criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

What nerfs the Officer class needs

Prev1
- battle command cards cant affect the officer itself
- no 250 hp bonus form improved battle command
- reduce pistol range accuracy
- reduce blurrg and se44c added burst and rapid fire damage
- make flash grenade less powerful or switch Leias grenade with officers
- reduce fast battle point gain
- give officer a better support role instead of one man army ninjas
My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
2. Fix bugs
3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
4. More love for Starfighter modes
5. First Person only mode

Replies

  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    No....

    yeeeeeesss
    My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • we dont want to see this too much
    cb7wtmvizwjo.jpg

    He isn't even holding the Blurrg...
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode

  • If it is blurrgfront then why isn't that officer holding a blurrg, the blurrg isn't even the most common officer weapon.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Nah. Officer just needs slight bp tweaks and then he’s good.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • After the BP well deserved nerf you'll see people run with double flashbang double disruption thanks to recharge command destroying everything (specially Wookies and blaster heroes).
  • chewielovesu
    883 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Nothing

    Needs Buffs and more Weapons from here onwards

    :D :love:
  • While you're at it...

    Reduce health to 50.
    Remove ability to sprint.
    Abilities can only be used once per life.
  • I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful
    My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    Nope.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    iyt4eckyf7mc.png

  • I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    I have about 4.3 billion hours of game time. As well as a 19.45 k/d. I sure can tell we don't need to nerf the officer into uselessness.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »
    Is the goal of this to make sure no one plays as the officer ever again?
    Yes. Players with a soul should hate that class
    My proposed balancing:
    • 100-125 HP
    • Reduced BP gain
    • Swap flash grenade with Specialist’s shock grenade
    • Swap homing shot with Assault’s acid launcher
    Why you may ask?
    1. They wear no armor, so they should have the least health. They are not meant for direct combat. Besides, with the best weapons in general of the classes they should be glass cannons given that
    2. It’s unfair to the players busting their chops at the objectives that they’re outscored and therefore out-BP’d by people just exploiting the ridiculous gains of the officer. Even when they do nothing
    3. This grenade is preposterous and annoying. It does not belong with a class that can double spam it. Besides if this class is all about CC then the shock grenade is a better fit. Snipers always have flashbangs in games anyway so it’s a logical swap. How does a specialist sneak into a gunfight for a melee hit with a shock grenade as cover?
    4. Again, this better fits the CC type this class seemed to be intended for. Homing shot is more of an assault thing anyway, plus the cooldown on the acid launcher is so long it fits to be pairable with recharge command
    I’d also like a buff for all classes, and that is to include flash and concussions into the bodyguard star card. It’d be nice if the card that gave protection from explosives and poison protected you from a partial duration and/or severity of blinding effects. It’d also be great if bodyguard was available to Aerials.

    By that logic, boba and phasma should have a lot more health than they currently do since their armor is supposed to be the best of all.

    Officer is fine.
    Nerf bp gain and he's fine.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »
    Is the goal of this to make sure no one plays as the officer ever again?
    Yes. Players with a soul should hate that class
    My proposed balancing:
    • 100-125 HP
    • Reduced BP gain
    • Swap flash grenade with Specialist’s shock grenade
    • Swap homing shot with Assault’s acid launcher
    Why you may ask?
    1. They wear no armor, so they should have the least health. They are not meant for direct combat. Besides, with the best weapons in general of the classes they should be glass cannons given that
    2. It’s unfair to the players busting their chops at the objectives that they’re outscored and therefore out-BP’d by people just exploiting the ridiculous gains of the officer. Even when they do nothing
    3. This grenade is preposterous and annoying. It does not belong with a class that can double spam it. Besides if this class is all about CC then the shock grenade is a better fit. Snipers always have flashbangs in games anyway so it’s a logical swap. How does a specialist sneak into a gunfight for a melee hit with a shock grenade as cover?
    4. Again, this better fits the CC type this class seemed to be intended for. Homing shot is more of an assault thing anyway, plus the cooldown on the acid launcher is so long it fits to be pairable with recharge command
    I’d also like a buff for all classes, and that is to include flash and concussions into the bodyguard star card. It’d be nice if the card that gave protection from explosives and poison protected you from a partial duration and/or severity of blinding effects. It’d also be great if bodyguard was available to Aerials.

