criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

NFL Fans?

Replies

• AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    I’m writing a letter to the league to see if the Haslam’s, Jimmy and Dee, can be forced to sell the Browns to someone who actually knows how to build and maintain a successful NFL franchise for the city of Cleveland.

As a life long Browns fan this has become intolerable. Worst professional sports team in the history of sports. Shame.

The Browns have a great fan base that deserves a lot better than they've been given the last 10 years or so.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think the Giants big problem on Offense is the O-line. They're not as good as DJ thinks they are. He holds the ball too long and bad things happen. Saquon should have stayed out longer until he was 100%.
    The Jets haven't used Bell properly, I think. The O-Line is also not playing well in either run or pass blocking. Too many injuries, including their big free agent signing at LB.

Who would you like to see get the HC job for the Giants?
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Titans played very conservatively against the Texans yesterday. I mean, with all the players they rested, the only way they'd win that game is if we made serious errors. But that gets us in the playoffs, and we're 9-7 for 4 seasons in a row now. We were horrible for so many years, I'm fairly happy with so many consecutive winning seasons.

@MyLittleGreenFriend - Best of luck Saturday night!

I have to admit, I was rooting against the Titans yesterday because I think they were by far the best of the possible six seeds, and tbh I would much rather play Buffalo. Henry looks like the hottest RB in the league, and Tannehill has been pretty great all year. Best of luck, although I think we'll need it more than you.

We're good enough to make you sweat a little, but y'all got the greatest head coach and QB of all time, the league's #1 defense, and home-field advantage. The Pats have to be the favorites in this one.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »

To be honest, I have no idea who would help the Giants the most. I keep hearing things about Matt Rhule, Mike McCarthy, and Don Martindale, but I don't really know much about them.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »

To be honest, I have no idea who would help the Giants the most. I keep hearing things about Matt Rhule, Mike McCarthy, and Don Martindale, but I don't really know much about them.

It's always a crapshoot, really. Years ago I really really wanted Ken Whisenhunt to come to Tennessee. He did, but be careful what you wish for...LOL.

I guess I didn't pay attention enough to why Shurmur had to go. Maybe I just gave him too much credit from afar? In his press conferences he seemed to have a good handle on things.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    The Browns remind me of the Cowboys. They have a whole lot of talent on both sides of the ball, but can't seem to win games.

Thats what I was thinking. Plus both of the HC got fired too lmao.

Super Bowl Predictions?

Mine is SF 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens with Ravens winning
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    49ers vs Ravens seems almost inevitable.

But you can't fully count out the Chiefs or the Saints.
  • I really think the Saints are being slept on. I just feel like this is Brees' last ride, and I think the Saints are motivated beyond belief.
  • I really think the Saints are being slept on. I just feel like this is Brees' last ride, and I think the Saints are motivated beyond belief.

I think the Saints are good but the competition is better plus I feel Brees old age and injuries will play a factor

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• @AzorAhai

Congrats on the win! Derrick Henry looked unstoppable and the defense incredible in the second half, and Tannehill did just enough. I thought that we could have won if Edelman hadn't dropped that third-down pass, but that's the NFL. You guys made the plays that you needed to make, and you deserved to win.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    @AzorAhai

Congrats on the win! Derrick Henry looked unstoppable and the defense incredible in the second half, and Tannehill did just enough. I thought that we could have won if Edelman hadn't dropped that third-down pass, but that's the NFL. You guys made the plays that you needed to make, and you deserved to win.

Thanks! It was a tense game. I thought the ball was tipped enroute to Edelman, but he still should have caught it. The illegal lineman downfield snuffed out a huge gain too. The goal line stand that the Titans made in the first half was clutch, and my favorite series of the game overall.

• AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    I really think the Saints are being slept on. I just feel like this is Brees' last ride, and I think the Saints are motivated beyond belief.

I think the Saints are good but the competition is better plus I feel Brees old age and injuries will play a factor

Turns out you're right. I thought the Saints would have a little more in the tank than they did. Brees had that crucial fumble on their 2nd to last drive, and you gotta wonder if that hand injury he suffered earlier in the season played a big role in the turnover (it certainly didn't help).

At this point the Chiefs are the only final 8 team that was in the final 8 last season.
    I really think the Saints are being slept on. I just feel like this is Brees' last ride, and I think the Saints are motivated beyond belief.

Turns out you're right. I thought the Saints would have a little more in the tank than they did. Brees had that crucial fumble on their 2nd to last drive, and you gotta wonder if that hand injury he suffered earlier in the season played a big role in the turnover (it certainly didn't help).

At this point the Chiefs are the only final 8 team that was in the final 8 last season.

