criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

C'mon guys, fix the Zabrak skin

2Next

Replies

• JackTHorn wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Okay, looks like this needs clarification.

A.) The black patterns on Zabraks are tattoos. Iridonians (like the Jedi Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar) have thin, minimalistic, elegant tattoos, while Dathomirans (like Maul and Opress and our Heavy) have thick, heavy, angular ones.

B.) Zabrak skin colors include red, yellow, peach/tan, white, brown, and a sort of dusky purplish rose.

C.) There's no need for research, I was being tongue-in-cheek... There are no Zabraks that have different skin color on their necks.

The problem with the Zabrak Heavy skin is that it very obviously was slapped together using one of the standard human faces. Tan skin, five o'clock shadow, eyebrows, the same features. They just turned the face white, added the black patterns, added the horns, and forgot to do anything with the neck.

He is supposed to be a white skinned Zabrak -- white as in ivory, not Caucasian. There's no reason to even bother discussing the tattoos and whether they go on the neck or not, because it's not about the tattoos. It's about the skin color. The skin color on his face is white, the skin color on his neck has a sharp line after which it is tan. This is the problem with the skin.

Well, the main problem. The stubble and the eyebrows aren't doing him any favors either, as Zabraks don't have either of those things.
    I thought his skin tone was yellow, like Maul's brother. Also, I thought someone said the Red was face paint. Even though I thought it would be the reverse.
    Yeah, it does look a bit yellow. I could go either way on that, yellow or white. But definitely not tan.

And no, the red is the skin color, as is the yellow on the brother.

I thought that, but I believe somewhere on these forums a I heard the opposite (also, I never thought Darth Maul wore tattoos in the first place, or never thought about it).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Okay, looks like this needs clarification.

A.) The black patterns on Zabraks are tattoos. Iridonians (like the Jedi Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar) have thin, minimalistic, elegant tattoos, while Dathomirans (like Maul and Opress and our Heavy) have thick, heavy, angular ones.

B.) Zabrak skin colors include red, yellow, peach/tan, white, brown, and a sort of dusky purplish rose.

C.) There's no need for research, I was being tongue-in-cheek... There are no Zabraks that have different skin color on their necks.

The problem with the Zabrak Heavy skin is that it very obviously was slapped together using one of the standard human faces. Tan skin, five o'clock shadow, eyebrows, the same features. They just turned the face white, added the black patterns, added the horns, and forgot to do anything with the neck.

He is supposed to be a white skinned Zabrak -- white as in ivory, not Caucasian. There's no reason to even bother discussing the tattoos and whether they go on the neck or not, because it's not about the tattoos. It's about the skin color. The skin color on his face is white, the skin color on his neck has a sharp line after which it is tan. This is the problem with the skin.

Well, the main problem. The stubble and the eyebrows aren't doing him any favors either, as Zabraks don't have either of those things.
    I thought his skin tone was yellow, like Maul's brother. Also, I thought someone said the Red was face paint. Even though I thought it would be the reverse.
    Yeah, it does look a bit yellow. I could go either way on that, yellow or white. But definitely not tan.

I do believe the face is yellow, but the neck is Caucasian white/tan, which definitely makes it look like face paint.
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Just for anyone that wants to see what we are talking about.
    zz42af5dd0w6.jpg
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • wishes like yours harm the game more than they help because they will waste their time into your individual wishes
    tVsNOoH.gif
  • wishes like yours harm the game more than they help because they will waste their time into your individual wishes

Dude, that isn't true. They are already taking time to work on Clone skins. Why can't they make a fix for one guys neck? @MajesticAndHolyWade, how hard is it to recolor a skin's neck?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

So never ask for anything, no improvements, nerfs, buffs, more content, nothing. Okay, gotcha, just let them do whatever they want without fan input/request, I'm so glad you told me this.
  • MajesticAndHolyWade
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    wishes like yours harm the game more than they help because they will waste their time into your individual wishes

Dude, that isn't true. They are already taking time to work on Clone skins. Why can't they make a fix for one guys neck? @MajesticAndHolyWade, how hard is it to recolor a skin's neck?

SHOULDN'T be hard at all. In 3D, colour is stored in a thing we call a texture (just a regular old image file like PNG, JPG, etc that stores the colour information for your 3D model). Assuming the Zabrak's body has it's own texture file, it would take me about... eight minutes to correct the neck.

What worries me is that the Zabrak skin might not have it's own body texture, it might use the generic heavy's. If I we're dealing with a regular computer, I'd say just make a copy of the body texture and change that, but the Frostbite engine is a weird beast that seems to complicate many things beyond what they need to be.

That being said, from what I've seen of the Frostbite engine from modding it a few times, there are things called "meshAndVariationPairs" which can create texture variations quite easily (this is done for the clone jet trooper).

All in all, the activity of changing the texture is pathetically easy, but there MAY be Frostbite complications (I doubt it though).
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1

So never ask for anything, no improvements, nerfs, buffs, more content, nothing. Okay, gotcha, just let them do whatever they want without fan input/request, I'm so glad you told me this.

you shouldnt put words in peoples mouth. i did not say that. populist
    tVsNOoH.gif
  • I checked this out this morning after seeing this thread last night and yeah, a blunder with this skin. It looks like Halloween paint with the two toned face/neck skin. It should be fixed but probably won’t.
  • If they just make a guy with makeup why they didn't use Finn Balor ?
    noir5b3kfuam.jpeg
  • Best skin so far is Leia BOOOSH. Worth every penny. these red crates...haven't touched em
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

But you said asking for stuff hurts the game
  • A_Very_Calm_Person
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    wishes like yours harm the game more than they help because they will waste their time into your individual wishes

again you put words in my mouth ive never said. stop it

i talked about this and only this topic. they could actually make content instead of neck skins
    tVsNOoH.gif

i talked about this and only this topic. they could actually make content instead of neck skins

It literally says, "wishes like yours harm the game more than they help". I don't see how or why. The only wishes that people had that actually did more harm than good were the bug fixes and removal of the loot crates (Which was necessary). We don't have individual wishes, usually we come to this website to get support for an idea.
    itt96uodu82s.gif

It literally says, "wishes like yours harm the game more than they help". I don't see how or why. The only wishes that people had that actually did more harm than good were the bug fixes and removal of the loot crates (Which was necessary). We don't have individual wishes, usually we come to this website to get support for an idea.

Taadaa! 100% my friend
  • I checked this out this morning after seeing this thread last night and yeah, a blunder with this skin. It looks like Halloween paint with the two toned face/neck skin. It should be fixed but probably won’t.
    Sad but true. With them fixing the Legion skins, I got hopeful... but hope is unwise.
  • They’d probably fix Darth Maul’s skin first. Tbh having a main villain with the head design wrong would be more of a priority than the heavy skin. Which is unfortunate. (FYI if ya didn’t know Darth Maul has the wrong number of horns)