criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Roll on Battlefront. It's op and it looks unrealistic if the enemy perform it over and over.

jmoyano92
20 posts Member
edited September 27
Remove this OP move. The game can be better and more fun without it. Some people abuse that when they do it over and over. It's annoying and op.

I'm talking about the Battlefront game from 2015.

Please you must do it for the health of the game.
Post edited by jmoyano92 on

Replies

• They barely make good updates to SWBFII, I don't think they are going update SWBF.

But I would like they remove they roll. The fact the first BF2 had it doesn't implies that this should. And it's pretty annoying. Just for Heroes, not regular troops.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    They barely make good updates to SWBFII, I don't think they are going update SWBF.

But I would like they remove they roll. The fact the first BF2 had it doesn't implies that this should. And it's pretty annoying. Just for Heroes, not regular troops.

The only heroes that roll are blaster wielding ones. It is their only defense against sabre equipped heroes. This game isn't suppose to be easy kill your opponent. I suggest you turn down your sensitivity to 20 or less. You will have an easier time staying on target regardless of how much they roll.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • At least add a cooldown.
  • shutpath_xbox
    59 posts Member
    edited October 10
    jmoyano92 wrote: »
    At least add a cooldown.

There already is a cooldown you beautiful man

Roll twice, you'll notice you won't be able to do it again.

Try it yourself before you start talking :)
  • jmoyano92
    20 posts Member
    edited October 16
    At least add a cooldown.

Dude the cool down is about 1 or 2 seconds. That's nothing.
    Post edited by jmoyano92 on
  • +1

Totally agree with this topic.
  • shutpath_xbox
    59 posts Member
    edited October 11
    Dude the cool down is about 2 or 3 seconds. That's nothing.

Well it's more than enough! I keep dying because i can't roll more than twice before getting killed lol.
    adding more seconds to it would be rediculous.

I firmly believe that changing the roll function in any way would ruin the game for me, it used to be pretty OP, now it's balanced.

git gud, seriously!
  • bfloo
    12436 posts Member
    Don't take the roll out, just add a stamina bar.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'm torn. Roll is 100% OG battlefront, but it sucks when you get the drop on someone, they roll twice and someone else kills you in that time.
  • jmoyano92 wrote: »
    At least add a cooldown.

Dude the cool down is about 2 or 3 seconds. That's nothing.

Actually a few patches ago, they made it around 6 seconds. In a fast paced game it may seem like less, but when you need it and it ain't there, you NOTICE...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Colt_145 wrote: »
    I'm torn. Roll is 100% OG battlefront, but it sucks when you get the drop on someone, they roll twice and someone else kills you in that time.

Learn to shoot at them while they roll. It does work. I've rarely got a kill shot, but I do some damage.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • jmoyano92
    20 posts Member
    edited October 16
    Still that thing is pretty op.

I saw people moving forward all the time with this broken move.
    I can do it too but I hate that. It removes the inmersion of the game and it is **** annoying for the enemy.

They weren't walking or running with the character, only rolling over and over. That why that thing is op.

It's broken, literally.
  • You can't roll over and over, but nice try at hyperbole though...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Okay, how bout no, lets not do that.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Jug
    184 posts Member
    Star wars isn't real. Video games aren't reality. Not sure what the point is.
  • Just.. Don't post on these forums, this is for 2017 battlefront
  • I can only hope that Rolling is PUT INTO BATTLEFIELD 5 (DICE and EA are you listening). In the beta I could not. Sure sucks not having roll. Glad they left it in SWBF2.
  • Undead_Corsair
    52 posts Member
    edited October 24
    It's not OP if every player can use it, if you're shooting at someone and they roll you can track them with your reticle and keep shooting like a decent player, or when they pop back up to shoot you, you can just roll as well to dodge their fire. If you get shot they either outplayed you or you weren't checking your surroundings and somebody else killed you, and guess what, it's a shooter, that happens sometimes. Sometimes someone you didn't notice sees you before you secure a kill and kills you first. Just deal with it. The roll is a fundamental part of the mechanics, and one of the few things that makes the game feel different from other shooters. In fact it's kind of absurd that other shooters don't have a dedicated dodge mechanic, if someone shoots at you, your first instinct is probably going to be to duck or dive out of the way, do you really think a soldier would just stand and strafe rather than try and dodge out of fire?
    And for the people saying it ruins immersion, you've got weird priorities, seeing as we've had cross-era heroes and officers dressed up so they look like they shouldn't be anywhere near the battlefront from the start I think this game has other more pressing immersion issues. Just be thankful we don't have goofy floating tokens anymore like the first game.
  • It's not OP if every player can use it, if you're shooting at someone and they roll you can track them with your reticle and keep shooting like a decent player, or when they pop back up to shoot you, you can just roll as well to dodge their fire. If you get shot they either outplayed you or you weren't checking your surroundings and somebody else killed you, and guess what, it's a shooter, that happens sometimes. Sometimes someone you didn't notice sees you before you secure a kill and kills you first. Just deal with it. The roll is a fundamental part of the mechanics, and one of the few things that makes the game feel different from other shooters. In fact it's kind of absurd that other shooters don't have a dedicated dodge mechanic, if someone shoots at you, your first instinct is probably going to be to duck or dive out of the way, do you really think a soldier would just stand and strafe rather than try and dodge out of fire?
    And for the people saying it ruins immersion, you've got weird priorities, seeing as we've had cross-era heroes and officers dressed up so they look like they shouldn't be anywhere near the battlefront from the start I think this game has other more pressing immersion issues. Just be thankful we don't have goofy floating tokens anymore like the first game.

I was talking about the Battlefront from 2015. The roll mechanic is broken in that game because the cooldown is only 1 second. So you can see players rolling over and over and that's not fun to deal with.
  • PruneFace
    56 posts Member
    edited October 28
    It's really out of hand...

• I would like to know what other aspects of the game you do find realistic hahaha