criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Squad System Improvement Suggestions

I like the idea of a squad system in this game, however, there are still improvements that need to be made to make this feature enjoyable. I won't include bugs as I know they're being worked on. I'm going to elaborate on how the squad system can be better for a more enjoyable experience.

First off I feel players are ending up in combat for so long players are just unable to spawn with them to the point they simply end up back at the default spawn location making it as if the system wasn't there at all. If a squad member so much as shoots just once, the game assumes he is in combat. The player should only be in combat if he is getting shot or if an enemy is right next to the squad member. It makes more sense he would be in combat due to those scenarios rather than shoot once even if it's at a long distance.

Second I'm unable to determine who exactly is in my squad. I can't see which heroes or classes are by my side, if they're under fire, or simply defeated. I need to know who is with me in a squad for better coordination similar to how they show the squad on the bottom left of the HUD in Battlefield 1.

Third players should not be able to spawn on heroes at all. It would definitely make things more unbalanced. This is especially the case for heroes spawning on heroes, which has already caused a glitch to occur where more heroes than intended are spawning in. This is the worst case if a Wookiee were to spawn in with Yoda constantly as both function like tanks with their absurd amount of health. I understand health stacking is being looked at so this will be less of an issue in the future.

Fourth, I should be able to spawn in immediately to the spawn location when choosing a vehicle. For whatever reason, I have to wait for the spawn timer to end before I can hop onto a vehicle. I have to wait on the home screen and constantly click until the timer ends. This issue is far more apparent when attempting to choose a vehicle, but you couldn't because someone else picked the vehicle you wanted. I know this isn't the case when picking troopers and heroes, so why is this happening only with vehicles?

Last, there should be different colors to show better who is safe, in combat, or dead. For example: white is safe, yellow or orange can show a player is in combat, and red means a squad member is defeated. A squad system is a good start to playing with friends better, it just needs some fine tuning to be more enjoyable to use.

Replies

• You shouldn't be allowed to spawn on a teammate when they are standing in a control point either it's made the game so much more difficult for the weak side to even get through the game now. Also even the really good teams have a super difficult time getting through some of the objective control points because people keep spawning into the zone without having to run back into the zone and pass them by.

Juggernaut sabotage points on Kashyyk, Hoth Sabotage points 3rd phase, and 2nd phase a lot of the time now too, 2nd phase Crait control point, etc. The list goes on and on!
  • Yeah I know. The balance has changed drastically on multiple maps with this squad system. Hopefully they find a way to balance things out.
    You shouldn't be allowed to spawn on a teammate when they are standing in a control point either it's made the game so much more difficult for the weak side to even get through the game now. Also even the really good teams have a super difficult time getting through some of the objective control points because people keep spawning into the zone without having to run back into the zone and pass them by.

Juggernaut sabotage points on Kashyyk, Hoth Sabotage points 3rd phase, and 2nd phase a lot of the time now too, 2nd phase Crait control point, etc. The list goes on and on!
  • I agree with you, great points.

Squad System is a wonderful idea, just has to be very examinated and balanced, not to mention improved.

This and the servers system update to fill servers, was one of the best update news i've heard in a long time.
    My priority list:
    * Conquest Mode
    - Ground-Sky (Troopers, Vehicles, Starfighters - spawn and "press G" to enter)
    * Map Selection / Server Browser
    * All modes available for us to play
    - All selections and team choosing available for us to play
    * Cosmetic system
    - Customization of clothing, weapons and vehicles
    * Improved Squad System
    - In-Squad Voip System, or something better.
    * No microtransactions

Twitch Channel: Joey A
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    For me it's the spawn timer "on top" of the squad spawning. It can take up to 10 seconds to get back into a game and when you are attacking or defending, 10 seconds without support can kill your defense or your attack momentum.
    You spend 5 secs trying to find someone to spawn with (typically most if not all are in combat and unavailable) then wait another 5 secs just to spawn! No one during testing saw this as a potential issue??
    I agree that spawning within an objective is a problem, as well as heroes spawning into squads. It's like teleporting a nuke into a combat zone when heroes suddenly show up.
    I tolerated spawn timers in H v V as it made some sense, but in general application it is a total failure and a source of infinite frustration.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg