criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Fun > Authenticity

2Next

Replies

• I'm all for era specific with heroes but right now the hero roster is too small to accomplish that. You would have 2 heroes available for every era. Theres not much choice there.

Actually, it'd be the exact opposite because there's an extreme amount of heroes that are in multiple era and rarely any villains, so the hero/villain ratio would just be one-sided in favor of the heroes.
  • I'm all for era specific with heroes but right now the hero roster is too small to accomplish that. You would have 2 heroes available for every era. Theres not much choice there.

Actually, it'd be the exact opposite because there's an extreme amount of heroes that are in multiple era and rarely any villains, so the hero/villain ratio would just be one-sided in favor of the heroes.

Exactly.

Seriously, can you imagine being stuck with nothing but mediocre Crylo and Chromedome against powerhouses like Rey, Leia, Luke or Chewie, and of course Finn with a wall of WW's in front of him?

Game is currently designed around cross era. It would take additions to the roster (Snoke and Gen. Huckster? Not likely over more iconic villains) and pretty big rebalances of certain maps for it to work in an even roughly balanced manner, which isn't likely this late in the dev cycle.

61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Appl3corps wrote: »
    Right now, you have a chance of playing as your favorite every other match... If you era lock the heroes, you'd have to slog through 5 rounds of not having your favorite character available...
    GOD FORBID. That sounds JUST AWFUL! How could anyone go on?!?
  • Oh, wait. They could just go play HvV. Or HS. Any one of the modes that are supposed to be hero-centered fantasy modes. Then they wouldn't have to go through the horror of waiting a handful of games to get their favorite thing.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Oh, wait. They could just go play HvV. Or HS. Any one of the modes that are supposed to be hero-centered fantasy modes. Then they wouldn't have to go through the horror of waiting a handful of games to get their favorite thing.

alternatively, they could just tell you to go play blast, strike, JPC or extraction if you hate heroes so

who are the devs going to listen to? Probably the side that doesn't require drastic changes to the game.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• fv3b8wuasxv8.gif
    TR8R for hero when? Or at least enforcer
    Oh, wait. They could just go play HvV. Or HS. Any one of the modes that are supposed to be hero-centered fantasy modes. Then they wouldn't have to go through the horror of waiting a handful of games to get their favorite thing.
    Alternatively, they could just tell you to go play blast, strike, JPC or extraction if you hate heroes so
    I don't hate heroes. I'm not as obsessive about them as some on this forum, but I like heroes. That's why I think they should stop making the heroes look like junk by having them fighting on the wrong factions, and having a glut of them ruining gameplay in GA. I love seeing heroes running around, when they're not demolishing the Star Wars feel by being 60 years out of their time and leading the wrong factions, and when they aren't dominating the main mode of the game to the point where it's unplayable.

Who are the devs going to listen to? Probably the side that doesn't require drastic changes to the game.
    Exactly.

They'll go with whoever allows them to put forward the least amount of effort possible, ideally none. That's what you guys are doing: Enabling them. And the game continues to suffer for it.
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Right now, you have a chance of playing as your favorite every other match... If you era lock the heroes, you'd have to slog through 5 rounds of not having your favorite character available...

And I gave a simple solution. Map selection. That way people who have hours to play can have their fun, while folks who maybe only have time for a match or two can pick the map they prefer.
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Alternatively, they could just tell you to go play blast, strike, JPC or extraction if you hate heroes so
    I don't hate heroes. I'm not as obsessive about them as some on this forum, but I like heroes. That's why I think they should stop making the heroes look like junk by having them fighting on the wrong factions, and having a glut of them ruining gameplay in GA. I love seeing heroes running around, when they're not demolishing the Star Wars feel by being 60 years out of their time and leading the wrong factions, and when they aren't dominating the main mode of the game to the point where it's unplayable.

Who are the devs going to listen to? Probably the side that doesn't require drastic changes to the game.
    Exactly.

They'll go with whoever allows them to put forward the least amount of effort possible, ideally none. That's what you guys are doing: Enabling them. And the game continues to suffer for it.

You're not wrong. I'm fairly indifferent to this issue. Prefer whatever produces my own subjective degree of fun.

