criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rage quitters...

Please don't do this.

Replies

• I have a friend who is the best infantry ever seen in GA, Strike, Extraction and Blast, the guy is simply a killing machine as assault and aerial reinforcement, capable of taking on a wookie on 1V1 as an assault class most of the time, he uses a standard PS4 controller and usually is accused of cheating by great players in those modes who cannot stand losing to him 1V1 consistently during the whole match several times, sadly most of them would even quit in the middle/end of the game as their rate killing success would dramatically decrease every time they encounter him or myself. Then, out of rage they text him suggesting he is using a mouse/keyboard combo on PS4 or a modded controller. Those players would not even finish the match since they cannot even get 10 kills total (Blast) when their average is normally 35-45 kills in blast, 70-80 kills in GA. Big Egos playing its part here.
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    I have a friend who is the best infantry ever seen in GA, Strike, Extraction and Blast, the guy is simply a killing machine as assault and aerial reinforcement, capable of taking on a wookie on 1V1 as an assault class most of the time, he uses a standard PS4 controller and usually is accused of cheating by great players in those modes who cannot stand losing to him 1V1 consistently during the whole match several times, sadly most of them would even quit in the middle/end of the game as their rate killing success would dramatically decrease every time they encounter him or myself. Then, out of rage they text him suggesting he is using a mouse/keyboard combo on PS4 or a modded controller. Those players would not even finish the match since they cannot even get 10 kills total (Blast) when their average is normally 35-45 kills in blast, 70-80 kills in GA. Big Egos playing its part here.

There are a number of what I term ‘mega-skill’ players. Yet still, there are a rare few actual savant gamers who exceed even them. Your example is a clash of the two.
  • Madbri
    231 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    GGAMA92 wrote: »

Please don't do this.

If a random person team plays against a clan n gets slaughtered of course there going to quit.
  • Madbri wrote: »

Please don't do this.

If a random person team plays against a clan n gets slaughtered of course there going to quit.

The thing in the video is that the clan left.
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    Madbri wrote: »

Please don't do this.

The thing in the video is that the clan left.

^^
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I would of stayed and went down fighting
    943hkgco2lan.gif
  • Lol they were getting Molly whopped what do you expect? When multiple targets on your team can’t stay alive more than 30 secs it’s time to admit your team is outclassed and take the L. Personally if I’m playing HvV and we lose the first 5 targets before we score a point then I’m out. No point in trying to carry a bunch of uncoordinated players. That’s how you break your back and your sanity.
  • I really don't care if they quit. I'm still get my credits. This what happens to games that focus on the multi-player online only group. You get competitive 13-16 year olds that can't take a licken. Shame ain't it?
  • gospa55350
    185 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    gospa55350 wrote: »
    I have a friend who is the best infantry ever seen in GA, Strike, Extraction and Blast, the guy is simply a killing machine as assault and aerial reinforcement, capable of taking on a wookie on 1V1 as an assault class most of the time, he uses a standard PS4 controller and usually is accused of cheating by great players in those modes who cannot stand losing to him 1V1 consistently during the whole match several times, sadly most of them would even quit in the middle/end of the game as their rate killing success would dramatically decrease every time they encounter him or myself. Then, out of rage they text him suggesting he is using a mouse/keyboard combo on PS4 or a modded controller. Those players would not even finish the match since they cannot even get 10 kills total (Blast) when their average is normally 35-45 kills in blast, 70-80 kills in GA. Big Egos playing its part here.

There are a number of what I term ‘mega-skill’ players. Yet still, there are a rare few actual savant gamers who exceed even them. Your example is a clash of the two.

He is so gifted once I was playing against a party of 7 well known players who love “having fun” by destroying the opponents in the worst possible way, they all stand together and just compete among themselves for killings, we lost by 77. I called my friend, joined our game and he started killing them right off the bat twice each, we were winning by 25 and finally we won by 9. He had 49 kills I had 33, the rest of our team was just average. He is the kind of player who will play better against those “mega-skill players”. Next match, they changed strategy and started camping 3-4 wookies in one area and we got beaten by 10. He still went for 52 kills and I got 29 kills.

• gospa55350 wrote: »

....and micro lag and Frostbite can make people appear better/worse than they really are ....lag is the 'rage quit' drug
  • I quit all the time since the new update. Yesterday I quit 4 HvV matches. One had a cohesive Sith team vs three of us, and I was the only one sticking close to my teamies (as Yoda) but they were off doing their own thing so I was constantly the only duck on the pond.

Same in Hero SF and I’ve noticed it too in SFA (my main mode).

It’s not rage quitting as far as I’m concerned. I bought this game for entertainment, not o spend the entire time being farmed for XP/Credits, constantly running to the action from a spawn point.

On one hand the update’s improved the player amounts in things like SF heroes, but now I find myself in teams with no common sense. Eg; Uncharted Region as the Resistance last night should be a cakewalk but we were summarily defeated before the troop transports phase. On the leaderboard my teams have huge kill counts but low score. It appears I was the only one playing the objective.

So, I now make frequent use of the quit method...

pH
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    It’s not rage quitting as far as I’m concerned.

I find the term rage quitting to be funny. I'm not sure who has more rage, the quitters or the people that use the term rage quit. I'll quit if others quit a hopeless match first (I'll play a man down in HvV or 2-4 down in GA hoping someone joins, but not more than that). I'l also quit a HvV match that is a stalemate with one team camping around Phasma and or that is taking a long time due to people running from the action.
  • Been in many SA HvV matches with players who quit as soon as their hero ship is destroyed. Then the rest of us have to wait for teams to be balanced. Too much time wasted waiting and not enough time playing. Fix the mode so we can respawn as a hero ship just like all the other hero modes. Please!
    #StarWars-y
  • Just for the record though. Not everyone is rage quitters. Sometimes you have to quit because of life or connection issues. If it is a connection issue, where your game isn't even letting your player move, it would just be better to quit and let you team get somebody with a better connection who can do more for the team. But if an entire team quits, they are a rage quitting clan.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    Been in many SA HvV matches with players who quit as soon as their hero ship is destroyed. Then the rest of us have to wait for teams to be balanced. Too much time wasted waiting and not enough time playing. Fix the mode so we can respawn as a hero ship just like all the other hero modes. Please!

That is just an awful mechanic that makes me avoid that mode and HS.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• It feels like the game has been designed from the ground up to encourage quitting.
  • If my team is crap in hvv I'm gone,, everytime
  • GGAMA92 wrote: »

Please don't do this.

In every single match of HvV someone quits before the end. It’s frustrating. They need to do something about it cause those players are ruining this mode. It’s hard to find a match in which have fun. I never quit, even when things get really bad. Last week I played with 2 afk players in my team, and I kept playing (I taked down only 2 targets but it was satisfying). When this happens, I take it as a challenge. Maybe they have to find a way to “punish” quitters..

• Nice Aayla Secura mod though.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo