criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Just Take HvV Out of The Game...

If you're not going to fix it. Really. This game had a lot of potential but now is full of scrub campers/runners, exploiters, AFKers, and now, mouse and keyboard players on console. Also, let's not mention the faulty target system, balance issues and bugs. Seriously, get your heads out of your 4th point of contact.

Replies

  • Out of curiosity, how do you know for sure that console players are using a keyboard and a mouse?
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how do you know for sure that console players are using a keyboard and a mouse?

    Way too many one shot head shots going on . Especially from lando and han
  • Not sure about the headshot thing, but everything I agree with. It's honestly unplayable for me.

    Conquest can not get here soon enough.
  • " mouse and keyboard players on console" Lol, what's wrong with that ?
  • botafogo4life
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How else am I supposed to grind hero levels? I sure don't ever get them in GA...
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how do you know for sure that console players are using a keyboard and a mouse?

    Headshot accuracy aside, which could just be someone with great aim, the dead giveaway is a players doing multiple actions at once.

    Iden player who in mid-roll, can release shock droid AND use secondary fire, jump at the end of their roll and use secondary fire again.

    Lando players who can roll, activate/use sharpshot and throw disabler and activate it right out of a roll.

    Blaster heroes able to shoot while rolling

    Bobas who melt players on he other side of the map

    Some of these I've seen from opponents and others from my own teammates. As someone who also plays PC it's obvious as aiming with a m&k is much easier.

    It may be in other modes but it's not as glaring with more players.


  • It has really huge flaws, but I still enjoy it.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...
  • This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...
    It's not dead... there's content still coming out and a leaker on Reddit confirmed that it will receive support in 2019 as well.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...

    I almost wish it was dead. Then I could stop playing it every day.

    I'm sure that new 'large-scale mode' will be the thing that kills it, yes. That and the new heroes. Oh, and the new GA map.
  • " mouse and keyboard players on console" Lol, what's wrong with that ?

    You know why - It's an unfair advantage.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...

    I almost wish it was dead. Then I could stop playing it every day.

    I'm sure that new 'large-scale mode' will be the thing that kills it, yes. That and the new heroes. Oh, and the new GA map.

    I'm sure there will be outrage over the new 'large-scale mode', as there is no way it will be *Exactly* what people think it will be. It won't be conquest from the original BF2. It just won't. And as much as we will wish for and hope for it to be X, Y, or Z, it's NEVER going to be what people think it's going to be. So DICE will be panned again for adding another mode, and I can almost see the posts now: 'We wanted CONQUEST, not THIS...who asked for THIS?'.

    The people thinking it's going to be a conquest copy will be mad. The people thinking it will be hero era specific will be mad if it's not. The people who want cross-era heroes will be mad if it's not. The people wanting a trooper only mode will be disappointed if it's not.

    I hope I'm wrong. I hope people can just appreciate the new content, enjoy it for what it is, not what they wish it was, and give it a solid chance before declaring it awful an hour after it releases. Hopefully we can give it time, and then give constructive criticism and ideas on how to improve the experience.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...

    I almost wish it was dead. Then I could stop playing it every day.

    I'm sure that new 'large-scale mode' will be the thing that kills it, yes. That and the new heroes. Oh, and the new GA map.

    I'm sure there will be outrage over the new 'large-scale mode', as there is no way it will be *Exactly* what people think it will be. It won't be conquest from the original BF2. It just won't. And as much as we will wish for and hope for it to be X, Y, or Z, it's NEVER going to be what people think it's going to be. So DICE will be panned again for adding another mode, and I can almost see the posts now: 'We wanted CONQUEST, not THIS...who asked for THIS?'.

    The people thinking it's going to be a conquest copy will be mad. The people thinking it will be hero era specific will be mad if it's not. The people who want cross-era heroes will be mad if it's not. The people wanting a trooper only mode will be disappointed if it's not.

    I hope I'm wrong. I hope people can just appreciate the new content, enjoy it for what it is, not what they wish it was, and give it a solid chance before declaring it awful an hour after it releases. Hopefully we can give it time, and then give constructive criticism and ideas on how to improve the experience.

    I personally don't care all that much what it will be like; the only thing I'm hoping for at this point is that they stop breaking game modes and stop introducing new bugs. For whatever reason, this appears to be a tall order at the moment
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • I just tried to have "fun" playing HvV last night and all I got was a darth maul running away the entire time. At least get rid of the gosh darn target system
  • Yes please remove it.
    My vote is for less content.
    The Internet buzz surrounding this game has been all about there being just too much darn content.

    well considering on pc most of that content is never played....
    splitting the playerbase into 9 different modes is a really DUMB decision.

    so yes, let modes, or just make a playlist with some of the modes in it.

    I've yet to see even one person line-up to play ewoks.
    I've never had a chance to play it myself.
  • " mouse and keyboard players on console" Lol, what's wrong with that ?

    You know why - It's an unfair advantage.

    I can't see how people can defend m&k on console.

    Anyway. +1 remove the target system
    Needs to gain more traction maybe we can get it removed faster.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • riverslq wrote: »
    Yes please remove it.
    My vote is for less content.
    The Internet buzz surrounding this game has been all about there being just too much darn content.

    well considering on pc most of that content is never played....
    splitting the playerbase into 9 different modes is a really DUMB decision.

    so yes, let modes, or just make a playlist with some of the modes in it.