In GA I'm gonna get a hero most rounds regardless of the actual count. All limiting them would do is hurt the chances of more average players ever getting one (like in BF2015, where the lone hero was hoarded by those who memorised token spawns).

As for era locked? It'd be neat if we had 6-8 heroes per side per era, but since we don't I say no. I don't feel like being forced to try and break down a Yoda/Finn defensive wall with nothing but Captain Flasma or WideBoi. Auto-losing because of an ultimately arbitrary authenticity line (when you've got young Han running around on Crait, Yoda fighting on the Death Star etc.) doesn't seem more fun than the converse.

There's also the problem of people having paid real money, which DICE has already stated is set in stone as a reason the latter wouldn't happen.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Exactly. They'll go with whoever allows them to put forward the least amount of effort possible, ideally none. That's what you guys are doing: Enabling them. And the game continues to suffer for it.
    You're not wrong. I'm fairly indifferent to this issue. Prefer whatever produces my own subjective degree of fun.
    I get that. I start there, but I try to support plans and ideas that will make the broadest range of players happy, because more players keeps the game alive. And ultimately, if I can support ideas that make the game good while also supporting ideas that make the masses happy, and the game stays alive... then I'm happy.

In GA I'm gonna get a hero most rounds regardless of the actual count. All limiting them would do is hurt the chances of more average players ever getting one.
    True. But there are several hero modes where people are guaranteed to play a hero, if that's what they're concerned about. I actually think we need at least two more modes to make the hero folks happy -- Hero Blast, and an Order 66 / Hero Hunt mode.

Regardless of that, though, my main idea regarding limiting GA to make it playable again is this: Two versions of GA. I've said it before. Take the existing GA as it is and put it in the Hero Modes category, then make a copy of it for the Assault Modes category that has a 1-hero limit. And a 2-enforcer limit. That way both groups are happy.

Auto-losing because of an ultimately arbitrary authenticity line (when you've got young Han running around on Crait, Yoda fighting on the Death Star etc.) doesn't seem more fun than the converse.
    Yeah. EA and DICE paint themselves into corner at every turn, don't they? Fail to make enough heroes, create an urgency for heroes that leads to having heroes in the wrong era. Fail to finish Legion skins for the map defaults, create an urgency for Legion skins that leads to terrible clone customization. Fail to make default Hoth skins for heroes like they had in the last game, plus fail to keep people interested in a live service with minimal content, create a situation where the Hoth skins are flogged out as hype so that now people have spent credits on them and they can never be defaults. Fail to create enough customization elements, create a set of skins where you blew all your good customization options (pauldrons, field armor, binocs, kama, etc) on defaults. They just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

There's also the problem of people having paid real money, which DICE has already stated is set in stone as a reason the latter wouldn't happen.
    Another example. Fail to see from the beginning that all heroes should be free and ready to play immediately for all players, create a system where players have paid for their heroes and thus start demanding to be able to play them anywhere they want.

This game just needed another 6 months to cook. At least.
  • As for era locked? It'd be neat if we had 6-8 heroes per side per era, but since we don't I say no. I don't feel like being forced to try and break down a Yoda/Finn defensive wall with nothing but Captain Flasma or WideBoi.
    As I mentioned recently in another thread, for a long time I've been of the opinion that they should just make heroes that look and sound like characters from the appropriate era, while playing exactly like heroes from the other eras. That way, you can still get the same skills and abilities and play styles, without suddenly having someone from 60 years in the future show up in a Clone Wars battle.

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Han becomes Commander Cody
    • Luke becomes Mace Windu
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Lando becomes Commander Bly
    • Finn becomes Captain Rex
    • Rey becomes Ahsoka Tano
    • Yoda becomes Maz Kanata
    • Maul becomes a Knight of Ren
    • Boba Fett becomes Jango Fett
    • Vader becomes Savage Oppress
    • Phasma becomes Durge
    • The Emperor becomes Nightmother
    • Kylo Ren becomes Asajj Ventress
    • Iden becomes Aurra Sing

In the Galactic Civil War era:
    • Finn becomes Wedge Antilles
    • Rey becomes Fulcrum Ahsoka
    • Obi-Wan becomes Kanan Jarrus
    • Phasma becomes Sergeant Kreel
    • Kylo Ren becomes Fifth Brother
    • Maul becomes Seventh Sister
    • Dooku becomes the Grand Inquisitor