    Oh god, I would love for the Specialist to get a better grenade. There has never been a moment in the game where I thought, "Man, the shock grenade would be perfect for this situation." I guess you could use it at a door to slow down people coming through it, but the effect is so short lived it's pretty much pointless.

    Does anyone even use the Homing Shot? I tried to use it once and it seemed garbage. I've never been killed by someone using it. But no, it doesn't seem like the Officer is the right class to have it.

    I've seen some good suggestions for how to reduce the officer's BP gain in a way that would reward actually helping teammates while not rewarding uselessly spamming the buff abilities. Just as long as it doesn't make the officer so worthless that no one uses it, because the buffs and Officer's Presence really are helpful. (I know the Officer's Presence BP gain was already reduced in the past, and I think the way it is now is fine. I hope they don't mess with that.)

    I'd like it if they buffed other classes' BP gain, that way everyone gets BP for helping their team, using their class for its purpose, and playing the objective.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »
    Is the goal of this to make sure no one plays as the officer ever again?
    Yes. Players with a soul should hate that class
    My proposed balancing:
    • 100-125 HP
    • Reduced BP gain
    • Swap flash grenade with Specialist’s shock grenade
    • Swap homing shot with Assault’s acid launcher
    Why you may ask?
    1. They wear no armor, so they should have the least health. They are not meant for direct combat. Besides, with the best weapons in general of the classes they should be glass cannons given that
    2. It’s unfair to the players busting their chops at the objectives that they’re outscored and therefore out-BP’d by people just exploiting the ridiculous gains of the officer. Even when they do nothing
    3. This grenade is preposterous and annoying. It does not belong with a class that can double spam it. Besides if this class is all about CC then the shock grenade is a better fit. Snipers always have flashbangs in games anyway so it’s a logical swap. How does a specialist sneak into a gunfight for a melee hit with a shock grenade as cover?
    4. Again, this better fits the CC type this class seemed to be intended for. Homing shot is more of an assault thing anyway, plus the cooldown on the acid launcher is so long it fits to be pairable with recharge command
    I’d also like a buff for all classes, and that is to include flash and concussions into the bodyguard star card. It’d be nice if the card that gave protection from explosives and poison protected you from a partial duration and/or severity of blinding effects. It’d also be great if bodyguard was available to Aerials.

    By that logic, boba and phasma should have a lot more health than they currently do since their armor is supposed to be the best of all.

    Officer is fine.
    Nerf bp gain and he's fine.
    Phasma has the highest health of all blaster heroes iirc
    Boba can fly. Besides all that lore about the strength of mandalorian iron is long gone

    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »
    Is the goal of this to make sure no one plays as the officer ever again?
    Yes. Players with a soul should hate that class
    My proposed balancing:
    • 100-125 HP
    • Reduced BP gain
    • Swap flash grenade with Specialist’s shock grenade
    • Swap homing shot with Assault’s acid launcher
    Why you may ask?
    1. They wear no armor, so they should have the least health. They are not meant for direct combat. Besides, with the best weapons in general of the classes they should be glass cannons given that
    2. It’s unfair to the players busting their chops at the objectives that they’re outscored and therefore out-BP’d by people just exploiting the ridiculous gains of the officer. Even when they do nothing
    3. This grenade is preposterous and annoying. It does not belong with a class that can double spam it. Besides if this class is all about CC then the shock grenade is a better fit. Snipers always have flashbangs in games anyway so it’s a logical swap. How does a specialist sneak into a gunfight for a melee hit with a shock grenade as cover?
    4. Again, this better fits the CC type this class seemed to be intended for. Homing shot is more of an assault thing anyway, plus the cooldown on the acid launcher is so long it fits to be pairable with recharge command
    I’d also like a buff for all classes, and that is to include flash and concussions into the bodyguard star card. It’d be nice if the card that gave protection from explosives and poison protected you from a partial duration and/or severity of blinding effects. It’d also be great if bodyguard was available to Aerials.

