criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Matchmaking

Replies

• KrewZi wrote: »
    The player base for PC players from Australia and New Zealand is small. It can take sending out invites to friends to get a Galactic Assault match going. When we do get a match going it would be best to have the same players stay on the server but scramble the teams after each map IF the teams are unbalanced. The NZ/AU pc player base is to small to be sending players to different servers after a map has finished.

Also PC players from Australia and New Zealand only get low ping to Australia server. All other servers we are getting at least 200 ping which gives connection warnings and plenty of lag related issues.

I don't want to be put on laggy servers IF we got an Australian server GA match going.

Most of the time i play on usa servers but when there's an Australian server GA match going there's no way i'm playing on usa servers.

To add to that we had a GA game lobby nearly full. I used the matchmaking system to search for a server in Australia and instead of putting me in the lobby that needed me it put me in to an empty lobby... I had to join the game via friends list instead. WhY???

Other things to note after this patch. Player settings being reset to 0 not being able to choose my weapons. Points and data not being displayed after a match. Server messsage "sorry the game has already ended unable to show your statistics" as if we didn't play at all.

Me just randomly dying as I spawn in Galactic Assault.. why do companies with small player bases do this...
  • Until you add private servers for groups and break up premades at EOR you will never achieve anything noticeable except good solo players will be left with weaker teams or weak teams will loose their good solo players
  • What if groups have to fight a team with a similarly size group?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 28
    Until you add private servers for groups and break up premades at EOR you will never achieve anything noticeable except good solo players will be left with weaker teams or weak teams will loose their good solo players
    The failure of this game is that lack of engaging "good solo players" to mentor the newbs into good team players. Good solo players tend to end up on the podium, but regularly end up on the losing side I've found. Not an asset for any side IMO, regardless of their kill score.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 28
    What if groups have to fight a team with a similarly size group?

The key to your statement is "What if groups have to fight a team".
    That common issue this game needs to find a way to encourage. They had a good idea with the bonus points for those in a squad, the execution was incredibly poor. I always felt that at least two players within a certain proximity to each other would get bonus points for playing as a fire team. The problem was that the code required something like 2 minutes near a "certain" team mate(s) before the bonus multiplier would kick in. That almost never happened.
    In this game, fire teams own any mode.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • adlykiddy
    6 posts Member
    edited September 28
    Matchmaking is still awful and sqaud system somehow made it worse. If it continues even after Geonosis I’m definitely deleting this game.

Edited to remove swears. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • New_Roosterman
    360 posts Member
    edited September 29
    So you turned the matchmaking on? If so, it has failed just like all the tests. I was just playing Star Fighter Assault on the US Virginia Server (PC player). We lost when defending on the last phase (the opp team had around 70 tickets left), whilst we got handed our backsides as when my team were attacking they stopped us in the 1st phase. At the round's end we had 12 on each team.

So, if the matchmaking kicked in (which as it said it was searching for SFA I thought it was) and when it moved me to Ryloth this is what I was confronted with -

m02mkxccx61m.png

So we went from a full game with 24 players, to a lobby with 5.

If this is what your "matchmaking" is going to do, I think it might be time for me to leave this game as I don't want to play 1 round, and then go to 3/4 empty lobbies due to your poor matchmaking algorithms. You refuse to listen to us players, as during each test you have run, you insist in persisting with this approach and it has never worked. Doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results is an exercise in futility. You guys seem to like trashing your own reputations.

This matchmaking design does not work. I now have to go and try and find a new game :-(
    Post edited by New_Roosterman on
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    Until you add private servers for groups and break up premades at EOR you will never achieve anything noticeable except good solo players will be left with weaker teams or weak teams will loose their good solo players
    The failure of this game is that lack of engaging "good solo players" to mentor the newbs into good team players. Good solo players tend to end up on the podium, but regularly end up on the losing side I've found. Not an asset for any side IMO, regardless of their kill score.

Heh, on PS4 how is the good solo player supposed to mentor newbs with no communications available in game?
  • Downloaded update on Friday night and still haven't been able to get a game. I know I'm in NZ where the PC player base is smaller, but I was hoping that the balancing would have fixed it.

#stillsodisappointed.
    #whatnext

I'm not sure what the solution is either, but I know that if I spend more time waiting for a game than actually playing, it will turn most people away from the game.
  • The matchmaking update is a joke, in fact with squad mode it has worsen, now the game in GA is either you’re winning at every round or losing badly.
  • adlykiddy wrote: »
    The matchmaking update is a joke, in fact with squad mode it has worsen, now the game in GA is either you’re winning at every round or losing badly.