In the First Order War era:
    • Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke
    • Leia becomes Tallie Lintra
    • Lando becomes Poe Dameron
    • Vader becomes a Knight of Ren
    • Boba Fett becomes Athgar Heece
    • The Emperor becomes Snoke
    As for era locked? It'd be neat if we had 6-8 heroes per side per era, but since we don't I say no. I don't feel like being forced to try and break down a Yoda/Finn defensive wall with nothing but Captain Flasma or WideBoi.
    As I mentioned recently in another thread, for a long time I've been of the opinion that they should just make heroes that look and sound like characters from the appropriate era, while playing exactly like heroes from the other eras. That way, you can still get the same skills and abilities and play styles, without suddenly having someone from 60 years in the future show up in a Clone Wars battle.

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

Lemme get this straight, you want an entire new slew of character models?
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    As for era locked? It'd be neat if we had 6-8 heroes per side per era, but since we don't I say no. I don't feel like being forced to try and break down a Yoda/Finn defensive wall with nothing but Captain Flasma or WideBoi.

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

God forbid those game designers do what they're paid to do
    4NovSI6.gif

[+3748 posts]

And I gave a simple solution. Map selection. That way people who have hours to play can have their fun, while folks who maybe only have time for a match or two can pick the map they prefer.

That doesn't make the problem any better it only makes it worse. It just means that entire maps would be ignored and not just heroes. Why be punished for liking a map or a hero? It's a terrible excuse of player friendly content.

That doesn't make the problem any better it only makes it worse. It just means that entire maps would be ignored and not just heroes. Why be punished for liking a map or a hero? It's a terrible excuse of player friendly content.

I was trying to give a reasonable solution to his argument. I don't like the idea of restricting things more because I agree with you. People already bail on certain maps and they would do so even more if you lock heroes to specific eras. But the people who want era specific don't want to hear that. They'll say "go play hvv", which isn't a solution.

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

That seems like an even worse solution to me. I still vote for the heroes to stay as is.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • NomiSunstrider
    3124 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm all for era specific with heroes but right now the hero roster is too small to accomplish that. You would have 2 heroes available for every era. Theres not much choice there.

I meant heroes and villains not just heroes. Heroes for their own faction .
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Unwarycoin wrote: »

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke
    That seems like an even worse solution to me. I still vote for the heroes to stay as is.
    Having a bunch more heroes seems like a worse solution to you?

You guys complain that having the game be accurate would remove too many hero ability sets and play styles, I provide a solution that resolves this, and it's just vaguely "even worse"... SMH

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

I think it's an incredible idea the devs should have went with....more characters to look at and the precious mechanics would be copied over. When you have 2 other characters that do what Darth Maul does then it beats the boring situation of just seeing Maul everywhere.
  • I thought that was what the flair was about? It's about fun

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

I think it's an incredible idea the devs should have went with....more characters to look at and the precious mechanics would be copied over. When you have 2 other characters that do what Darth Maul does then it beats the boring situation of just seeing Maul everywhere.

This, you can have multiple heroes fulfilling the same role with minor differences. You think Overwatch has only 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 DPS?
  • Relmets wrote: »
    AuraStorm wrote: »

In the Clone Wars era:
    • Leia becomes Padme
    • Phasma becomes Durge

• Han becomes Old Han
    • Luke becomes Old Luke

God forbid those game designers do what they're paid to do
    4NovSI6.gif

Im sorry that you think this is possible at this stage

The Sequel era will still suffer heavily. The Confederacy at least as much until the new Clone Wars stuff, but still limiting variety.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3247 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm all for era specific with heroes but right now the hero roster is too small to accomplish that. You would have 2 heroes available for every era. Theres not much choice there.

The Sequel era will still suffer heavily. The Confederacy at least as much until the new Clone Wars stuff, but still limiting variety.

