criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Really getting tired of Battlefront 2 unjustified lag

How can you let such a good game die because of this? Thought about give a second chance to this game and buy it. It was a big mistake.

Replies

• Well in GA you have 40 players from various regions playing on the same server. Things can get dicy in a CQC match. In SA you have 24 players in the same manner on a high res playing field moving at high speeds. Lag will happen and it will be a constant issue that the devs will have to work on.
    Until the day when optical fibre is as cheap as soup we will all experience the frustrations of lag from time to time. That isn't an excuse to not fix it wherever possible, but a reality of online gaming.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • If you where on the losing side of lag 50% of the time it would not be such a big problem but many of us are repeatedly at a massive disadvantage because of lag or server problems.

Having to blast away in a fighter for ages to take a target down but getting one shot killed by a rear turret when your on full health is just too much.
  • I have experienced extremely frustrating rounds where lag is so bad, you just can't kill anyone and those not experiencing the lag are like super troopers.

I've also been on the flip side where I seem untouchable and go on killing spree's where I'm melting opponents instantly.

Both situations are not good!
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    I have experienced extremely frustrating rounds where lag is so bad, you just can't kill anyone and those not experiencing the lag are like super troopers.

I've also been on the flip side where I seem untouchable and go on killing spree's where I'm melting opponents instantly.

The vast majority of the time my game plays like your first example but a few times I have had what I call superman mode. The trouble is I don't know how the game should play anymore. Is this superman mode how the game plays most of the time for these apparently better players who end up on the scoreboards.
  • When I watch online streamers I cannot believe how smooth their gameplay is. I'm a decent player, regularly at top 5 (often top 3), but I've got lags so often (having decent internet connection) it's very difficult to compete with skilled players who don't have connection problems.

Lag is killing this game for me.
  • I believe it is an intrinsic problem of the Frostbite engine. It needs desperately an upgrade.
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    I have experienced extremely frustrating rounds where lag is so bad, you just can't kill anyone and those not experiencing the lag are like super troopers.

You are describing the issue perfectly, that's exactly how it is. Either you're a terminator or a chicken.
  • AltoJun wrote: »
    I believe it is an intrinsic problem of the Frostbite engine. It needs desperately an upgrade.

Absolutely this. Its only DICE games that ever give me lag. Everything else I play is flawless. Been like this since Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 1.
  • AltoJun wrote: »
    I believe it is an intrinsic problem of the Frostbite engine. It needs desperately an upgrade.

Absolutely this. Its only DICE games that ever give me lag. Everything else I play is flawless. Been like this since Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 1.

+1
  • Lag? Like Frame-Drops or Connection Lag?
  • Something has changed recently for me where now most GA matches i get slow connection, barely 2 bars.
  • Is your NAT type set to open?
  • I've experienced crazy amounts of lag this past week. Like more than the occasional lag spike every once in a while. Its not fun to be streaming and you find yourself in one hallway by yourself then a second later in the next room surrounded by enemy troops. Lag issues need fixing.
  • bfloo
    12492 posts Member
    They fixed X1, then broke it again 2 days later when they turned on eor.

The rubber banding ever since makes it unplayable.

It isn't a frostbite issue, the 2015 game and battlefield1 run fine for me, not counting the guy that joins an out of region server with his 200+ ping to ping cap everyone.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Wow, I've experienced the first issue where lag is so bad I've actually finished a round of GA with no kills despite hitting numerous people countless times with various weapons and classes that on a normal connection would have killed them, but I have never experienced 'Superman Mode'. It's either lag or Normalish my game connections are never great.
  • I don't consider myself an exceptional player, but I can hold my own under normal conditions. The problem is online conditions in Battlefront II is anything but normal. I'm usually taking massive damage before the HUD prompts me and I get killed before I'm given an opportunity to react. Or I get blasted after I got behind cover. Or getting hit before my opponent even fires at me. Getting blasted before my opponent clears the corner. *sigh* Input drops, input delays, multiplied inputs, rubber banding, players teleporting and my myriad of hits not registering all add up. I usually end up towards the bottom of the score board with a few lucky kills, a bunch of deaths, and paltry amount of points.

What kills me is I always see players at the top of the score board with about 50-60+ kills and an insane amount of points at the end of the match, and I'm wondering how the heck are they pulling that off?

The severe lag is destroying what would be an otherwise amazing experience. That alone ticks me off because I love this game and I want to be able to enjoy playing it online the way we're suppose to. :cry:
    LuckySDM wrote: »
    If you where on the losing side of lag 50% of the time it would not be such a big problem but many of us are repeatedly at a massive disadvantage because of lag or server problems.

Having to blast away in a fighter for ages to take a target down but getting one shot killed by a rear turret when your on full health is just too much.

Yup, this pretty much sums up my experience as a whole. I play the PC and Xbox One versions, and it's the same connection issues across both platforms. Sometimes it gets really, really difficult to keep my anger in check. Other times I flat out fail to. :rage:
    "All wings report in."
  • Bad lag on the 29th November rendering any play totally futile.
  • Zinjo
    164 posts Member
    Well it might be time to consider reducing the headcount on GA to improve the lag. Too many players in a small area by the end of the match only benefits those with high end ISP service or who happen to live in the same city as the server,
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....