criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV "King of the Mountain" - Simple Mode Retool Idea

So I thought of this idea today.

Still four heroes, no target. You have one objective in the center of the map and a timer, say 10:00. The team that controls the objective the longest wins the match. No K/D ratio to worry about, no running around the map like a coward, no worrying about catching up to your team to protect your target. XP is accrued by standard means but also by time spent in the objective. To me this seems like the simplest idea, it still forces teams to clash together in "iconic duels" or whatnot, and even if someone quit out of the match, you could still keep playing it without being squashed completely.

Replies

• Interesting idea, could work.
  • That was a mode in Halo a looooong time ago. I say sure, why not.
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    As was pointed out by someone on another thread, a problem would be Bossk’s mines and gas and Phasma’s droid would be a big advantage for the Dark side. So on reflection, a good idea but probably won’t work.
  • And how about Extraction with Heroes and Villains?
    Like Overwatch?
    Is this already pointed out?
    Are there any obvious dis-/advantages?
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    As was pointed out by someone on another thread, a problem would be Bossk’s mines and gas and Phasma’s droid would be a big advantage for the Dark side. So on reflection, a good idea but probably won’t work.

When Phasma or Bossk are the target, you already have a similar issue. Han and Chewie can clear a room pretty effectively, though. Especially if Bossk doesn't have room to jump around in the open.
  • So I thought of this idea today.

Still four heroes, no target. You have one objective in the center of the map and a timer, say 10:00. The team that controls the objective the longest wins the match. No K/D ratio to worry about, no running around the map like a coward, no worrying about catching up to your team to protect your target. XP is accrued by standard means but also by time spent in the objective. To me this seems like the simplest idea, it still forces teams to clash together in "iconic duels" or whatnot, and even if someone quit out of the match, you could still keep playing it without being squashed completely.

I like the idea, but I think the control point should switch every 2:30, so that way there won't just be one team completely destroying and camping in the objective. It would keep the ball rolling, and players wouldn't get bored. It should also be randomized, so that players can't predict where the next objective will be. Sound like a great idea.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • So I thought of this idea today.

I like the idea, but I think the control point should switch every 2:30, so that way there won't just be one team completely destroying and camping in the objective. It would keep the ball rolling, and players wouldn't get bored. It should also be randomized, so that players can't predict where the next objective will be. Sound like a great idea.

I'd go a step further. Have a hill that suddenly changes locations every 1:00-1:30 and have the match run 15 minutes. Keep things moving frequently.
  • I like the idea, but I think the control point should switch every 2:30, so that way there won't just be one team completely destroying and camping in the objective. It would keep the ball rolling, and players wouldn't get bored. It should also be randomized, so that players can't predict where the next objective will be. Sound like a great idea.
    JediJulius wrote: »
    I'd go a step further. Have a hill that suddenly changes locations every 1:00-1:30 and have the match run 15 minutes. Keep things moving frequently.

YES! Both of these ideas have merit!