criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How do they do it?

I’ve watched some of these YouTubers who amass high hero killstreaks. I study how they play and work to emulate their strategies but to no avail. I just don’t understand how they’re able to do what they do.

I’m not going to deny they certainly seem to have some talent for the game, but at the same time it’s like they either have an insane amount of luck or manage to play against the worst players in the game.

50+ kills and it seems like nobody on the enemy team knows how to aim or dodge. Meanwhile the second I get a hero it’s like the enemy team has target lock and burns me down, despite me playing the same way.

Rant over.

Replies

• I’ve watched some of these YouTubers who amass high hero killstreaks. I study how they play and work to emulate their strategies but to no avail. I just don’t understand how they’re able to do what they do.

I’m not going to deny they certainly seem to have some talent for the game, but at the same time it’s like they either have an insane amount of luck or manage to play against the worst players in the game.

50+ kills and it seems like nobody on the enemy team knows how to aim or dodge. Meanwhile the second I get a hero it’s like the enemy team has target lock and burns me down, despite me playing the same way.

Rant over.
    Well, when you're a hero the enemy does have a target lock. They see your location on the map always and will zero in on you. You have to keep moving and always watch your 6. You have more power, but you've also a target on your back.

Some players are just naturally skilled, and if they're smart in how they position it leads to huge killstreaks.

Personally, I'm not the best at aiming or reactions, but I try to compensate by being unpredictable. With my hero mains (Iden, Leia) or ones who are clearly borderline OP in GA (pre-nerf Palpatine) I can get big streaks (highest was 105) provided the right circumstances, but it doesn't happen every time I pick one.

Seems just as often I'll play a couple minutes & get a dozen or so kills, then screw up, overextend, or have to sacrifice to keep the game going. I imagine that happens to the best players too (but why record that for YouTube unless its funny?)

Then there's the time that my team wins quickly and there simply isn't time to get large (20+ or so) killstreaks