criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

SFA - D'Qar - using the effects to your advantage

In SFA on D'Qar for stage 2 the voice over for the FO says that you can use the pulse effects to your advantage. I get that if you get pushed back that you can get more shots on the objective (the 3 armed structure). But how to you predict if you'll get slammed into the wall instead?

Replies

• Be a good pilot...
  • Pay attention to the sound as the shield charges up and expands/contracts. You'll get a good feeling for what it does after a while. Remember that you turn better along your positive z-axis. So always try to rotate your ship so the bottom points towards the nearest wall, and nose pointed towards the exit. Corkscrew around the beams if they're just in front of you. Don't try to fight the field by turning down/sideways. Afterburner helps mitigating the bouncing, so make sure it's charged up, and be ready to slam it on to escape as you pass the beams.
  • I find it’s mostly a case of just lining up correctly and ridin the wave, dood...

Course sometimes there be great whites in the tube

pH
  • Not just that but you can use them to dodge enemies on you. Staying on the edge makes their lasers bend and miss. By the time they enter the sphere and they shoot at you outside, they also bend. They can also be used to bust a quick 180 turn at the right time.
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    Not just that but you can use them to dodge enemies on you. Staying on the edge makes their lasers bend and miss. By the time they enter the sphere and they shoot at you outside, they also bend. They can also be used to bust a quick 180 turn at the right time.

This... all of this. Those orbs are defensive goldmines for all.

The amount of times ive been at like no health and escaped round the edges of one of those and only to swing back get my persuer and then regain those sweet hp.