criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Squad System Update & Release Notes

Replies

• I have an regular xbox one, can't log.. if i try the game freeze and crash... Poor actualization.. lack of content.. months waiting for nothing congratulations EA/DICE for completely destroy the game.
    For me and a lot of people now its too late, a lot of great games are comming, games maded by companies ho cares about the community.
    EA fail again, only looking for profit and ignoring those ho pay their money.
    I know that i will not have an feedback from the developers or Ben like usual.
    God bye old and broken game.
  • It's still not connecting
  • I hate each
  • I hate ea
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    People of the galaxy...I implore you: Stop quoting the entire OP just to comment with a one-liner.

My scrolling finger is becoming callused. Don’t make me be callous.

This.
  • Some really good and welcome changes but why nerf the heavy so much? Community feedback? Read - gave in to whiners who can't be bothered to find cover. Thanks EA. The heavy is dead - no reason to play it and now no way to counter annoying aircraft and speeders.
  • Xbox One X still crashes when collecting crates. Please stop ignoring this problem, there's so many good things changing with the game yet this has been an issue for months
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Some really good and welcome changes but why nerf the heavy so much? Community feedback? Read - gave in to whiners who can't be bothered to find cover. Thanks EA. The heavy is dead - no reason to play it and now no way to counter annoying aircraft and speeders.

THIS!!!!
  • Can't even get the main screen to load. Keeps saying I am not connected and then freezes and crashes. Lovely

THIS!!!!

+2
  • Not only is this neat and all, but the next update is GRIEVOUS!

Crazed Fangirl Scream! IEEEEEEAAHHHH!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • My Ping Site setting (on PC) says "Default" and is disabled so I cannot change it. Anyone else's like that?
    Thanks
  • I hope Idens shield as well as many other blocking abilities get fixed, chewies shock grenade should be deflected by light sabers and shields, so should the other electrical abilities. Light sabers and shields do block electrical attacks in star wars right. The splash is not the issue. Chewie is broken more so than the other shock\ELETRICAL attacks, from the other heros. Thankyou for this update! I love it =^ D
  • Can't connect, game freezes, restart, crashes, rinse and repeat. Love it
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

It’s time for another Community Transmission and we’re here to talk about the Squad Update. It releases tomorrow (September 25th), so on with the details.

Squad System
    The new Squad System will allow you to re-join your friends, allies, and the action much quicker than before. If you’re already playing with a group of friends, you will be placed together into a squad. If you join a game on your own, you will be placed into a random squad.

When you are defeated, you will have the ability to toggle through a spectator camera. This camera will be focused on one of your squad members and you’ll then have the ability to spawn directly onto them. Want to spawn on a different squad member? Simply toggle through the spectator camera until you find the squad member of your choosing.

The new squad system also grants you the ability to play 2v2 Private Matches of Hero Showdown.

We went more in depth on the Squad System in its own dedicated Community Transmission, you can find that here.

91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps
    The 91st Recon Cops were a regiment of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Lead by commander CC-8826, or Neyo, the 91st were involved in many battles across the Clone Wars.

104th “Wolf Pack” Battalion
    The Wolfpack was a battalion that active throughout the Clone Wars and known for numerous military operations. On one such encounter, they engaged on a night assault on one of the last remaining outposts of General Grievous.
    The 104th Battalion can be identified by the iconic Wolf logo that identifies the squad, and the dark blue markings upon their armour.

You can read more about some changes we’re making to the Clone Trooper Appearances by click here

Ping Site Changes
    We have added a new default setting to the ping site option. When you have this selected, the game will attempt to match you to any of the ping sites that you have the best ping to. In the real world, this means that if you are located in Europe and have a good ping to both Frankfurt [FRA] and Dublin [DUB], you could be matched to either one, meaning you should find games a lot quicker.

These changes will start to arrive alongside the September update and further updates will be made in the months after, as we continue to tweak and improve the matchmaking system.

Matchmaking
    End of Round (EOR) matchmaking is a feature you will have noticed before. It’s something that has been turned on and tested at intermittent periods over the last few months.

The two key benefits to the end of round matchmaking will be:
    • Mixing players up more often. As a result of this it’s less likely that you will find yourself stuck in a poorly balanced game for more than a few rounds.
    • We’re changing the matchmaking behaviour so it favours filling up existing servers, as opposed to starting new ones. This means that you should join servers that are trending towards being full, as opposed to joining an empty one.

