criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

NFL Fans?

Replies

• Titans didn’t adjust to all that box stacking. The short pass was available once the Chiefs started doing that. Anyway, you have to make a team punt in order to beat them. Who can make the Chiefs punt?

Which NFC team has any better chance at beating KC?

Not Green Bay as we saw in Week 12

I think that Baltimore matches up against KC much better than anyone from the NFC.

Steelers fan here. Ravens match up well against any team when it doesn't count.
  • Titans didn’t adjust to all that box stacking. The short pass was available once the Chiefs started doing that. Anyway, you have to make a team punt in order to beat them. Who can make the Chiefs punt?

Which NFC team has any better chance at beating KC?

Not Green Bay as we saw in Week 12

I think that Baltimore matches up against KC much better than anyone from the NFC.

Steelers fan here. Ravens match up well against any team when it doesn't count.

Thats the Harbaugh Magic for you. The Ravens head coaches brother is Jim Harbaugh who coaches at U of M and he wins ever game that doesn't matter but when he gets into the real games. The ones that really matter? Its choke time.
    Must run in the family or somethin
  • Titans had a great season. Going from 2-4 to the final 4 was unexpected fun, and a great way to finish the year.

Interested to see what our off-season moves are going to be. I know our DC retired. We also have some pending Free Agents to sign. I imagine Tannehill will be our transition QB for the next couple of years, curious if we draft a QB high this year or not.

• Eli Manning retiring. The end of an era in New York.

He's not the G.O.A.T.

He's the Slayer of the G.O.A.T.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Eli Manning retiring. The end of an era in New York.

He's not the G.O.A.T.

giphy.gif

I never thought Eli was an elite QB, and as a Patriots fan I obviously have great reason to dislike him. But I don't, and I applaud him and his career because of his loyalty (very rare in pro sports these days) to a team which often provided him with a subpar supporting cast, his incredible durability (in sixteen seasons, he never ONCE missed a game due to injury), and for just being a great guy. He was benched two different in his last three seasons, and he never once complained, never once said anything unprofessional, and always acted with his team's best interests at heart. He has been an incredible leader, an incredible teammate, an incredible mentor to DJ, and an incredible person.

Eli Manning, from the bottom of the heart of a diehard Patriots fan:

Thank you.
  • I hope he takes a job with the Giants, it would be weird to see him totally out of Football.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?

He's not the G.O.A.T.

giphy.gif

I never thought Eli was an elite QB, and as a Patriots fan I obviously have great reason to dislike him. But I don't, and I applaud him and his career because of his loyalty (very rare in pro sports these days) to a team which often provided him with a subpar supporting cast, his incredible durability (in sixteen seasons, he never ONCE missed a game due to injury), and for just being a great guy. He was benched two different in his last three seasons, and he never once complained, never once said anything unprofessional, and always acted with his team's best interests at heart. He has been an incredible leader, an incredible teammate, an incredible mentor to DJ, and an incredible person.

Thank you.

Hear, hear! 👏
  • IXPrometheusXI
    2791 posts Member
    edited January 25
    AzorAhai wrote: »

He's not the G.O.A.T.

giphy.gif

Thank you.

Hear, hear! 👏

Facts. Eli stopped the Pats from having 2 more Super Bowl rings and that is HOF in my book lmao

He's not the G.O.A.T.

giphy.gif

Thank you.

Hear, hear! 👏

Facts. Eli stopped the Pats from having 2 more Super Bowl rings and that is HOF in my book lmao

Yep. I still vividly remember watching the famous pocket evasions that led to the fated throw to the helmet.

He's not the G.O.A.T.

giphy.gif

Thank you.

Hear, hear! 👏

Yep. I still vividly remember watching the famous pocket evasions that led to the fated throw to the helmet.

Same here. Greatest play I've ever seen. Two players, incredible effort by both Manning and Tyree, when the team needed it the most. Plays like that, it's why we watch football.

And it's also a play that mercifully helped stop us from having to hear about a 19-0 team for the rest of our dang lives.

I've seen some debate about whether or not Eli is a Hall of Famer. It's not a debate. He's not going to be first ballot, but I was watching ProFootball Talk and Chris Simms asked the question, "Could the tale of the NFL be told without Eli?"

And the answer is NO.

He's 7th all time in passing yardage, has 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and was 1/2 of the greatest play I've ever seen.

Case closed for me.
  • I think he gets into the Hall, but maybe not first ballot.
    Two Super Bowl MVP's. Top 7 all-time in Passing TD's, Yards, and Completions. Better numbers than at least 3 other QB's already in the Hall (Namath, Moon, Fouts). Walter Payton Man Of The Year. Plus the great plays in two Super Bowls.
    I guess we'll find out in 5 years.
  • Yeah, he's a no doubt Hall of Famer to me. Only five players have won multiple Super Bowl MVPs:

Tom Brady (GOAT)
    Joe Montana (HOF)
    Terry Bradshaw (HOF)
    Bart Starr (HOF)
    Eli Manning (FHOF)

First ballot? I don't know, he lost just as much as he won in his career and led the league in interceptions three times. Absolutely a Hall of Famer, but I don't know about first ballot.
  • Well, I wanted to post a final score prediction for tomorrow. I convinced myself earlier in the week that KC would win 31-27.

I'm going to stick with that pick for lack of any certainty on my part, but on paper this is such a good match-up. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see SF win with that same score.

Hope it's a good game!

I'm pulling for KC. It's been a long time since they won a Bowl and I'm a fan of Andy Reid, would like to see him get the big win at least once.
    Well, I wanted to post a final score prediction for tomorrow. I convinced myself earlier in the week that KC would win 31-27.

I'm going to stick with that pick for lack of any certainty on my part, but on paper this is such a good match-up. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see SF win with that same score.

Hope it's a good game!

I'm pulling for KC. It's been a long time since they won a Bowl and I'm a fan of Andy Reid, would like to see him get the big win at least once.

Same here. I love Mahomes and I hope he wins one.
  • I’m pulling for the Chiefs but I think the 49ers will win. Defense wins championships. Either way I hope it’s a really close and exciting game and not some boring blowout.
  • I’m pulling for the Chiefs but I think the 49ers will win. Defense wins championships. Either way I hope it’s a really close and exciting game and not some boring blowout.

Surprisingly, the Chiefs actually have the better scoring defense and the 49ers have the superior scoring offense (although of course it's close).

This is the first Super Bowl in a while that I'm completely impartial towards, so I have no preference, but I'm hoping for a great game.
  • I think overall the SF defense is superior, but that Steve Spagnuolo is the superior DC.

And I would think Andy Reid would be the superior offensive mind to Kyle Shanahan, but Shanahan has impressed me so much this season. I think he's got a bright future ahead of him as a head coach. I always half assumed he got where he did due to nepotism, but he's such an impressive offensive mind. I love his press conferences.

I want Mahomes to get a ring too. He's hands down the best QB in the league since the start of last season.
    This is the first Super Bowl in a while that I'm completely impartial towards, so I have no preference, but I'm hoping for a great game.

Part of the reason I'm a little impartial is the fact that there's not really a bad guy to root against. I mean, SF has 5 Super Bowl wins, but it's a little unfair to pull against THIS team for that reason.

I enjoy pulling against the Patriots usually, but I'm not really coming from a negative place when I do. More of a 'let's spread the wealth' kind of mindset. And I guess I do feel that way towards SF a little. When it comes down to it, the KC fans would appreciate a win today a little more than the SF fans, right?

Football detox begins tomorrow. I'm a little bummed. But my wife and daughter will be pleased. LOL.

I hope we get a good game without any egregious officiating errors.
    Hope it's a good game!
    This is pretty much my stance on the big game. It would be great to see Reid win one.
    Hoping for a good game.

• Yo who here after an amazing Super Bowl, sucks the season is over tho.
  • Yeah, great game. Good to see Reid win one after so many years as a Head Coach.
    The Chiefs seem to love being down by 10 and coming back for the win late.
  • "I am an unworthy apprentice. I'm not like you. I never was."

-Jimmy Garoppolo
  • Good Super Bowl. It really looked like SF was going to win it. John Lynch even came down to the sideline.

But the Chiefs did their thing.

Mahomes is only 24. Imagine where that offense will be in 2-4 years.
    Good Super Bowl. It really looked like SF was going to win it. John Lynch even came down to the sideline.

I agree to an extent, but only if the Chiefs can put good talent around him. The Chiefs have sixteen million in cap room as is, and they'll have to pay Mahomes 40+ million, especially after this amazing run. That means they have to clear twenty-four million in cap just to have room to pay Mahomes. The only overpaid players on the Chiefs actually have their contracts structured so that their cap hit will cost the Chiefs less than what they would cost in dead money. Just as an experiment, I explored some of the possible avenues the Chiefs could take in free agency this year.

