criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Hero Health Star Cards

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

8r2etm89bdhg.png

Community Transmission time, and today, we’re going to talk about an upcoming change to some of the Star Cards that are in the game.

The overall plan is to replace a selection of Hero Star Cards that have a very low usage and replace them with Health Star Cards. They will be broken up into two types of cards:

A generic “Health on Defeat” Star Card
    • This type of card is for Boba Fett, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Kylo Ren and Darth Maul. When a hero defeats an enemy, they will regain a small portion of health.

A “Defeat with Ability” card
    • This type of card is for Chewbacca, Yoda, Finn and Captain Phasma. When using one of these Star Cards, health will only be awarded if a specific ability was used to defeat the enemy.

We’ve heard your feedback and are looking forward to bringing the new cards to the Battlefront that will make heroes more fun and engaging to play.

Health on Defeat Star Cards
    These cards award health when a hero has one equipped and defeats an enemy.

Boba Fett
    We’re excited to see what Boba Fett can do in the hands of a skilled player once these changes are live. We will be modifying his “For the Hunt” ability to reveal enemy players to both Boba Fett and his teammates by default, without the need for a Star Card. This change would make the Information Sharing Star Card redundant and a good candidate to be changed into a health card.
    • Old Card: Information Sharing
    • Old Description: For the Hunt will reveal enemies to your allies for a part of its duration.
    • New Card: Bounty Claimed
    • New Description: Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Han Solo
    We know from our in-game telemetry that Han Solo’s “Head Games” Star Card is very rarely used by players. We believe this is because it has a difficult trigger and not much benefit. We know from community feedback that this Star Card is a good candidate to be reworked into a health card.
    • Old Card: Head Games
    • Old Description: Scoring three headshot hits in a row without hitting any other body part will reset a part of all Han Solo's abilities recharge time.
    • New Card: A Good Blaster
    • New Description: Whenever Han Solo defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Lando Calrissian
    We feel that “Overheat” is not as important for Heroes as it is for Troopers because all Hero weapons cooldown very quickly. As a result of this, the benefit of Lando’s “In the Zone” Star Card is negligible, making it a great candidate to become a health card.
    • Old Card: In the Zone
    • Old Description: Disabled overheat lasts longer when perfectly cooling the X-8 Night Sniper blaster.
    • New Card: Easy Wins
    • New Description: Whenever Lando Calrissian defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Kylo Ren
    We’ve identified Kylo Ren’s “Bloodletting Frenzy” Star Card to be the one that will be reworked into a health on defeat card. We know that health does decrease quickly, and this has an effect on Hero based game modes and Galactic Assault.

In hero-based game modes, players rarely survive long once they reach below 25%, while in Galactic Assault players would find themselves retreating.
    • Old Card: Bloodletting Frenzy
    • Old Description: While Kylo Ren's health is below 25% he will deal bonus damage with his lightsaber.
    • New Card: Frenzied
    • New Description: Whenever Kylo Ren defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Darth Maul
    Darth Maul does not have stamina and because of this, the “Frantic Strikes” Star Card has very little use. We know this is a card that does get brought up quite often by the community, so we feel it’s the perfect candidate to be changed into a health on defeat card.
    • Old Card: Frantic Strikes
    • Old Description: Melee strikes will drain less stamina.
    • New Card: Wrathful
    • New Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Defeat with Ability Star Cards
    These Star Cards reward health when an enemy is defeated by using a specific ability.

Chewbacca
    Chewbacca’s melee attacks are already very powerful so, Chewbacca’s “Wookiee Berserker” card is rarely used because of this, even more so due to the fact he can slam the ground.

