criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

NFL Fans?

123457Next

Replies

• Life is meaningless and full of pain.

I'm kidding. I finally got to actually watch a Titans game last night, and it appears to me that they have serious offensive line issues.

If we can somehow beat the Falcons next week, then I'll have my wish of going 2-2 during this 4-week suspension of our best offensive lineman. Just hoping that will bring about some changes to our offensive production.
  • hoping for Kansas vs Patriots in AFC championship again. That game was insane it was the real Superbowl imo
    g5nbsc0lc37n.gif
  • Well... AB didn't ruin the season...
    rollind24 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I’m not a giants fan but I want to see manning be successful.
    Same for gurley.
    So I’m hoping the giants and the rams have good seasons.

Only two things I enjoy seeing Eli do is his “Eli face” and beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I'm going to REALLY enjoy watching the Patriots destroy the Giants later this year.

Pats look Godly right now.

They do but the Steelers and Dolphins also look polarly awful.

Dolphins are probably tanking, and they might be the worst team in NFL history. I'll defend the Steelers, because they lost to Seattle by less than a field goal despite Big Ben missing a good chunk of the game.

Man... You had to go and say it out loud...

Sheesh!

My bad... I forgot!

• rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited September 21
    And just like that AB is back on the Fantasy bench lol

qlbpp3pcp4gl.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • That Ravens/Chiefs game yesterday was awesome. I'm traditionally a Ravens hater, and I tend to like the Chiefs, but near the end of that game I found myself pulling for Baltimore. Both of the quarterbacks in that game are amazing.

I also watched the Texans/Chargers game, and pulled for the L.A. of course (my wife, the Houston fan, didn't approve). But that one was a good game too. Also, couple great quarterbacks in that one too. I'm a Rivers fan, and Watson, even though he plays for my hated rivals, is starting to grow on me.

I did NOT watch the Cowboys game. We all knew that one wasn't going to be competitive.
  • AzorAhai
    1362 posts Member
    Saints & Bills defenses looked superb Sunday.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Saints & Bills defenses looked superb Sunday.

Boy, our O-Line and receiving core looked awful. Brady & McDaniels had been masking those problems, but neither of them could do anything. Luckily, our defense is ridiculous this year, and Matthew Slater is a special teams god. The Bills are a VERY good defense though, so hopefully we can get back on track @ Washington.
  • The Giants Defense still sucks, they just looked not terrible because they were playing the Redskins. No pass rush and pretty poor coverage from the secondary. And they've got more injured Linebackers than active ones.
    Jones looks good at QB, and his mobility is a huge plus over Eli, but I hate seeing Eli on the sideline. And now Barkley is out for at least a month. Gallman looked okay, but again, they were playing the 'Skins. They're going to need Tate to get up to speed quickly coming off of suspension for a big game against the Vikings.
    It's going to be a long season. :'(

The less said about the Jets, the better. Except for Bell and a slightly better than average Defense, nothing is working. I blame Gase.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • AzorAhai
    1362 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    The Giants Defense still sucks, they just looked not terrible because they were playing the Redskins. No pass rush and pretty poor coverage from the secondary. And they've got more injured Linebackers than active ones.
    Jones looks good at QB, and his mobility is a huge plus over Eli, but I hate seeing Eli on the sideline. And now Barkley is out for at least a month. Gallman looked okay, but again, they were playing the 'Skins. They're going to need Tate to get up to speed quickly coming off of suspension for a big game against the Vikings.
    It's going to be a long season. :'(

The less said about the Jets, the better. Except for Bell and a slightly better than average Defense, nothing is working. I blame Gase.

Where does Eli go from here? Will he ride off into the sunset after this year? Do you expect him to look to be traded, or remain a Giant, as a backup?

• Well, it's kind of hard to speculate.
    Eli has a no-trade clause in his contract, but he thinks he still has a few years of football left. I think he'd make a great teaching backup, or even a QB coach, but he wants to actually play.
    If I had to guess right now, I think he might see if there's a team that shows interest after the season is over.
    I'd prefer if he retired and took a job with the Giants, like David Tyree did.
  • Well, all 3 of my football team lost this weekend. The silver lining is that it's been a while since I've experienced this. I just wish I were able to watch Titans games, because they obviously have issues, but I can't personally diagnose their problems, and have to rely on post-game articles and commentary.
    Well, all 3 of my football team lost this weekend. The silver lining is that it's been a while since I've experienced this. I just wish I were able to watch Titans games, because they obviously have issues, but I can't personally diagnose their problems, and have to rely on post-game articles and commentary.

I have NFL RedZone, so I see a lot of teams. I've only watched one full Titans game this year, their loss to the Jags on TNF, but from what I've seen, they have massive issues on the offensive line. Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis are only averaging 3.7 and 3.5 yards per carry respectively, and they've given up more sacks than any other team in the NFL. Luckily, the Titans have a great defense that ranks #5 in the NFL.

Funnily, it seems like the Patriots have similar issues. We rank 28th in yards per carry. Luckily, Brady looks as good as ever with the exception of the Bills game, where he was awful, and the defense is #1 in points per game, yards per game, yards lost due to sacks, QB hits, interceptions, defensive touchdowns, passer rating against, net yards per attempt against, sack percentage, completion percentage against, passes defended, 3rd down percentage against, Red Zone TD percentage against, etc. Regardless, I really do feel like the Patriots need a deep threat WR who can beat people over the top. I'm hoping for Diggs, AJ Green, or AB, if he's cleared of all his charges.
  • Yeah the Patriots appear to have the best defense in the NFL.

My cable company cut out Red Zone and the NFL Network this season. I didn't complain at all because I knew it would give me more free time, and it has!
  • Looks like this will be Marcus Mariota's last season in Tennessee. Ryan Tannehill has been anounced as the starter next week.

I have mixed emotions. I tend to be loyal to a fault in regards to Tennessee quarterbacks, so my inclination is to make excuses for Mariota, but it's out of my control. I hope Tannehill shines, but in a lot of ways his career is similar to Mariota's (minus a playoff win).
    Looks like this will be Marcus Mariota's last season in Tennessee. Ryan Tannehill has been anounced as the starter next week.

I have mixed emotions. I tend to be loyal to a fault in regards to Tennessee quarterbacks, so my inclination is to make excuses for Mariota, but it's out of my control. I hope Tannehill shines, but in a lot of ways his career is similar to Mariota's (minus a playoff win).

Mariota had some great moments, obviously the biggest of which was the Chiefs comeback in the playoffs, but he never really had much elite level talent around him on offense, and it seemed like (just from what I've seen) he struggled to master passing from the pocket. On the bright side, he somehow has a higher career playoff passer rating than Tom Brady.

Tannehill is Tannehill, and he is pretty similar to Mariota, although he's probably a more consistent pocket passer (two seasons of 4000+ yards, three years of 20+ touchdowns). Fortunately, the 2020 draft looks like it will be loaded at the QB position (from what little I know about College Football), so the Titans could probably land a franchise quarterback if they decide to go that direction.
    Looks like this will be Marcus Mariota's last season in Tennessee. Ryan Tannehill has been anounced as the starter next week.

Mariota had some great moments, obviously the biggest of which was the Chiefs comeback in the playoffs, but he never really had much elite level talent around him on offense, and it seemed like (just from what I've seen) he struggled to master passing from the pocket. On the bright side, he somehow has a higher career playoff passer rating than Tom Brady.

Tannehill is Tannehill, and he is pretty similar to Mariota, although he's probably a more consistent pocket passer (two seasons of 4000+ yards, three years of 20+ touchdowns). Fortunately, the 2020 draft looks like it will be loaded at the QB position (from what little I know about College Football), so the Titans could probably land a franchise quarterback if they decide to go that direction.

Yeah, the bright side is that I really want to sweep the Texans this year (and every year), and the way they're playing and the way we're playing even beating them once would be a feat. I still don't really expect us to sweep them, or even win one, but the change-up at QB brings enough unknowns that I have to say it's at least possible at this point.

Catch me in a couple weeks and I may not have that positive of an outlook, but I have it at this moment, and that's something I guess. LOL.

• Anyone watch my Lions get cheated on MNF against the Packers?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

I watched all but the final 30 minutes of that game. I had to take care of some stuff and thought I'd have time to get back to it. When I did get back, they were interviewing Aaron Rodgers post-game.

I've read articles about it, but didn't see it.

For what it's worth, I was pulling for Detroit.

Yeah, saw it. Didn't agree with the calls, but calls get blown (even after being challenged) in the NFL.
    The League went as far as saying the second call was incorrect, but can't do anything about it now, unfortunately.

Bro.....our lions got shafted again and it really makes me want to stop watching the games tbh
    Anyone watch my Lions get cheated on MNF against the Packers?

I watched all but the final 30 minutes of that game. I had to take care of some stuff and thought I'd have time to get back to it. When I did get back, they were interviewing Aaron Rodgers post-game.

I've read articles about it, but didn't see it.

For what it's worth, I was pulling for Detroit.

Trey Flowers got called for 2 illegal hands to the face calls in that game. He had not been called for that penalty in his entire CAREER prior to that game (he played for the Patriots for years).