Scenario #1:

Cuts/Trades: Eric Fisher (Pro Bowl tackle), Sammy Watkins (WR 2), Damien Wilson (starting MLB), Alex Okafor (starting DE)
    Cap space for free agency: 4.2 million.

This scenario keeps the core of their team together, but sacrifices four starters and leaves almost no wiggle room for free agency.

Scenario #2:

Cuts/Trades: Sammy Watkins (see above), Travis Kelce (2x All-Pro TE), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (starting right guard), Damien Wilson (see above), Alex Okafor (see above)
    Cap space for free agency: 10.1 million.

Almost the same as the first scenario. This situation allows KC more space for free agency, and the ability to keep a better offensive lineman, but they lose arguably the best TE in the game.

Scenario #3 (unlikely):

Cuts/Trades: Patrick Mahomes
    Cap space for free agency: 16.1 million.
    Good Super Bowl. It really looked like SF was going to win it. John Lynch even came down to the sideline.

I agree to an extent, but only if the Chiefs can put good talent around him. The Chiefs have sixteen million in cap room as is, and they'll have to pay Mahomes 40+ million, especially after this amazing run. That means they have to clear twenty-four million in cap just to have room to pay Mahomes. The only overpaid players on the Chiefs actually have their contracts structured so that their cap hit will cost the Chiefs less than what they would cost in dead money. Just as an experiment, I explored some of the possible avenues the Chiefs could take in free agency this year.

Scenario #1:

Cuts/Trades: Eric Fisher (Pro Bowl tackle), Sammy Watkins (WR 2), Damien Wilson (starting MLB), Alex Okafor (starting DE)

This scenario keeps the core of their team together, but sacrifices four starters and leaves almost no wiggle room for free agency.

Scenario #2:

Cuts/Trades: Sammy Watkins (see above), Travis Kelce (2x All-Pro TE), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (starting right guard), Damien Wilson (see above), Alex Okafor (see above)

Almost the same as the first scenario. This situation allows KC more space for free agency, and the ability to keep a better offensive lineman, but they lose arguably the best TE in the game.

Scenario #3 (unlikely):

I don't really know about all that stuff. I try to keep up with my team's salary cap issues, but that's usually about it. Insightful stuff. I think they're planning to make a deal with Mahomes during next season. My point was more along the lines of this kid hasn't peaked yet.

I think I like your scenario 3 though. They should definitely trade Mahomes to the Titans.

Scenario #1:

Scenario #2:

Scenario #3 (unlikely):

I don't really know about all that stuff. I try to keep up with my team's salary cap issues, but that's usually about it. Insightful stuff. I think they're planning to make a deal with Mahomes during next season. My point was more along the lines of this kid hasn't peaked yet.

I think I like your scenario 3 though. They should definitely trade Mahomes to the Titans.

Oh absolutely. Barring injury, I think he'll break every significant QB record before his career is up, and he'll rack up the Pro Bowls and All Pros. I think the worst case scenario for him is a career somewhere along the lines of that of Rodgers.

That was a good one. :)
  • Rook008 wrote: »

Just wanting to alleviate some cap issues for the Chiefs, you know. LOL
    Rook008 wrote: »

Lmao. Amazing. Lions don't need Mahomes. We just need Stafford to be healthy. If the Lions were a little bit better in a few areas this season we would have been 1 of the few teams to beat the chiefs. You can go look it up. Week 3 or 4 I think. Came down to the wire.
  • For anyone interested, the XFL season starts today, Saturday Feb. 08.
    First game is on ABC at 2PM ET.

Lmao. Amazing. Lions don't need Mahomes. We just need Stafford to be healthy. If the Lions were a little bit better in a few areas this season we would have been 1 of the few teams to beat the chiefs. You can go look it up. Week 3 or 4 I think. Came down to the wire.

Hopefully Stafford and the Lions can put together a Super Bowl run before he's finished.
    For anyone interested, the XFL season starts today, Saturday Feb. 08.
    First game is on ABC at 2PM ET.

I checked out a little of every game. It was much better than last year's off-season football league that had to fold mid-way through their season. I got the 4 games for next weekend set to record. I liked some of the alternate rules, and like that their experimenting with things like the kickoff and extra points. I know the XFL wants to differentiate itself from the NFL by having super aggressive sideline reporting, but I'm not the kind of fan who appreciates it very much. LOL. It just makes the whole prospect a little demeaning to the players and coaches. In the first game a player coming off the field dropped an F-bomb. LOL. I asked my buddy during the first half, "what are the odds that they have cameras in the locker room at half-time?" He said, "no way." LOL. THEY DID! The defensive coordinator is giving a speech about how they're going to get after the quarterback more in the 2nd half, and because he knows the camera is in the locker room he said, "they know that know, but it doesn't matter."

