criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

False promises...

Prev1
What happened to new heroes, weapons, etc? This was promised before launch, but where is it now? @F8RGE can you please address this? The first season contained 2 heroes that were ready before launch, as well as a map. Aside from that, Season 2 had some skins, a small map, and an old mode that was ported over, as well as a map that was ported over.
34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
Threads Want
I want...
El-16HFE rof buff
Engineer class
OOM-9
Dual pistols
Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
Umbara
Utapau
Heavy/Light vehicle classes
Dwarf spider droid
Homing Spider Droid
Snail Tank
Saber tank
RO Jedha tank
Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
RO season

Replies

• The same thing that happened to crate system.

Things have changed.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

Not really. So much has changed since launch. Would you call them changing the initial 80k hero cost "lies and deception"?

I believe they wanted to do what they said they would do but the launch was so terrible and the community is so toxic that the lack of content makes sense.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    What happened to new heroes, weapons, etc? This was promised before launch, but where is it now? @F8RGE can you please address this? The first season contained 2 heroes that were ready before launch, as well as a map. Aside from that, Season 2 had some skins, a small map, and an old mode that was ported over, as well as a map that was ported over.

Were getting 4 new heroes in the coming months.

But at what cost?

Sure, but no weapons.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Devlin21 wrote: »

Sure, but no weapons.

Who says we're never getting any?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Welcome to the party, OP.

If onto the forums you go, only pain and unanswered questions you will find. ~ Yoda (probably)

Sure, but no weapons.

Its almost been 2 years. Now, I want the game to suceed, but most other games get content at a far-faster pace. And they keep moving our devs to other games...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

Sure, but no weapons.

Its almost been 2 years. Now, I want the game to suceed, but most other games get content at a far-faster pace. And they keep moving our devs to other games...

Huuhhhhhh....

Calendars: Available in both digital and paper bound formats. Days can even be tracked with hash marks on a cave wall by a marooned sea traveler.

Yet, in relation to this game, the passage of time has clearly been distorted by the powers of the Dark Side.
  • Omniscient wrote: »

Sure, but no weapons.

Huuhhhhhh....

Calendars: Available in both digital and paper bound formats. Days can even be tracked with hash marks on a cave wall by a marooned sea traveler.

Yet, in relation to this game, the passage of time has clearly been distorted by the powers of the Dark Side.

Thank you again. I almost responded likewise but failed to pull the trigger.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

Not really. So much has changed since launch. Would you call them changing the initial 80k hero cost "lies and deception"?

I believe they wanted to do what they said they would do but the launch was so terrible and the community is so toxic that the lack of content makes sense.

Lack of content makes sense?
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

They cut out the revenue stream to support the game.

No dough, no show.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

That's shareholder speak. The game earned money. Spitefulness is the reason, most likely.
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

That's shareholder speak. The game earned money. Spitefulness is the reason, most likely.

Sure it earned money, but they aren't going to reinvest the profits into the same game with no revenue stream.

They just keep wasting time with complicated fixes for this game.

Progression they only needed to up the crafting parts rewards. At this point they could have turned crystal sales back on and made it pay to catch up, the majority of us wouldn't care. There was no huge influx of players after the change, it was a waste of time and effort that could have went to other things.

Matchmaking, they keep testing breaking up lobbies and mixing and matching players, all we want is the lobbies to move players from team a to team b, not to reinvent the wheel. 10 months in, it is still steam roll after steam roll.

The stamina and lightsaber blocking changes broke Palps to the point they had to kill switch him, because a few people held down the block button, with plenty of ways to still damage the block spammer.

Those are just 3 off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

h846398gb27k.png

Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

Sure it earned money, but they aren't going to reinvest the profits into the same game with no revenue stream.

Progression they only needed to up the crafting parts rewards. At this point they could have turned crystal sales back on and made it pay to catch up, the majority of us wouldn't care. There was no huge influx of players after the change, it was a waste of time and effort that could have went to other things.

Matchmaking, they keep testing breaking up lobbies and mixing and matching players, all we want is the lobbies to move players from team a to team b, not to reinvent the wheel. 10 months in, it is still steam roll after steam roll.

The stamina and lightsaber blocking changes broke Palps to the point they had to kill switch him, because a few people held down the block button, with plenty of ways to still damage the block spammer.

Don't forget they fixed the ping problem...or not. Or it's not a server problem it's something else now that will be fixed in the next patch.

Never heard of a game where people cannot play it for weeks/ months and the company not really caring.

Speak volumes.
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

Don't forget they fixed the ping problem...or not. Or it's not a server problem it's something else now that will be fixed in the next patch.

Never heard of a game where people cannot play it for weeks/ months and the company not really caring.

Speak volumes.

I'd have expected that to be priority one.

Or they are just running with the excuse and a lot of regions are just dead.

h846398gb27k.png

Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

Speak volumes.

Shhh, get the tin foil out.

They come out here at night to debunk... mostly.
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

I agree with you on the why, but I am not accepting a rejected loot/crate system for not continuing a planned seasonal content release (as a business decision)
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

Speak volumes.

Get the popcorn out.

I'd love to hear the justification for players not being able to find a match for months.

I know one who is already itching to respond with his oh so clever response.
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

Speak volumes.

Get the popcorn out.

I'd love to hear the justification for players not being able to find a match for months.

Justification: We lied. We have a small dev team.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
    Lies and deception.

n6cxt3m4kzbh.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
    Lies and deception.

So, instead of easing our fears, they're going to act like children and give up? Who else but DICE!
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Sure, but no weapons.

Science

GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg
    Lies and deception.

So, instead of easing our fears, they're going to act like children and give up? Who else but DICE!

Who is acting like children? They said "free dlc" back when loot boxes when still in the game. Things changed. I think a lot of people are under the impression that the loot system was going to pay for dlc. How do you expect dlc to be paid for now? Not giving up. They promised free dlc and to this date we have received free dlc... just not as much as we wanted. As adults we should be able to understand this "give and take" relationship.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Lies and deception.

n6cxt3m4kzbh.gif

I think it has something to do with it. The devs, not only for this game but for all games, can't drop a pen without someone losing their mind and freaking out.
  • Sorry the start of this game was unforgivable... years/months in the planning and simply no-one did the due diligence around the potential for legal action/reprisals despite previous games skirting this "gambling" or "pay to win" issue and being shunned for it.

Why people on these forums take the view DICE should get credit for fixing a monumental disaster of their own making is beyond me. Additionally their disdain for people having problems accessing this game is unbelievable i.e. the handling of the ping issue, which is till not resolved, just renamed, months after its initial identification (and potentially 1066 still not on the roadmap).

That said, this community has no focus, where threads about skins, nerfs and nonsense get thousands of view but actual fixes or new content (I don't class skins as new content) are totally forgotten. This community is partially to blame for letting them off the hook.

I dont want to read another nerf thread. Infact i only want to read about new content or fixes, namely maps, weapons, modes. Having another hero will not make any lasting difference to the game. Instead of spending months on them, they should have ported over all 2015 maps.
    Lies and deception.

No dough, no show.

3y1evwv2sf1l.gif

I would like to add to the list of complicated fixes for small problems, HvVs Ship mode to rank up when adjusting the points needed to rank up would work as well. Granted some people just want to play Hero ships but if you can’t get a hero ship in SA what’s the point?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited September 2018

OMG that will definitely get me to reinstall this game again!!!!
  • Honestly, I really just want an EL-16HFE type gun for my heavy... Why does he have to be spray and pray? Add a new map every month with bug fixes, maybe some weapons, skins, and I will be happy. Add vehicles instead of a map every ao often, too.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Did he just say ‘learning from past mistakes - check’????

TOOOOOO FUNNNNEEEEEEE

Post edited by Phyrebrat on
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Honestly, I really just want an EL-16HFE type gun for my heavy... Why does he have to be spray and pray? Add a new map every month with bug fixes, maybe some weapons, skins, and I will be happy. Add vehicles instead of a map every ao often, too.

The class is demolitions and fortification of defenses mixed with pushing/pressure. The way classes are set apart from each other in this game/made distinct from one another, is their utility. I agree more weapons are needed for all classes. But a Designated Marksman Rifle [DMR] the (EL-16), doesn’t really mesh with the class IMO.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• The game is alright.... I like the changes they made to hero cost and removing the loot box system. The gameplay is the most important part to me. The bugs are pretty annoying but overall it’s fine. I think it’s pretty silly to complain at this point. Maybe 6 months ago but now it’s pretty evident the game isn’t what some expected. Definitely not really a live service if that was promised. Mobile apps do a way better job at that since their revenue depends on it I guess
    Lies and deception.

"the community is so toxic", so angry customers are at fault with the lack of content? Lol. What a logic loop to get stuck in, or is your logic flawed? Wow, just wow.

I don't understand why people like this stick around. Not only do you longer play the game but you admit to not even having the game installed.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I don't understand why people like this stick around. Not only do you longer play the game but you admit to not even having the game installed.

And from your posts especially in this thread, it's quite clear you don't understand fans, people who are still angry, people who could see what this game could of been and some still think could be.

You ask why people like him stick around, I could ask why you stick around, considering that you think the community is toxic and we caused the content drought.

Obvious troll is obvious?

And from your posts especially in this thread, it's quite clear you don't understand fans, people who are still angry, people who could see what this game could of been and some still think could be.

You ask why people like him stick around, I could ask why you stick around, considering that you think the community is toxic and we caused the content drought.

I play this game almost every day.
  • Solomacedaddy
    645 posts Member
    edited September 2018

And also come to forums every day.

So what has that got to do with you adding to the toxicity of the forums? Because you play you have a right to post, but those who don't play shouldn't post?

Still not sure why someone who thinks the community is toxic comes to the forums when you're obviously happy with the game.

So what has that got to do with you adding to the toxicity of the forums? Because you play you have a right to post, but those who don't play shouldn't post?

Still not sure why someone who thinks the community is toxic comes to the forums when you're obviously happy with the game.

I believe he is trying to say that those who don't play aren't in the loop, that they don't really know the main issues that the game is currently going through, or that they just shouldn't have a say.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

I believe he is trying to say that those who don't play aren't in the loop, that they don't really know the main issues that the game is currently going through, or that they just shouldn't have a say.

Yea, because you've really got to be playing the game to know that there's been little content since release and that it's the communities fault.

Guess these forums are getting closer and closer to the echo chamber some crave for.

Gotcha.

Yea, because you've really got to be playing the game to know that there's been little content since release and that it's the communities fault.

Guess these forums are getting closer and closer to the echo chamber some crave for.

Gotcha.

For example, if someone missed out on the clone skins, then he/she should not cast judgement.

Gotcha.

For the record, I did not say that I express these opinions. I think that if you are involved in this community, then you are pretty informed. We will have to agree on the little content. But I think that will get better over time. Especially since so many devs are starting to come back from BF5.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Gotcha.

For example, if someone missed out on the clone skins, then he/she should not cast judgement.

Should not cast judgement?

Wow, it gets better.

Please, tell me more reasons why people shouldn't be allowed to "cast" judgement.

Gotcha.
    That is literally not what he said, I'm sorry. Obviously we haven't got much content since launch (probably at least partially due to the bad launch and aftermath of that), but people who don't play/participate in the forums complaining about stuff isn't helpful, and tends to be stuff that's been discussed months ago (lack of content etc). Obviously some of it is an ongoing problem, but at the same time if you complain about one thing when you don't know anything about the other things going on then it's not useful.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!