criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Revert the heroship nerfs DICE!

Hey folks! Its me again

I guess those who are playing SA often remember around june we got a heroship rework! Some of them were needed (Yoda/Vader)but some were unecessary(Maul/Falcons).

Rey´s Millennium Falcon
Reduced total health (hull + shield) from 20k → 14k
Tweaked regen value from 1200>1100

Han Solo's Millennium Falcon
Reduced total health (hull + shield) from 20k → 14k
Tweaked regen values from 1200>1100

Darth Maul's Scimitar
Lowered regen rate to 600 from 700
Made regeneration cooldown stop while being in cloak mode = You can't regen while cloaking and it will resume the count down to regen when you get out of it again.
Increased cooldown time for cloak to 20 from 15.
Increased total health (hull + shield): (4500→5000)

Also Lando got his nerf - Reduced total health (hull + shield) from 17k → 12.5k - but at least they boosted his speed.

This"update"above was necessary from Dice view to balance the ships for Hero Starfighter mode.
Well as i forseen it had its negative side effect within the regular SA and i had enough of this!

Basically 2 separatist intercepter can burst down the falcon in seconds.

Since NOBODY plays Hero Starfigter Mode the nerfs on Maul and the Falcons are not needed anylonger.
I agree the smaller ships buff was a great idea, thou Kylo and Poe were already godlike before buff too but nvm. What i couldnt accepted and understand why did u guys at Dice decide to mess up with the already"weak"falcons?!?!

Almost all Slow/big ships - Maul, Boba, - have their tool to escape or defend themself but the falcons were already slow, so their HP was the only thing they had...which gave more time to get help from other players or outrun your foes if u are in luck.

As i stateted before the falcons need a slightly speed buff and not brutal nerf on their HP/shield. Maul overall still"ok"but its pretty stressfull to stay alive with the longer cloak CD and no regen.

Conclusion - I highly suggest Dice to revert the june nerf on Maul and the Falcons, cause your hero starfighter mod is Done but in SA these ships are in trouble.

Thx for reading, share your thoughts too!
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• It gonna happen, they did it for Sa HvV
  • Yeah, the nerfs were the final nail in the coffin of SA for me. Completely unnecessary and totally unbalanced. Pathetic. Its not like anybody was complaining to begin with. If anything the Hero ships were too easy to take down by interceptors ect.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • New_Roosterman
    449 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I agree the nerfs to Maul and the Falon's were un-necessary. It makes Maul's Scimitar way too squishy as you cannot run away as you have no booster, and once you unlock you are often dead if anyone is in range.

With the Falcon, you should not be dieing by having 1 x Tie Fighter chase you and kill you in about a minute. I know as I've done it to many a Falcon with a regular TIE Fighter.
    Post edited by New_Roosterman on
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • How did none of the Falcons get a turret star card that acts like the ion cannon?
  • How did none of the Falcons get a turret star card that acts like the ion cannon?

Actually, the Falcons should have a turret like the ARC fighter, not an ion turret.
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    How did none of the Falcons get a turret star card that acts like the ion cannon?

Actually, the Falcons should have a turret like the ARC fighter, not an ion turret.

Falcon turrets run 360 degrees
  • Liz4rD
    581 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think Falcons must have an ability or starcard named 'LIGHTSPEED' which makes the ship to 'enter hiperspace' and teleport to another place in the map. The ability must have a long cooldown to not being exploited by the pilot and that way give him the chance of scaping from a live or death situation.
  • The turret issue always bothered me why i cant fire backward...If the game would allow to use the cannons in F2 mod(back view)that would be cool too, yet bit difficult :D but at least we could defend our 4sses from behind.

Liz4rD wrote: »
    I think Falcons must have an ability or starcard named 'LIGHTSPEED' which makes the ship to 'enter hiperspace' and teleport to another place in the map. The ability must have a long cooldown to not being exploited by the pilot and that way give him the chance of scaping from a live or death situation.