Chewbacca’s high health is why we decided to connect his health regeneration with defeating an enemy by using a specific ability.
    • Old Card: Wookiee Berserker
    • Old Description: Chewbacca's melee attacks are stronger and deal more damage.
    • New Card: Ground Breaking
    • New Description: Whenever an enemy trooper is defeated by CHARGE SLAM, Chewbacca regenerates 20 health. If it was an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Yoda
    “Master of the Force” is a Star Card that is very rarely used since Yoda loses the unleash power build up very quickly. This card also has a very high difficulty curve, making it one of the least used cards available to Yoda.

Since Yoda has a health boost ability, we have made the decision to connect his health regeneration with the ability “Unleash.”
    • Old Card: Master of the Force
    • Old Description: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
    • New Card: Release the Force
    • New Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Finn
    When looking at the Star Cards for Finn, we identified the “All Together” card as one that is considered weaker than his others, and is rarely used by the community. Finn’s health boost ability is the reason why he receives a Defeat with Ability Star Card.
    • Old Card: All Together
    • Old Description: The radius of UNDERCOVER TEAM is increased if two friendlies are affected.
    • New Card: Covert Leader
    • New Description: Whenever Finn defeats an enemy trooper while UNDERCOVER TEAM is active, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Captain Phasma
    We have identified Captain Phasma’s Star Card, “Only Pawns,” as the optimal candidate to be replaced. We have found that recharge rates are often difficult to convey towards players and, it makes for the perfect choice.

The new Star Card will continue with the “Staff Strikes” themes, making it much more beneficial within Galactic Assault.

As with the other heroes in this category, Captain Phasma’s health boost ability is why she receives health regeneration connect to an ability.
    • Old Card: Only Pawns
    • Old Description: For every enemy Captain Phasma defeats with STAFF STRIKES its recharge rate will be increased for five seconds.
    • New Card: Beat Down
    • New Description: Whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy trooper with her STAFF STRIKES, she regains 20 health. Whenever she defeats an enemy hero, she regains even more.

FAQ
    Q) If I already own one of the Star Cards that are being changed, what will happen?
    A) If you already own one of the Star Cards that are changing, it will automatically change into the new card.

Q) If I have leveled up a Star Card, what happens if it changes?
    A) The Star Card will retain its level, despite changing over to its new version.

Q) How did you choose which Star Cards to modify?
    A) We used in-game telemetry which told us which Star Cards were not being used. We also utilized community feedback.

Q) Are you going to be making any more changes?
    A) We will be monitoring the game and community feedback once these changes go live. We will continue to tweak and balance through further updates to the game.

These changes are currently scheduled to arrive within the General Grievous update and as always, we’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

Punch it

Can you make Luke any trooper, not just imps?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • bfloo wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Wow, so Phasma remains unchanged lol.

That was the second thought that came to my mind reading this lol.

What was the 1st?

That I don’t need to reinstall for a long while
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I can't wait for this! Lando is going to be a freak now.
  • JMaster
    1976 posts Member
    Unless you radically change how Staff Strikes functions... yikes. Phasma has been left in the trash compactor ever since her appearance, and tying her heal to arguably the worst ability in the game is not a bright idea in my eyes. If you guys give Phasma's strikes the same speed, hitbox, functionality, and possibly even animations for Maul's saber, that'd be great. For some reason though I seriously doubt that will happen...
    While I am happy for the most part that this is happening (even if all heroes should have had it from the beginning), some of the options are pretty bizarre. Same with Chewie, I don't see the point in giving him a heal on ability kill when he's not getting a health buff to compensate for his still awful health and regen in GA. That and Charge Slam is one of the buggiest abilities in the game, it doesn't make sense to me. Also, will you be giving Chewie increased melee damage by default now? That'd be a nice touch,
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Han Solo will be my main in GA now <3

For me, he already was. Now...

jy0tl3j3tsag.gif

Now we can sit back at choke points blowing people up with the detonite charge and regaining health 😎😈

That's true. Maybe Han should have the kind of health card so it's connected to his blaster and not his detonite charge. One the other hand, Han is my favorite hero, and countless times he gets killed, if not right away, then all at once, either by a vehicle or some other scenario that's beyond your control. I think it's good DICE gave him this health-per-kill card. Maybe if Han is too OP now, they could walk it back a bit.

