. Was in a game last week where 2 of them were in there at same time.

So this is still a thing?
    g1008ehkzvj5.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Yep, wonder if that boba is one of them.
  • There is a spot on jabbas palace now too. Darth maul was in the walls the entire match
  • Had Rey hiding in the wall on Yavin today. Loser.
    #StarWars-y
  • I'm surprised the walls were fixed. They said they did in the last patch or I'm I wrong?

I played a few times when a challenge pops up, but I quit the game mode since my characters are maxed.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • they need to lower the height ceiling on that map.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • So when the patch notes were released and reported, officially, that these map glitches would be fixed and that, specifically, Boba Fett would no longer have any place to hide, what they really meant was we didn’t do anything except for fix the Bespin roof, and anything else we “fixed” seemed to work on our end but never does on the user end, again, again, again, again.

p.s. Maul’s saber throw still not registering properly (since March you guys), and Darth Vader’s choke bug is still very much a prominent thing (since launch), even though these were also officially reported as fixed.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • It’s ok. It’s not the player or the character. It’s the target system, thus making this a viable/legit/valid strategy.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Target system initiates hunt, run and hide behaviour which is suppose to happen, but using glitches isn't so great, adding timer and fixing map glitches is very important to make this game mode more playable. Otherwise TDM would be other solution, maybe too simplified solution. We also need light side hero who can use jetpack, Obi-Wan Kenobi could use jetpack, but then he would loose other force abilities or if you could select JetPack trooper instead of hero.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Wonder if and when the devs are ever going to give up, admit they can't win, and just killswitch Bob?

I mean they did it for Palpy when he was never actually breaking the game. OP? Maybe, but you could still kill him

It's not like we'd really notice. Noone plays him in GA, and 90% of Bobs I run into in HvV/HS are garbage tier runners/glitchers bottoming out the scoreboard.

What I don't understand is how they're having so much trouble with this. I don't remember him hiding in walls in BF2015, which was the same game engine.

He could still camp out on certain maps in places only he could reach, but he wasn't glitching into walls.

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    It’s ok. It’s not the player or the character. It’s the target system, thus making this a viable/legit/valid strategy.

Well according to these forums running away and hiding is a legit strategy. Some players stay up all night drawing blueprints for such elaborate and pre-meditated advanced strategies..
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Working as intended. Move along.