Its a really awesome idea and it would be a really unique 4th ability...but thinking about the remaining Devs here and their capabilities...maybe its better to not ask for complicated things.

The safest thing what even Dice devs could do is to fix what they messed up in june and revert the HP nerfs, the maul cloak nerf and give the falcons excatly the same Base speed as Lando has. That 6k hp/shield nerf was the dumbest thing i ever seen in SA.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I don't want a new ability for a Preexisting character, but I could go either way on buffs.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Honestly, they should just get sfa back to the patch after D'quar release.
    Also remove the revenge tag, stop ion canon of the y-wing from blocking abilities, 10% damage increase on first order interceptors primary fire and 10% less overheat for tie interceptors primary fire (to make them able to compete with the a-wing), 100 more health regened per second for iden and we have a sfa 10x better than what we have now.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
    Also remove the revenge tag, stop ion canon of the y-wing from blocking abilities, 10% damage increase on first order interceptors primary fire and 10% less overheat for tie interceptors primary fire (to make them able to compete with the a-wing), 100 more health regened per second for iden and we have a sfa 10x better than what we have now.
    I like all your ideas except for the removal of the revenge tag, and maybe the Y wing turret one and the D'quar one.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »

The falcon should have an auto turret to shake off pursuers, would be canon too
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

This is a really good idea.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    It should be fun to play as the Falcon but it just isn't at all, you can't shake pursuers, they will hunt you until you're dead, and the ship feels too sluggish, it looks clunky but it can pull off some moves, like Rey does in Force Awakens

Give it an auto turret and a bit more pace and faster turning and it might actually be fun to use

There are plenty things i would fix in SA too, like:
    The TIE intercepter overheat issue
    Some spawn point on Endor, rebel side.
    Explosive Glitch which drags your ship randomly for a short duration and lead u to your death
    Some objects hitboxes
    Dmg reducation for hitting object, sometimes i barely touch the wall but die painfully.

Personally i dont mind about the revenge tag...i like the challenge :dizzy:
    Y wing's ion cannon indeed annoying specially when playing with heroes.

But first of everything i want the falcons 6k HP/shield back!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• jonci
    897 posts Member
    Glad i am not the only one unhappy with the nerfs, SA and hero ships needed to be left alone.
  • jonci
    897 posts Member
    Please fix the no re-spawn bug that's affecting games, its frustrating when in a match we get stuck and cant.
  • @F8RGE Stay awhile and listen!

Question1:
    Why did your"BALANCE TEAM"decide to prioritize a
    small 4v4 mode over on a bigger 12v12 mode?
    Why is this minor mode was more important to balance
    than an already existed/well balanced mode like SFA?

Question 2:
    Why did your"BALANCE TEAM"decide to nerf the falcons to the ground, without giving ANY buff?

IT wasn't even an OP heroship! It cant Dogfight, cant outrun/outturn any ship without cover, cant defend it self YET u nerfed it.
    cxj0rtabmnxu.jpg
    It badly needed some buff in basespeed and mobility, not nerf!

Its like you nerf Vader HP from 900 to 600 and u expect from him to tank normally...How? Silly isnt it :)

Pls give us an answer to revert this mess what your"balance team"made back in june to SFA.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Are u crazy the falcons needed this buff. There were so weak before and now there fairly decent.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    When did they nerf hero ships?

I didn't think sa had been touched since launch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

Unfortunately they did. The small ship buffs were okey, cause bellow average players had a hard time to play with them...but Maul and the Falcon nerfs were totally unnecessary. Even boba got speed buff, even Maul got a slightly hp buff to"balance"his heavy nerf...but Rey and Han got rekt, for NO REASON.
    Who ever made this patch not an expert in this mode for sure.

Here u go:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/114494/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-hero-starfighters-update
    Are u crazy the falcons needed this buff. There were so weak before and now there fairly decent.