We go into more detail on the Matchmaking within its own Community Transmission, which you can find here.

Release Notes

NEW CONTENT
    FEATURES
    • Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
    • Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present

QUALITY OF LIFE
    • More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
    • Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
    • Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.

HERO CHANGES

LEIA ORGANA
    • Fixed an issue where Leia's Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
    VEHICLE CHANGES

U-WING
    • Fixed an issue where the "Repair" ability would not properly activate

LANDO’S MILLENNIUM FALCON
    • Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando's Millennium Falcon

CLASSES & SPECIAL UNITS CHANGES

OFFICER
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation

HEAVY
    • Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
    • Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS
    Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn't correctly lower the ability cooldown when used.

GAME MODE CHANGES

GALACTIC ASSAULT
    • Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment

HERO STARFIGHTERS
    • Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode's widget

STRIKE
    • Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts

MAP CHANGES

JAKKU
    • Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku

ENDOR
    • Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets

TAKODANA
    • Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player

GENERAL CHANGES
    • Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
    • Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges "Perfect Together" and "Vader and Kylo", based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
    • Fixed an issue where Iden's character and description text would be missing from the Campaign's spawn and customization screen
    • Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
    • Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
    • Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
    • Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
    • Adjusted the "Saviour Kill" stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
    • This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Squad members that are inside certain land vehicles (Armor, Artillery, Speeder, Tauntaun, Mountable Turrets) are not correctly shown as being inside vehicles on the Squad Spawn screen. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
    • Selecting to spawn on squad members who are inside land vehicles will temporarily disable access to the “Choose Character” screen. The issue gets resolved once players choose to spawn in the Default location. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
    • The spawn screen UI will, in rare cases, remain on during gameplay on Strike, or Galactic Assault. The issue gets resolved once players choose to respawn. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.
    • The cooldown timer of the Shock Grenade ability would not be affected by the Resourceful Star Card. The fix has been identified and will be implemented in the next update.

Punch It

I'm glad fixing that chicken running away from the players was top priority or one of the top priorities it's no big deal putting broken Force powers off
  • We need ways to deal with nerf herders in the sky, and on the ground,from the ground, it is so easy to get over welmed by one AT ST or all the speeders on Crait, sorry if I mispelled anything. Although im fine with it for the rebellion and resistance, but not for the separatist and republic, with it being reasonably difficult like in the shows,movies. Please do not nerf the officer class, it is perect for its support and survival.
  • WadeWazHere
    2 posts Member
    edited September 26
    Wish they would have fixed the Takodana/Maz Castle map exploit for HvV by now. Played a round of heroes vs villains and noticed they still haven’t fixed the glitch/map boundary exploit where players can continue beat the timer to get in a tiny corner behind Maz’s castle and hide like cowards. When I see the enemy do it so many times I play as Kylo and freeze them before they reach it. Guilty but satisfying to see that’s what they get.
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 26
    OK, so with all the hotfixes needed in this game the devs added a "spawn timer" in Blast. Really? Really??!!
    WOW, take a fast paced mode where player spawns can make or break a game and add a delay... Who was the Einstein who figured THIS was a good fix to something that wasn't broken to begin with!
    How about fixing the Kylo Ren freeze exploit? How about fixing the "Disabler" and its inability to disable the flamethrower weapon? I'm sure there are many many other hot fixes that players will identify as a greater priority to deal with in this game than a spawn timer in a fast paced shooter mode like BLAST.
    I am truly stunned this was added at all.... How tone deaf can a group of developers be?
    Blast was great before this bonehead addition.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • When you load in on xbox says you are offline. When you push button to connect the cursor disappears and you cannot do anything but still hear the music. It never connects either. Tried it like 6 times to make sure. Don't like update so far...
  • Not only is this neat and all, but the next update is GRIEVOUS!

Crazed Fangirl Scream! IEEEEEEAAHHHH!

I am curious what his "special" abilities will be? There is a very real concern it may make him OP'd if not handled well.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • I did that 50 times

Unplug, wait ten seconds, plug back in, start a riot, and eat a brave chicken. Solved.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 26
    Some really good and welcome changes but why nerf the heavy so much? Community feedback? Read - gave in to whiners who can't be bothered to find cover. Thanks EA. The heavy is dead - no reason to play it and now no way to counter annoying aircraft and speeders.