And it goes without saying that all the comments regarding Phasma's staff-based health card are true. Too bad. I love Phasma, but even successful uses of her staff that don't cost you health aren't justified when she could more easily use her AWESOME blaster.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    EightMile wrote: »
    This is a terrible idea. The devs keep listening to the same few voices and alienating the vast majority of players. No health on kill cards need to be added. This will end up very bad. The elite players will end up with the heros every round and roll up 100+ kill streaks with basically any hero now.

Just do better. Use your brain and realize other heros are always a counter to heros.... smh such a brainless community

If you are one of the lucky four on your team to get one, otherwise you are just glorified ai for them to farm now.

I'm worried about this too. Hopefully GA players will figure out that they need to work together and more aggressively to kill heroes. Otherwise, heroes will just dominate the game.
  • EightMile wrote: »
    This is a terrible idea. The devs keep listening to the same few voices and alienating the vast majority of players. No health on kill cards need to be added. This will end up very bad. The elite players will end up with the heros every round and roll up 100+ kill streaks with basically any hero now.

You might be right. And not even the "elite" players. Unless DICE resolves the extreme imbalances in the allocation of battle points - officers - then these additional health cards, an idea which does have merit, will only encourage more people to run the points-build with officers. That means we'll see even more than we do now a player with 2 eliminations at the top of the board claiming a hero when the player right behind him/her has 13 kills with an assault trooper but misses out on getting a hero. I find it so ironic that "rebalancing issues" always seem to dictate content changes to this game yet DICE ignores its most glaring instances. Anecdotally: I played a GA match against a large squad last week that started the match with 17 officers. Just absurd.
  • @Forge I disagree with giving Lando a straight HOK ability. The reason why is that his sharpshot can be exploited now to keep his health at or near max.

Because of this I propose that his disabler card must be used to regen health. It would be similar to Iden's ability to regen health, but because of it's longer cool down, Lando wouldn't be able to farm back max hp as fast.

Yes. Another annoying tendency that we all hate is when a player gets a hero but sits at the back of the map so they never die. Giving certain heroes an HOK card - Lando is perhaps the best example - will only encourage this tendency. It seems like the logic of a health card should reward you for taking more chances. It certainly shouldn't encourage conservative play that hurts a team and reduces the number of chances for getting a hero. I'm not sure, but maybe Han is another case - give him health when he gets blaster kills, but don't encourage people to lob detonite charges from afar, retreat, then do it again 25 seconds later (or however long the recharge rate is for the detonite charge). I love playing Han, so selfishly, I admit I'm glad he is getting an HOK card. Then again, since I main assault, I'll probably not get to play with Han as much since players running points-build officer class will snag him with 2 eliminations to their credit.
  • Finn needs HoK on an ability other than undercover team, i think he should just have a simple HoK.

Maybe, not sure. I hope this encourages Finn players to use Undercover Team more often, however, instead of playing it safe with Deadeye all the time. Finn's pistol is pretty awesome, actually.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    As have been mentioned, the Phasma change will not have any effect whatsoever. And it is obvious none of the devs plays the game, or they would know this. NOBODY uses the staff with Phasma. And if you do, you will lose so much health that you're probably dead anyways.

I suggest trading the health buff with a "blaster fire bounces off armor" for a couple seconds. Then you can just give her health on kill. Remove the staff and do the tiny blaster instead.

Given how bad the staff is, I think you're right - Phasma could use a pistol with associated buffs similar to Finn's Undercover Team. That said, the idea of Staff Strikes is unique in the game. Ideally, DICE would just figure out how to make it work faster, slightly better range (with a forward lunge), more damage than you would otherwise do just using her blaster so there's actually an incentive to try it - then, maybe, a health bonus for staff strikes would make sense.
  • Please don't ruin health regen. One thing I love about maul is his health regen.

