criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

NFL Fans?

Replies

• You can't like star wars AND sports
  • HTTR

o2iqu72hf8gh.jpg

Maybe next year, Skins...
  • HTTR

o2iqu72hf8gh.jpg

Tough luck all around for Washington. Losing Alex Smith was enough to ruin realistic chances of success this year, but then to lose Colt McCoy...well that pretty much destroyed all hope. AP looked good this year, I'll give him that. Dunno how much gas he has left in the tank, but I'd keep him on the roster at least another year. I'd also keep Josh Johnson on the team. Dude looked really calm out there for a guy who hasn't played in forever. Probably brings a sense of perspective that most current backups don't have.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    HTTR

o2iqu72hf8gh.jpg

Tough luck all around for Washington. Losing Alex Smith was enough to ruin realistic chances of success this year, but then to lose Colt McCoy...well that pretty much destroyed all hope. AP looked good this year, I'll give him that. Dunno how much gas he has left in the tank, but I'd keep him on the roster at least another year. I'd also keep Josh Johnson on the team. Dude looked really calm out there for a guy who hasn't played in forever. Probably brings a sense of perspective that most current backups don't have.

Josh Johnson did better than I could ever have hoped for. A lot of rumors that the players quit on the coach and organization. Then they went out there, on the road, beat Jacksonville and was ever so close to knocking off Tennessee to keep the playoffs alive. A team decimated by injuries and scandals never quit. Not sure if I can ask for more. HTTR.
  • Huge Saints fan although my best friend plays for Jacksonville lol, he’s also a saints fan though. You guys are right though, this is a different game than it once was, same as the nba. No d and feels more like wwe entertainment now.

I'm not a Saints fan, but I'm a HUGE Brees fan. Also a big fan of Taysom Hill. At BYU, I watched that guy single-handedly destroy the Texas Longhorns two years in a row. My wife is the real Longhorns fan in the house, so "Taysom" became a bad word in our house. It didn't help that I made a habit of saying "Taysom is Awesome!" Glad to see that kid got a job in the NFL, but I do NOT think he will be a starting QB some day. Not for a winning team, no. He's utilized just about perfectly right now by the Saints.
    Huge Saints fan although my best friend plays for Jacksonville lol, he’s also a saints fan though. You guys are right though, this is a different game than it once was, same as the nba. No d and feels more like wwe entertainment now.

I'm not a Saints fan, but I'm a HUGE Brees fan. Also a big fan of Taysom Hill. At BYU, I watched that guy single-handedly destroy the Texas Longhorns two years in a row. My wife is the real Longhorns fan in the house, so "Taysom" became a bad word in our house. It didn't help that I made a habit of saying "Taysom is Awesome!" Glad to see that kid got a job in the NFL, but I do NOT think he will be a starting QB some day. Not for a winning team, no. He's utilized just about perfectly right now by the Saints.

He’s such an athletic player and seems like a great guy, the team seems to really fall behind him when he’s in. Brees is Brees but getting up there in age like Brady, hope they can get it done this year but it’s gonna be tough.
  • I saw the Titans v Colts game last night. Sorry @AzorAhai . But on the bright side they played a few great games to even get in position to almost make the playoffs.
  • I saw the Titans v Colts game last night. Sorry @AzorAhai . But on the bright side they played a few great games to even get in position to almost make the playoffs.

Thank you. Yeah, with the injuries we had this year, it was nice to even be playing for a playoff spot in the end. In the 3rd quarter, when we pulled to within 7 (24-17), I realized that was realistically the closest we were ever going to come to winning the game. It would have taken offensive miracles to get any closer.

3 winning seasons in a row for us though, and I'm happy for that. It's been a long time since I've seen that.

Patriots haven't looked their best this year, but it surprises no one that they get a bye. Tough road ahead to get to the Bowl, but even with Chiefs looking as good as they have this year, I'd put my money on the Pats making a strong push. Mahomes has magic, but he doesn't have playoff experience.
    I saw the Titans v Colts game last night. Sorry @AzorAhai . But on the bright side they played a few great games to even get in position to almost make the playoffs.

Thank you. Yeah, with the injuries we had this year, it was nice to even be playing for a playoff spot in the end. In the 3rd quarter, when we pulled to within 7 (24-17), I realized that was realistically the closest we were ever going to come to winning the game. It would have taken offensive miracles to get any closer.

3 winning seasons in a row for us though, and I'm happy for that. It's been a long time since I've seen that.