Brees lost that game for them. If Brees tucks the ball there and goes down Saints win. The hand injury could have played a key factor in that. This round looks like its gonna be loads of fun to watch. Great upsets in the wildcard though

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

@AzorAhai

Thanks! It was a tense game. I thought the ball was tipped enroute to Edelman, but he still should have caught it. The illegal lineman downfield snuffed out a huge gain too. The goal line stand that the Titans made in the first half was clutch, and my favorite series of the game overall.

The goal line stand was amazing, but it also had me shouting at my TV because of the Josh McDaniels' unwillingness to call LITERALLY ANYTHING other than outside zone.
  • Prediction...

The Tennessee Titans upset the Baltimore Ravens this week. Then they beat the Kansas City Chiefs next weekend, but at that point it won’t be considered an upset.

Y’all heard it here first folks.

@MyLittleGreenFriend. What’s next for Brady?
  • Prediction...

The Tennessee Titans upset the Baltimore Ravens this week. Then they beat the Kansas City Chiefs next weekend, but at that point it won’t be considered an upset.

No Baltimore is much better than New England. The Ravens Offense is much more unpredictable and high powered. The Ravens defense is also miles better.

I think Brady wants another Super Bowl before he retires

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Prediction...

No Baltimore is much better than New England. The Ravens Offense is much more unpredictable and high powered. The Ravens defense is also miles better.

I think Brady wants another Super Bowl before he retires

I agree with what you say; however, this is the playoffs and on any given Sunday...

The Titans can play with any team in the league, even if they aren’t the better team on paper. If Tannehill had started the season they’d likely be a 5 loss team. Maybe even 4.

Anyway, in any given season an underdog team typically rises up to challenge those teams considered better. This year, it’s the Titans. Well, that’s what I think at least.

The Raves are a great team, but they are not a lock to win.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    I'll be surprised if Tennessee wins, but I'll be more surprised if we're beaten badly this weekend.
  • Prediction...

I think that scenario is definitely possible. My prediction: whichever team outgains the other on the ground will be victorious. The Ravens broke the record for rushing yards this year, but I can't remember the last time a running back was as hot as Derrick Henry is now.

I firmly believe Brady will be back. He's not going to go out like this, not when he feels like he still has something left in him. Whether or not he stays in New England is a different issue entirely, however. His latest Instagram post seems to indicate that he'll stay:

"In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You don't always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again.
    And that’s right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove."

To me, there are two things that stand out to me. The first is that he cryptically states that he'll be "in the arena again." I don't know if he means that he'll return to the Patriots or just to the NFL in general. The second is that he states that he "still has more to prove." At first, this seemed utterly ridiculous to me. He is nearly universally considered to be the greatest of all time (to such a degree that Pro Football Reference lists "GOAT" as Brady's nickname), and he's accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the NFL. This might just seem like Brady's typical 199th pick, underdog mentality, but to me, it signifies something far bigger. There really is just one thing left to prove for Brady: that he was more important and influential to the dynasty than Bill Belichick. The easiest way to do this would be leaving for another team, but he could also potentially stay in NE and outlast Bill. I think Brady's future is just up in the air at this point.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4930 posts Member
    edited January 9
    @MyLittleGreenFriend

He has absolutely nothing to prove. He is the most successful QB of all time.

He’ll be returning to the game I’m sure. But NE? Not so sure. They tend to move on from players rather quickly, without any loyalty to past achievements. Brady, if anyone, could be the exception. Should be, really.

If he does move on, do us a favor... Send him down south. 😊
  • @MyLittleGreenFriend

He has absolutely nothing to prove. He is the most successful QB of all time.

He’ll be returning to the game I’m sure. But NE? Not so sure. They tend to move on from players rather quickly, without any loyalty to past achievements. Brady, if anyone, could be the exception. Should be, really.

If he does move on, do us a favor... Send him down south. 😊

Miami is certainly a possible destination because of Brady's connection to Brian Flores. The most likely teams for me are the Patriots and Chargers, followed by the Bucs and Dolphins.
  • I don't think Brady will go to a bottom feeder team like Miami. He would go to somewhere where he actually stood a chance no?

If the Ravens lose Im just going to stop watching the NFL. Its not fun being a Loins fan and if my bad luck starts to affect my second team I'll be done lmao

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Oh boy the Ravens look awful after the 1st half. Recivers cant catch and defense forgot how to tackle

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Prediction...

Yeah... So like I was saying...

They won t be underdogs next week.
  • Titans!
  • That game was wow.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    edited January 13
    In 2008, the Titans had the best record in the NFL, and the Ravens came into Nashville as the 6th seed and eliminated us from the playoffs. That account has been balanced.