If I had to choose between a health card and high health regen, I'd choose high health regen.
  • and you're giving us a 4th Star Card slot, right? :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Imho, Finn and Phasma don't need health cards because they can already boost their health but I admit I never play Phasma so I could be off on that. I play Finn with no deadly aim cards equipped and I last a long time already. Finn can also buff people around him and when our team needs to hold a single objective I boost anywhere from 12-15 people on average...he doesn't need a health card cause he already has a buffed team. Maul is so fast he can get in, strike hard, and get out of combat fast enough so I don't think he needs one. Then good god, you're giving Yoda one??? He's already powerful enough. I guarantee that this will make him op and you'll be forced to nerf it because if you prove time and time again, you go from one extreme (not powerful enough), to OP, and then back to where you started again. Don't touch Yoda.
  • Han Solo will be my main in GA now <3

Oh yeah! It's going to be a slaughtering house now boys and girls! I can't express how excited I am for these changes!
  • but but but … i used the chewbacca melee thing when playing against my friend in arcade when using melee only :(( im so saaad!
  • Finally!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  • If the goal is to give all hero’s a way to heal than why is it not just a passive ability/feature of hero’s - in GA you’d be a fool to run without the card so it should be part of how hero’s function - basically now you have only 2 star card slots if you want to utilize the characters that were just not viable before
    Incoming Transmission

8r2etm89bdhg.png

Community Transmission time, and today, we’re going to talk about an upcoming change to some of the Star Cards that are in the game.

The overall plan is to replace a selection of Hero Star Cards that have a very low usage and replace them with Health Star Cards. They will be broken up into two types of cards:

• This type of card is for Boba Fett, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, Kylo Ren and Darth Maul. When a hero defeats an enemy, they will regain a small portion of health.

• This type of card is for Chewbacca, Yoda, Finn and Captain Phasma. When using one of these Star Cards, health will only be awarded if a specific ability was used to defeat the enemy.

We’ve heard your feedback and are looking forward to bringing the new cards to the Battlefront that will make heroes more fun and engaging to play.

Boba Fett
    We’re excited to see what Boba Fett can do in the hands of a skilled player once these changes are live. We will be modifying his “For the Hunt” ability to reveal enemy players to both Boba Fett and his teammates by default, without the need for a Star Card. This change would make the Information Sharing Star Card redundant and a good candidate to be changed into a health card.
    • Old Description: For the Hunt will reveal enemies to your allies for a part of its duration.
    • New Description: Whenever Boba Fett defeats an enemy trooper, he regains twenty health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Han Solo
    We know from our in-game telemetry that Han Solo’s “Head Games” Star Card is very rarely used by players. We believe this is because it has a difficult trigger and not much benefit. We know from community feedback that this Star Card is a good candidate to be reworked into a health card.
    • Old Description: Scoring three headshot hits in a row without hitting any other body part will reset a part of all Han Solo's abilities recharge time.
    • New Description: Whenever Han Solo defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Lando Calrissian
    We feel that “Overheat” is not as important for Heroes as it is for Troopers because all Hero weapons cooldown very quickly. As a result of this, the benefit of Lando’s “In the Zone” Star Card is negligible, making it a great candidate to become a health card.
    • Old Description: Disabled overheat lasts longer when perfectly cooling the X-8 Night Sniper blaster.
    • New Description: Whenever Lando Calrissian defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Kylo Ren
    We’ve identified Kylo Ren’s “Bloodletting Frenzy” Star Card to be the one that will be reworked into a health on defeat card. We know that health does decrease quickly, and this has an effect on Hero based game modes and Galactic Assault.