Sequel Era:
    Heroes -

- Rey
    - Han
    - Luke
    - Chewbacca
    - Finn
    - Poe Dameron

Villains -
    - Kylo Ren
    - Captain Phasma
    - Captain Cardinal
    - General Hux
    - Agent Terex

CIS -
    - Count Dooku
    - General Greivous
    - Darth Sidious
    - Darth Maul
    - General Kalani
    - Asajj Ventress
    - Bossk
    - Jango Fett
    Post edited by UrbanGlitch on

SEQUEL ERA:
    Heroes
    - Rey
    - Han
    - Luke
    - Chewbacca
    - Finn
    - Poe Dameron

Villains
    - Kylo Ren
    - Captain Phasma
    - Captain Cardinal
    - General Hux
    - Agent Terex

- Bossk
    - Athgar Heece
    - Snoke
    - Knight of Ren A
    - Knight of Ren B
    - Knight of Ren C...

CLONE WARS
    Republic
    - Yoda
    - Chewbacca
    - Obi-Wan
    - Anakin
    - Mace Windu
    - Ahsoka Tano
    - Captain Rex
    - Commander Cody
    - Kit Fisto
    - Ki-Adi Mundi
    - Aayla Secura

Confederacy
    - Count Dooku
    - General Greivous
    - Darth Sidious
    - Darth Maul
    - General Kalani
    - Bossk
    - Jango Fett

- Savage Oppress
    - Durge
    - Asajj Ventress
    - Aurra Sing
    - Cad Bane

SEQUEL ERA:
    Heroes
    - Rey
    - Han
    - Luke
    - Chewbacca
    - Finn
    - Poe Dameron

Villains
    - Kylo Ren
    - Captain Phasma
    - Captain Cardinal
    - General Hux
    - Agent Terex

- Bossk
    - Athgar Heece
    - Snoke
    - Knight of Ren A
    - Knight of Ren B
    - Knight of Ren C...

CLONE WARS
    Republic
    - Yoda
    - Chewbacca
    - Obi-Wan
    - Anakin
    - Mace Windu
    - Ahsoka Tano
    - Captain Rex
    - Commander Cody
    - Kit Fisto
    - Ki-Adi Mundi
    - Aayla Secura

Confederacy
    - Count Dooku
    - General Greivous
    - Darth Sidious
    - Darth Maul
    - General Kalani
    - Bossk
    - Jango Fett

- Savage Oppress
    - Durge
    - Asajj Ventress
    - Aurra Sing
    - Cad Bane

Please explain to me where those sequel villains are in this game and why didn't I get the patch you guys did that apparently gave them to you and you alone. Not to mention the random losers that barely even count as characters, let alone considering them important enough to be a hero.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3247 posts Member
    edited September 2018

SEQUEL ERA:
    Heroes
    - Rey
    - Han
    - Luke
    - Chewbacca
    - Finn
    - Poe Dameron

Villains
    - Kylo Ren
    - Captain Phasma
    - Captain Cardinal
    - General Hux
    - Agent Terex

- Bossk
    - Athgar Heece
    - Snoke
    - Knight of Ren A
    - Knight of Ren B
    - Knight of Ren C...

CLONE WARS
    Republic
    - Yoda
    - Chewbacca
    - Obi-Wan
    - Anakin
    - Mace Windu
    - Ahsoka Tano
    - Captain Rex
    - Commander Cody
    - Kit Fisto
    - Ki-Adi Mundi
    - Aayla Secura

Confederacy
    - Count Dooku
    - General Greivous
    - Darth Sidious
    - Darth Maul
    - General Kalani
    - Bossk
    - Jango Fett

- Savage Oppress
    - Durge
    - Asajj Ventress
    - Aurra Sing
    - Cad Bane

Please explain to me where those sequel villains are in this game and why didn't I get the patch you guys did that apparently gave them to you and you alone. Not to mention the random losers that barely even count as characters, let alone considering them important enough to be a hero.

We simply listed the characters that would be able to fill the void of heroes. Of course there is currently only Kylo and Phasma for the First Order, but we just gave you a list to show that it is possible to fill the roster.
    And what about important characters? Does it matter? We have Iden for goodness sake, she didn't do much. And neither did Bossk technically.
  • I'm okay with cross-era heroes. But I'd also be okay with the heroes being locked to era, preferably after they've added more heroes to the game to flesh out each faction fully.