100% agree
  • Matchmaking is currently turned off people....why is it so hard to read? We are waiting for them to hotfix the bugs in the squad system then turn matchmaking on. So until that happens we have nothing about the new matchmaking to judge.
  • adlykiddy wrote: »
    The matchmaking update is a joke, in fact with squad mode it has worsen, now the game in GA is either you’re winning at every round or losing badly.

It's not turned on yet.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    adlykiddy wrote: »

It's not turned on yet.

Badum tsssss!
    Actually, had a great day today. They did something, just don't know what. Very balanced.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited October 6
    The only games available is GA and HvV and the empty lobby rate there is still 90%, everything else is nothing but empty lobbies 100% of the time. It doesn't matter if/when they turn it on or not, nothing changed when they ran their trials of it in the past and you know that nothing has changed since then. Just more bad programming and when they turn on matchmaking, it'll probably just make Palpatine OP again, keep Vader's choke animation going (oh wait, that hasn't been fixed even after 7 announcements), and make the Reward spamming message occur during the game along with increasing the number of empty lobbies.
    Post edited by creativepup on
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    adlykiddy wrote: »

It's not turned on yet.

It is now.
  • creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited October 9
    After matchmaking turned on, even more empty lobbies. DICE fails again. Their new matchmaking system even managed to empty the GA lobbies. They should just be like Costanza and do the opposite.

1xdtm73ydpuj.jpg
    wdai1sen6244.jpg
    pdtdwgsyv9h6.jpg
    yel92udb5gg5.jpg
    s2ebdq1r9xqv.jpg
  • This new matchmaking system is awesome!

1iw2lpa8q5r4.jpg
  • creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited October 9
    I pressed the Matchmake button after a completely full round of GA Kashyyyk and got dumped into a 90% empty server. I guess that's progress for these clowns. Benny will declare it's working and have the devs waste another 6 months to move a chicken on Takodana.

nf55qfnfyatv.jpg
  • Let's take a close look at what the current state of the game is:
    1) GA is noted because matchmaking is broken and continues to break full matches of 40 up into 40 individual servers just like it did before which means nothing has been done to the broken system.
    2) High Ground panel is noted because it doesn't count the time and you can't get reward.
    3) Protect Your Neck is noted because:
    a) You can't get reward because it doesn't count nor has it ever counted.
    b) Nothing but empty lobbies.
    4) Reward message spamming is back and QA approved it.
    5) Wolfpack skin is still wrong in every possible way. So are all of the other skins.

50v5l80netj0.jpg
  • Let's take a close look at what the current state of the game is:
    1) GA is noted because matchmaking is broken and continues to break full matches of 40 up into 40 individual servers just like it did before which means nothing has been done to the broken system.
    2) High Ground panel is noted because it doesn't count the time and you can't get reward.
    3) Protect Your Neck is noted because:
    a) You can't get reward because it doesn't count nor has it ever counted.
    b) Nothing but empty lobbies.
    4) Reward message spamming is back and QA approved it.
    5) Wolfpack skin is still wrong in every possible way. So are all of the other skins.

50v5l80netj0.jpg

1-Didn't happen to me. Maybe a glitch in the system? But why do O have to matchmake? What if it is balanced, and both teams like it?

5-But they look awesome, so, ya know... Let's leave em.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • I know the matchmaking was being tested this past few days, and here's what happened to us on PS4. We were playing with a squad (ranging 3-8 players as some arrived or left).

When the map switched, we usually stayed together, which is an improvement over last time I saw testing, but occasionally a few players were bumped out of the game. In these cases, it was sometimes difficult to rejoin, and a couple of times we all had to leave for the menus and just get into a new game to start together again.

We found ourselves in nicely balanced games a few times, and it was really frustrating that we got pulled out of those balanced mixes and forced into new groups with a terrible imbalance for the next game. For example, we were pulled out of a server with a really balanced 12 on 12 mix in Starfighter Assault, then the next game was 11 on 1 with new randoms (by this I mean players not in our group), and stayed that way until about halfway through the next game. This happened a number of times.

We found the search time for a new server between games to be quite long, and sometimes we were dumped somewhere waiting a long time for new players to show up.

The map rotation was squirrelly. We played Unknown Regions and D'Qar a lot. We played for a few hours and never got Kamino in the rotation.

Between rounds, each player would get a message that they themselves were searching for a new game, even though none of us touched anything to initiate a new game.