What buff? are you from the Dice Dev team ? :D Han&Rey didnt get any buff just nerf
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Agreed! The Nerfs were uneccessary! Specially with Han and Rey... , The BaseSpeed buff + revert hp need to happen!
  • I_Oromis_I wrote: »
    Agreed! The Nerfs were uneccessary! Specially with Han and Rey... , The BaseSpeed buff + revert hp need to happen!

Yes!
    Glad to see i am not alone with this :) Too bad not even F8RGE replied here...so this mod is my fav...i just wanna enjoy it as used to be.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• TheScape
    1878 posts Member

They also tweaked the UI a bit (icons in ships and I think they made the player tags more noticeable).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »

They also tweaked the UI a bit (icons in ships and I think they made the player tags more noticeable).

Personally the new UI still annoying :D and yet no one ask for it...
    i would be more happier if they they make the heroship+team member icons more seeable cause its pretty hard to find my mates.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Honestly, they should just get sfa back to the patch after D'quar release.
    I like all your ideas except for the removal of the revenge tag, and maybe the Y wing turret one.

Yeah they're both fantastically bad ideas. As for the revenge tag, I never expected anyone to roll that particular dead horse out and beat it some more.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Seronax wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »

i would be more happier if they they make the heroship+team member icons more seeable cause its pretty hard to find my mates.

I don't mind the icons personally (if they weren't bugged). It's a good way to hunt hero ships if you feel like it (again, if they weren't bugged). But, I meant that when they introduced the hero mode they also introduced the UI tweaks (most likely for the new mode). It seems like any SA "update" that doesn't include adding hero ships is related to some other change in the game as collateral damage (like the squad system issues). It really feels like they don't know how to expand on it and that is why they haven't announced anything for the mode on the roadmap. It makes sense if you think about BF2015 where DICE was the only developer and how Criterion actually created a worthwhile mode with BF2.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Just give all the falcons a 4th ability that grants a arc 170 esq turret so when an enemys gets behind you its not a complete death sentence
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    They really need to put some focus on SA
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Seronax wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »

I don't mind the icons personally (if they weren't bugged). It's a good way to hunt hero ships if you feel like it (again, if they weren't bugged). But, I meant that when they introduced the hero mode they also introduced the UI tweaks (most likely for the new mode). It seems like any SA "update" that doesn't include adding hero ships is related to some other change in the game as collateral damage (like the squad system issues). It really feels like they don't know how to expand on it and that is why they haven't announced anything for the mode on the roadmap. It makes sense if you think about BF2015 where DICE was the only developer and how Criterion actually created a worthwhile mode with BF2.

Agreed!
    The bomber icon on heroships are just hillerious...
    What ever Dice touches just goes wrong. I wish Criterion would jump in for a while and help Dice out a bit and us SA fans.

@F8RGE, I Find your Team Lack of Experience, Disturbing

Thats why i dont get it, if dice is uncapable to understand what Criterion has made nicely why mess it up? Than Do not change anything. Who ever nerfed the falcons, surely not a well experienced guy in SA.

Give that 20k hp back for the love of god.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Yeah, the nerfs were the final nail in the coffin of SA for me. Completely unnecessary and totally unbalanced. Pathetic. Its not like anybody was complaining to begin with. If anything the Hero ships were too easy to take down by interceptors ect.

Truth. Though I was calling for the Han Solo Falcon to get a speed boost.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Truth. Though I was calling for the Han Solo Falcon to get a speed boost.

Totally Agreed!
    Rey also needs some base speed+turnrate buff cause her Ship is trash completely. I would suggest some rework on her abilities, cause that Hardlock is totally useless for a sluggish ship like Her falcon. Plus that DMG is also a lack luster.
    But Dice not gonna rework it most likely so just reset the falcons HP, increase their basespeed to 115 (Like Lando)and we are done.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

How did none of the Falcons get a turret star card that acts like the ion cannon?

Yeah but they fire lasers, not ion. Do not need more skilless ion turrets in SA. No unaimed crutches please...
    LeftTurnus wrote: »

Yeah but they fire lasers, not ion. Do not need more skilless ion turrets in SA. No unaimed crutches please...

like the ARC 170 turret might be nice but as we saw Dice is uncapable to add the smallest things to SA without bugs and game breaking glitches.

But, they might be able to change the heroships stats a little bit. What they did back in june was half a success, half failure. We gave them insane amount of feedback how to make this mod even a bit better but they are totally ignore us SA players...even the"community manager"doesnt reply :D :D

Nice communication i must say!
    4l2vbx4qilj8.jpg
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• @F8RGE, just one question...Did anyone EVER asked for a
    Maul/Falcon Nerf?

Ppl asked for buffs, yes...many times, but noone ever said a thing about nerfing anything!(Within Heroships, not Ywing which is still untouched... )
    So how did you guys came up with this awfull idea?
    Just curious...
  • I_Oromis_I wrote: »
    @F8RGE, just one question...Did anyone EVER asked for a
    Maul/Falcon Nerf?

Ppl asked for buffs, yes...many times, but noone ever said a thing about nerfing anything!(Within Heroships, not Ywing which is still untouched... )
    Just curious...

Great question, but we not gonna get any respond from those who ruined these ships...

I asked Devs several times to fix an explosive glitch within SA which Drag my ship randomly. Most of the time its end up being killed by this bug...wrote several post, sent bug report, STILL its in game...so yea, we are doomed.
    Their working speed is awfull
    Their Focus on SA is close to 0.

To balance the ships for their minor mode, when we had a bigger one...tells everything.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »
    I_Oromis_I wrote: »
    @F8RGE, just one question...Did anyone EVER asked for a
    Maul/Falcon Nerf?

Just curious...

Great question, but we not gonna get any respond from those who ruined these ships...

I asked Devs several times to fix an explosive glitch within SA which Drag my ship randomly. Most of the time its end up being killed by this bug...wrote several post, sent bug report, STILL its in game...so yea, we are doomed.
    Their working speed is awfull
    Their Focus on SA is close to 0.

To balance the ships for their minor mode, when we had a bigger one...tells everything.

I dont know how many bugs have been reported since launch and are still in the game. But when they do touch the game mode, they end up breaking it. Are we at the point where we simply need to ask them to not touch the mode?
  • jonci wrote: »
    Glad i am not the only one unhappy with the nerfs, SA and hero ships needed to be left alone.

Agreed, it should be as enjoyable to use Hero ships in SA as it is for regular heroes in GA. As for right now, there's only about half of the Hero ships I enjoy playing, and they have either a heal ability (Poe, Luke, Tallie), or are fast/evasive with good primary wepaons (Yoda/Iden/Kylo). The rest are too slow and easy to pick off. Not a coincidence that those ships I just named I can get 30+ Killstreaks and singlehandedly win games, but the others I barely get 5-10 kills and spend the ENTIRE time running from multiple enemies.
  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »

Agreed, it should be as enjoyable to use Hero ships in SA as it is for regular heroes in GA. As for right now, there's only about half of the Hero ships I enjoy playing, and they have either a heal ability (Poe, Luke, Tallie), or are fast/evasive with good primary wepaons (Yoda/Iden/Kylo). The rest are too slow and easy to pick off. Not a coincidence that those ships I just named I can get 30+ Killstreaks and singlehandedly win games, but the others I barely get 5-10 kills and spend the ENTIRE time running from multiple enemies.

agreed, i can still do big streaks with Lando&Han on defending maps like, Endor, Dqar, Kamino but since the nerf i cant build on any offensive build cause they would rekt me in seconds! Falcons cant defend themself, They can outrun some ship on maps like Fondor where u have plenty of covers but on Ryloth the lack of speed and hp makes it really hard to enjoy the game with the old junk
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited January 12
    As a friendly reminder to DICE balance team, Hero SA is Gone, dead! The nerf what the falcons suffered unnecessarly for the sake to balance a dead mode is no longer needed. Revert it! In regular SA its really hurting the falcons uptime, not talking about high lvl gameplay
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg