criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can Iden's pulse cannon be fixed?

Empire_TW
4999 posts Member
edited October 2018
It is really fun 2 shotting most blaster and one shotting clown troopers, rabble scum, and resistance goobers however since launch there has been this glitch where the pulse cannon doesn't want to work. At random times it refuses to charge, what causes this glitch is a mystery as it seems to just be random.

It really makes Iden sad when she is about to get a finishing headshot but the pulse cannon won't charge.s3dqz6n8msd4.jpg
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
p0glkjvppdfa.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• I personally find the pulse cannon useless in this game. 2015 had a much better functioning pulse cannon. I like playing as Iden, but I essentially use two abilities. I cannot find the PC useful in this game. Kuddos to you if you can make it work.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    It is really fun 2 shotting most blaster and one shotting clown troopers, rabble scum, and resistance goobers however since launch there has been this glitch where the pulse cannon doesn't want to work. At random times it refuses to charge, what causes this glitch is a mystery as it seems to just be random.

It really makes Iden sad when she is about to get a finishing headshot but the pulse cannon won't charge.s3dqz6n8msd4.jpg
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    anstee wrote: »
    I haven’t noticed that, but really think it could do with a dual zoom. Sometimes the current zoom is just a bit too far out, especially for hero modes.

Dual Zoom would indeed be very nice.

These^^! Agree 100%!
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Interesting...never experienced this issue, hope that I don't!
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    never had this happen to me, but I can't hit jack with it anyway
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Y'all don't play iden enough lol. Needs fixing hate when I'm sniping & I gotta press it 3 more times
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    I personally find the pulse cannon useless in this game. 2015 had a much better functioning pulse cannon. I like playing as Iden, but I essentially use two abilities. I cannot find the PC useful in this game. Kuddos to you if you can make it work.

I assure you that if you give more time to learn with it you will enjoy beaming the green light of imperial justice into the heads of clowns, rabble, and goobers.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • @F8RGE this is really something that should be looked into and fixed.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Yeah that bug where it doesnt charge is extremely annoying, especially when you need to land that final shot. Seems to happen only when you try to fire it fast and repeatedly.

The aim is a bit weird but once you get the hang of it, it's devastating when you headshot heroes.
  • Yeah that bug where it doesnt charge is extremely annoying, especially when you need to land that final shot. Seems to happen only when you try to fire it fast and repeatedly.

The aim is a bit weird but once you get the hang of it, it's devastating when you headshot heroes.

Yeah I think that too that the bug triggers when you wanna fire fast and repeatedly.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Nicky2face
    269 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    That's annoying

Never enough time for hero sniping in ga, I feel a bit bad sitting back with bossk or iden and not going for the objective, which is a shame as I love their weapons. I really believe we need longer bigger games. New maps would be good, but a large scale non linear mode on existing maps would be so much more tactical and fun. Sometimes ga feels incredibly short
  • I don't like how far it zooms in and when trying to rapid fire it won't charge

Very devastating, can 2 shot most of them. Very funny.
    49pch119anhz.jpg
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    Yeah that bug where it doesnt charge is extremely annoying, especially when you need to land that final shot. Seems to happen only when you try to fire it fast and repeatedly.

49pch119anhz.jpg

It's honestly hilarious taking out cocky Chewies trying to snipe with only 2 or 3 headshots lol Once again tho, thats if you don't get this lame charge glitch
    Yeah that bug where it doesnt charge is extremely annoying, especially when you need to land that final shot. Seems to happen only when you try to fire it fast and repeatedly.

49pch119anhz.jpg

It's honestly hilarious taking out cocky Chewies trying to snipe with only 2 or 3 headshots lol Once again tho, thats if you don't get this lame charge glitch

2 shotting a chewie is rare because they always have the bonus health card but by god is it funny when you do get get them.
    6cmzbjomic30.gif
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • The one thing I'd like changed is for the Pulse Cannon to hold it's charge when it reaches maximum, instead of auto discharging. That way, it'll be easier to do fine adjustments on a moving target, and a weapon auto discharging doesn't make sense anyway.
  • The one thing I'd like changed is for the Pulse Cannon to hold it's charge when it reaches maximum, instead of auto discharging. That way, it'll be easier to do fine adjustments on a moving target, and a weapon auto discharging doesn't make sense anyway.

Would mind buffs like these.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • Can Iden's pulse cannon be fixed?

"Can"? Sure it can...
    "Will"? Given the history of EA...LUL!
  • oh yes it can be fixed. but will it is another question. Perhaps the least played ability in the game next to Lando's smoke joke.

It should be called something else if they don't remove the tweaks made from the 2015 iteration. It should play verbatim to 2015 aka Nien Nunb or any snipe who knew what was up.

Add the cycler to the Christmas blaster list, please devs.

They tweaked the jet packs to play a 'little bit' better they can tweak the pulse cannon.

And fix the maps for more vert/ledges/nooks & crannies!

AAAARGH! I'm on a huge rant tonight! hold me back! >:)
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Can Iden's pulse cannon be fixed?

"Can"? Sure it can...
    "Will"? Given the history of EA...LUL!

Yeah I doubt a fix for it will come, Iden sad...
    15der31espwd.jpg
    p0glkjvppdfa.png

Honestly the limited charge isnt a problem. I think they just need to change the zoom to be like Phasma's and fix that glitch where it'll stay stuck and not charge.

Honestly the limited charge isnt a problem. I think they just need to change the zoom to be like Phasma's and fix that glitch where it'll stay stuck and not charge.

The glitch does need to be fixed, any buffs regarding the actual use of the ability would be nice too. I'd be more than happy to get some Iden buffs.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • bump.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
  • I played around with it in arcade and couldn't for the life of me get it to replicate the issue, so I suspect it has something to do with netcode or latency interacting with the charge in some strange manner.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I played around with it in arcade and couldn't for the life of me get it to replicate the issue, so I suspect it has something to do with netcode or latency interacting with the charge in some strange manner.

I remember the filthy wookiee, chewbacca ground slamming last game would cause all pulse cannon users to lose their charge so I might also be something like that.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    I played around with it in arcade and couldn't for the life of me get it to replicate the issue, so I suspect it has something to do with netcode or latency interacting with the charge in some strange manner.

I remember the filthy wookiee, chewbacca ground slamming last game would cause all pulse cannon users to lose their charge so I might also be something like that.

Nah heavily doubt it as this always happens to me when I'm sniping pesky heroes and there's not a shot in my direction whatsoever. It must be a lag relates issue considering Frostbite engine is notorious for it.
  • Nah it's broken somethings happen differently than in arcade. Now that idens becoming one of my favs I have noticed I can't for the life of me fire without her gun basically jamming on me.
    I played around with it in arcade and couldn't for the life of me get it to replicate the issue, so I suspect it has something to do with netcode or latency interacting with the charge in some strange manner.

Nah heavily doubt it as this always happens to me when I'm sniping pesky heroes and there's not a shot in my direction whatsoever. It must be a lag relates issue considering Frostbite engine is notorious for it.

Yeah happens too often for a specific ability to be causing it.
    p0glkjvppdfa.png