    I don't agree with the health of the officer being lower because of a lore type reason but I think the officer having lower HP would be ok because of the equipment he has. Squad shield, improved battle command, disruption, and diffuser are good enough to compensate for low health.

    I also agree that something needs to be done about the officer's grenade but giving it to the specialist would probably make the whole melee bubble boi thing more powerful if the specialist had a blinding and immobilizing grenade.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Dash wrote: »
    The officer just needs the BP adjusted downward. They do NOT need any more nerfs. That’s it really.

    They don't even need that. Bump assault and specialist BP gain. Heavy is already good to go.
    They could increase assault BP gain from scan dart and maybe more score from kills. For specialist more BP from all infiltrations and maybe from binoculars for assist.
  • The only thing I would nerf is the BP gain rate. Maybe remove the kill assist points you get from every trooper affected by your battle command.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • The best solution is this in my opinion :

    - reduce health to 100.

    (officer is a support class, not a first line trooper that is the role of the Assault. And the officer have a lot of abilities and gadgets that can buff and preserve his health, so seem a good thing)

    - reduce battlepoints gain.

    (this don't require explanations and devs are on it)

    - switch flashbang grenade with the flashbang of Leia, or reduce the area of the explosion.

    (The flashbang grenade of the officer is a lot more powerful than Leia and this don't make sense, in addition to this, this can safe the game from all this blinded effects spam)
  • Icedragon7897
    1964 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    People like this have no idea what situational means, even better,
    they have no idea that heavies and even specialists can out perform officers with one walker attack... but let's all blame the officer.....
  • Maybe you should just git gud
  • - battle command cards cant affect the officer itself
    - no 250 hp bonus form improved battle command
    - reduce pistol range accuracy
    - reduce blurrg and se44c added burst and rapid fire damage
    - make flash grenade less powerful or switch Leias grenade with officers
    - reduce fast battle point gain
    - give officer a better support role instead of one man army ninjas




    I totally agree with most things you offer except for his life. this will be explained below.

    8wto7eo9zjtb.jpg




  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    The best solution is this in my opinion :

    - reduce health to 100.

    (officer is a support class, not a first line trooper that is the role of the Assault. And the officer have a lot of abilities and gadgets that can buff and preserve his health, so seem a good thing)

    - reduce battlepoints gain.

    (this don't require explanations and devs are on it)

    - switch flashbang grenade with the flashbang of Leia, or reduce the area of the explosion.

    (The flashbang grenade of the officer is a lot more powerful than Leia and this don't make sense, in addition to this, this can safe the game from all this blinded effects spam)

    The officer is much more than a support class.

    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • There is no issue with Officer in combat. 1v1 against any class and you can beat the Officer. Vanguard one shots Officer, Specialist can 2 hit melee them (3 max), and Heavy can melt them.

    The issue with Officer is the BP gain being so much higher than all other classes (except Heavy when there's an ATAT type of objective to shoot at). If you buff BP gain for Assault, Specialist and maybe a bit to Heavy, the Officer would become just a preferred play style instead of a hero farmer. Nerfing the Officer as the OP suggests is completely ridiculous, unreasonable, and unintelligent. It makes no logical sense to completely dismantle an entire class. Honestly, sounds like a git gud situation.
  • no need at all. i juggle all 4 classes when bothered to play, heavy and occifer at 70, 67 on trooper and 61 on specialist.

    nerf their bp boosts for buffing others, well, selfish players (which is all there seemingly are in this game) will simply stop buffing their teammates and focus abilities/cards elsewhere.

    i see lots of whinging about officers and bps.

    never do i see 'thanks for the extra HPS so I don't get one-shot' or 'thanks for refreshing my cool downs so I could double down on grenades/sentry/what-have-you during the last stand in the juggernaut.'

    officers get a good chunk of their BPs by helping you get yours...

