criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

SA issues after Update

Well again, the devs professionally broke their own game in so many ways...
Are u uniquely recruiting beginer devs for battlefront or how do u managing to make these awfull updates repeatedly?

...sigh...

SO here i am again to help you out dice.

Since this Wonderfull, well tested and checked patch what we received made a few strange things within SA.

1. Random Kill switch(es)after you respawn - After respawning U die randomly...with heroships its even funnier.
2. Much Heavier lagg/laggspikes
3. Map rotation issues - Skipping maps, maybe it was intended?
4. Respawn issues - Unable to respawn, watching the backround, planet, menu etc.
5. Unable to Lock Heroships - Since this wonderfull 7 sec waiting time, even if we have enough points for a heroship we just cant lock it until that **** 7 sec is over.

So far this is what i found within SA. Hopefully with the upcoming hotfix u will deal with these issues too. And pls before you release any patch test it first...TEST IT! Ok? Make a PTR server or something...Thx.
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• 5. is intentional. Its to keep players from insta locking again again after dying as a hero. Though it does suck when you trying to use one the first time around.
  • I played about 10 rounds of SA the last two days, first to get the daily milestone but the other five because i was actually having fun. this is the most fun I've had in SA for a while. came in 2nd a few times and was playing objective a lot. I didnt have issues as you described. maybe others were and that was helping me?
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    . Though it does suck when you trying to use one the first time around.

It does...
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I played about 10 rounds of SA the last two days, first to get the daily milestone but the other five because i was actually having fun. this is the most fun I've had in SA for a while. came in 2nd a few times and was playing objective a lot. I didnt have issues as you described. maybe others were and that was helping me?

Good for you! These bugs not always noticable, yesterday i could play 4 rounds without any bug but than something went wrong and after respawning on Fondor 3 times in a row i got kill switched so i left the game.

My Friend before i joined said they where playing from kamino to dqar normally, and than the game randomly started over from Ryloth, instead of Fondor...

two days back i just coulndt respawn for a min long...the respawn menu didnt show up...so yea depend on luck when the game sht it self or not :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Jdorn24
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    In all seriousness, I can honestly say the ongoing debacles DICE calls this certified patch release mess will keep me from ever buying a product with their name on it again.

I love Star Wars, and would love nothing more than for this game to even be a shadow of what was promised. Why would I still be playing it, despite all the bugs on bugs on bugs a full year post release....but at some point it's just got to end.

I cannot believe that a professional development studio, with a license to print money with the Star Wars IP cannot simply test a few basic things before they push out releases.

I for one like the new squad system, it's fine, and saves alot of the running simulator action I've hated since release. But the trade for broken arcade spawns, a totally fubar SA experience, and the ever popular 500 credits unlocked spam on my screen tell me that they didn't even bother ANY play testing. These aren't buried deep in the code hard to replicate things...they instead are easily findable 2 min into playing the game. Totally inexcusable. This isn't a live beta anymore, it's a year post release...wtf is going on. Do they have 1 overworked offshore developer in India working on this?

• Just got huge crashing issues. I have it on my captures on Xbox. Terrible! Can’t even play this morning before work! It was bad enough having to wait 20-25 minutes at launching the game. Then SA had game breaking glitch to where I couldn’t play. :(
  • Started to fly then it just said defeated and stayed glitched with me at the menu until the ship eventually crashed
  • Now it launches and I can’t see anything; I’m assuming, from the sound, that my ship is flying I just can’t see it.
  • It's like every time I step away from the game for a few weeks, it becomes an almost entirely new game?
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • There are also tons of glitches in Strike that have now returned since this update

lyhbv1a6lcmf.gif
  • Today i had luck again! Got a random Kill switch on me, right after i respawned! After that i couldnt respawn until i lost the match...

The start button reseted twice too - u can see the 10 second cooldown on it xd
    So yea good work Dice...honestly u can be proud of yourself! Recruit some testers Pls or ask criterion for help since u guys just mess up everything.
    Xerogon wrote: »

lyhbv1a6lcmf.gif

This is how i feel too!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Playing SA today, I had your #4:

4. Respawn issues - Unable to respawn, watching the backround, planet, menu etc.

...I was basically trapped in the lobby screen, timer would count down to 0, then start over, then again. After about 2 minutes I finally spawned back in and got to play in the last 30 seconds of the match. That's never happened before, pretty much ruined the match for me.

Dice, fix that glitch please!
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Quality work dice...This guy get rekted

jolzbbxdzf9k.jpg

edit: playing kamino 4th time in a row....
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg