criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

List of Issues With the Squad System

MyLittleGreenFriend
2240 posts Member
edited October 1
I do genuinely believe that the squad system could be great for Battlefront 2, but there are a lot of issues with it, and I will try to address some of them in this thread. If anyone else has something to add, feel free.

1. Sometimes it bugs out and doesn't let you spawn with anyone else at all

This one is fairly self explanatory. Many times I have found myself unable to spawn in with other players for seemingly no reason at all.

2. It doesn't let you spawn in with your friends

The devs stated that the squad system would let you play with your friends easier, but there is nothing in the system that relates to this at all. You can join a party in Battlefront 2, it will neither spawn you in with them at the beginning of the game or prioritize your party in any way once you have died and wish to respawn.

3. Do not allow spawning in objectives

I will give an example of my experience with this problem to prove my point. I was playing a match of GA on Kashyyyk. We were in the second phase and defending one of the turbotanks. The droids had absolutely no chance of taking the objective, we had nearly destroyed the MTT's so that left them with very few lives. We were nearly about to pull off the victory when a single droid rushed into the turbotank and ran to the back end of it. We were focused on the other side so we were unable to kill him as he rushed back. A few of us (including me) went to his hiding spot to kill him, when both Vader and Iden spawned on top of him at the same time. They began slaughtering our team and took the objective in overtime. Also, it makes it nearly impossible to take back an objective that you have lost when the other team can respawn inside of it endlessly, making it easy to get an entire team inside an objective absurdly fast.

I honestly believe that the squad system could be great, and it is a fantastic idea, but these problems (and more that I didn't have time for) need to be fixed.
jexdw69dwod3.png
Post edited by MyLittleGreenFriend on

Replies

• "1. Sometimes it bugs out and doesn't let you spawn with anyone else at all
    This one is fairly self explanatory. Many times I have found myself unable to spawn in with other players for seemingly no reason at all."

I cannot comment on this one since I have not had this issue. I have always been able to spawn in.

"2. It doesn't let you spawn in with your friends
    The devs stated that the squad system would let you play with your friends easier, but there is nothing in the system that relates to this at all. You can join a party in Battlefront 2, it will neither spawn you in with them at the beginning of the game or prioritize your party in any way once you have died and wish to respawn."

I have found this to not be the case. What I have seen is when you join in on a game the squad is set from the moment the game starts. Therefore if you do not join in at the same time your friend will not be on your squad (since it was already set). It also depends on how quickly you load in initially. However, the very next round I have been placed in the same squad as my friend every time, without fail.

"3. It takes way too long to take players who have been defeated off the selection
    Once players are defeated, it takes far to long for them to be replaced by players who can be spawned with. This transition needs to be much quicker because now I have to either spawn default, or wait about thirty seconds for new options to replace the defeated ones."

Why would it be replaced? The squad you start the round with is your squad until the end (unless one drops out and new player joins in). Your three options are the same every time for that round.

"4. Do not allow spawning in objectives"

I do not have a problem with this. Why? because it goes both way. I have benefited by this feature. Secondly, if someone would have engaged that droid then Vader and Iden would not have been able to spawn in since the droid would have been "in combat"

"5. If you can't spawn next to vehicles, then why put them on the selection?"

I think goes back to you not understanding the squad system. The three you have are your squad members and you will not get other options. I have seen it where all my squad members were in vehicles and I had to default spawn.
  • OcDoc
    440 posts Member
    All I know is that so far I am not having as much fun.

Still need a little more time though. But I am not optimistic.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    "1. Sometimes it bugs out and doesn't let you spawn with anyone else at all
    This one is fairly self explanatory. Many times I have found myself unable to spawn in with other players for seemingly no reason at all."

I cannot comment on this one since I have not had this issue. I have always been able to spawn in.

"2. It doesn't let you spawn in with your friends
    The devs stated that the squad system would let you play with your friends easier, but there is nothing in the system that relates to this at all. You can join a party in Battlefront 2, it will neither spawn you in with them at the beginning of the game or prioritize your party in any way once you have died and wish to respawn."

I have found this to not be the case. What I have seen is when you join in on a game the squad is set from the moment the game starts. Therefore if you do not join in at the same time your friend will not be on your squad (since it was already set). It also depends on how quickly you load in initially. However, the very next round I have been placed in the same squad as my friend every time, without fail.

"3. It takes way too long to take players who have been defeated off the selection
    Once players are defeated, it takes far to long for them to be replaced by players who can be spawned with. This transition needs to be much quicker because now I have to either spawn default, or wait about thirty seconds for new options to replace the defeated ones."

Why would it be replaced? The squad you start the round with is your squad until the end (unless one drops out and new player joins in). Your three options are the same every time for that round.

"4. Do not allow spawning in objectives"

I do not have a problem with this. Why? because it goes both way. I have benefited by this feature. Secondly, if someone would have engaged that droid then Vader and Iden would not have been able to spawn in since the droid would have been "in combat"

"5. If you can't spawn next to vehicles, then why put them on the selection?"

I think goes back to you not understanding the squad system. The three you have are your squad members and you will not get other options. I have seen it where all my squad members were in vehicles and I had to default spawn.

1. Okay. I have had this issue.
    2. Okay. I have found this to be the case.
    3. Sorry. I was not aware of this. You are right, I did not realize that.
    4. I stand by the fact that this is not balanced.
    5. You are right, I was confused as to how it worked.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    1 Haven't run into it

2 Haven't played partied up

3 They are all prob waiting for someone to spawn in on. I just click default and they spawn on me.

4 I think the problem is more with letting heroes spawn on a squad mate than objective spawning. You should have chased the droid down if you saw him, then it wouldn't have been an issue.

5 Should we let people spawn next to fighters and free fall and see how much crying there is?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Edited it to take out three and five.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo wrote: »
    1 Haven't run into it

2 Haven't played partied up

3 They are all prob waiting for someone to spawn in on. I just click default and they spawn on me.

4 I think the problem is more with letting heroes spawn on a squad mate than objective spawning. You should have chased the droid down if you saw him, then it wouldn't have been an issue.

5 Should we let people spawn next to fighters and free fall and see how much crying there is?

1. Ok. I just know that I certainly have.
    2. Ok
    3. Three and five were just we misunderstanding how the system works. I have edited them out.
    4. It's difficult to shoot a vanguard running droid when your entire team is looking the other way. Nevertheless, two heroes shouldn't be able spawn on a trooper inside the objective.
    jexdw69dwod3.png