criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Matchmaking

13Next

Replies

• Since this **** matchkilling garbage is supposed to be attached to a kill switch, JUST FLICK THE **** SWITCH OFF ALREADY! You say you listen to the community...well the community HATES this **** matchkilling trash and want it permanently removed. It accomplishes absolutely nothing.
  • Any news on when EoR MM will be switched off? Even fixed will do? Or the known issues addressed? Haven't had a decent session since EoR MM started
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • I was having issues with matchmaking effecting the squad system. A friend and I would party up prior to a match and then search for a game. While the search times were decent, the issue would arise when we would load into the match. It was a rare occurrence for us to end up in the same squad. Once we would finally get into a match and be in the same squad, the EoR would occur and kick us to a new lobby. Then the headache would start all over again of trying to attempt to be in the same squad. It would even put us in barely populated servers and still have us in separate squads. This mechanic makes it frustrating to try and play as a squad when we barely are ever in the same squad. We had roughly, a 1 in 4 success rate with being in the same squad and wanted to know if this issue has been effecting other players.
  • So this is still on ?
    Any meaningful comment ? Especially addressing empty lobbies, breaking map rotation, dividing squads, changing game mode ? And i do really like to know, if you say you listen, ok thats fine. We now would expect some answers
  • Fix the ******* matchmaking
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    To give some further insight on this. The EOR matchmaking will be turned on after the update is live, it won't be active straight away.

Once we're happy with the updates stability we will turn on the EOR matchmaking for a 24 hour period and monitor how it goes. From there, we can turn on / off as required. Your feedback will be vital during this time.

we required that you turn it off. this is our vital feedback. killswitch it until it works correctly. it changes the mode we are playing , put us in empty lobbies. in HvV it just mix the team with the same players. fuller lobbies ? yes and no. if we joined an empty lobbie, maybe yes if we waited for 10-15 minutes . i never wait that long.
  • astrotrain101
    335 posts Member
    edited November 18
    What ever mode you turned EoR MM to on Saturday arvo Australian time please turn it back to that. For them several hours the game played like the first hero's unleashed just with a bit of a shuffle. It worked great but this is all we(my friends) have had that works since the launch of EoR MM.

Or was it an anomaly?

Because today all I can get is one map, which for me, describes the last 3 weeks of playing Star Wars Battlefront 2

Anything, anyone, any company involved in the production of anything Star Wars should be considered a privilege and not abused. End the test please this is unfair to Battlefront 2

Need my scanner fixed please
  • Please get rid of the saber noise in the menu . its godam annoying.. and get rid of the match making .. all it eevr does is crash the game with an error.
  • Shame on you EA. Looks like that a bunch of lazy interns developed the matchmaking . It does not work I have to wait an era to be placed in a server with enough players to be dropped in a desert and desolate server at the end...not to mention connection issues that lags and drops frequently
  • By the way I have awaited for 13' to play and played for 2' because I was dropped.
  • TOPIC: Vehicles weekend and diminishing player counts in Galactic Assault.

So yesterday I was playing and taking advantage of the 75% off vehicles promotion and noticed there were problems filling up the two sides in Galactic Assault even during this generous promotion. I am starting to wonder if we are seeing the effects of two big new game releases last week and the weeks before (RDR2 and BFV)? I still try to balance my time between various games and would hate to see this game's multiplayer battles become long lobby waits, waiting for players to join the battle.

Please someone tell me this is just a glitch with the Matchmaking system and not a massive fall-off of players already.
  • I know exactly what you mean. As soon as one side gets a couple of players averaging 50-100 kills on a round GA, you start seeing people fall off the rotation. I have all my Troopers at level 70 and all cards at purple (Epic), with all guns and their mods unlocked, but it took me nearly a full year of grinding to get there. I still only average 15-25 kills per round and almost NEVER get in the top 5. But just think, If you stuck all top players together in a single round how that would look? You would never see a GA round get past the first attacking stage of the three stages. Each round would be over in about 3 minutes, then back to waiting in line.....

This is really some complex Artificial Intelligence work needed to figure out the right balance. I am not sure there is a "Perfect Matchmaking" algorithm available at this time either.
  • Goomas wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. As soon as one side gets a couple of players averaging 50-100 kills on a round GA, you start seeing people fall off the rotation. I have all my Troopers at level 70 and all cards at purple (Epic), with all guns and their mods unlocked, but it took me nearly a full year of grinding to get there. I still only average 15-25 kills per round and almost NEVER get in the top 5. But just think, If you stuck all top players together in a single round how that would look? You would never see a GA round get past the first attacking stage of the three stages. Each round would be over in about 3 minutes, then back to waiting in line.....

This is really some complex Artificial Intelligence work needed to figure out the right balance. I am not sure there is a "Perfect Matchmaking" algorithm available at this time either.

...there is no AI involved in MM ....just basic calculations
  • Goomas wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. As soon as one side gets a couple of players averaging 50-100 kills on a round GA, you start seeing people fall off the rotation. I have all my Troopers at level 70 and all cards at purple (Epic), with all guns and their mods unlocked, but it took me nearly a full year of grinding to get there. I still only average 15-25 kills per round and almost NEVER get in the top 5. But just think, If you stuck all top players together in a single round how that would look? You would never see a GA round get past the first attacking stage of the three stages. Each round would be over in about 3 minutes, then back to waiting in line.....

...there is no AI involved in MM ....just basic calculations

I wonder what variables they use for that calculation? We can rule out class levels, Kill to Death ratios, or overall player rank. For the life of me I have no idea what they are using to "Calculate" who goes where. I am thinking it is 100% random. They just sprinkle people on maps hoping to fill a 40 player roster eventually. Just the other day I played 3 rounds on Kamino each time as a Clone Trooper. ... .... Matchmaking in Progress....... (Should say, please wait, the same map you just played is reloading for the 3rd time today.)... LOL
  • Coyubo wrote: »
    Shame on you EA. Looks like that a bunch of lazy interns developed the matchmaking . It does not work I have to wait an era to be placed in a server with enough players to be dropped in a desert and desolate server at the end...not to mention connection issues that lags and drops frequently

they seriously need to do what they did with battlefield and add a damn server browser.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • Got in one and a half matches on Genosis yesterday. EORMM kicked in and it searched for a new game for five minutes before it crashed and booted me back to main. Why is this thing still on?
  • It still doesn't work like any normal person would expect it to. The name is misleading to say the least.