criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Vanguard hit box bugged?

Anyone else experience this?- the shotgun completely 'misses' at very close distances ( under 10ft ) on lagged server. Been playing Strike on Virginia servers from uk with 120 ping.While all weapons take more work due to ping effects literally every shotgun to chest / or face does nothing ...The closer you are the worse it gets ....bugged?

Replies

• Nobody experiencIng this?
  • Well, that’s a “kind of feature” in the game it’s not a bug or an error it’s intended to work like that I suppose
  • It's the Netcode... I've had it work in the inverse. Other night I had a player corner camping and I blew right past them. Whipped around and over aimed. Now maybe a smidge of the player was in the reticle, and it one shot killed them. It's just something you have to grow to expect. Dont think rolling for cover or diving around corners will save you. The netcode's hit registrations are off.

You can really see it at distance when players are moving. Reticle is perfectly on the head, the hit animation shows head shot, but only records as a body shot.
  • Anyone else experience this?- the shotgun completely 'misses' at very close distances ( under 10ft ) on lagged server. Been playing Strike on Virginia servers from uk with 120 ping.While all weapons take more work due to ping effects literally every shotgun to chest / or face does nothing ...The closer you are the worse it gets ....bugged?

Bad servers, probably 15hz but no one knows for sure. Bad net code=latency and bad hit reg.

Has been like this since launch.
  • Folks respectfully I know how lag and hit detection interplays .... this is more.In the same game I can fire the shotgun at a longer distance than say 2m and register damage on my screen. Less than 2m and JUST the shotgun delivers Zero damage other weapons not so
  • I'm always getting one shotted with vanguard even with a shield on...they don't seem to have any problems hitting me :s