THIS!!!!
    How so? Nerfing the ION launcher so it isn't a one shot kill weapon is NOT a bad thing. In BF1 the ION launcher didn't kill in one shot either.
    However, I didn't read anything about the ION turret doing MORE damage to vehicles and / or non trooper weaponry. That is concerning since it should be the nemesis to aircraft, speeders, walkers, other turrets, etc.. ION weaponry is supposed to be anti-mechanical and anti-shield in nature.
    The ION turrets in BF1 were a pain in the posterior to pilots trying to provide air cover for their troops or walkers doing the same thing. They weren't strong enough to take you out in one shot, but certainly could if hit several times or they weakened you against other vehicles in game. A welcome equalizer.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Love the squad system, well done! Maybe make heroes work like vehicles, though... Default spawn.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Nice Work for squad system ! I personally love the Wolf clones division :smile:

BUT !! 2v2 in hero Showdown was blocked for my team (4 players...it said that we are too many...) is that normal ? :neutral:
  • Played for about 4 hours today. New squad system saves a lot of needless running. But makes some choke points in GA quite hectic. I’m sure that will be tweaked on the next update. New skins are better than last clone skins. And didn’t use the ion turret or torpedo once because what is the point..... :{

And barely used the heavy.....
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    1v1 private match on hero showdown would be dope.

And if they ever do, they might as well de-restrict factional alliances. Thus, you can be anyone against anyone else.
  • Seems like all the skins were changed to female
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    OK, so with all the hotfixes needed in this game the devs added a "spawn timer" in Blast.

Didn't play any Blast yesterday but the same thing was added to all modes it would seem. It makes sense in GA with the new system but not anywhere else.

It's particularly bad in SA, because you've maybe got enough points for a hero ship but can't select it until the timer ticks down. By which time someone else nips in and maxes out the hero ships. At least in GA you can select a hero straight away then wait for the spawn countdown.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • Well, I always played Heavy and now there is no point in playing the game at all.
  • Well, I tried the game after the last patch and I am really disappointed or more like disgusted. I was loyal to the game from launch, I have over 900 hours in the game but the last patch has really hurt my desire to play the game. I don't understand how anybody can praise this new squad system. Everybody hated waiting 10 seconds on spawn screen but the time could be reduced with more people spawning, now you have to wait 10 seconds every time without exception! Not to mention you cannot pick any advanced classes in that time only to see them taken by somebody else. It's like middle finger to my face every time that happens. (Plus those 10+ seconds really help starfighter spawnkillers. A lot of time to cool down their weapons, get right ammount of distance and aim on enemy air spawn location.) This system also supports coward behaviour because it punishes you for dying as special unit - now everybody is even more afraid to die as special unit/hero/vehicle because they don't have the chance of immediate respawn - you are taking one great FPS motivation from them - chance for quick revenge. Also even though I liked partner system in the first installment, porting that system here really hurts the gameplay here. Who the hell thought it was good idea to increase the number of partners?! This new system has created blockades of infinite spawns on target locations that can be broken only by brute force in high numbers at costs of great losses. Previously one good player could make a difference by going in and weakening the enemy so his teammates could finish the job. Now one lame person does make a difference by serving as spawn point for on-site reinforcements. I used to love Galactic Assault, now I have 0 desire to start that mode ever again. Every big change in this game is for the worse.

I really don't see any reason why Ion Turret should stop targeting infantry now. I used to hate those turrets when they dealt serious damage and could actually kill you very quickly from full health but that changed long ago. Last time I died from ion turret was about four months ago. Ion torpedo was great and I really don't see why it needed another nerf - one heavy could not kill AT-ST/AAT/whatever with it, but two could and it was great that way - I am afraid this new nerf will make the card useless again.
  • NavarDerth wrote: »
    Well, I tried the game after the last patch and I am really disappointed or more like disgusted. I was loyal to the game from launch, I have over 900 hours in the game but the last patch has really hurt my desire to play the game. I don't understand how anybody can praise this new squad system. Everybody hated waiting 10 seconds on spawn screen but the time could be reduced with more people spawning, now you have to wait 10 seconds every time without exception! Not to mention you cannot pick any advanced classes in that time only to see them taken by somebody else. It's like middle finger to my face every time that happens. (Plus those 10+ seconds really help starfighter spawnkillers. A lot of time to cool down their weapons, get right ammount of distance and aim on enemy air spawn location.) This system also supports coward behaviour because it punishes you for dying as special unit - now everybody is even more afraid to die as special unit/hero/vehicle because they don't have the chance of immediate respawn - you are taking one great FPS motivation from them - chance for quick revenge. Also even though I liked partner system in the first installment, porting that system here really hurts the gameplay here. Who the **** thought it was good idea to increase the number of partners?! This new system has created blockades of infinite spawns on target locations that can be broken only by brute force in high numbers at costs of great losses. Previously one good player could make a difference by going in and weakening the enemy so his teammates could finish the job. Now one lame person does make a difference by serving as spawn point for on-site reinforcements. I used to love Galactic Assault, now I have 0 desire to start that mode ever again. Every big change in this game is for the worse.