I got no predictions about next week's game. We beat KC in Nashville earlier this year, but both teams have improved in different ways since then. I do think the Titans got a shot at winning, but I wouldn't even make a friendly bet on this one.
    Post edited by AzorAhai on
  • I'm reading that ESPN is going to attempt to bring Tony Romo to MNF. It's a great and needed move. MNF is at an all time low as I see it.
  • I've been seeing the same thing. Romo and Nantz are, in my opinion, one of the best duos when it comes to NFL commentary. This would be a big win for MNF.
  • Romo will be a better announcer than he was a qb.
  • He was a pretty good QB... during the regular season.
    I've been seeing the same thing. Romo and Nantz are, in my opinion, one of the best duos when it comes to NFL commentary. This would be a big win for MNF.

I agree. Romo is maybe the best ex-player commentary guy of this generation. He’s fantastic.
    He was a pretty good QB... during the regular season.
    I also agree with you here.
  • Green Bay vs KC for Super Bowl?

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

My money would be on the 49ers coming out of the NFC.

I'm not gonna forget this:

This is not the definitive statement on how the Championship game will be played, but it's such a shellacking that it can't be ignored, and it's why I'm picking SF to win the game.
  • I find it hard to count out the Packers when Rodgers is healthy, but the 49'ers are so balanced (like SA :) ).
    Should be a good game.
  • Titans vs 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Remember, y’all heard it here first.
    Green Bay vs KC for Super Bowl?

This is not the definitive statement on how the Championship game will be played, but it's such a shellacking that it can't be ignored, and it's why I'm picking SF to win the game.

AH I forgot about that. KC vs 49ers. Titans wont make it all the way

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

People keeps saying that. Such things are always said.

Metrics only go so far. They have the best RB in the league and the highest rated QB in the league. In their last three must wins they’ve held their opponents to 14 or less. All three of these opponents are now at home watching. It was said that the Titans would lose all three of these games.

This type of thing has happened before.

They have an intangible right now that can’t be measure.
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    edited January 15
    This.
    With the NFL, anything is possible, and if a team gets "hot" towards the end of the season, it could mean playing in the SuperBowl.
    It reminds me of the 2011 NY Giants. They have an up and down season, win 3 of their last 4, squeak into the playoffs at 9-7, then go on to beat Atlanta, Green Bay, and San Francisco to end up in the SuperBowl. They beat the Pats 21-17 to win it all.
    What I'm saying is, don't count out the Titans just yet.

This.
    With the NFL, anything is possible, and if a team gets "hot" towards the end of the season, it could mean playing in the SuperBowl.
    It reminds me of the 2011 NY Giants. They have an up and down season, win 3 of their last 4, squeak into the playoffs at 9-7, then go on to beat Atlanta, Green Bay, and San Francisco to end up in the SuperBowl. They beat the Pats 21-17 to win it all.
    What I'm saying is, don't count out the Titans just yet.

Honestly, I've thought a lot about the 2011 Giants the last couple of weeks.

I got a couple anecdotes about those playoffs. First, I was working in Lousiana at the time, and the scuttlebutt among the Saints fans was that if the Giants beat the Packers, then they would have homefield advantage over the Giants in the next round. I told them, if the Giants beat the Packers in Green Bay, they're likely to beat y'all in the dome too. They didn't see the logic in that...lol. Whatever...SF took care of their Championship worries.

Also, after the Giants beat SF, my buddy, who owed me $20 from a bet we made earlier in the season, texts that there's NO WAY the Giants can beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

I couldn't believe it. I'd heard this said exactly the same way before a few years earlier, so it didn't take me long to text him back, "You owe me $20, how about double or nothing? Gimme the Giants." He took the bet. LOL. Sucker!

That’s what they thought in Baltimore.

That’s what they thought in Baltimore.

Im still **** about that. I root for 2 teams. The Lions who will suck no matter what and the Ravens who are finally a great squad but they get there cheeks clapped by the Titans

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Well bye bye Titans.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Well, you can count the Titans out now. They had a great run, but the Chiefs proved too much for them. Should be a good SuperBowl with Mahomes and company in it.

Ugh, now I have to listen to Aikman and Buck after a great call by Romo and Nantz.
    Well, you can count the Titans out now. They had a great run, but the Chiefs proved too much for them. Should be a good SuperBowl with Mahomes and company in it.

Ugh, now I have to listen to Aikman and Buck after a great call by Romo and Nantz.

Lol. Still wish it would have been Ravens vs Chiefs. Ravens just botched the playoffs by not running the football

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Titans didn’t adjust to all that box stacking. The short pass was available once the Chiefs started doing that. Anyway, you have to make a team punt in order to beat them. Who can make the Chiefs punt?

Which NFC team has any better chance at beating KC?
  • Titans didn’t adjust to all that box stacking. The short pass was available once the Chiefs started doing that. Anyway, you have to make a team punt in order to beat them. Who can make the Chiefs punt?

Not Green Bay as we saw in Week 12

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Not Green Bay as we saw in Week 12

I think that Baltimore matches up against KC much better than anyone from the NFC.