It's alright. I don't expect to fall in love with the XFL, but it was much better than I expected. I hope it's successful.

Hopefully Stafford and the Lions can put together a Super Bowl run before he's finished.

Ill be shocked if they do. Hasn't happened in a qhile lma

Ill be shocked if they do. Hasn't happened in a qhile lma

Anything can happen. The 49ers sure did turn things around pretty quickly.

And I'm not even saying WIN a Super Bowl. I'd just like to see him get a taste of the SB experience, regardless of the outcome of the game.
    ...I know the XFL wants to differentiate itself from the NFL by having super aggressive sideline reporting, but I'm not the kind of fan who appreciates it very much. LOL. ...
    This was one of my gripes about the games. Asking a player who just messed up how he felt was just not the thing to do right after he messed up. They've got to tone that stuff down.
    I do like some of the new rules though: https://www.xfl.com/rules
    ...I know the XFL wants to differentiate itself from the NFL by having super aggressive sideline reporting, but I'm not the kind of fan who appreciates it very much. LOL. ...
    This was one of my gripes about the games. Asking a player who just messed up how he felt was just not the thing to do right after he messed up. They've got to tone that stuff down.

Same here.

Same here.

Im never going to watch the XFL. I don't know why just seems dumb to have two leagues of football like this.

Same here.

Im never going to watch the XFL. I don't know why just seems dumb to have two leagues of football like this.

I've always been infatuated with the idea of another league, but the problem is that all the best talent is going to play in the only league that really matters, and everything else ends up being a sideshow.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    The Titans signed Ryan Tannehill to a 4-year $118 million deal. Rumor is that Henry will be franchised unless they work out a longer term deal.
  • What the heck are the Texans thinking?!
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    edited March 16
    What the heck are the Texans thinking?!

pv8yhdwq2mtl.gif

That was my response to my wife, the Texans fan, who was outraged when I passed on the news to her.

I don't know what they're thinking, but I'm loving it!

Is Bill O'Brien still calling the shots or have they installed a proper personnel guy?
    What the heck are the Texans thinking?!

pv8yhdwq2mtl.gif

That was my response to my wife, the Texans fan, who was outraged when I passed on the news to her.

I don't know what they're thinking, but I'm loving it!

Is Bill O'Brien still calling the shots or have they installed a proper personnel guy?

Thankfully I’m not a texans fan so I’m not too sure about the play caller. I would assume he has one installed to be the “fall guy” to make him look better if ever needed LOL. But cmon Texans, David Johnson hasn’t been healthy in like 3 years. I’m shocked. Could easily find a RB without giving up a top 5 WR
  • Now the Vikings?! Are WRs not useful anymore?!
  • This just in, the Browns still are a mess.
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    tom-brady-super-bowl-1548957433.jpg

Farewell, Tom. Once a Patriot, always a Patriot.

I almost made a post on the news, but decided to wait until you posted. You can't ask for more of the man than he's given.

Where do you think he'll end up?
  • Lions are poaching the Bears rn. Got a decent tackle and Chase Daniels as a backup which isn't a bad idea. Also It'll be fun to see where the GOAT ends up.
    tom-brady-super-bowl-1548957433.jpg

Farewell, Tom. Once a Patriot, always a Patriot.

I almost made a post on the news, but decided to wait until you posted. You can't ask for more of the man than he's given.

Where do you think he'll end up?

The rumor is that he'll sign with the Bucs. I was pretty shocked when it was reported, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. He's going to a team with an elite receiving core, a ridiculous amount of cap space, a warm weather stadium, and an offensive minded coach. It's a pretty good situation other than their defense, which I don't actually think was as bad as the stats show (Winston constantly gave them awful field position).
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    Brady to the Bucs, Rivers to the Colts, Bridgewater to the Panthers, Hopkins to the Cardinals, Witten to the Raiders.
    The world has gone mad.
  • Anyone think the season will be delayed? If this current mess with the virus is expected to last into August then who knows. How will the draft be done?
  • AzorAhai
    1434 posts Member
    Anyone think the season will be delayed? If this current mess with the virus is expected to last into August then who knows. How will the draft be done?

I'm not sure how the draft will work. I heard indoors, no crowd. But I think the 2020 season being delayed is the best case scenario.