I really don't see any reason why Ion Turret should stop targeting infantry now. I used to hate those turrets when they dealt serious damage and could actually kill you very quickly from full health but that changed long ago. Last time I died from ion turret was about four months ago. Ion torpedo was great and I really don't see why it needed another nerf - one heavy could not kill AT-ST/AAT/whatever with it, but two could and it was great that way - I am afraid this new nerf will make the card useless again.

You know that if you hit default you spawn in the normal area, right? You don't have to spawn on your squad. And yes, you could kill a tank with one heavy. Critical systems, if ONE lands there they will be done as long as the other two land somewhere.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
    • The squad system is good for regular troopers. To allow heroes to squad spawn though is too strong. For example having good control of a point only to have Yoda, Finn and a Wookie show up out of nowhere turns the tide of a battle too quickly. There's a reason you always show the Hero locations on the minimap to have them grow out of the butt of a sniper hiding in a corner behind you is terrifying.
    • Add me to the list of people saddened by the super buff and now double nerf of the Ion torpedo. I thought where it was at the last patch was good. If I can land all three torpedoes on any vehicle it should be in pretty bad shape. Now it's back to being a 3 - 4 person coordinated job to take out vehicles who in the meantime are racking up dozens of kills.
    • I don't care much about the ion turret not shooting at players. It's very easy to take cover from that slow moving projectile that flashes on your screen that it's locking on and glows very brightly as it lumbers toward you. But fine the community complained. I recommend buffing it against vehicles somewhat. Don't have it lock onto invulnerable vehicles or increase it's firing rate once it has selected a target or both.
    • Also make the space chickens fearless again.
  • Were do i start!! What a Mess!! Way to go dice you just killed the heavy trooper! The community wanted a change to the ion turret? The "elite" gamer's wanted a change in the ION Turret!!! Tell it like it is!!! Again you have nerfed something that let the "average" gamer accumulate BP's W/O being great at CQB. The pre-spawn choice screen is like a bad acid trip, visually taxing!! Just have to wonder,who in there right minds thought it would be a good idea to allow a hero to respawn into the middle of an contested objective, ludicrous!
  • The update crashed the game for me....Can´t connect!!!
  • Were do i start!! What a Mess!! Way to go dice you just killed the heavy trooper! The community wanted a change to the ion turret? The "elite" gamer's wanted a change in the ION Turret!!! Tell it like it is!!! Again you have nerfed something that let the "average" gamer accumulate BP's W/O being great at CQB. The pre-spawn choice screen is like a bad acid trip, visually taxing!! Just have to wonder,who in there right minds thought it would be a good idea to allow a hero to respawn into the middle of an contested objective, ludicrous!

You realise an ion trop on an MTT did around 5 tickets of damage? With time left to load off 3/4 of a TL-50 mag? If every olayer shot one ion torp shot, not even all three each time, it would take 2-3 disruptor shots... Ion turret is fine, it will fire primarily at vehicles now. I play heavy, he is fine now.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • NavarDerth wrote: »
    Well, I tried the game after the last patch and I am really disappointed or more like disgusted. I was loyal to the game from launch, I have over 900 hours in the game but the last patch has really hurt my desire to play the game. I don't understand how anybody can praise this new squad system. Everybody hated waiting 10 seconds on spawn screen but the time could be reduced with more people spawning, now you have to wait 10 seconds every time without exception! Not to mention you cannot pick any advanced classes in that time only to see them taken by somebody else. It's like middle finger to my face every time that happens. (Plus those 10+ seconds really help starfighter spawnkillers. A lot of time to cool down their weapons, get right ammount of distance and aim on enemy air spawn location.) This system also supports coward behaviour because it punishes you for dying as special unit - now everybody is even more afraid to die as special unit/hero/vehicle because they don't have the chance of immediate respawn - you are taking one great FPS motivation from them - chance for quick revenge. Also even though I liked partner system in the first installment, porting that system here really hurts the gameplay here. Who the **** thought it was good idea to increase the number of partners?! This new system has created blockades of infinite spawns on target locations that can be broken only by brute force in high numbers at costs of great losses. Previously one good player could make a difference by going in and weakening the enemy so his teammates could finish the job. Now one lame person does make a difference by serving as spawn point for on-site reinforcements. I used to love Galactic Assault, now I have 0 desire to start that mode ever again. Every big change in this game is for the worse.