  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    The best solution is this in my opinion :

    - reduce health to 100.

    (officer is a support class, not a first line trooper that is the role of the Assault. And the officer have a lot of abilities and gadgets that can buff and preserve his health, so seem a good thing)

    - reduce battlepoints gain.

    (this don't require explanations and devs are on it)

    - switch flashbang grenade with the flashbang of Leia, or reduce the area of the explosion.

    (The flashbang grenade of the officer is a lot more powerful than Leia and this don't make sense, in addition to this, this can safe the game from all this blinded effects spam)

    The officer is much more than a support class.

    Well, support or not it is a little above the other classes. The OP suggestions are too drastic, but a little balancing would not be bad.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    I have about 4.3 billion hours of game time. As well as a 19.45 k/d. I sure can tell we don't need to nerf the officer into uselessness.

    So how exactly did you find your kill death ratio?
  • Setgang6 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    I have about 4.3 billion hours of game time. As well as a 19.45 k/d. I sure can tell we don't need to nerf the officer into uselessness.

    So how exactly did you find your kill death ratio?

    The same way he has played for 4.3 billion hours. The force.
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    Setgang6 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I just dont get all of you everyone is defending officer and hates the haters because they want to nerf their main beloved trooper. I have a lot of gameplay experience and I sure can tell officer is too powerful

    I have about 4.3 billion hours of game time. As well as a 19.45 k/d. I sure can tell we don't need to nerf the officer into uselessness.

    So how exactly did you find your kill death ratio?

    The same way he has played for 4.3 billion hours. The force.

    2iknmx.gif

    And, after following all 4.3 billion possible iterations through to fruition, only one resulted in the Officer needing another nerf.

    This is not that one.
  • In my humble opinion the only attributes that should be nerfed are the following:
    -BP gain
    -flash grenade
    -health boost shouldn't give 100 health 'cause it's just a free 1v1 win but, maybe, it should trigger health regeneration with, maybe, faster then usual rate
    In my humble opinion weapons are fine, they just get ''op reputation'', because with flash and health boost Officer wins every 1v1


    8dh69o72w6hm.jpg


  • ARC211092
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    New idea for officer: make their weapons fire out teddy bears and hugs.

    Then make all of their emotes be positive words of encouragement to the enemy team like: "Good job killing my teammate!"

    Oh wait... the exclamation point makes it a scream, which I'm sure players would complain about and say that "It Has To Be NeRfEd RiGhT NoW bEcAuSe It'S tOo Op."
  • The OP's suggestions taken separately are all things people have had complaints about concerning officer. But OP you must realize that collectively this would absolutely destroy the class into uselessness. My personal view is that the kill assist bonus and command points could be reduced by 50% and the flash grenade swapped for Leia's would be understandable. Otherwise leave the officer alone.
  • Mmmm, maybe a major nerf...
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Nah. Officer just needs slight bp tweaks and then he’s good.

    Ultimately this, if anything (especially not swapping weapons/abilities).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Dash wrote: »
    The officer just needs the BP adjusted downward. They do NOT need any more nerfs. That’s it really.

    Agree, except the flash grenade lasts way too long too, it's the most annoying flash grenade in the history of games.
  • The goal of an officer is to help out other troopers like heavy and assault, not charge in with their flash grenade.

    What he needs is a health and BP nerf. That's really it.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Or bring back the heavy's dc15-le from 1.2
  • Snoogins69 wrote: »
    Or bring back the heavy's dc15-le from 1.2

    Lol yes!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • officer is fine.
  • But OP you must realize that collectively this would absolutely destroy the class into uselessness.

    Man what you say is wrong. So all other classes are bad because they dont have all Officeres good stuff right. I see why so many are fanboy.

    You must realize that there are more classes to play but I get you all keep sticking because you are used to easy kills and points.
    My priority list:

    1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!