The game was still playable, but we all were frustrated that there were only a very few times that we as a group had a smooth transition from one game to the next, it seemed like each time was new weird frustrating problem.
  • SITHLORDNEPHLIEM
    3 posts Member
    edited October 11
    w2bxbd7pa74x.png

And you guys said that the balancing issue is gonna be resolved??? I don't see that in this screenshot I took from my recent game couldn't do nothing couldn't earn any heroes and couldn't even move out of spawn. FIX. THIS. PLEASE. AND GET YOUR HEADS OUT YOUR ****!!! AND PUT IN THE DAMN BALANCING UPDATE ALREADY!? My youngest brother just got the game and he couldn't do nothing...so please I will say this one more time. FIX...THIS...NOW!!!
    Post edited by SITHLORDNEPHLIEM on
  • ChuckG wrote: »
    I love SW, and I'm relatively new to FPS. I really hope matchmaking works. In both SWBF and SWBF2, I continually get loaded into games with so many advanced players. I cannot progress since I'm simply KD fodder within mere seconds of spawning in. While I practice in the many offline modes, I cannot enjoy any of the multiplayer experiences or even attempt to get better. This makes the game literally unplayable for me, so I leave many matches frustrated at the online multiplayer experience. I'm sure I'm not alone.

You are not alone in this bro. I am also one of those causal gamers that works hard and once home all I wanna do is play a nice competitive match on both sides not being dominated by one team and not being able to use the heroes for either side or not being able to rank up any of my classes without getting out of the spawn area. Have a look as this screenshot I took earlier this morning when they "finally" fixed the xbox servers...

om2x2demdcns.png
  • Hi I'd like to comment about the "Matchmake" feature that occurs that end of a game and which you have been testing. I have found this feature extremely buggy and in most cases game destroying. It doesn't work properly. Many people are shafted out of their games or get stuck on the stats page. The big problem though is that it destroys the lobby... We had a full game of 40 people... after the matchmaking feature the lobby is reduced to 20 people... this isn't going to help anyone... not us and not you the provider.. You want more people to play not less right?

Please just sort out a shuffle feature it's hard enough to bring a group of people together... but with this match make feature it's hard to keep them. Let us play together. Let the lobby stay as it is and just shuffle the teams... it kills all game modes and is a disastrous attempt at matchmaking...
  • Your joking right. Did you turn Matchmaking ON Again??? This is absurd. You totally destroyed player base for 2 days when you used it on October 2018. Today October 12 (I get this garbage error "matchmaking wasn't able to find a game" or something, requiring me to exit to main menu and start a new search for a game. Galactic Assault. The second time Matchmaking starts it sends me once again to AN EMPTY FRICKEN SERVER. What is wrong with you Developers, are you trying to end this games player base or what??)
    179c18z85lch.jpg
  • Stop with the broke **** matchmaking already, it does nothing but put you in a new lobby and make you wait just to play same map again. How is anyone supposed to play through til they get the map they want. Total ****
  • Think I am giving up on Bf2. Matchmaking is so frustrating. Have to wait for a server at the end of every round is boring. I don’t get a lot of time and now I get to play less.
    Just sort the players at the end of the game by total score, divide teams befor next round and play the next game.
    Will try again next weekend to see if they have abandoned matchmaking. If not, I think I’ll find another game.
  • Match making is not good right now at all. i suggest that instead of trying to rush out the new system for finding matches, it should be reworked on for longer. right now as i type, i've been in a matchmaking lobby in HvV for over 10 minutes. the amount of time that i spent waiting for the lobby to fill up gave me enough time to type this all out. seriously though, the new matchmaking system right now is just as comparable to the old system of how the game would want to make new lobbies instead of filling p existing ones. now it has been 15 minutes into the lobby. if we could go back to the system that you Devs have created just a few weeks ago, that'd be great and beneficial to all of your loyal followers and first order. its not optimizing filling up lobbies
  • news update: because of the new matchmaking system that the devs are testing out, i have played the exact same map 4 times in a row right now. this is very frustrating. just stop with the matchmaking. theres no point to it.
  • creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Turn this EFFIN matchmaking trash off. All this POS does is split up FULL matches to empty servers. Seriously DICE/EA, you are by far the dumbest collection of developers, marketing and gaming people on the planet. Every single thing you touch turns to complete trash. Just give up and shut down these servers so everyone can go back to BF1 and play something other than wasting time in empty lobbies of Whatever Showdown and Whatever Hunt.

• creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Instead of wasting time turning this stupid matchmaking system on and off when IT HAS NEVER WORKED, how about spending time uninstalling the untested September patch so people can actually play.

TURN OFF THIS WORTHLESS MATCHMAKING SYSTEM.

39 players from a Naboo match to a Kamino match with 5 players. Are your devs really this incompetent? I want Dennis Brannvall or whatever his name is to actually define what matchmaking means. I guarantee he doesn't get past "uhhh."
  • Haven't played for a few days.
    Played last night (PS4) and noticed Matchmaking turned back on.
    In GA I had to quit after I was being sent to Kashyyk for a 4th time in a row.
    The second match was perfectly balanced. Eliminations and score on both teams were consistent, both teams had the same number of players the entire match, etc.
    I saw absolutely zero reason for Matchmaking to kick in. But it did. And back to the same map I was already on for 2 matches. I played it out, but this one our team had 3 less players until the very end. Matchmaking kicked in again and I was once more on my way to Kashyyk...
    In this system it is highly unlikely you will see more than 1 or 2 maps, and that is just plain bad...
  • Oh my gosh the match making is so bad! Every good game I was in tonight after the match was over, I got put into an empty lobby. Why not just mix up the teams in the same game???

So broken!
  • The match making sucks!!
  • Keep getting put in empty lobbies. We use to be able to play round after round with the same groups of players. Please please turn the match making off.
  • Matchmaking keeps putting me into empty lobbies. Please turn this feature off.
  • Sniper_Elite5797
    229 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Engine is terrible! Consistently being sent to rooms half full or waiting for games. As usual it is DICE at thier best! Stinky
  • Hammers76
    3 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Great matchmaking (sarcastic clap), you moved me from a well balanced round of strike to a lobby where it was unbalanced. Great job........ NOT
    Post edited by Hammers76 on
  • Matchmaking has killed the game, once again, for Oceanic servers.

When will EA and Dice start listening to their customers and introduce a server browser?
    What do we have to do, as customers? Buy shares in each company?
    Will that make EA and Dice listen?
  • Oh my gosh the match making is so bad! Every good game I was in tonight after the match was over, I got put into an empty lobby. Why not just mix up the teams in the same game???

So broken!

"Why not just mix up the teams in the same game???"
    It shouldn't be that difficult to realize, should it?

As it is now , Matchmaking is worse than not having it at all.
  • The match making is so bad and so shity ! Every game I was in tonight after the match was over, I got put into a empty lobby and again waiting for players too connecting :s
  • Scmorg
    18 posts Member
    edited October 24
    Just played a great competitive 2 rounds on Kamino GA (PS4)...competitive on both sides. Apparently enough people hit the matchmaking magic button (I did not) and ended up in an empty lobby that didn’t fill. After 20 minutes of curiosity to see if it would fill, I had to quit the lobby. So either your matchmaking system is worthless or people have really abandoned the game. Oh and the lag is back and I had a server lock up and crash in the middle of a match yesterday. How am I supposed to play a game that won’t let me play????

Listen EA or whomever the powers that be, There are things I absolutely love about this game, but the glitches are killing this game, or at the least frustrating the players to the point of leaving. I fear what is going to be wrong after the Grevious/Geonosis update?

I haven’t reached the point where I want to leave...yet. Please fix the “Nuts and bolts” issues. Some of us don’t care about aesthetics.
  • Glad to know that I'm not the only one that's angry with the development and usability of this dismal failure of a game.
  • I've notice that it tkes the best players and swaps them to the other team with their best players at times. Example, I and another guy were top of our HvV game. Matchmaking started and put him with the top 2 players on the other team and gave me a bunch of randoms. Great.
    They stayed together after the next matchmaking and I again got a new bunch of randoms.

MM is ruining the game and there was no need for it.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Hereos vs villains. It is very frustrating when the game match makes and keeps putting you on one side (light or dark). It’s very annoying honestly and made me stop playing
  • In modes other than GA this EOR "matchmaking" system doesn't work. You are lucky if you go 2 x maps before you wind up in an empty lobby. It DOES NOT lead to more balanced matches at all, as it works on a faulty premise, namely that the new players added to an existing lobby are as good or better than the one already there, which you cannot guarantee.
  • EOR matchmaking puts you into an empty game every time. WTF is the point of this? Its completely broken. Please fix this!
  • Get rid of this stupid matchmaking .. night after night we sit in an empty sever for an hour to get it going to get enough players only to have it wrecked after one round by the match maker .. end of game for the night every time .. for christ sake turn it off