criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

New weapons ever?

Anonymous_Tom
158 posts Member
edited October 2018
Are we ever going to get ACTUAL NEW weapons, or just the same four weapons per class?

It seems DICE and the toxic Battlefront Community are too incompetent to ask for some real content beyond Star Wars Dress Up Collector 2. I'm getting ***** sick of it.

DICE wastes our time with "roadmaps" because they don't have an *****-lick of a clue what to do with this game outside of shutting it down.

Its broken, unbalanced and boring as all hell, but I don't expect any less from DICE and EA, the worst developer and publisher out there.

Can't wait to trade in this game for Red Dead II.

[edited language]
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• vVrathh wrote: »
    It’s a disastrous disappointment.

That's an understatement really. Other than hero battles, most of the time people play as the soldier classes. Sure we get a new head skin for resistance fighters & a new clone armor pattern now & then way after game launch, but the lack of new base content to use in-game really makes the game drag. Focusing on heros & skins, just kinda paints the game to focus on grinding quick to be a hero & spend credits on new character skins. The same weapons, the same gear, for this whole game....it does show how "fanbase" appeasing can pull the attention away from long term replay-ability. Even new maps are nice, but we are still stuck with the same trooper items we've had since launch.

Again some people are perfectly loving the content we've been getting. However you can find most star wars games focusing on special characters or heros, BF was the game to enjoy trooper vs. trooper combat to the fullest. Yet that core fundamental aspect has pretty much been thrown aside, bailing on base additional content that would appease a much larger player base.

• vVrathh wrote: »
    It’s a disastrous disappointment.

That's an understatement really. Other than hero battles, most of the time people play as the soldier classes. Sure we get a new head skin for resistance fighters & a new clone armor pattern now & then way after game launch, but the lack of new base content to use in-game really makes the game drag. Focusing on heros & skins, just kinda paints the game to focus on grinding quick to be a hero & spend credits on new character skins. The same weapons, the same gear, for this whole game....it does show how "fanbase" appeasing can pull the attention away from long term replay-ability. Even new maps are nice, but we are still stuck with the same trooper items we've had since launch.

Again some people are perfectly loving the content we've been getting. However you can find most star wars games focusing on special characters or heroes, BF was the game to enjoy trooper vs. trooper combat to the fullest. Yet that core fundamental aspect has pretty much been thrown aside, bailing on base additional content that would appease a much larger player base.

You got the point in this, finally someone who doesn't lack the ability to see the truth.

And about the blasters, I'm pretty sure a new batch will come later this year.

And a little reminder about this game, it is a AAA Early access Game, sold as "complete" at launch, in reality at the date of today we have a pre-launch beta game, it needed more than just 2 years of development (2015-2017) ^_^
  • I agree the weapon choices are limited and the mods dont add much variety. I usually run assault or officer so I have the choice of 8 guns. but really only 2 per class as interchangebale. does anyone use the base weapons with no mods? sometimes if I'm messing around I will use them but it's not for competitive play, just to change it up. no weapons or star cards have been added since launch. I'd be okay with sharing some weapons between classes to give more variety though it would have to be limited to certain guns (officers should not have snipers or heavy weapons, but maybe lighter blaster rifle, heavy dont use pistols etc.). there are still a food number of guns in bf2015 that are not in this game. even just making some of those weapons available for specific classes would be a start. the guns are stale and getting boring. by the way they also are not as satisfying to shoot as they were in bf2015. just doesn't feel the same. no joy
  • People should stop giving this game any hope its over. EA had 2 attempts to make a decent battlefront game, but they ruined it. Just move on and hopefully maybe Disney will do something about this.
  • yes I agree moar weaponz they should allow camo skins for blasters as well
  • People should stop giving this game any hope its over. EA had 2 attempts to make a decent battlefront game, but they ruined it. Just move on and hopefully maybe Disney will do something about this.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • I feel like we should get more customization for every part of the game, including skins, weapons, mods and game modes. I would like the game much better if this was implemented, unlike SWBF 1, SWBF 2 doesn’t have almost any customization.
  • Cyro
    386 posts Member
    This is a really good question!!

What is wrong with the weapons? you only focus on the heroes and nothing else! but they are a minor part of the game! usually 90% of the time you use blasters, so give us more of them!! and half of the blasters we already got are just a hoax because.....why should i be happy when i unlock the DC-15 or 10k blaster? half the blasters are already unlocked as standard weapon for other fractions or eras!!! you pretend like there are 4 blasters to pick from, but its only 2! standard blasters and the new TL50!

where are:
    SE-14C/R
    DL-18
    DL-44
    EE-3
    E-22 (Shore Trooper)
    E-10 (Mud Trooper)
    DT-12
    E-11D (Death Trooper!!!)
    T-21 (!!!)
    The modified Rogue One DH-17s?

There are MODS that can bring those weapons back, but you pretty much ban everybody who uses them!!
  • Anyone should be able to pack an E-11 or an A-280. Specialized versions of those can be relegated to specific classes--that's fine in my book.

But, gawd, yes, I sorely miss the T-21/T-21B from BF1..! BF1 had a lot going for it - still does in my opinion... Which is why we still get on it about 1/3rd the time we spend on BF2.
  • They got to stop making more maps and focus on getting more guns into the game
  • kwruoduih7s0.jpg
  • I think, we need more guns to arc troopers and clone command...
  • EA/DICE don't listen the comunity requests.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • all weapons from every novel, novella, short story, lore, extended lore, movie, video game, tv series, and comic book available to every class always in every game mode on every server for every platform