I just played a few games with Heavy and my points were cut to about a 3rd, just uninstalled the game. I didn't play it much anyway but when I did I played Heavy. Plus the new spawn is crap, never was that good of a game anyway and now it is on its death spiral.
  • Thanks for reducing Ion Torpedo damage. Now I'll be able to go 51-2 in Galactic Assault on Hoth and Starkiller Base without any realistic opposition. I really needed to level up my starfighter classes, so this helps a lot.
  • Fevee wrote: »
    Jamerson wrote: »
    1v1 private match on hero showdown would be dope.

And if they ever do, they might as well de-restrict factional alliances. Thus, you can be anyone against anyone else.

Yes to both of these!
  • NavarDerth
    114 posts Member
    edited September 27
    NavarDerth wrote: »

You know that if you hit default you spawn in the normal area, right? You don't have to spawn on your squad. And yes, you could kill a tank with one heavy. Critical systems, if ONE lands there they will be done as long as the other two land somewhere.

Where did I write about mandatory spawning only on teammates? I complained about waiting time, about decreased chances to select any advanced class and impossibility to break through infite enemy spawns near objectives.

Few hours ago I played Kashyyyk with quite good team. We got through the first phase with 90% transport health. In the second phase we got the first juggernaut with 7 loses. But the second one was nearly impossible to take because almost entire enemy team kept spawning inside the second juggernaut. We lost 90 units(!!!!!) before we managed to get that position and of course we eventually lost in the 3rd phase because 50 units were hardly enough to win even before this squad system nightmare.

This squad system may work in games with big open team deathmatch maps, but not here. Galactic Assault maps and it's objectives were not designed to work with this squad system and now the game is really broken now because even strong teams can get crushed easily. All it requires is one choke point/corner and one or two enemy players near it serving as spawn spots.

Any decent vehicle player uses star card that decreses damage dealt to critical system and does not show enemy it's critical system and if he does, he deserves to die and allow better players to use that vehicle. But that is my biased opinion. What is not biased is that Ion Torpedo is absolutely useless agains fighters now. Even 4 direct frontal hits hardly damage bombers - infantry is now defenceless against strafing AGAIN because enemy pilots have no reason to fear getting shot by them. Ion Torpedo is useless again. At launch it was useless, then it was OP, then it was OK and now it's useless again.

Let's stop the swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Excellent. You have done well, Lord DICE.
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• The Squad system is a major game changer. Could you guys expand on it? What I mean is, can you make it so we can enter and exit squads whenever. Also can you add squad info to tell us who is in our squad as well as who is dead or alive?
  • I have a bunch of games but this is the only game i have touched in a year, and play it nightly... i've seen some crappy updates, and have never posted, untill now... like the update that caused Endor to be usless, if you never got the package right out, you was doomed... it went on for months, but I still played "alone mostly" because the glitch would not let your team respown for ever, and when you did get back to the spot you had 8 people standing there blowing you away before you could even move, so my whole team would leave, but I stayed to "maybe" take 1 step before getting blowed away... Anyway this update taking the locking turrets away, is wrong over a few people crying about getting shot by them... They ALSO could just change and use heavy if they was just so dangerous eh? So making them usless to us that do use them is not right, when they have the option to use them also, but didn't and just wanted to cry about getting shot by them... I don't care much to be standing there in front of an Assault guy shooting him six times in the face with hevey's biggest gun maxed out, and him turn on Vanguard and shoots me once and i'm dead after pounding him like 6 times either, but I say #$%#$^&#%^& and I go hunt him down when I come back... I dont run here and cry... Lets take the Specialist that I also use, and take his big one shot kill gun away, that blows your head off with one shot "as soon as you respawnd" on the Kamino Cloning Facilty and Jakko, before they can even move... Officers Disruption thing really sucks, and getting hit with and one shot kill Vanguard sucks to, but im not crying about it... its a game, if they can't handle it, and did not want to play useing heavy and the turrets themselves, then go find another game to play and not take stuff away from other players that they like to use....
    Do good stuff for the game, like give us devoted Strike players new places to fight, like blast players get
    how many do they have now?
    By the way it takes longer to get back into the game after getting killed now then it did before, every time i click someone it says there in battle now and you have to click and click and click... I just go the old way.... maybe to be fair to all just change the game and give everyone the same person and give us all sticks, but make all the sticks the same size "mind you" so no one will complain, someone has 1/16th of an inch bigger stick then the others do, or they'll cry about that to... Anyway im like others about done with this game after the new update, and the turret thing, about time to unwrap the 10 or more new games i've not even unwrapped in a year or so yet, everyone on my friends list never come here anymore but 1 there always on Frontline battle what ever that is anyway....

• making it better for the hackerrs an cheaters
  • Ophion
    3 posts Member
    edited September 26
    Has anyone addressed the changes to the number of heroes available on GA? No mention on patch notes and no one has covered it. We had 3 villains on first phase Theed but on 2nd phase the clones had 4 heroes. When one of ours died it did not allow us to replace the fallen villain so we had 2 Vs their 4. Also had same thing on Jakku where on 2nd phase we the resistance had 2 heroes but first order had 3. Is this a glitch? Anyone else noticed this? I'm on Xbox btw
  • Thank god they fixed the chicken

Edited all caps. - EA_Cian

:D
  • By the way it takes longer to get back into the game after getting killed now then it did before, every time i click someone it says there in battle now and you have to click and click and click... I just go the old way.... maybe to be fair to all just change the game and give everyone the same person and give us all sticks, but make all the sticks the same size "mind you" so no one will complain, someone has 1/16th of an inch bigger stick then the others do, or they'll cry about that to... Anyway im like others about done with this game after the new update, and the turret thing, about time to unwrap the 10 or more new games i've not even unwrapped in a year or so yet, everyone on my friends list never come here anymore but 1 there always on Frontline battle what ever that is anyway....
    Yeah the Einstein who decided spawn timers in fast paced modes, like Blast, SA and the like should be moved to another game. They add nothing but more frustration to a game that needs a least a dozen fixes and the devs trot out this nonsense instead....
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 27
    CrazyAce wrote: »
    Thanks for reducing Ion Torpedo damage. Now I'll be able to go 51-2 in Galactic Assault on Hoth and Starkiller Base without any realistic opposition. I really needed to level up my starfighter classes, so this helps a lot.

It was never that powerful in BF1 and players managed just fine... And without a "Heavy" class too, go figure...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 27

You realise an ion trop on an MTT did around 5 tickets of damage? With time left to load off 3/4 of a TL-50 mag? If every olayer shot one ion torp shot, not even all three each time, it would take 2-3 disruptor shots... Ion turret is fine, it will fire primarily at vehicles now. I play heavy, he is fine now.
    That the was purpose of the ION weaponry in BF1. A trooper's counter to vehicles which was critical when playing as rebels against relentless ATST's.
    MTT's and ATAT's are heavily armored to propel and assault forward. Taking them out SHOULD be nearly impossible otherwise it defeats the purpose of an assault. In conquest type map, they'll need to be nerfed.
    BF1 had no real counter to ATST's except T47 speeders which were not on every map and were a favorite target of TIE fighters. BF2 doesn't even have these badboys on any maps other than Hoth which is a constant source of disappointment to me considering ATST's are available on just about all of the post Old Republich maps.

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 27
    mclazarus wrote: »
    • I don't care much about the ion turret not shooting at players. It's very easy to take cover from that slow moving projectile that flashes on your screen that it's locking on and glows very brightly as it lumbers toward you. But fine the community complained. I recommend buffing it against vehicles somewhat. Don't have it lock onto invulnerable vehicles or increase it's firing rate once it has selected a target or both.
    It is the splash damage that kills you, not so much the turret and to be honest, why is a weapon that is supposed to be for taking down vehicles and shields shooting at organic troopers for anyway?? If they are a heavy or specialist with a shield, even an officer's turret, OK that makes sense, but assault and officers on their own? C'mon... Why mix and match your weapon load out when you can have an all in one turret that kills troopers too? I like the change.

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg