criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Give us more Extraction Maps Please.

Replies

• ExtractionFan69
    721 posts Member
    edited January 15
    I managed to find Kessel after Death Star in a one hour long Strike/Extraction Session. So I believe Jabba's comes after Takodana and Kessel comes after Death Star.

Jabba naturally falls after Kessel, but you can be moved to another server/match cycle after playing attack & defense on any planet
  • I managed to find Kessel after Death Star in a one hour long Strike/Extraction Session. So I believe Jabba's comes after Takodana and Kessel comes after Death Star.

Jabba naturally falls after Kessel, but you can be moved to another server/match cycle after playing attack & defense on any planet

Weird. Kessel I've just seen once since the merge, but Jabba's I've already seen twice, and both times coming just after Takodana.

I'd say I'd check this out next time I play Strike/Extraction, but who knows when this will be possible. Since the merge I only managed to find extraction 3 times, from which one was a totally unbalanced match favoring the enemy team, one was an underwhelming 2v2 that was a very close match, and the last one didn't even start because there weren't enough players after the only 2 enemies left because of how badly balanced the strike on Takodana had been before that.

I never managed to see what comes after these maps, as the lobby got empty before the 2nd round could play (and in one attempt not even the first round had enough players to start it)
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I have had good luck, yesterday it only took 5-7 tries to pull up Kessel, I am on Xbone One

when I get Kessel I always get Jabba immediately after the Kessel matches (unfortunately Jabba is an uphill battle for Rebels so those matches tend to end before the first checkpoint)

I don't know if EA has different code for PC that would affect this
  • btw it would be great if someone in dev (@EA_Tom?) could confirm how the Strike/Extraction cycle is setup, I'm not 100% sure when Kessel comes up in the rotation, I wouldn't be averse to playing one Strike match if I knew Kessel would come immediately after, but I'm not sure what planet comes before Kessel
  • YESSS! And bring them to arcade too!
  • Unmerge extraction and add more maps please.
  • YESSS! And bring them to arcade too!

Why not? It's better than wasting developer time on ewok hunt.
  • Dice: “No we ain’t gonna make extraction maps, it’s a dead mode. Ok but let’s add a new map and mechanics to a mode that’s even more dead. No you won’t get anything this time, now start playing strike.”
  • I wonder if they play tested "Extraction" with A.I.? I'm pretty sure all the other modes they did. Perhaps we can push for Offline Extraction with A.I.. At least we could play it more and then we could ask for more maps. Just a thought.
    “There is always hope.”
  • The only thing more frustrating than the current Extraction arrangement is that this particular part of the Battlefront community is being so roundly ignored by the developers.

Perhaps by merging with the mode with Strike they are suggesting that's what we do...go on Strike!
  • Strike should be removed from the game and Extraction should get all of its maps.
    "Rise."
  • Strike should be removed from the game and Extraction should get all of its maps.

Let's not open hostilities against our fellow Strike Players. Soon they'll probably join us when DICE merges Blast and Strike because of Ewok Hunt 2, which will definetly deserve its own tile alongside OG Ewok Hunt
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Why even bother adding this mode if you aren't gonna give it more content over time?

Let's not open hostilities against our fellow Strike Players. Soon they'll probably join us when DICE merges Blast and Strike because of Ewok Hunt 2, which will definetly deserve its own tile alongside OG Ewok Hunt

No hostility toward any player here, just the devs. I have spoken.
    "Rise."
  • ExtractionFan69
    721 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Strike is not even a bad mode, but it gets tedious playing best of three rounds on both sides for each map...and even worse now that there are ridiculously unbalanced reinforcements that make many of the games too frustrating to play

if you want to go "on strike" with Strike, cancel out from the main menu if any planet but Kessel pops up in Strike/Extraction
  • Still cant get a game of Extraction... :(
  • Chico
    668 posts Member
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Still cant get a game of Extraction... :(

Same here. Tried for a few minutes last night and gave up.
  • More extraction maps please.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Still cant get a game of Extraction... :(

Played it for the first time today since the merge. Got to play both maps. Alot of fun.

More extraction maps please.
  • Still no dev ppst in here....? M'kay. :/
  • I have been playing Extraction daily, if there is any trooper-related daily objective I always complete it in Extraction
  • I have been playing Extraction daily, if there is any trooper-related daily objective I always complete it in Extraction

Please tell us your secret, how one can play Extraction everyday nowadays?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

from the multiplayer assault selection screen, choose "strike/extraction" and cancel if the planet isn't either kessel or "extraction on tatooine"... rinse and repeat

it can take a few minutes but it often finds a game quickly, 5-15 tries

I prefer Kessel because tatooine extraction comes right after, but sometimes kessel doesn't come up right away

I tried it just now and it took me 7 tries, about a minute - - which is slightly better than average...I played as rebels on kessel, match was midway, then two Jabba Palace rounds

then I excited back to menu, went in again (16 tries, 2 minutes) and got jabba palace midway on empire and played another round as rebel

I am on xbone one, ps4 should have more people and go faster
  • Something funny, when they introduced this "quick match" feature they got a lot of criticism because of it. One of F8RGE's responses to the criticisms was that this new feature would help modes like extraction be more populated.

They took away our option to play extraction freely then tried to say they care about getting players for extraction later. Never tried the quick match tile but many say it puts you in Co-Op most of the time.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I have never been too impressed with anything F8RGE has posted here
  • I've got games quitting out until kessel comes up the last two days. I was surprised how quickly it came up and the games were full.

from the multiplayer assault selection screen, choose "strike/extraction" and cancel if the planet isn't either kessel or "extraction on tatooine"... rinse and repeat

it can take a few minutes but it often finds a game quickly, 5-15 tries

I prefer Kessel because tatooine extraction comes right after, but sometimes kessel doesn't come up right away

I tried it just now and it took me 7 tries, about a minute - - which is slightly better than average...I played as rebels on kessel, match was midway, then two Jabba Palace rounds

then I excited back to menu, went in again (16 tries, 2 minutes) and got jabba palace midway on empire and played another round as rebel

I am on xbone one, ps4 should have more people and go faster

Oh well, PC on Virginia I rarely ever find one lobby of strike/extraction, so when I do, it's usually the only one available at the moment. So unfortunately PC players will have to suffer more until sense is brought back to DICE and they put it back where it belongs: its own tile under the Operations Tab. Unless those who play on Germany have a more populated server. I don't think any other server is as populated as the German one, at least on PC.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Something funny, when they introduced this "quick match" feature they got a lot of criticism because of it. One of F8RGE's responses to the criticisms was that this new feature would help modes like extraction be more populated.

They took away our option to play extraction freely then tried to say they care about getting players for extraction later. Never tried the quick match tile but many say it puts you in Co-Op most of the time.

I did. It has sent me to Co-Op, to CS, and to HvV already. It has sent me to an empty lobby once, which was Co-Op. But it seems Co-Op is the one which Quick Match sends you the most.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• Chico
    668 posts Member
    I've got games quitting out until kessel comes up the last two days. I was surprised how quickly it came up and the games were full.

I tried this on Friday night on the European xbox server. No joy, and I tried for about 5 minutes.
  • JMaster
    2478 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Something funny, when they introduced this "quick match" feature they got a lot of criticism because of it. One of F8RGE's responses to the criticisms was that this new feature would help modes like extraction be more populated.

Good god this game hurts my brain...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Chico wrote: »
    I've got games quitting out until kessel comes up the last two days. I was surprised how quickly it came up and the games were full.

I tried this on Friday night on the European xbox server. No joy, and I tried for about 5 minutes.

That's too bad. I'm on ps4 west coast. I got games within 5 tries. Maybe just lucky, but I'm going to keep trying.
  • I find it all the time. I’m just lucky.

Got it yesterday but only 2 players per side. This is specifically due to the merge.

Unmerge and add more maps to extraction please.
  • getting a bad game is random, I usually get full or nearly full games but sometimes get nearly empty ones

Got it yesterday but only 2 players per side. This is specifically due to the merge.

Unmerge and add more maps to extraction please.

You're exactly right! Before the merge I ALWAYS played in full lobbies for Extraction. The merge has scared players away
  • More eras would be amazing, too...
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    More eras would be amazing, too...

People have said before that flametroopers would be cool and I agree.

People have said before that flametroopers would be cool and I agree.

Imagine Flame Troopers in Extraction? Sick!!!
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• getting a bad game is random, I usually get full or nearly full games but sometimes get nearly empty ones

True, its difficult to say the reason for sure, due to the terrible matchmaking. I never got empty games pre merge though.

Indeed.

What happened to the my life sucks philosophy thread?
  • SO I played Extraction on BF1 for the first time and I must say the BF2 version is soooo much better. Heroes in Extraction is BAD
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    SO I played Extraction on BF1 for the first time and I must say the BF2 version is soooo much better. Heroes in Extraction is BAD

When it first launched, they only let you pick either Greedo or Leia, no kidding, then they unleashed all heroes and ruined the mode forever. (Cool players still pick them) I still play it often because the maps are fun, esp Palace Garage.
    MEMP2020, ya idjit galoots!
    yosemite-sam-gif-11.gif
    "Rise."
  • Chico
    668 posts Member
    @UNSANE_fan75, you forgot the 🐣!
  • Chico wrote: »
    @UNSANE_fan75, you forgot the 🐣!

tenor.gif?itemid=5156360
    "Rise."
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I still want Jedha City Extraction with a Hovertank...
    kdyl9z9g7jzd.png

For the love of the Force, yes.
  • More extraction maps please. 🐣
  • Wow F8rge just took a shotgun and blasted yall in the face. Lmao F8rge just comfirmed that SFA and Extraction content has always placed the lowest in community surveys.
  • Wow F8rge just took a shotgun and blasted yall in the face. Lmao F8rge just comfirmed that SFA and Extraction content has always placed the lowest in community surveys.

Do we believe him?