Patriots haven't looked their best this year, but it surprises no one that they get a bye. Tough road ahead to get to the Bowl, but even with Chiefs looking as good as they have this year, I'd put my money on the Pats making a strong push. Mahomes has magic, but he doesn't have playoff experience.

In most divisions 9 wins would have been good enough for second place at least. The Titans were unlucky to have two teams with 10+ wins this year in their division.

Gronk looks like a shadow of his former self. The defense doesn’t look too good, but I feel it’s getting better. I’m not worried about Brady. He has 800 more yards than he did in 2016, and more touchdown passes than in that year. He hasn’t had a great season, but it’s definitely not his worst. In fact, when it comes to passing yards he has only had six seasons better than this one, compared to thirteen seasons where he was worse. “Reports of Tom Brady’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.”
  • AzorAhai
    1326 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    I saw the Titans v Colts game last night. Sorry @AzorAhai . But on the bright side they played a few great games to even get in position to almost make the playoffs.

In most divisions 9 wins would have been good enough for second place at least. The Titans were unlucky to have two teams with 10+ wins this year in their division.

Gronk looks like a shadow of his former self. The defense doesn’t look too good, but I feel it’s getting better. I’m not worried about Brady. He has 800 more yards than he did in 2016, and more touchdown passes than in that year. He hasn’t had a great season, but it’s definitely not his worst. In fact, when it comes to passing yards he has only had six seasons better than this one, compared to thirteen seasons where he was worse. “Reports of Tom Brady’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.”

Chargers coming to town. Should be a good game.

• Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Have to be honest I think it’s a terrible sport

Only one football and that’s “soccer”

Wait just a minute! @MyLittleGreenFriend, you are a Patriots fan? We are now official enemies! As a long time Dolphin fan I’ll just say this. The day that Brady finally retires... “will be a day long remembered”.
  • Dallas is going crazy.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Everywhere I turned I hear either Dallas is going to lose, of the diehard fans saying Dallas will win.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • GO COWBOYS!
  • rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Everywhere I turned I hear either Dallas is going to lose, of the diehard fans saying Dallas will win.

I think they have a legitimate shot at beating LA but I’m not getting too excited. All I hear in my head when I start thinking about a win is Stephen A’s voice “accident waiting to happen” lol

#infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Everywhere I turned I hear either Dallas is going to lose, of the diehard fans saying Dallas will win.

I think they have a legitimate shot at beating LA but I’m not getting too excited. All I hear in my head when I start thinking about a win is Stephen A’s voice “accident waiting to happen” lol

I don't do Stephen A Smith at all. Haha.

But I just went to the grocery store, donned in a Titans t-shirt and a partially zipped up Cowboys hoodie. Lots of Cowboys fans in there representing. A guy wearing an Elliot jersey finished checking out as I did, we nodded at one another, I said 'Go Cowboys!'

He said 'Go Cowboys baby!'

Lol.

I hope this kind of fun can last beyond today.

• There is a guy at my work who is going to shave his head to look like the cowboys' star.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • There is a guy at my work who is going to shave his head to look like the cowboys' star.

Only if they win though.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    edited January 13
    There is a guy at my work who is going to shave his head to look like the cowboys' star.

Only if they win though.

Sounds like something I’d make a bet on with a friend that isn’t a Cowboy fan. I’ll keep this in mind for the future lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
    rollind24 wrote: »

I don't do Stephen A Smith at all. Haha.

But I just went to the grocery store, donned in a Titans t-shirt and a partially zipped up Cowboys hoodie. Lots of Cowboys fans in there representing. A guy wearing an Elliot jersey finished checking out as I did, we nodded at one another, I said 'Go Cowboys!'

He said 'Go Cowboys baby!'

Lol.

I hope this kind of fun can last beyond today.

The Stephen A voice in my head is for real, I heard it when the Seahawks made the two point conversion and were going for the onside kick at the end of the game last week lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
    GO COWBOYS!

Well that didn’t turn out great...

I was rooting for the Cowboys too (in large part due to the fact that I was watching with some friends who are massive Cowboys fans), but the Rams’ offense is pretty insane.
    GO COWBOYS!

I was rooting for the Cowboys too (in large part due to the fact that I was watching with some friends who are massive Cowboys fans), but the Rams’ offense is pretty insane.

Yeah, I thought Dallas played a good game. Their only hope really was to play a good game and hope the rams played a bad one, which they definitely didn't. The better team won.

Best of luck to your Patriots today.
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    GO COWBOYS!

Yeah, I thought Dallas played a good game. Their only hope really was to play a good game and hope the rams played a bad one, which they definitely didn't. The better team won.