In hero-based game modes, players rarely survive long once they reach below 25%, while in Galactic Assault players would find themselves retreating.
    • Old Description: While Kylo Ren's health is below 25% he will deal bonus damage with his lightsaber.
    • New Description: Whenever Kylo Ren defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Darth Maul
    Darth Maul does not have stamina and because of this, the “Frantic Strikes” Star Card has very little use. We know this is a card that does get brought up quite often by the community, so we feel it’s the perfect candidate to be changed into a health on defeat card.
    • New Description: Whenever Darth Maul defeats an enemy trooper, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

These Star Cards reward health when an enemy is defeated by using a specific ability.

Chewbacca
    Chewbacca’s melee attacks are already very powerful so, Chewbacca’s “Wookiee Berserker” card is rarely used because of this, even more so due to the fact he can slam the ground.

Chewbacca’s high health is why we decided to connect his health regeneration with defeating an enemy by using a specific ability.
    • New Description: Whenever an enemy trooper is defeated by CHARGE SLAM, Chewbacca regenerates 20 health. If it was an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Yoda
    “Master of the Force” is a Star Card that is very rarely used since Yoda loses the unleash power build up very quickly. This card also has a very high difficulty curve, making it one of the least used cards available to Yoda.

Since Yoda has a health boost ability, we have made the decision to connect his health regeneration with the ability “Unleash.”
    • Old Description: When the UNLEASH radius is at maximum distance, unleashing it will deal bonus damage.
    • New Description: Whenever Yoda defeats an enemy trooper using UNLEASH, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Finn
    When looking at the Star Cards for Finn, we identified the “All Together” card as one that is considered weaker than his others, and is rarely used by the community. Finn’s health boost ability is the reason why he receives a Defeat with Ability Star Card.
    • Old Description: The radius of UNDERCOVER TEAM is increased if two friendlies are affected.
    • New Description: Whenever Finn defeats an enemy trooper while UNDERCOVER TEAM is active, he regains 20 health. Whenever he defeats an enemy hero, he regains even more.

Captain Phasma
    We have identified Captain Phasma’s Star Card, “Only Pawns,” as the optimal candidate to be replaced. We have found that recharge rates are often difficult to convey towards players and, it makes for the perfect choice.

The new Star Card will continue with the “Staff Strikes” themes, making it much more beneficial within Galactic Assault.

As with the other heroes in this category, Captain Phasma’s health boost ability is why she receives health regeneration connect to an ability.
    • Old Description: For every enemy Captain Phasma defeats with STAFF STRIKES its recharge rate will be increased for five seconds.
    • New Description: Whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy trooper with her STAFF STRIKES, she regains 20 health. Whenever she defeats an enemy hero, she regains even more.

FAQ
    Q) If I already own one of the Star Cards that are being changed, what will happen?
    A) If you already own one of the Star Cards that are changing, it will automatically change into the new card.

A) The Star Card will retain its level, despite changing over to its new version.

A) We used in-game telemetry which told us which Star Cards were not being used. We also utilized community feedback.

A) We will be monitoring the game and community feedback once these changes go live. We will continue to tweak and balance through further updates to the game.

These changes are currently scheduled to arrive within the General Grievous update and as always, we’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

Punch it

This sounds really promising. Looking forward to these adjustments. :smiley:

I'm curious if Trooper and Special Unit Star Cards will also be reevaluated and adjusted. The one thing that drives me nuts is how the Specialist Class doesn't have the Flash Pistol - only I don't want that secondary flash bolt function, I want the scope to be functional as it was in the last game. Naming it the "Scout Pistol" Star Card would obviously be appropriate.

