criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

All I can say is lol. I assume most of you all heard that EA is picking a fight with Belgium right? Its pretty sad but they were told to end look boxes in Belgium or there would be trouble. Personally, I'd like to see Andrew Wilson getting roasted in Belgium's court lol. Nothing personal Moderators but a company does have to comply with international laws whether they like it or not and that includes gambling laws.

Is this going to hurt Battlefront 2? Not anymore. However; It was the game that forced Belgium its hand lol.

Replies

• They could just not sell the game in Belgium and then offer a discount deal in a neighboring country. Then put extra stocks of physical copies in border towns and there you go. You have now circumvented Belgium laws because your game is not sold directly in that country.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • They could just not sell the game in Belgium and then offer a discount deal in a neighboring country. Then put extra stocks of physical copies in border towns and there you go. You have now circumvented Belgium laws because your game is not sold directly in that country.

Right you are there. They could do that. However; If other countries were to follow suit of what Belgium is doing later on and put it out there, That could present a serious problem. I imagine I might happen.

I personally hate seeing AAA game titles having any form of gambling involved.
  • Wing02k6 wrote: »
    I personally hate seeing AAA game titles having any form of gambling involved.

I hate to say it, but Battlefront 2 is anything but a 'AAA' title. When EA/DICE doesn't treat it like one, it shouldn't be considered one.
  • Videogames tied to a movie tend to fail always.
    This song is dedicated to you...
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Videogames tied to a movie tend to fail always.

Lego games do very successfully.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Videogames tied to a movie tend to fail always.

Lego games do very successfully.

What's very succesful it's Lego franchise itself, anyway, these games are based on movies and not tied to a movie release, and that's the problem with SWBF, it was developed in a very short time, AAA games needs more time IMO.
    This song is dedicated to you...
  • Wing02k6
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I agree Alex. AAA games need more time before being released. I played God of War on the PS4 and it was fantastic. It was worth the wait they had to make us deal with. In the end, results an A++. That game had an excellent Metacritic score and made headways in sales. Best thing was, Its a PS4 exclusive. Studio Santa Monica showed us an example of what true AAA games need to be. No Microtransaction, No Loot-Boxes, and No Games as a Service. Just honest gaming.

Im still annoyed that EA's CEO and CFO said that we consumers don't care for Single Player games when those type of games ARE what create the foundations of game development. We consumers proved them wrong big time with God of War and with Spider-Man that just recently released only on PS4.
  • Wing02k6
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Oh boy... Ill admit that this was unexpected.. This just became a very large fire. I think we know who we have to thank for that.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-17-15-european-gambling-regulators-unite-to-tackle-loot-box-threat