    I've yet to see even one person line-up to play ewoks.
    I've never had a chance to play it myself.
    I actually managed to get into a half full game of Ewok hunt once, your really not missing anything.

    There sort of has to be 9 different modes because Dice chose to go in so many different directions with this game. With the end result being that we have modes designed for so many different player bases (e.g infantry v hero v offline campaign) which means already we're dividing into different genres e.g I love infantry based games so I never really bother with the Hero modes.
    As a result of trying to please so many of us the game mechanics feel incomplete and flawed. It's just too much work trying to fit 3 very different games into one.

    Dice really needs to pick a direction for BF2 to go in and put everything into it, personally I'd be rooting for infantry but if they went hero or for an offline game at least I'd know it would be a quality product (Dice are capable) and not this mismatched (albeit still sort of fun) unfinished game that still has that Beta feel about it.
  • Just Take HvV Out of The Game...

    Why? If you detest it, you don't have to play the mode... which effectively removes it for you...
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Just Take HvV Out of The Game...

    Why? If you detest it, you don't have to play the mode... which effectively removes it for you...

    Don't be so obtuse, you know why. If there were alternative Hero-only game modes, the masses might not be as overwhelmingly in agreement for removing the Target system and adding HeroTDM. As it is, we have no other 4v4 Hero mode to go to. Don't like GA? Try strike. Don't like strike? Try Blast. Don't like Blast? Try Extraction.

    I know the argument, Don't like HvV? Try HS. While there are significant differences between all modes, HS does not serve as an even remotely close substitute for HvV.

    Yes, remove the Target system, and/or add/implement Hero TDM/Blast.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Just Take HvV Out of The Game...

    Why? If you detest it, you don't have to play the mode... which effectively removes it for you...

    Don't be so obtuse, you know why. If there were alternative Hero-only game modes, the masses might not be as overwhelmingly in agreement for removing the Target system and adding HeroTDM. As it is, we have no other 4v4 Hero mode to go to. Don't like GA? Try strike. Don't like strike? Try Blast. Don't like Blast? Try Extraction.

    I know the argument, Don't like HvV? Try HS. While there are significant differences between all modes, HS does not serve as an even remotely close substitute for HvV.

    Yes, remove the Target system, and/or add/implement Hero TDM/Blast.

    Obtuse like suggesting the entire mode be removed for everyone in the game based upon what the OP subjectively likes/dislikes? I dislike the mechanics/bugs of multiple modes in this game, I would never suggest those modes be removed because I didn't like them. I actually dislike HvV intensely, so I don't play it.
  • At the end of the day the target system just needs to be removed and then just let everyone fight! If you wanna go hide then go hide....you will be no use to your team and it will be a boring mode for you coz no one will chase you. If you wanna run then go run and the same applies to those players.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Han_Spinel wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Just Take HvV Out of The Game...

    Why? If you detest it, you don't have to play the mode... which effectively removes it for you...

    Don't be so obtuse, you know why. If there were alternative Hero-only game modes, the masses might not be as overwhelmingly in agreement for removing the Target system and adding HeroTDM. As it is, we have no other 4v4 Hero mode to go to. Don't like GA? Try strike. Don't like strike? Try Blast. Don't like Blast? Try Extraction.

    I know the argument, Don't like HvV? Try HS. While there are significant differences between all modes, HS does not serve as an even remotely close substitute for HvV.

    Yes, remove the Target system, and/or add/implement Hero TDM/Blast.

    Obtuse like suggesting the entire mode be removed for everyone in the game based upon what the OP subjectively likes/dislikes? I dislike the mechanics/bugs of multiple modes in this game, I would never suggest those modes be removed because I didn't like them. I actually dislike HvV intensely, so I don't play it.

    Well then, why not suggest adding a new mode like Hero TDM/Blast?

    I'm not suggesting to remove it outright (even though I would personally not care if it were taken out, just so as along as there was an equivalent alternative in its place - i.e., Hero TDM). I've stated that many times, and also in my comment above, "and/or add/implement Hero TDM/Blast."

    I think telling someone to turn off the only 4v4 Hero-only game mode is hardly a solution to the issues at hand. Something needs to be fixed, or added to the game, because the current and only 4v4 Hero-only mode literally incentivizes avoiding the objective of the game mode "Attack or Defend the Targets," and rewards players for cheating in-game by exploiting map glitches. Literally no one wants this, unless they are proponents of cheating and running.

    The solution is to add Hero TDM.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »

    The solution is to add Hero TDM.

    This is THE solution. There’s really no need for a debate at all.

    Once this happens, then maybe, just maybe, we could get a tweak to the target system that makes that mode better. If not, oh well. Hero Blast will be there.
  • Except improving aim scuf/elite controllers let players do multiple actions like described above.
  • This game is still a glitchy mess, it's dead anyway...
    It's not dead... there's content still coming out and a leaker on Reddit confirmed that it will receive support in 2019 as well.

    Is that the same leaker who "confirmed" Hero Blast in previous Battlefront? :D

    Anyway, for all it's faults, I like playing HvV. It's one of my favourite modes. If you don't like it, don't play it, but don't squawk that it should be taken away from players who do enjoy it. I never play Blast but I'm not calling for its removal.
  • Any particular player you think is using mouse and keyboard?


    8dh69o72w6hm.jpg


  • This idea, to me, is even worse than the, still bad, remove target idea, and I will never support that. Adding hero blast however (with at least 5 people per team) has my full support.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!