I hate not being able to use the EC-17 with the Imperial Scout Trooper (or being able to play as a male Scout Trooper, but that's another issue).
    "All wings report in."
  • Quite happy with most of this but yeah phasmas card should be reviewed...I use her quite a lot and think I've killed 2 or 3 enemies with her staff, and every time I get punished for it and lose a lot more than 20hp, can see myself getting carried away with it and just being killed more often
  • I'm so excited for the Boba Fett change, now he can actually be a feared as the greatest Bounty Hunter in the galaxy and prey on the unprepared.
  • this is a pretty minimalist change. all the heroes have maybe half star cards are not very interesting, i would go much further than this
  • Yanks28th
    113 posts Member
    edited October 3
    This is amazing news - I'm thrilled you guys are making this change. Kylo, Lando, Bobba and most of all Han will be far more playable and fun now. It also encourages heroes to get in the action, as losing 100 health permanently for a Bobba or Han is no longer the near-death sentence it used to be.

I'm a bit bummed your turning my favorite ability to use for Yoda into a different star card- I found this made him extremely effective when used in the Theed and Kamino hallways. But I love the changes as a whole, so I suppose that's a minor gripe. Great job. This is the type of update that will definitely bring me back into the game for a few weeks
  • DeadAssFacts
    123 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Why can’t they all just get heal on kill? It’s too unbalanced now with the heal on ability. Change the hero’s who currently have heal on ability, like palps to HOK!!
  • Why can’t they all just get heal on kill? It’s too unbalanced now with the heal on ability. Change the hero’s who currently have heal on ability, like palps to HOK!!

It's to try and keep characters like Yoda, Finn, and other's whose health numbers can get out of control in line a bit - remember, they will have to get a kill with the ability to heal
  • DeadAssFacts
    123 posts Member
    edited October 3
    Yanks28th wrote: »
    Why can’t they all just get heal on kill? It’s too unbalanced now with the heal on ability. Change the hero’s who currently have heal on ability, like palps to HOK!!

It's to try and keep characters like Yoda, Finn, and other's whose health numbers can get out of control in line a bit - remember, they will have to get a kill with the ability to heal

Out of control? Lando and Han can easily multi-kill. Kylo, Boba and Maul can at least gaurentee one kill with their abilities unless you’re awful. Trying to get health back with ground slam and staff strike is going to be much much more difficult. It sounds awfully unbalanced.

Just make it a scale.... ie some hero’s get 5 back per kill some get 10 or 20 ect.... furthermore, if palpatine and Iden had HoK and not HoA it would make them much more balanced.

This sounds like what the hero’s need to be balanced but terrible as proposed.

• I'm just going to wait to see how it plays out... there's a lot of "concern" about HOK cards for all heroes, but I'm not sure why.
    Good players will still be good players (who make mistakes) and bad players will die with heroes just like they've always done... (I'm not classing myself as in the good player category)

I've seen Rey, Vader, Iden, Luke, Leia and Bossk's all killed over a 100 times each in GA... and they all have HOK or full health regen.
    All these other heroes getting HOK cards will still be taken down just as easily. Sure, it might take a bit more effort - but Lando, Han, Maul etc don't regen health when they're getting vanguarded, flash grenaded, stinger pistoled in the face.

And having it as a card is definitely better than just an automatic HOK - it means players need to think about their other two slots... Taking out a slot currently used might make them lose an ability such as a third dash (Yoda / Maul) meaning they're more vulnerable. Will just have to wait and see...

Just my opinion, but I'm looking forward to it for all heroes (except Phasma whose staff strike is rubbish anyway)
  • Zinjo2017
    481 posts Member
    edited October 3
    So will they be reducing the base health for heroes with the advent of these health cards? I am concerned that it will make heroes invincible if all they need to do is kill a trooper to gain health. Let's face it heroes pile up a lot of bodies in GA.
    I am not loving this change. Heroes are powerful enough as it is, giving them more regen is going to irritate a lot of players in a very short time if their base health remains as it currently is. We finally got some balance to Palpy and they are going to run headlong into the same issue with MORE heroes.
    I guess the old proverb is still true, "those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it"... :/
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • OOM19
    2700 posts Member
    So excited to wreck more with Maul....

giphy.gif

Yes!

Finally Darth Maul can reveal himself to the Ocean of Rey and Vader mains

And once more top the scoreboard

I missed him so much
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Question:
    What if I chose one of the existing star cards because I did actually like it, and I had spent my points upgrading it?
    I know these points will move to the new replacement card, but I may not want that new card - I never chose it, nor to spend my points on it.
    So basically I would have lost my points...
  • OOM19
    2700 posts Member
    DICE: I am altering the card. Pray I don't alter it any further.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

Good. Heroes must be powerful
    Incoming Transmission

8r2etm89bdhg.png

Boba Fett

Han Solo

Lando Calrissian

Kylo Ren

Darth Maul

Chewbacca

Yoda

Finn

Captain Phasma

FAQ

Punch it

Nice. I liked Han being there especially.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Why is the master of the force card going? Is unleashed still a one hit once it is full? Bc u could make so many nice clips with thaz ability.. hope you overthink it?
  • Can Iden have a health on kill card? Having 2 healing cards would make her very happy.
    4ctw0ju7vmit.jpg
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• From an HvV prospective where kills don't come as often, the HoA cards are too situationally sporadic to actually be worthwhile.

Fully agree that this change to Phasma is laughable. That is, until staff strike animation is sped up or reworked entirely. Landing a killing blow on a hero with staff almost never happens.

With Finn - his kills rarely come when undercover team is active.

Chewie isn't doing the majority of his damage with ground slam. To risk charging in to finish someone off just to gain a bit of health simply isn't worth it.

But, I mean, good try?
  • I was in agreement some should receive a health on kill but not all.

The Phasma health on staff kill will be pointless. Really shocked by this one, did they pull stats on how many staff kills are done per match? I rarely use that ability when playing her and don’t see how that is going to do anything but waste a star card.

Health on slam will be interesting for Chewie.

Lando will be OP. Huge health, easy health on kills with long range sharp shot and a stun for anyone who wants to get close. Not liking him getting a health on kill card. Wasn’t needed.

Darth Maul will be a much bigger problem as well, he was already in a good place and will be a monster now with health on kill.
  • OOM19
    2700 posts Member
    I have to agree

I understand their thinking. Heal on ability use worked out great for Palpatine and Iden. But the core flaw is their ability is either fire and forget or stuns

Chewbacca, Phasma, and Finn have to commit and put themselves in a VERY disadvantageous situation in order to regenerate health

I understand the difficulty with Finn. He already has two very good abilities and tying HOK to one of them would either make them too good or overshadow his other powers. This will end up making people use the Pistol more but it is questionable in truth, hopefully the Pistol gets some re balances in the next update.

Phasma's is just a joke at this point. Unless they seriously changed how Staff Strikes work Phasma is almost never going to get any HP regeneration because the ability is terribly under powered

Chewbacca actually would have the best one here if he regenerated health for every enemy AFFECTED by Ground Slam this would actually put him on par with Iden and Palpatine's powers and make him MORE then viable for GA

But as it is. Needing to kill an enemy to get is going to make it a bit difficult but more then manageable
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Imho, Finn and Phasma don't need health cards because they can already boost their health but I admit I never play Phasma so I could be off on that. I play Finn with no deadly aim cards equipped and I last a long time already. Finn can also buff people around him and when our team needs to hold a single objective I boost anywhere from 12-15 people on average...he doesn't need a health card cause he already has a buffed team. Maul is so fast he can get in, strike hard, and get out of combat fast enough so I don't think he needs one. Then good god, you're giving Yoda one??? He's already powerful enough. I guarantee that this will make him op and you'll be forced to nerf it because if you prove time and time again, you go from one extreme (not powerful enough), to OP, and then back to where you started again. Don't touch Yoda.

Agee don’t know why they gave Yoda a HOK either. He has such high mobility and a huge team buff that gives tons of extra health. One of the ways to take him out in GA was to hopefully chip away at his main health so when boosted by his presence he was about normal health of any other hero. Now I fear this will make him even more unstoppable and always running around at 1k hp.
  • If Phasma has to be a health on ability kill then make her gain health when survivor is activated.
  • I really have to disagree here, this whole card changing doesn't sound good. Don't really like to see this happening, changing cards for better or worse. I thought you will add new health cards not remove old cards and remove them.
  • HoK and HoA cards are worthless in HvV - you don’t need long term sustainablity - health increase cards, damage reduction cards, and attack damage increase cards are better choices
  • I think Captain Phasma still needs some work

qkm1qw2i8czo.gif

Good. Heroes must be powerful

Heroes shouldnt be the mainfocus of a Battlefront game and shouldnt be part of big gamemodes like GA.

I really hope we get a Battlefront game in the future that cares more about trooper combat and less about heroes.
  • Xbox after download update 1.08gb it hasnt integrated yet. Restarted game 2 times.
  • relleuM wrote: »
    I was in agreement some should receive a health on kill but not all.

The Phasma health on staff kill will be pointless. Really shocked by this one, did they pull stats on how many staff kills are done per match? I rarely use that ability when playing her and don’t see how that is going to do anything but waste a star card.

Health on slam will be interesting for Chewie.

Lando will be OP. Huge health, easy health on kills with long range sharp shot and a stun for anyone who wants to get close. Not liking him getting a health on kill card. Wasn’t needed.

Darth Maul will be a much bigger problem as well, he was already in a good place and will be a monster now with health on kill.

I mean, he has horns...
    Why are we replacing cards again and not making new ones?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Health cards on Han and Lando is a big mistake. Hate now but watch the crying happen later LOL

What Han and Boba are really the only ones that need it for GA. Lando yeah maybe not, but Han no he definitely needs one to be a usable character in GA.
  • On xbox its saying an error occurred during system update!!! Now is requiring me to update offline. I tried and the download failed!! Wasted 3 hours... Great day off today. What do I do now? Reinstall? Quite perturbed atm.
  • Ok first I think Han should only regain Health by blaster bc I do not want to think about corridor-scenarios where he chucks his Detonite in and regains health (Kamino final phase, Naboo 2nd phase, Starkillerbase 2nd Phase, Deathstar every phase, Tattooine 2nd phase on bazar, endor final phase).

Maul should not have gotten such a strong card - he is (and I was so wrong about him for so long) such a powerful hero that should not have a generic health card just tie it to his saber throw or choke throw so you have to be percise or risky to regain health. Yado shouldn‘t have a health regain he can buff to 960, then lose 510 and then regen health again with his agility (it‘s pretty much the same problematic with vader but he is slow).

Lando will encourage players to chill in the back so maybe make a card I suggested for Han that is for blaster only and not his autoaim.

And Phasma has to be a troll just give her generic health card she is so weak atm if you see one in GA you just get on ger bc she is free hunt.

Boba will be very good now I guess but be veeery aware that we have a wall hack on the light side (Rey) that already can win games and that one on the dark side might be too strong especially with a flying charactre. Maybe instead of giving Boba that ability you could make it for Rey and him to not reveal em‘s to the teammates. Even though I had games with 95 streaks with rey and like 60k points bc of insight and that was really fun it feels a bit op if you play her as much as I do - every time I want to win I pick her and usually it‘s game from then on. Just consider that too pls ;)

Love the other changes though tbh Finn and Kylo are the best examples for when someone needs a special or a generic card and Chewie is ok too I guess.
  • A side from the terrible choice for Phasma, i personally think that Health on Kill or on Ability Kill linked to Star Cards is a poor design choice, you basically limit the builds for characters in GA as the the Health Cards will become mandatory.
    Designing and adding all these different cards for Heros to then just "lock" people into certain builds makes no sense, these Health on Kill thingies should all be passive abilities that are active by default.

As others already said some Heros might become extremely powerful now but i am willing to give it a try and see how it actually plays out in game before jumping to conclusions.