Best of luck to your Patriots today.

The Pats embarrassed the LAC. I’m currently watching Saints vs Eagles. I can’t quite decide who to cheer for... on the one hand I think the Patriots have a better chance of beating the Eagles, but they beat us in SB LII so I can’t cheer for them, can I?
  • Man my Saints looked bad, unprepared, more like they stayed out on Burbon St the week they had off. The Rams looked good and the Pats looked scary good. Not sure if the Chiefs looked that good or the Colts were just that bad.
  • Well, now that the Cowboys and Eagles are out of the hunt, I can at least guarantee that there's a team I can root for in the Superbowl! Phew! Now, knock out the Pats and I will finally have a Superbowl where I can sit back, relax, enjoy it, and not feel some overwhelming amount of pressure to root against a certain team. That sounds simply lovely.
  • Don’t get your hopes up. Every Super Bowl goes through NE. I’ll be surprised if they don’t make it.
  • Kind of thinking Kansas might win and get to the Super Bowl. Possibly even win that too.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Chiefs looked good last weekend, but so did New Orleans, LA, and NE.

Nothing but good teams remaining.

I give KC a slight edge on NE but I wouldn't put money on it.

Gotta give the Saints a bit more of an edge over the Rams, but who knows.
  • Well, now that the Cowboys and Eagles are out of the hunt, I can at least guarantee that there's a team I can root for in the Superbowl! Phew! Now, knock out the Pats and I will finally have a Superbowl where I can sit back, relax, enjoy it, and not feel some overwhelming amount of pressure to root against a certain team. That sounds simply lovely.

Agreed on rooting against the Pats lol. Would be great to not have a rooting interest or team I hate in the SuperBowl.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • @rollind24 @BeastlyCrawdad @AzorAhai I don’t mean to offend you guys, (and sorry if I am) but I feel like the Cowboys underachieve a little? They have a great QB, a great RB, and one of the best defenses in the league. What holds them back? On paper they look scary good, and because they have a young team I would bet that they could be the next dynasty.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Well, now that the Cowboys and Eagles are out of the hunt, I can at least guarantee that there's a team I can root for in the Superbowl! Phew! Now, knock out the Pats and I will finally have a Superbowl where I can sit back, relax, enjoy it, and not feel some overwhelming amount of pressure to root against a certain team. That sounds simply lovely.

Agreed on rooting against the Pats lol. Would be great to not have a rooting interest or team I hate in the SuperBowl.

TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JK. I actually enjoy SBs more if the Patriots aren’t in them. I get so nervous lol.
  • @rollind24 @BeastlyCrawdad @AzorAhai I don’t mean to offend you guys, (and sorry if I am) but I feel like the Cowboys underachieve a little? They have a great QB, a great RB, and one of the best defenses in the league. What holds them back? On paper they look scary good, and because they have a young team I would bet that they could be the next dynasty.

Interesting.

I wear their colors sometimes, but I'm a Titans fan first and foremost. Plus, the truth never offends me.

The Cowboys did a lot better than I expected this year. Really good defense, but they need to solidify that O-Line and get a bonafide #2 receiver or Tight End (Jarwin looks like he might have what it takes, we'll see next year).

That's really preventing them from taking the next step.

There's a strong argument to be made that they should get a new head coach, but until Jerry steps away from running things (I think his son is doing a lot more behind the scenes these days), there's no way they can attract a great HC.

I'm pulling for the Chiefs Sunday for a couple reasons. Well, you know...you guys have so many championships. But I was a kid when I found out the Chiefs were originally the Dallas Texans, and I've felt partial to that organization ever since (though you'll never catch me wearing their gear, unless someone gives me a Dallas Texans hat).

I don't mind, and you can't offend me by saying anything about the cowboys.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

What’s holding them back? The owner, er, I’m mean GM.. Eh, wait... the...

You know who I mean.
  • Man, I wish I knew this topic existed prior to right now. As a Jets and Giants fan, I never had any reason to be optimistic about the season, but I would have at least been able to root for any team beating the Pats, Eagles and Cowboys. ;)

Anyway, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs and Saints this weekend, mainly because I like Brees and hate the Pats.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    Man, I wish I knew this topic existed prior to right now. As a Jets and Giants fan, I never had any reason to be optimistic about the season, but I would have at least been able to root for any team beating the Pats, Eagles and Cowboys. ;)

Anyway, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs and Saints this weekend, mainly because I like Brees and hate the Pats.

Welcome to the thread!

So what's the deal with Eli? Y'all gonna look at drafting an eventual successor?
    Man, I wish I knew this topic existed prior to right now. As a Jets and Giants fan, I never had any reason to be optimistic about the season, but I would have at least been able to root for any team beating the Pats, Eagles and Cowboys. ;)

As a Dolphin fan, I understand you regarding NE. Still, I’d really like Brady/Brees SB. We had a Brees/Manning. Brady and Brees are near the end and are two of the all time greats. I like to see them, and their coaches, in a SB.
  • Thanks.
    If it were up to me I'd pay him to play the next season while trying to draft the future QB with the number 6 pick. I wouldn't rush a rookie QB onto the field, and Manning has a lot to teach. But really, who knows what the Giants are going to do?
    Problem is, we need to upgrade at a lot of Defensive positions and also upgrade that O-line.
  • ...Brady and Brees are near the end and are two of the all time greats. ...

I would have loved to see a Brees vs. Rivers Superbowl. Old QB vs. Old QB. Plus I feel like even though Rivers is a great QB, never winning a Super Bowl leads many to undervalue his accomplishments.

I would like to root for Brady as an old timer, but I'm a Jets fan and I also hate seeing the same teams in the Super Bowl year after year.

Thanks.
    If it were up to me I'd pay him to play the next season while trying to draft the future QB with the number 6 pick. I wouldn't rush a rookie QB onto the field, and Manning has a lot to teach. But really, who knows what the Giants are going to do?
    Problem is, we need to upgrade at a lot of Defensive positions and also upgrade that O-line.

I think that would be a prudent plan. A lot of people are negative on Eli, but that guy was CLUTCH in two playoffs. He leaves on his own terms, as far as I'm concerned (as an outsider anway).

For your other team, I'm not a fan of Gase, but he will do better with Darnold than Bowles would have, so hiring him was probably a good thing.

• Yeah, Bowles was too defensive minded. I would have liked to see McCarthy get the job because of his 13 years of experience, but it looks like Gase could be a good thing for the Jets and Darnold. The Jets have the number 3 pick in the draft, and I hope they use it wisely.
    McCarthy actually had a "New York or stay out" mindset, but since the Jets went with Gase, he's taking the year off of coaching. He's still getting paid by the Packers anyway (I believe it's north of 7 million).

As for Eli, I think the Giants owe him a lot, and I generally don't think that about any single NFL player. At the very least they owe him the ability to leave the game as a Giant or stick around in a coaching capacity or something.
    ...Brady and Brees are near the end and are two of the all time greats. ...

I would have loved to see a Brees vs. Rivers Superbowl. Old QB vs. Old QB. Plus I feel like even though Rivers is a great QB, never winning a Super Bowl leads many to undervalue his accomplishments.

I would like to root for Brady as an old timer, but I'm a Jets fan and I also hate seeing the same teams in the Super Bowl year after year.

Agreed on Rivers. And once Brady does finally retire, our division is wide open!
  • The thing is, I don't know about that. I think it's more about Belichick. That guy puts together a great team and a great game plan. Plus, whatever other methods* he finds for winning. When Brady went out for a season I think they went 11-5 with Cassell?
    The only time I've seen the Pats struggle is when the opposing coach went with a simple plan and the opposing team out-muscled the Pats, especially if they hit Brady early and often.

*not to be a conspiracy guy or anything, but Belichick has a history of doing things that I consider unfair. Cheating might be word, but in any case, he has an "anything to win" attitude.

The team might decline without Brady, but I think Belichick will find a way to keep them competitive.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3487 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Rook008 wrote: »

Wow, I’m really a lone rock amid the sea in this thread as a Patriots fan.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Lol, try being a Jets fan in NY. Everybody here seems to prefer the Giants and only liked the Jets when they went to two AFC Championship games back when Ryan was the coach.

But anyway, the Pats have a pretty big fan base.

Edit: the "LOL" vote was because I thought your post was pretty funny, not because you're a Pats fan. :)

Wow, I’m really a lone rock amid the sea in this thread as a Patriots fan.

LOL.

It must be HARD to be a Patriots fan!
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    edited January 17
    I think I read somewhere that the Pats are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL behind only the Cowboys.
    Needless to say, it was not good news as a Jets and Giants fan. :#
    I think I read somewhere that the Pats are the second most valuable franchise in the NFL behind only the Cowboys.
    Needless to say, it was not good news as a Jets and Giants fan. :#

Last time I checked they were third behind Dallas and Green Bay. They do have a big fan base because 1. They are successful. and 2. They are the New England Patriots, so they have fans in all of New England, and not just one city.